[VIDEOS] "Mohammad Haris has not performed well, which is why he could not be included in the Pakistan squad": Ahmed Shehzad

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Ahmed Shehzad speaking during a TV show:
“In my opinion, Mohammad Haris has not performed well, which is why he could not be included in the Pakistan squad.

On what basis was he brought into the team in the first place? He scored a 50 in the PSL, after which he was brought into the team.

Then a media campaign was run to promote him but the fact is that he just scored 23 and 25 in the World Cup.

Here, a player struggles for 10 years but does not get a chance.

Now another media campaign in favor of Haris is running again, but what about a player do who does not have money and does not have an agent to take up his case?

How is he going to run his media campaign?

I am seeing everywhere that people are saying that Mohammad Haris is not in the Pakistan squad.

On what basis will his name come into that list? What is his performance that merits that selection?

Let him play four-day cricket first, but then no department has picked him either"

So we have a media campaign running for a player who is not even getting picked by a department.

Last edited:
Ahmed Shehzad speaking during a TV show:

“In my opinion, Mohammad Haris has not performed well, which is why he could not be included in the Pakistan squad.

On what basis was he brought into the team in the first place? He scored a 50 in the PSL, after which he was brought into the team.

Then a media campaign was run to promote him but the fact is that he just scored 23 and 25 in the World Cup.

Here, a player struggles for 10 years but does not get a chance.

Now another media campaign in favor of Haris is running again, but what about a player do who does not have money and does not have an agent to take up his case?

How is he going to run his media campaign?

I am seeing everywhere that people are saying that Mohammad Haris is not in the Pakistan squad.

On what basis will his name come into that list? What is his performance that merits that selection?

Let him play four-day cricket first, but then no department has picked him either"

So we have a media campaign running for a player who is not even getting picked by a department.

Difficult to tell if this is jealousy or a genuine analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to tell if this is jealousy or a genuine analysis.
Ahmed Shehzad has a point 100% and he is right but it comes from jealously as well.

This is the same guy who complained on tv to Shahid Afridi saying that I should be selected into the team even if I can't make PSL (his exact quote was, Mein Kyan runs Banaoi, Ghar pei bheet kar?)

Yet here he's advocating a player to play 4 day test and prove himself and is stating that they should be dropped as they haven't proved themselves.

All these players will always become superstar analysts on TV as its very easy to point fingers at others but it's impossible to point fingers at a mirror.

I guess, ahmed shehzad does have a point here. IMO this is more on the jealousy side but still it makes sense.

He makes a point about who has resources to pursue their case.

I guess, ahmed shehzad does have a point here. IMO this is more on the jealousy side but still it makes sense.
What has Haris done to be jealous of him?

Shehzad is normally a tool, but he is right here as Haris has done nothing since those 20s in the World Cup.

He averages 7.5 in 6 ODI innings and 14.77 in 9 T20I innings at a SR of 127.

This is what fans are reduced to supporting?

At least there's merit to supporting the likes of Sahibzada Farhan or Mohammad Ali. This just makes people look daft.

My message for Mohammad Haris is clear. Please start performing rather than wasting your time lobbying. Your career already looks ruined because your more interested in media campaigns.

My message for Mohammad Haris is clear. Please start performing rather than wasting your time lobbying. Your career already looks ruined because your more interested in media campaigns.
Maybe your message should be geared towards being in the friends group, cause somehow the likes of hasan Ali and rauf keep finding their way back in

Haris made it difficult for himself by showing no form in PSL 9 to book his place. He played in the top-order but still he failed. He needs to score some runs if he wants to be in the team.

Maybe your message should be geared towards being in the friends group, cause somehow the likes of hasan Ali and rauf keep finding their way back in
Hassan Ali and Rauf are consistent performers at PSL level. Haris scores a 30 and thinks his on top of the world.

Haris made it difficult for himself by showing no form in PSL 9 to book his place. He played in the top-order but still he failed. He needs to score some runs if he wants to be in the team.
Bro the issue has never been form or out of form.

The issue is double standards.

Do Usman Khan, Rizwan and Azam Khan deserve to be on the squad over Haris based on PSL performance? Yes 100%.

But when azam got injured, who on earth let hasebullah of all people in? On what basis does he warrant it over haris as a keeper?

It's these double standards that are annoying. In Australia we are seeing them discard the likes of Smith despite Smith being unmatched in 2015, solely cause he sucks now.

