Haris Sohail dropped from Test side without getting a chance?

shah_1

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Last time I saw he was in SA squad for test series , didn't get chance to play. How does he warrants a drop after not getting a chance to prove himself?

Wasn't he the best FC batsman this season, so how does Fasial Iqbal get ahead of him on MERIT?

Last edited:
really feel for him...the guy is Fawad no.2 in terms of domestic performances are concerned but he is treated like a nobody..

Lost all respect for Chief Selector , he picked Fasial Iqbal because he is from Karachi

When I saw this guy against West Indies you can tell he could easily be a great test player. He picked up length so quickly and easily and his defence was solid. And I actually mean solid. Usually when mediocre players defend they wait till the last second and quickly thrust their bat out and defend which leads to all the slip fielders saying 'ooohh' and 'ahh' because they were rushed for time. Sohail against West Indies was already in position the moment the ball hit the pitch and defended with ease. Not to mention the manner in which he put away bad balls and manipulated the field. He got out playing rash shots, one them was a screamer caught by pollard and the other was chasing a wide delivery (if he connected it would have screamed to the boundary as well). We as a nation are failure.

Yes he had to pull out of that series as he picked up an injury.

Strange decision to drop him.

Lost all respect for Chief Selector , he picked Fasial Iqbal because he is from Karachi

Who is the chief selector now? (Moin Khan was not accepted)

their was no chief selector , it was selected by members who were under iqbal qasim

Just when we think Pakistan Cricket is going through a positive change...

OK maybe I am wrong,

There is clear favoritism for Fasial Iqbal , otherwise he doesn't deserve to get selected ahead of Harris Sohail

LOL I wonder that people still wonder at these decisions.

On what basis is Farhat selected? I don't wonder anymore.
On what basis is Faisal selected? You wonder?
Why faisal selected over Umar Akmal? Even umar outperformed him in domestic? You are very Naive if you wonder.

Stop wondering and accept that we are harboring sifarshees.

Haris is best suited to test cricket amongst the three formatts from what we have seen so far in his first class career....he is technically correct..definitely more correct than imran farhat, faisal iqbal, asad shafique and khurram manzoor to name a few

The issue is not Lahore vs Rawalpindi vs Faislabad vs Karachi. It is just matter of ******.

Deserving Karachi players have been ignored (Fawad Alam now and Asim Kamal in past) as well. Similarly deserving players for test (Umar Amin, Harris Sohail, Umar Akmal) have been ignored and we have Imran Farhat types.

So it boils down to sifarish. They will put 11 Balochis even if they have more sifarish than rest.

Re: Haris Sohail dropped from test side without getting a chance

Real Injustice.. And This is his favorite format where he has piled up runs in Domestics...:(

Really sad to see him dropped.

Having said that, it's not like he would've gotten a game had he been in the squad. And it's not like Faisal will get a game, either. It's just two tests, so the middle order of Azhar Ali/Younus Khan/Misbah-ul-Haq/Asad Shafiq will remain.

Faisal will only get a chance if one of our middle-order batsmen get injured.

how can u ignore this guy when u are unable to score 200 against a worthless SL bowling attack?

Insanity of the highest level may be he is not from :misbah department :facepalm:

Guys, stop blaming Misbah, there is no talent in Pakistan Cricket, it is never Misbah's fault when the team loses, but do give him credit when the team wins.

Guys, stop blaming Misbah, there is no talent in Pakistan Cricket, it is never Misbah's fault when the team loses, but do give him credit when the team wins.

As usual pathetic argument.

As usual pathetic argument.

why pathetic why does misbah prefers all the SNGPL guys even the mediocre trundler like Asad ali n Adil have made debuts because the former is from SNGPL and the latter from FSD Wolves where as :talha is been on bench since 2011 Bangladesh tour

bump

Some people are making us believe Harris Sohail never got unfair treatment under Misbah. Well there you have it. A fit and in form Haris was dropped for Faisal Iqbal.

bump

Some people are making us believe Harris Sohail never got unfair treatment under Misbah. Well there you have it. A fit and in form Haris was dropped for Faisal Iqbal.

But but but Haris didn't do good in his first 6 innings for Pakistan, even though those 6 included him batting at #7!

