Guyana v Pakistanis | 2 Day Match | Gerogetown | 8-9 May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its tfro Hamoo early for Test cricket for Hammad.

Umar Akmal is better suited to number 6 slot.

#WIvINVXI: WI 229/4 after 61 overs Smith 100 (171 balls, 14x4, 2x6 258 mins) Sammy 7*

Smith got a Hundred :hafeez

SHOT! PAK 290/4 after 69 over .Ul-Haq hits Mohammed for 4,6,6 to move from 68 to 84

:misbah

SHOT! PAK 290/4 after 69 over .Ul-Haq hits Mohammed for 4,6,6 to move from 68 to 84

Afridi who? :afridi

SHOT! PAK 297?7 after 70 overs Ul-Haq 90* Gul 17*. Ul-Haq pulls Khan over long on for 6. Beaton replaces Mohammed

The top wickettakers are being hammered by misbah!! legend!

now gul getting in on the act.

PAK 310/7 after 71 overs Ul-Haq 91* Gul 30*. Deonarine replaces Khan at Regent Street End

I think the team will be something like:

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Azhar
Misbah
Shafiq
U. Akmal
Salman
Rehman
Gul
Wahab
Ajmal

PAK 324/7 Ul-Haq 100* (132 balls 7x4, 4x6 :O :O; 184 mins) Gul 40*

PAK 324/7 Ul-Haq 100* (132 balls 7x4, 4x6; 184 mins) Gul 40*

legend!

misbah = youngsta beauty.

i am worried that without YK, misbah is only stabilizing figure in middle order.

i read on cricinfo that without YK, Pakistan's test squad has no players that has played a test in the West Indies before........ MOYO time.

Yes, one captain is improving with age, and the other distracting the main issue,such as his form and captaincy. Go Misbah, takeover the one day captaincy too.

why doesnt cricinfo cover this? anyway why declare..to get a few before the end of play most prob

Good stuff from Misbah, I hope he can get a Test ton this tour. That's all he's "lacking" as captain. Asad should play at 5 or 6 as someone else mentioned, they might as well keep the Test order the same and have Taufeeq open. Don't know why he was dropped.

#WIvINVXI: WI 287/5 after 74 overs Smith 118* Russell 19*

If pakistan was batting then what is this :O

well looks like misbah is still struggling to rotate strike. Seems like tons of dot balls in his innings.

PAK 330/7 decl'd off 75 overs Ul-Haq 101* Gul 40*
Gul with a 40!

His batting has become a lot more promising in recent years. Nice to see him working hard on his batting in order to benefit the team, despite being a bowler and could get in the team just for his bowling. Always felt some guys like Asif always took their batting for granted.

As far as i rember Asif was a terrible batsmen. But Gul seems to be getting better and better, probably because he has had to bat so much in recent times. Even Ajmal has improved a lot.

Gul showed in test series v England last summer he could bat!

As far as i rember Asif was a terrible batsmen. But Gul seems to be getting better and better, probably because he has had to bat so much in recent times. Even Ajmal has improved a lot.

Gul is actually a decent bat. I still remember the 65 he hit against England last summer. He was seeing it like a football.

The problem is he fancies himself a bit too much as a batsman - doesn't know his own limits.

As for Asif - a complete bunny, to rival Chris Martin!

Yes, one captain is improving with age, and the other distracting the main issue,such as his form and captaincy. Go Misbah, takeover the one day captaincy too.

Idher bhi le aao usko :facepalm:

Khuda k liye give it a rest.. Even in a thread for a warm up game! gosh!

Anyway, great going by Misbah. The guy is having a magical run and surely leading from the front. Hope he can continue the same form in the series :misbah

Idher bhi le aao usko :facepalm:

Khuda k liye give it a rest.. Even in a thread for a warm up game! gosh!

Anyway, great going by Misbah. The guy is having a magical run and surely leading from the front. Hope he can continue the same form in the series :misbah

He will:)

PAKvGY: PAK 330/7 decl'd,
GY 25/0 off 5.3 overs.
Bad light stop play
Griffith 20* (4x4)
Barrington 5*

riaz expensive..

he has performed but is extremely inconsistent..either correct the errors or bye bye

i would have like to see sadaf hussain bowling..from those videos posted on pp he brings the ball back in..would have been interesting to watch

By the way, this 2-day match, is it suppose to not have a result?

or is it 1 innings each side?

Lol i just checked :misbah's averages on cricinfo

Tests > 42.91
ODIs > 42.92

legendary man

Yes. His leg glance timing and swivelling pulls are sublime.
i am not joking, Gul has potential with the bat. i am sure he can be a decent opener for the team (although he will be tired when he comes on to bowl if they bat first), but he can be tried as a late middle order batsman.

generally times the ball well, plays in gaps, plays like he understands batting.

i am not joking, Gul has potential with the bat. i am sure he can be a decent opener for the team (although he will be tired when he comes on to bowl if they bat first), but he can be tried as a late middle order batsman.

generally times the ball well, plays in gaps, plays like he understands batting.

Yes, he is blessed with natural ability with the blade.

Match Day Report!