Babar, Rizwan, Chacha, Shaheen, Naseem, Saim(I like saim but he's in the friend group), harisnrauf, Hasan ali etc etc can fail throughout the year with no problems what so ever.

They only need to perform once or 2x in a year for everyone to justify their inclusion. Infact in the case of Babar, he gets everything handed to him on a silver platter. Babar has done nothing to warrant captaincy back.

But for other players that not the case. For them one to 5 failures is enough to be discarded for good. In some cases Like tayyab, just warming the bench is enough to get discarded lol.

These double standards by PCB need to stop.

Hassan Ali and Rauf are consistent performers at PSL level. Haris scores a 30 and thinks his on top of the world.
Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy, these 2 are goners, including them will yield the same horror show of 2023.

Just like I warned what would happen with usama mir despite him being superior to abrar in psl. In international abrar was better simply because he knows how to actually do something usama cannot, And that's actually spin the ball

But when azam got injured, who on earth let hasebullah of all people in? On what basis does he warrant it over haris as a keeper?
Yes, his selection was beyond understanding. Haseeb has no place in the team and the number at which he can play, really.

Yes, his selection was beyond understanding. Haseeb has no place in the team and the number at which he can play, really.
It's why people like me and @Rana Are so mad.

I'd be completly okay with haris not being selected over rizwan, Azam and usman khan, Based of psl performances yes these 3 warrant over.

But when you start including Hasebullah or zaman khan or hasan Ali and rauf out of the blue, its clear as day friendship cliques exist and its not on merit.

It's annoying when people deny this and think everything is on merit when it's not.

Babar azam should be the living walking example of non merit when it comes to captaincy and how he operates things by shoving himself to open 24/7

I don't think we need another keeper in the team if Riz, usman and azam are there. Haris should play domestic to show some runs for the next time to get picked. Till then it is all fine.

I don't think we need another keeper in the team if Riz, usman and azam are there. Haris should play domestic to show some runs for the next time to get picked. Till then it is all fine.
You need a proper keeper batter who plays according to modern requirements

Rizwan isn’t the man

You need a proper keeper batter who plays according to modern requirements

Rizwan isn’t the man
Well, usman was thought to be the one having higher strike rate but till now he looked mediocre. He needs more chances yes and he will get it. But HAris has failed to impress with his form in PSL. He cannot carry a player who has nothing to show in term of runs scored.

Well, usman was thought to be the one having higher strike rate but till now he looked mediocre. He needs more chances yes and he will get it. But HAris has failed to impress with his form in PSL. He cannot carry a player who has nothing to show in term of runs scored.
4 internationals?

How mediocre was Babar looking? And Rizwan in the 2 games he played?

Shehzad is and always was no good, buddy, were you laying golden eggs after the 2011 World Cup? you shouldn’t have been anywhere near the team after your brainless twerking down the pitch. But the team kept giving you opportunity after opportunity which you flushed down the toilet, lets be real, you were & are a very limited Batsman and be thankful if they let you play in Bangladesh.

Boy if you even dream that your talent is even 1% off Mr. Harris, you better wake up and issue an apology.

Mr. Harris is the one Batter in Pakistan who I actually think would be in contention for England’s squad, at the very least they would not neglect his potential & he very much is suitable for England’s style of play and is in line with Mr. Key’s vision. In Pakistan, in Mr. Harris, they have their first ever, modern, 360 batter; why the heck would you not want that? why would you not want to harness & support that ?

Just based on the eye test alone he ought to be selected, such players are seldom overlooked in the world of T20 cricket now.

And you want the numbers on the paper right, I don’t need to look further then the last T20 WC to see what he is capable off.

If Pakistan feel he isn’t where he needs to be, that’s on them, but then you pick Riswan, you got Babar and Usman Khan some random jobber in your top order; I watched all three very closely, each time they attempted a lofted shot, their stamina went from 100 to 0 like in my favourite Smackdown vs Raw game, Harris on the other hand is all style, timing and finesse; he makes modern T20 Batting look so easy because that’s his innate way to play, with consistent chances and support the performances would be there to, but why should we do that for? the two bum boys in the top order want to carry on doing their thing without any other threats to their sick and twisted game

Haris has been rubbish and he has no business playing international cricket at this point in time.

He has the raw ability but he needs a lot of improvement in terms of understanding how to score runs and build his temperament.