But but but Haris didn't do good in his first 6 innings for Pakistan, even though those 6 included him batting at #7!

yeah some people can go to any length to defend their hero. How can you justify a genuine middle order batsman getting to play at no.7 early on his career and getting dropped because he wasn't a good slogger? Why was he judged on a role he had not done entire his domestic career.

Last edited:
bump

Wow I knew even knew Haris was in the Test squad for our SAF tour.

He was really hard done by and I hope Misbah retires asap so that he can get his chance.

His fitness and weight issues may have prompted the selectors to postpone his debut in Test cricket but you can judge a player like that without ever watching him play in the longest format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misbhah is the most luckiest player in Pakistan Cricket... If it wasn't from Salman Butt match fixing, he wouldn't have been near International Cricket, let alone captaincy.

Only thing which favored Misbhah was his MBA but he still had pendu mentality. All he wanted his friends (espically SNGPL teammates) to play international cricket, just to save Hafeez spot he made Azhar to open in tests.

We missed out on a good 4 years of Haris Sohail only because of Misbah's love for older players.

This is what happens when mediocre cricketers are put on a pedestal. We did it with Afridi and we did it with Misbah.

We missed out on a good 4 years of Haris Sohail only because of Misbah's love for older players.

This is what happens when mediocre cricketers are put on a pedestal. We did it with Afridi and we did it with Misbah.

He only did it for the betterment of the team. Don't you know discipline is more important than actual ability. Age doesn't matter, only fitness does.

He only did it for the betterment of the team. Don't you know discipline is more important than actual ability. Age doesn't matter, only fitness does.

Misbah was just a stop gap for year or two at most but he went on to be in the side for 4 more years. He has done more damage than benefit particularly in ODI Format.

Selfishness is in our cricketers blood. They can't stand on others success

Misbah was just a stop gap for year or two at most but he went on to be in the side for 4 more years. He has done more damage than benefit particularly in ODI Format.

That's why I strongly believe our cricket suffered through dark ages from 2011-2016 because of Ijaz Butt's pathetic decision to appoint someone captain who didn't even deserve his place in the side. What we are seeing with Azhar we had same problems with Misbah. At least Azhar could open Misbah was stuck at 5 and continued to play his usual tuk tuk cricket without any accountability.

If there was any merit or accountability in Pakistan cricket, Misbah and Younis Khan would never have featured in the ODI coloures after the selfish knocks they played in one of biggest and most important games in history of our cricket.

That's why I strongly believe our cricket suffered through dark ages from 2011-2016 because of Ijaz Butt's pathetic decision to appoint someone captain who didn't even deserve his place in the side. What we are seeing with Azhar we had same problems with Misbah. At least Azhar could open Misbah was stuck at 5 and continued to play his usual tuk tuk cricket without any accountability.

If there was any merit or accountability in Pakistan cricket, Misbah and Younis Khan would never have featured in the ODI coloures after the selfish knocks they played in one of biggest and most important games in history of our cricket.

Seriously. Harris should have been there and some other players showing up, We were just stuck with Misbah.

Harris was harshly treated as I have mentioned, glad that people agree with me and won't defend Misbah over it. Harris should have been a regular after the 2011 world cup.

Wow I knew even knew Haris was in the Test squad for our SAF tour.

He was really hard done by and I hope Misbah retires asap so that he can get his chance.

His fitness and weight issues may have prompted the selectors to postpone his debut in Test cricket but you can judge a player like that without ever watching him play in the longest format.

If weight was an issue why select him in the first place?

100 times a better batsmen the misbah, asad and hafeez. But unfortunately his crime was that he wasn't a close friend of misbah and he wasn't old enough to play for us.

I am not going to say he would have been a great saviour or something

But

Potential wise , the biggest batting talent loss of last 10 years for Pakistan. Forget statistically superior batsmen like fawad and all, just look at the guy's batting and you'll know how big a loss he was.

I know he will be back but the invaluable 4-5 years of his which were wasted arent coming back.

If weight was an issue why select him in the first place?

ODI's are less taxing than Tests - he was included as a backup probably whut was unlikely to play in the starting XI I guess.

Back