Guyana v Pakistanis | 2 Day Match | Gerogetown | 8-9 May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShehryarK

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
The first Test commences at Guyana on 12th May. Before that, there's a 2 day warm-up game at Bourda, Georgetown.

Guyana v Pakistanis
Sun May 8 - Mon May 9

Guyana Squad

1. Shemroy Barrington
2. Trevon Griffith
3. Ramnaresh Sarwan
4. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
5. Assad Fuddadin
6. Narsingh Deonarine
7. Derwin Christian
8. Amir Khan
9. Ronsford Beaton
10. Keon Joseph
11. Zaheer Mohammed
12. Gajanand Singh
13. Leon Johnson

Stand by
1. Anthony Bramble
2. Andre Stoll
3. Paul Wintz
4. Richard Ramdeen
5. Steven Jacobs

Match Referee: Colin Stuart

Standing umpires: Clyde Duncan and Nigel Duguid

Stand by umpire: Shannon Crawford

Some big names in the Guyana squad and also, as is to be expected at Guyana, quite a few players of sub-continental origin - in fact, a majority!

Some big names in the Guyana squad and also, as is to be expected at Guyana, quite a few players of sub-continental origin - in fact, a majority!

A Khan,Singh and Mohammed. In a 50 years time the whole Windies team could be Asians. Actually add South Africa and England to that.

True! 7 of the 13 players in the Guyana squad are of Asian origin.

Though to be fair, Guyanese Asians have always been prominent in cricket - Kallicharran, Kanhai etc were genuine greats of West Indian cricket, as is Chanderpaul today. All became West Indian captains too. The current Guyanese President is Indo-Guyanese and that is the largest ethic group in the country.

Afridi not playing hence no interest n the warm up by most here :afridi

hope Pak batting get some form going other than Hafeez

thank you for that SK...i havnt checked cric info but i assume they wont be covering it...

hope juni k gets a bowl today

Guyana v Pakistanis at Georgetown | May 8-9 |

Funny how no one on PP knows about this game :yk

Just started half an hour ago.
Pakistanis won the toss and are batting first.

Pakistanis 12 -

Hafeez
Azhar Ali
Asad Shafiq
Misbah
Umar Akmal
Hammad Azam
Mohammed Salman
Gul
Wahab Riaz
Tanveer Ahmed
Abdur Rehman
Saeed Ajmal

Pakistan have won the toss, Hafeez & Azhar Ali are openers, Pakistan 18-0 in 4 overs.

No Taufiq Umar even in the 12? No Junaid Khan either. Interesting decision to leave them out.

Hope to see Hammad cement his place in the test squad with a solid performance today.

Why not play Taufeeq?

If they wanted try other players then rest Hafeez . Pak management surely are strange

Ha! So not surprising to see the team management doing what they're best at.

So much for the supposedly most defensive guy not playing the test series.

Comeon Azhar Ali. Dig in hard & keep going steady.Get a big score here. Pakistan's version of the "wall." Solid approach. Top stuff.

#PAKvGY: PAK 81/0 Hafeez 45* Ali 35*. Fudadin bowling from Regent Street End

The real score, now aha.

Funny how no one on PP knows about this game :yk

Just started half an hour ago.
Pakistanis won the toss and are batting first.

Pakistanis 12 -

Hafeez
Azhar Ali
Asad Shafiq
Misbah
Umar Akmal
Hammad Azam
Mohammed Salman
Gul
Wahab Riaz
Tanveer Ahmed
Abdur Rehman
Saeed Ajmal
why is Hammad Azam playing and not Taufeeq? :facepalm

Nice batting from Ali and Hafeez.

Will Azhar be opening in the tests?

That's what I'm afraid of. The Hafeez/Taufeeq/Azhar combo should not have been touched.

I actually dont mind this combo. It allows them to play U Akmal who can increase the tempo and with Younis away it will allow us to play an All-Rounder in our test team in the form of Azam.

WICKET PAK 92/1 Hafeez goes caught by Barrington at gully off Beaton for 52. Ali 38*

WICKET PAK 92/1 Hafeez goes caught by Barrington at gully off Beaton for 52. Ali 38*

Lets hope our batsmen find some good form before the 1st test match.

W.I will have a pretty good attack for the Test series.

Good knock from Azhar 57 off 72. In comes Misbah...zzzz. :ibutt

Pak 136/2

ASAD Shafiq is over rated by Pakpassion...not a good player.

Am not basing my opinion on this inning but over all. He doesn't have a great technique nor can he accelerate at will.

Pak 3 down- not good!

ASAD Shafiq is over rated by Pakpassion...not a good player.

Am not basing my opinion on this inning but over all. He doesn't have a great technique nor can he accelerate at will.

Pak 3 down- not good!

Do you want Shafiq start accelerating in a longer version of the game??
He is better in longer version than in limited overs cricket.

His technique against spin is bit ( ? )

But he has good enough talent to have a long run in the team.

And the guy will improve for sure.

Last edited:
PAK 168/3 after 42 overs Ul-Haq 17* Akmal 12*

DRINKS PAK 184/3 after 45 overs, Ul-Haq 27* Akmal 18*

Misbah is outscoring umar. yes you heard it.

With Younis going back home, Umar is guaranteed a place in the test team. He may have changed his approach and mindset to suit this format. Hope he can get a big score here to give him some confidence on his return to test cricket.

I don't know why people are talking about acceleration in a First Class game. Asad is class.

In the meantime, WI is also playing a game vs a local team, WI 142/2 after 41 overs, Smith 48* Sarwan 17*

pakistan are batting faster than west indies in their practice match :afridi :razzaq

I don't know why people are talking about acceleration in a First Class game. Asad is class.

I was talking about in general.

His technique is not very good for a number 3 nor does he posses a selection of shots to excel in ODI cricket- very impt as he's a no 3.

I was talking about in general.

His technique is not very good for a number 3 nor does he posses a selection of shots to excel in ODI cricket- very impt as he's a no 3.

True,he should play at 5 or 6.

Call me an old traditionalist but your best batsman plays at No 3.Plus Shafiq needs to work on his temperament too,as symbolised by his dismissal vs India in the World Cup.

WICKET! PAK 205/4 after 48.4 overs. Akmal goes lbw to Mohammed for 26 (3x4, 53 balls)

The twitter site as unstable as our cricket board. Are the teams shifting between batting and bowling after each over? :D

The twitter site as unstable as our cricket board. Are the teams shifting between batting and bowling after each over? :D

IAJ bhai, west indies are playing their own practice match against a local team at the same time.

Pakistan batting in tests will depend alot on misbah to guide the rest off the inexperienced line up!

Good to see Azhar Ali in good touch. InshAllah he'll get that maiden century this series. Hope he gets to play the Ireland ODIs as well.

WICKET! PAK 244/8, Khan strikes again, knocking back the off stump of Rehman for 2. Ul-Haq 60*

CORRECTION: PAK 242/7 after 62 overs, Ul-Haq 60* Gul 0*. Khan 22-2-54-3

Khan and Mohammed, the well known pakistani names getting the pakistanis out. :p

Player Score
Hafeez 52
Ali 57
Shafiq 21
Akmal 26
Azam 5
Salman 12
Rehman 2
Misbah 60*
Gul 0*

Over at the other match:

#WIvINVXI: WICKET! WI 217/4 Baugh is bowled by Randy Lindore for 17, Sammy joins Smith who is on 97*

IAJ bhai, west indies are playing their own practice match against a local team at the same time.

Ok thank you, that clears the matter. I just saw Sarwans name in that scorecard, but he is alos listed in Guyana's squad so I thought they were just mixing it up unintentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back