Once he does that, he will get his chances. He needs to take a leaf out of Rizwan’s book who toiled and was on the periphery for 5-6 years before improving his game and cementing his place in the side.

Rizwan is not getting any younger and Haris will get his chance in due time. He just needs to put his head down and work on his game.

He will throw his career away if he starts playing victim and starts looking for excuses.

He needs to stop listening to the wailing of one track mind fans and SR and intent merchants.

Haris has been rubbish and he has no business playing international cricket at this point in time.

He has the raw ability but he needs a lot of improvement in terms of understanding how to score runs and build his temperament.

Once he does that, he will get his chances. He needs to take a leaf out of Rizwan’s book who toiled and was on the periphery for 5-6 years before improving his game and cementing his place in the side.

Rizwan is not getting any younger and Haris will get his chance in due time. He just needs to put his head down and work on his game.

He will throw his career away if he starts playing victim and starts looking for excuses.

He needs to stop listening to the wailing of one track mind fans and SR and intent merchants.
Nailed it 👍 potential, talent are all buzzwords. Ultimately it's the runs that count and Haris doesn't have them to show

This is coming from a guy who could not be selected for a PSL team. These ex-players do no service to the team by criticising current players. They are toxic and no nothing but hurt the confidence of young players,

TBH, I think Haris has potential. He is still young and has the talent to become a good cricketer. He Just needs to be goomed properly and spend more time on the game than theater.

Absolutely right..haris is nothing special like saim ayub ..we have too many mediocre players as it is

This is coming from a guy who could not be selected for a PSL team. These ex-players do no service to the team by criticising current players. They are toxic and no nothing but hurt the confidence of young players,

TBH, I think Haris has potential. He is still young and has the talent to become a good cricketer. He Just needs to be goomed properly and spend more time on the game than theater.
He is friends with Wahab Riaz. Of course he’s going to say things that will bring him in his good books. Watch him now being recalled for T20i or ODI after the World Cup

“Let’s not use buzzwords like strike rate and intent for T20”

Well then, what should we use? Singles and rotation of strike?

100 percent agreed he has done nothing of note to justify spot in the team need to perform first then talk playing a victim and thinking you have been hard done is a bad judgement on your part you are young and you have the talent get your head together and show some improvement by scoring some runs

“Let’s not use buzzwords like strike rate and intent for T20”

Well then, what should we use? Singles and rotation of strike?
His SR is the same as Babar and Rizwan in T20Is and he scores less runs than a tailender.

There is no justification for selecting him in the playing XI. He is not half the batsman Babar and Rizwan are at this point.

His SR is the same as Babar and Rizwan in T20Is and he scores less runs than a tailender.

There is no justification for selecting him in the playing XI. He is not half the batsman Babar and Rizwan are at this point.
No.

Even at this point, he is better than both of them put together in one. For what he is capable of. Just like Fraser McGurk is better than all of Pakistan without having played a single T20. Just like Fin Allen is better than all of Pakistan averaging half of what Rizwan averages.

I’ll decide for myself who is better than who.

It’s the player’s responsibility first and foremost to better himself, PCB cannot do that if the player himself wants to run media campaigns rather than actually score runs.

Haris is shrewd. He knows how things work in Pakistan, and he wants to create enough rona dhona for young naive fans to ask for his recall despite not doing anything whatsoever to get selected.

LOL, Ahmad Shahzad talking about “media campaign” when he had all the journalists INCLUDING the political journalists reposting videos of his net sessions and gym training BEFORE the PSL in the hope of getting picked up by a franchise. That all stopped happening of course once he was ignored.

I’m a fan of Shahzad being brought back into the test side, but his LOI career is over.

LOL, Ahmad Shahzad talking about “media campaign” when he had all the journalists INCLUDING the political journalists reposting videos of his net sessions and gym training BEFORE the PSL in the hope of getting picked up by a franchise. That all stopped happening of course once he was ignored.

I’m a fan of Shahzad being brought back into the test side, but his LOI career is over.
Well, that is some point you have made. Once he was ignored by all the PSL franchises, all of his practice videos stopped coming. Ahmed is just jealous that people are making a wave on social media for the selection of Haris ( even though he is not good enough to get selected when compared to others).

What has Haris done to be jealous of him?

Shehzad is normally a tool, but he is right here as Haris has done nothing since those 20s in the World Cup.

