Hampshire vs Durham | 7/8/11 | Southampton | Afridi Playing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahidafridi123

ODI Debutant
Runs
Well I'm really excited about this match so I decided to make a match thread now, Its going to be a good match but I think Hampshire have a slight edge with their spin options and aggressive batting style. Well the 2 players in the Hampshire team that I really like are Afridi(of course) and Imran Tahir. Afridi is in great form in this tournament and mostly with the ball. Imran Tahir has not been at his best in this tournament but picked up a five-for in the test championship a few days ago. The main danger men in the Durham squad are probably Paul Collingwood and Graham Onions. Paul Collingwood has been in superb form in this tournament, he has not scored many with the bat, but with the ball he has been awesome. He also picked up a five-for in one match including a hat-trick. Dale Benkenstein can also be dangerous at times. I think if Hampshire win the toss then they should bowl first, remember what happened yesterday. Or if they bat then they will look to get 80+ in the first ten overs, then if they lose some wickets Afridi can come out late and have a go, they might also let Afridi open again as he has been doing in the past in this tournament. Till the match starts, on this thread mods please can you put a poll up and lets discuss about the match, your views etc. The match is scheduled to begin at 17:00 local time(16:00 GMT). Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that the rain stay's away, not like yesterday. Well Leics are in the semi's and I think it will be Leics vs Hampshire/Durham, whoever wins today. Or there is another quarter final today but we will have to see. Both these teams are going to fight really hard and I think a par score for the first innings is probably 180-200. They have to score big if they wan't to win, because I can promise you this match won't be a low scoring one!

Well these are the possible people that are playing:

Hampshire: DG Cork*, JHK Adams, AM Bates†, DR Briggs, LA Dawson, SM Ervine, BAC Howell, Imran Tahir, SP Jones, ND McKenzie, AD Mascarenhas, Shahid Afridi, JM Vince, CP Wood.

Durham: DM Benkenstein*, ID Blackwell, SG Borthwick, GR Breese, ME Claydon, PD Collingwood, DA Miller, GJ Muchall, P Mustard†, G Onions, LE Plunkett, C Rushworth, WR Smith, BA Stokes

Well I hope you guys enjoy the match and I might give some links but I don't need to since I just got Star Cricket which is amazing! Good luck Hampshire and :afridi!

:)

Possibly the most enthusiastic op about a pre county t20 match I've ever seen on pp.

True

Hope we get a solid performance(bat and ball) from lala today.yesterday was mixed from a Pakistani perspective

I hope Afridi opens again. Last time he opened the innings for Hampshire, he lasted for 12 overs.

Go Afridi go:19:!

Last edited:
I hope Afridi and Tahir both do fantastic in the match!

Less than 5 hours to go

Looking forward to this match. All the best to Hampshire.

I'm assuming Afridi will fly back to London again to take part in the remaining finals?

Saaaahid Baaaih is going to make a triple ton.

You thought the London riots yesterday were destructive? :afridi

Just saw this, :facepalm:

Both semi's AND Final on the same day?

whoever wins the second semi has to play back to back t20's

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 225
^ That's been the case for the last eight years. :facepalm:

I can't wait to see :afridi in action! But i heard that he might not play in the semis if Hampshire quaify for them, is this true? :(

hello everyone I am as excited about this games as everyone else is really looking forward to this game. I hope Shahid play an important role both with bat and bowling :)
Guys the links that you posted are not working for me, can someone please post some more thanks I would appreciate. Enjoy the game :)

cant wait and hope n wish Afridi team wins the match. sadly ill be at tarawii so ill miss the match so plz post the match highlights then. hope Lala rocks the show

i am watching the game on skysports 2. What channel is the hampshire game on?

Will Shahid aka the answer to all life's questions be opening the batting?

By opening the batting I mean will he be swinging merrily at the lacquered ball?

Hampshire won the toss and will be batting first!!

Three spinners in each side;

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 155
Collingwood with a sudden back injury as soon as Afridi returns eh? Hmm. :umarakmal

Will Lala playing like T20 World Cup or the usual brain farts?

I bet Afridi gets out top edge while trying to pull (Have seen that dismissal about 50 times)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFRIDI OUT!!!!!! I AM DEPRESSED!!!!!! I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back