Haider Ali hits 91* as Northern [201/4] defeat CP [200/2] by 6 wickets in Match 11 of Nat T20 Cup

Over 400 runs were scored, which clearly indicates that the pitch was super batting friendly and the ball was coming nicely onto the bat.

It's good that Heather and Nawaz played as expected. And not to take away anything from Haider, but this is the point;

Soon as the wicket becomes slightly difficult, or the bowler quality is better, OR the playing conditions are slightly changed, "WE LACK TO READ THE DIFFERENCE (in pitch and bowling quality, playing conditions) AND THEN ADJUST OUR POWER HITTING TECHNIQUE ACCORDINGLY"

We seem to have just one mode of technique with no room of quick adjustment to cope with the situation. It looks the way it works is,
If the pitch and bowling quality and/or playing conditions match up with our mode of technique, (which rarely happens), we hit the jackpot, otherwise, we fall like flies.

This is good to see Haider scoring some good runs supported by solid strokes; however, he MUST realize that he is not gonna get this sorta wicket and playing conditions everyday. And he MUST learn to quickly adjust his technique and his approach to power hitting when the playing conditions change.

All the best to him.

does anyone know what babar said to haider at 19.3 over mark... it was something along the lines of "tumhain sharam aani chahiyay 91 pe...." i couldnt catch the rest or jist of it.

Unless he goes the Umar Akmal route, I find it very hard to believe that this kid won't be a massive star for us in the future.

He's not there yet (obviously) and has alot of stuff in his game that he needs to work on. Other stuff he will learn himself from experience. But one thing he desperately needs is to be backed properly.

I feel like alot of times we are quick to blame young players when failing is something anyone is prone to. Especially someone young trying to make his way. If a young player has so obviously shown you glimpses of brilliance (even if they are few and far between) you need to do your part as selectors or coaches to believe in those guys and continually giving them chances. This ofcourse does not apply to someone like Azam Khan who has shown no such glimpses and is purely playing on nepotism. But it does apply to Haider. It does apply to Naseem. And it probably applies to alot of other young players too.

I feel like that's one of the things that sets us apart from top teams. England identified Ollie Pope at the age of 5. He went through all the age groups from England. And even now when he has what? one century and a mediocre average in the 30s, he is still backed because they believe he will be a future star for them. Kane Williamson was identified when he was 14. And let's not forget he averaged something like 30 in his first 22 test matches.

Last edited:
How?

Shaheen Was the worst bowler on display today
Im not talking about Shaheen performance today,and commenting on Wahab ecnomical figures of today. So For me he has a good ahout to be selected for world cup over Haris and Hasnain. And his batting is also better.

Unless he goes the Umar Akmal route, I find it very hard to believe that this kid won't be a massive star for us in the future.

He's not there yet (obviously) and has alot of stuff in his game that he needs to work on. Other stuff he will learn himself from experience. But one thing he desperately needs is to be backed properly.

I feel like alot of times we are quick to blame young players when failing is something anyone is prone to. Especially someone young trying to make his way. If a young player has so obviously shown you glimpses of brilliance (even if they are few and far between) you need to do your part as selectors or coaches to believe in those guys and continually giving them chances. This ofcourse does not apply to someone like Azam Khan who has shown no such glimpses and is purely playing on nepotism. But it does apply to Haider. It does apply to Naseem. And it probably applies to alot of other young players too.

I feel like that's one of the things that sets us apart from top teams. England identified Ollie Pope at the age of 5. He went through all the age groups from England. And even now when he has what? one century and a mediocre average in the 30s, he is still backed because they believe he will be a future star for them. Kane Williamson was identified when he was 14. And let's not forget he averaged something like 30 in his first 22 test matches.

@Mods Please delete. Posted in the wrong thread.

Haider Ali is really talented. I have hopes that he will become a good batsman for Pakistan National side in the future.

Question is should he be recalled for the WCT20 Squad? Or is it a little too early?

Haider has shown some positive approach and maturity in his game and appearances since he was last ousted, hopefully inshallah he will serve successfully for a long time.

when he plays proper cricket shots he looks great, but throws in too many slogs, i hope he gets a full season of first class with northern.

Hafeez looks like will miss out WC due to illness ( I wish him quick recovery but he should not be in the team anyway ) and Haider is knocking selectors door at right time to replace him.

Hafeez looks like will miss out WC due to illness ( I wish him quick recovery but he should not be in the team anyway ) and Haider is knocking selectors door at right time to replace him.

Baba will make a recovery, if he doesnt they will go for the other useless baba

Pakistan fans are clueless about batting and how to develop talented batsmen like Haider Ali

Haider Ali is really talented. I have hopes that he will become a good batsman for Pakistan National side in the future.

Question is should he be recalled for the WCT20 Squad? Or is it a little too early?

I think if hafeez is out of the wt20 then yes he can make the squad

Back