He averages 7.5 in 6 ODI innings and 14.77 in 9 T20I innings at a SR of 127.

This is what fans are reduced to supporting?

At least there's merit to supporting the likes of Sahibzada Farhan or Mohammad Ali. This just makes people look daft.
Haris is very courageous person to claim to be a victim when he has such numbers.

Well shahzad has a fair point.

Also him being omitted when like of imam and saim have been regular selections for national teams and consistent failures , imam ul haq can't even play pace and short pitched bowling plus has no strokeplay game he deflects and nurdles the ball around.

Shahzad has performances at intl level his quote direct 100s and also a t20 hundred.

On what basis are shan and imam any better than shahzad , shazad is a much fitter and better fielder than them as well and can sledge and rile up the opposition.

Also he has a point both haris and imam are not even playing in the local list a tournament but give it a few months will be reselected in the national team.
Pure nepotism .

Harris cannot get into with those atrocious numbers. He needs to improve his game. He would never succeed at international level by playing ramp and scoop shots only. There are some geniuses who might fall for Harris, but most fans ain’t gonna cheer for him.

Haris knows he might be finished that’s why. This is how it works in Pakistan. You had your shot, time to hype the next lot. Even if he gets a recall, people are going to look at that terrible stat record which won’t be an easy thing to turn around now.

He’s even gone along with the pattern of losing domestic form as a result. Just like Haider Ali did.

That’s why these guys are under such pressure to perform. Especially Haris who has been made to compete with Saim and with Azam. We also made it harder constantly shuffling his position around.

He debuted without his domestic form completely secure. He could lose his PSL career now too potentially. That’s why he’s desperate for internationals.

That’s why he should not debut players too early. Haris should have been in a position where he could easily just go back to domestic if internationals don’t work out and/or forge a recall. Multiple PSL seasons along with an ideally strong domestic career is preferred. The way Haris played last PSL there is a danger he might not perform next season or even be on the bench. And PSL is really all the guy has in domestic. International call up will be impossible then.

There are some geniuses who might fall for Harris, but most fans ain’t gonna cheer for him.
Well that’s a dumb comment because most fans are screaming for him to be included in the World Cup squad

Here is my prediction. He will be in the final 15

Well that’s a dumb comment because most fans are screaming for him to be included in the World Cup squad

Here is my prediction. He will be in the final 15
Most rational people will never cheer for somebody who averages 14 with a SR of 127.

Maybe dumb fans like you. You’re the one cheerleading for him. Most rational people will never cheer for somebody who averages 14 with a SR of 127.
What ‘maybe’? Look all over social media. Even Indian pundits are calling this as a nonsensical omission.

What ‘maybe’? Look all over social media. Even Indian pundits are calling this as a nonsensical omission.
Indian pundits might not have followed his overall career or maybe they are happy to shove down a mediocre player down our throat who won’t make to other teams’ E team. Go and quote those people who are rooting for Iftikhar and Irfan Niazi, not sure by are you bringing up this with me?

Haris is very courageous person to claim to be a victim when he has such numbers.
Believe it or not, we have dumb fans all over Pakistan screaming for his inclusion. There are full length Youtube videos being dedicated to this rubbish player’s exclusion.

Haris is smart, he is doing what Imad did. Create enough noise to stay relevant, otherwise with these numbers he will be forgotten. Unfortunately for Haris, Imad actually had some numbers behind him while Haris has nothing and this will backfire on him.

Just facts!

He was terrible in the PSL and showed absolutely no signs of scoring runs.

Guys like M. Ali should feel hard done by, especially considering trash like hassan ali was selected ahead of him.

The same hassan ali that dropped a crucial catch in the semi's and conceded 44 runs.

He was outscored by babar, saim, rizwan, usman while batting in top order.

Honestly this delusion that we are a better t20 team then our odi or test team needs to stop.

Ironically odi is our strongest format and we saw what happened in the world cup last year.

In odi Babar bats at his ideal position, Fakhar is solid and Abdullah will probably come through, he's barely played and has an international century + he was looking good against Australia and he solved the issue of lack of six hitting in the first 10, his sr will improve over time.

Saud is also great. Only issue in odi is the no 4 spot and the fact that chacha and shadab still make the lower order weak, Brining in imad and Haris could fix the issue.

Bowlers will come along eventually.