Misbah hits ton against Guyana

Submitted by Windies Cricket on Sun, 05/08/2011 - 23:32 Digicel Series 2011

Georgetown, Guyana, CMC – Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq made a flawless hundred on the opening day of his side’s two-day tour match against Guyana on Sunday.

The right-hander led the way with an undefeated 101 that anchored the visitors to 330-7 declared in their first innings, after choosing to bat, when play started half-hour late due to rain.

Azhar Ali supported with 57, Mohammad Hafeez scored 52, Umar Gul was not out on 40, Umar Akmal got 26, and Asad Shafiq 21 in a solid Pakistan batting effort.

Leg-spinner Amir Khan, a member of the successful West Indies Under-19 side that just returned from Dubai, was the pick of the Guyana bowlers with 3-88 off 26 overs. Off-spinner Zaheer Mohammed took 2-68 from 16 overs.

Guyana, whose batting line-up includes veteran West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul, reached 25-0 in reply when bad light stopped play on the opening day of the two-day match at Bourda.

Misbah raced from 68 to 84 with a four and two sixes off consecutives deliveries from Mohammed before slog-sweeping Khan into the Guyana Football Club ground in the next over to reach his milestone from 132 balls to prompt the declaration.

The 36-year-old Misbah struck seven fours and four sixes in just over three hours of batting, and resurrected Pakistan, after they stumbled to 136-3 in the period between lunch and tea.

He added 69 for the fourth wicket with Akmal before Pakistan ran into further trouble, slumping to 244-7. But Gul came to the crease, and made merry in an unbroken stand of 106 for the eighth wicket to send a strong message to West Indies that he could a danger late in the order.

The match is the only warm-up for the Pakistanis before the first Digicel Test against West Indies, starting on Thursday at the Guyana National Stadium. The visitors are seeking their first Test series victory in the Caribbean.

Scoreboard

Pakistan 1st innings

Mohammad Hafeez c Barrington b Beaton 52
Azhar Ali c and b Khan 57
Asad Shafiq b Joseph 21
Misbah-ul-Haq not out 101
Umar Akmal lbw b Mohammed 26
Hammad Azam c Barrington b Mohammed 5
Mohammad Salman lbw Khan 12
Abdur Rehman b Khan 3
Umar Gul not out 40
Extras (b8, lb2, w1, nb2) 13
TOTAL (7 wickets declared; 75 overs) 330

Did not bat: Wahab Riaz, Saaed Ajmal, Tanveer Ahmed

Fall of wickets: 1-92, 2-136, 3-136, 4-205, 5-215, 6-242, 7-244

Bowling:

Beaton 10-1-62-1 (w1);
Joseph 10-2-44-1 (nb1);
Mohammed 16-2-68-2;
Fudadin 10-1-42-0 (nb1);
Khan 26-2-88-3;
Deonarine 3-0-16-0

Guyana 1st innings

T. Griffith not out 20
S. Barrington not out 5
TOTAL (without loss, 5.3 overs) 25

To bat: S. Chanderpaul, A. Fudadin, N. Deonarine, L. Johnson, G. Singh, D. Christian, A. Khan, R. Beaton, K. Joseph, Z. Mohammed

Bowling:
Umar Gul 3-1-4-0;
Wahab Riaz 2.3-0-21-0

Players-a-side: 12 (11 batting, 11 fielding)

Source: http://www.windiescricket.com/content/misbah-hits-ton-against-guyana

hope to see youngsters bowl

I say Misbah should give 7-8 players equal overs and just have a good fielding work-out session, i mean, i wouldnt mind if even we don't get them all out tomorrow, if even the part timers get bowling practice.

True. He's also naturally good at timing, and has the best pull in the team MashaAllah. It's always fun when Gul comes to bat.

I normally vehemently disagree with you, but I don't actually think this would be a bad idea.

8.40 Economy for Riaz? Did he give a lot of extras again or just got smashed everywhere?

wides are counted as extras, so he got smashed everywhere.

Misbah & Gul with an entertaining partnership. Misbah is like a rock, hard to dismantle. Gul should take some early wickets on the 2nd day.

Good batting display overall: Opneres played well and Misbah continuing his good form.

Umar Gul seems to be in good bowling form, but Wahab Riaz is a big worry. He has totally lost it after that India match in WC. Hope he get's back in form when the 1st Test starts.

Guyana v Pakistanis cricinfo scorecard...
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-pakistan-2011/engine/current/match/489211.html

A good solid performance from Pakistan, interesting to see Azhar Ali doing well in the opening system which is good for the long term because if Hafeez or Taufeeq fail on a number of occasions then we can simply fit in Azhar Ali in the opening slot.

Good to see Umar Gul back, instant impact. And what can I say about Captain Misbah? He's unstoppable in the longer format of the game, :14:

Any news from day 2?

Lets hope our bowlers can find some form before thursday.

Any news from day 2?

Lets hope our bowlers can find some form before thursday.

Yes,our bowlers are very good as they have always been :waqar. But as long as our batting is concerned,bishoo will be the danger man that Pakistan will want to improve on playing. I hope Day 2 starts soon.

PAKvGY: CHANCE! PAK 330/7 decl'd GY 32/0 Griffith 25* dropped by Ahzar Ali at gully off Gul

Chalo G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back