In terms of test we are fine besides shan masood it's just we were never going to beat Australia on their home turf lol.

However our t20 team is in shambles, we have no middle order, bowlers are run machines and the top order is terrible beyond belief. We got odi middle order players opening and no middle order lol

Ahmed Shehzad may be a bit jealous here but the thing is Saim and others have been poor too recently but still are a part of the team. Infact what Shehzad is suggesting here is that if people can lobby for haris's comeback then why not for him too.

But long story short, he hardly would get any further chance.

Honestly this delusion that we are a better t20 team then our odi or test team needs to stop.

Ironically odi is our strongest format and we saw what happened in the world cup last year.

In odi Babar bats at his ideal position, Fakhar is solid and Abdullah will probably come through, he's barely played and has an international century + he was looking good against Australia and he solved the issue of lack of six hitting in the first 10, his sr will improve over time.

Saud is also great. Only issue in odi is the no 4 spot and the fact that chacha and shadab still make the lower order weak, Brining in imad and Haris could fix the issue.

Bowlers will come along eventually.

In terms of test we are fine besides shan masood it's just we were never going to beat Australia on their home turf lol.

However our t20 team is in shambles, we have no middle order, bowlers are run machines and the top order is terrible beyond belief. We got odi middle order players opening and no middle order lol
Do you know why we got exposed in the ODI World Cup so brutally?

Do you know why we got exposed in the ODI World Cup so brutally?
Are you asking me, or is this just a sarcastic remark? Because if it's the latter then you may answer your own question.

But if its the former I'm happy to answer it

Mohammed Haris is currently the second best WK bat in Pakistan.

As a combined wicket keeper and batsman he is much better than Azam Khan.

Rizwan is coming back from injury and is prone to cramps and other injuries.

Haris should have been selected as a back up keeper and giving the confidence to find his form.

Haris should have been selected as a back up keeper and giving the confidence to find his form.
But then the Legend of Hasebullah wouldn't get a chance lol.

I think the second best WK batsman narrative flatters him a bit when there is a gulf of galaxies between him and Rizwan at this point.

Also, I don’t understand the notion that he knows he is finished and is using media as a tool.

Why does he think he is finished. He is rubbish now but that doesn’t mean he will be rubbish after a few years as well.

He is almost 10 years younger than Rizwan and he can be better than him in just a few years and get a clear shot as the first choice WK unless someone better emerges.

If he is bottling it already then that shows that he doesn’t have the resilience required to survive at this level.

Also him being omitted when like of imam and saim have been regular selections for national teams and consistent failures , imam ul haq can't even play pace and short pitched bowling plus has no strokeplay game he deflects and nurdles the ball around.

Shahzad has performances at intl level his quote direct 100s and also a t20 hundred.

On what basis are shan and imam any better than shahzad , shazad is a much fitter and better fielder than them as well and can sledge and rile up the opposition.

Also he has a point both haris and imam are not even playing in the local list a tournament but give it a few months will be reselected in the national team.
Pure nepotism .
Shehzad is garbage but better than shan

Pure nepotism .
Imam is better then shehzad lol. Although Abdullah has shut the door on Imam for a good long while.

I think the second best WK batsman narrative flatters him a bit when there is a gulf of galaxies between him and Rizwan at this point.

Also, I don’t understand the notion that he knows he is finished and is using media as a tool.

Why does he think he is finished. He is rubbish now but that doesn’t mean he will be rubbish after a few years as well.

He is almost 10 years younger than Rizwan and he can be better than him in just a few years and get a clear shot as the first choice WK unless someone better emerges.

If he is bottling it already then that shows that he doesn’t have the resilience required to survive at this level.
I'm not sure exactly what he has said to the media and whether he has bottled it. He probably said something silly, but that's par for the course for all Pakistani players, and it puts his resilience and bottle at the same level as his peers so he isn't really at a disadvantage.

Yet, it's hard not to feel for him. His fall from grace has been swift and harsh, and it's difficult to pinpoint a clear explanation for it.

June 2023 - He leads Pakistan to the emerging cup win. Now this may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it was clear from the squad selection that the PCB took it seriously. The subsequent support in the media and from fans after winning the cup also built up a lot of credit for Haris.

In List A cricket he scored a decent 46 in a low scoring final where the opposition was bowled out for 108 and the Peshawar side chased it down with the loss of 5 wickets. He was the top scorer in the final ahead of Saim, Chacha and Azam.

In T20 Cricket he scored 330 runs at an average of 27.5 and a strike rate of 146.67 in the National T20. Admittedly he had a poor PSL but he was dropped by Wahab before the PSL even took place for undisclosed reasons. They also sought to make an example of him by forcing him out of the BPL which now looks even worse after Imad and Amir were welcomed back into the side after making merry for many years.

You are entitled to believe he is rubbish. I mean he hasn't achieved anything extraordinary his career I agree. I just don't understand what has happened in the space of a year that has taken him from A team captain to below Azam in the pecking order.

I'm not sure exactly what he has said to the media and whether he has bottled it. He probably said something silly, but that's par for the course for all Pakistani players, and it puts his resilience and bottle at the same level as his peers so he isn't really at a disadvantage.

Yet, it's hard not to feel for him. His fall from grace has been swift and harsh, and it's difficult to pinpoint a clear explanation for it.

June 2023 - He leads Pakistan to the emerging cup win. Now this may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it was clear from the squad selection that the PCB took it seriously. The subsequent support in the media and from fans after winning the cup also built up a lot of credit for Haris.

In List A cricket he scored a decent 46 in a low scoring final where the opposition was bowled out for 108 and the Peshawar side chased it down with the loss of 5 wickets. He was the top scorer in the final ahead of Saim, Chacha and Azam.

In T20 Cricket he scored 330 runs at an average of 27.5 and a strike rate of 146.67 in the National T20. Admittedly he had a poor PSL but he was dropped by Wahab before the PSL even took place for undisclosed reasons. They also sought to make an example of him by forcing him out of the BPL which now looks even worse after Imad and Amir were welcomed back into the side after making merry for many years.

You are entitled to believe he is rubbish. I mean he hasn't achieved anything extraordinary his career I agree. I just don't understand what has happened in the space of a year that has taken him from A team captain to below Azam in the pecking order.
Pakistan cricket has never been about fair selections.

On hand they'll claim they dropped haris due to a poor PSL, only to bring hasebullah into the squad.

They've done this to people like tayyab tahir as well.

Ahmed Shehzad is just a jealous individual who wasted the hundred something opportunities he got trying to emulate Kohli but only in looks.

Haris, on potential and talent, is the second best young batting talent in Pakistan. He deserves to be there in place of nobodies like Azam Khan.

All these guys sitting on TV shows say something so intellectual that you gotta agree with those things but when it comes to the real show which is cricket, they are a failure. Ahmed Shehzad was doing all the antics before the PSL started like posting videos of his training, nets ETC. But as soon as he came to know that he has not been picked by any franchise, all those video stuff vanished. wasn't it a media campaign that he was running for himself.?

Ahmed Shehzad is just a jealous individual who wasted the hundred something opportunities he got trying to emulate Kohli but only in looks.

Haris, on potential and talent, is the second best young batting talent in Pakistan. He deserves to be there in place of nobodies like Azam Khan.
I don't think he's more talented then saim, Abdullah or Saud.

Abdullah and saud are actually the most talented, Abdullah especially.

I'm just afraid Abdullah is too focused on becoming a right handed imam ul haq atm.

And do you think adding non-performers to the lineup will help improve that.
He did improve your line up when Pakistan were against the ropes against South Africa in the T20 World Cup.

He did improve your line up when Pakistan were against the ropes against South Africa in the T20 World Cup.
20-30 runs in a ? Not even in the PSL. how many non-performers do you want a the top? Saim who's so hyped up is already struggling.
Remember his pathetic innings in final?

20-30 runs in a couple of games and nothing since then. Remember his pathetic innings in the Not even in the PSL. how many non-performers do you want a the top? Saim who's so hyped up is already struggling.
Who’s performing? Babar? Rizwan?

What’s performance?

I am tired of explaining that they're the best we have for now
No. You are tired of making it seem as if Pakistan cannot survive without them. people who used to say these two really are two of the best in the world in 2020-2023, trying to normalise this falsehood.

If they are the best you have, if they were better than those in Sarfaraz’s team and strategy…why have we fallen to number 7 in the ICC rankings playing mainly against B/C teams?

No. You are tired of making it seem as if Pakistan cannot survive without them. people who used to say these two really are two of the best in the world in 2020-2023, trying to normalise this falsehood.

If they are the best you have, if they were better than those in Sarfaraz’s team and strategy…why have we fallen to number 7 in the ICC rankings playing mainly against B/C teams?
Sarfraz was clearly a better captain who managed his resources pretty well. And Babar also played a huge role in the the good run he had as a captain.
Babar and Rizwan are the best because the alternatives you name are all duds.
When I ask you to name better openers than babar and Rizwan in Pakistan's history u can't.

I am tired of explaining that they're the best we have for now

I don’t think they’re the best we’ve got, being a consistent run scorer doesn’t mean much if you’re scoring at a strike rate between 120 to 130.

Ask them to play at a higher strike rate and you’ll see their consistency starting to fade away, their averages will drop, their 50’s will be a rare sight and those ‘fastest to x amount of runs in T20’s’ will soon be over.

I don’t think they’re the best we’ve got, being a consistent run scorer doesn’t mean much if you’re scoring at a strike rate between 120 to 130.

Ask them to play at a higher strike rate and you’ll see their consistency starting to fade away, their averages will drop, their 50’s will be a rare sight and those ‘fastest to x amount of runs in T20’s’ will soon be over.
Name the players who can consistently give good starts batting at 140 SR. Give me names from Pakistan not from other countries like QDK and all
There's saim ayub who is hyped to the moon. Now people want newbies as the both ends.
Find one better opener first then think about replacing the run getters

Name the players who can consistently give good starts batting at 140 SR. Give me names from Pakistan not from other countries like QDK and all
There's saim ayub who is hyped to the moon. Now people want newbies as the both ends.
Find one better opener first then think about replacing the run getters

Sahibzada Farhan averaged 44 at a strike rate of 178 in the 23/24 T20 domestic cup.

I can give you a list of names but it won’t matter because even if they do meet the criteria, they still won’t be given a fair shot.

I’m actually sick of this “best we’ve got” argument that’s being used for Babar and Rizwan, like yeah bro they’re playing every freakin’ game and the only time they get rotated is when they’re inured.
Give the alternatives a long rope, not a one off series vs Afghanistan in the UAE where they’re playing against the best spin attack in the world lol.

Here’s a list where you’ll find many consistent scorers striking 140+.

We have to agree with Ahmed Shehzad here because in PSL 9 Mohammad Haris only scored 142 runs at an average of 15.77 in 10 innings.

Sahibzada Farhan averaged 44 at a strike rate of 178 in the 23/24 T20 domestic cup.

I can give you a list of names but it won’t matter because even if they do meet the criteria, they still won’t be given a fair shot.

I’m actually sick of this “best we’ve got” argument that’s being used for Babar and Rizwan, like yeah bro they’re playing every freakin’ game and the only time they get rotated is when they’re inured.
Give the alternatives a long rope, not a one off series vs Afghanistan in the UAE where they’re playing against the best spin attack in the world lol.

Here’s a list where you’ll find many consistent scorers striking 140+.

Based on just 1 domestic tournament which was played by 20 teams? The standard of bowling was atrocious to say the least.
Check his overall domestic record
He's played 5 international games nd never looked the part. Dude is poor against short pitched stuff
And other names in the list are not even fit to be mentioned alongside Rizbab at the moment. Let them perform over a period of time before thinking about replacing your ICC cricketers of the year by them.
We've already seen how undercooked saim is performing

Based on just 1 domestic tournament which was played by 20 teams? The standard of bowling was atrocious to say the least.
He's played 5 international games nd never looked the part. Dude is poor against short pitched stuff
And other names in the list are not even fit to be mentioned alongside Rizbab at the moment. Let them perform over a period of time before thinking about replacing your ICC cricketers of the year by them.
Excuses for everyone but Babar and Rizwan

You asked for a consistent player with a strike rate of 140+ and I gave you that.

Those 5 international games consist of 3 back in 2018 where he should’ve been given a longer rope and 2 this year where he came in at number 5 and 7, an opener coming in at number 5 and 7. And, you’re judging him based on that?

Now, I want you to ignore the above and address what’s written below.

Mohammad Rizwan played 25 games before T20i debut, here’s what he did in the 3 T20 domestic cups leading up to his selection.

2012/13 Cup - 4 innings, 23 average with a strike rate of 87.

2013/14 Cup - 6 innings 35 average, with a strike rate of 112.

2014/15 Cup - 3 innings, 24 average with a strike rate of 104.

Looking at those stats, did that warrant his selection into the T20 team?

Why does everyone else have to grind it out in domestic and be consistent when Rizwan himself wasn’t?

Sarfraz was clearly a better captain who managed his resources pretty well. And Babar also played a huge role in the the good run he had as a captain.
Babar and Rizwan are the best because the alternatives you name are all duds.
When I ask you to name better openers than babar and Rizwan in Pakistan's history u can't.
Bro the thing that people don't understand and what @Rana Is trying to explain is that

1) Most of the stable structure we have today is mostly in place from the sarfraz era.

Fakhar opening, Babar batting at no 3 with mickey outright stating that babar should only be No 3 in all formats, In fact Babar at no 3 in t20 did 100x better against all star NZ then Babar did at opening against C string NZ.

Imad batting at no 7 and bowling at opening in t20 which was succesful during his stint.

As well as the fact that during sarfi's time their wasn't even any cake drama bazi infact he would scold his team for useless celebrations like he would do for Hasan ali.

Lastly, Rizwan may be a better bat then sarfraz but sarfraz making himself Makeshift from non1 to no 7 allowed for alot of flexibility for players like haris sohail to develop and bat at no 4 or no 5.

He also shifted and shuffled orders with hafeez and malik etc etc.

It wasn't a formula that always won cups but it made us very competitive.

In fact Fakhar, Babar at no 3, imad and Amir and various other factors are atill the most succesful outings for us today.

2) However in the Babar era, Babar at opening had caused problems, and lastly dueing this era, We've hardly developed any actual players?

Who have we developed? Abdullah isn't mainstay in t20, Saud is unable to develop due to rizwan, Saud isn't a no 5 type player who cones in when their 15 overs left while rizwan makes a snail pace 70 of 100. Irfan niazi, Chacha and the whole middle order in general is in shambles because of these 2.

Imad and Amir drama bazi happened because Babar is at the helm, These hasan ali's and hasebullah and these frequent injuries are solely due to babar being at the helm and not setting a good standard for pur player.

We've had a miserable odi outing in tournaments due to babar. In t20 while the semi final and final looks attractive, it ignores the fact that 2022 wc was pretty embrassing in the long run with losses to Zimbabwe and dropping 6 ranks till then.

Rana and I Try to convince you guys 24/7. Infact I even gave you some names for our squad when you asked me and I recommended 4 names that should be given a shot.

And you even agreed with me saying that it's worth to try them and let's see if they can make use of opportunities given.

Yet now you're reverting back to Babar and Rizwan are all we got?

Why wasn't this a problem during the sarfraz era? Infact during sarfi's era, the biggest issue was not the opening, or the middle order, or the bowling. The issue was fielding and the captains decling form, something that could have been worked on.

Now the issue is openers who can't utilise the PP, Non existent Middle order, Bowlers who are injury prone or Run machines, a captain who can't captain, Fielding and alot of stuff. In fact the only problem that's been fixed is now we atleast have a decent batting allrounder at no 7 who can strike at 200 sr and a specialist spinner who still got discarded for a few games because the captain desperately wants usama instead or nawaz due to friendship clique.

You asked for a consistent player with a strike rate of 140+ and I gave you that.

Those 5 international games consist of 3 back in 2018 where he should’ve been given a longer rope and 2 this year where he came in at number 5 and 7, an opener coming in at number 5 and 7. And, you’re judging him based on that?

Now, I want you to ignore the above and address what’s written below.

Mohammad Rizwan played 25 games before T20i debut, here’s what he did in the 3 T20 domestic cups leading up to his selection.

2012/13 Cup - 4 innings, 23 average with a strike rate of 87.

2013/14 Cup - 6 innings 35 average, with a strike rate of 112.

2014/15 Cup - 3 innings, 24 average with a strike rate of 104.

Looking at those stats, did that warrant his selection into the T20 team?

Why does everyone else have to grind it out in domestic and be consistent when Rizwan himself wasn’t?
Top post

Expose these hypocrites

Bro the thing that people don't understand and what @Rana Is trying to explain is that

1) Most of the stable structure we have today is mostly in place from the sarfraz era.

Fakhar opening, Babar batting at no 3 with mickey outright stating that babar should only be No 3 in all formats, In fact Babar at no 3 in t20 did 100x better against all star NZ then Babar did at opening against C string NZ.

Imad batting at no 7 and bowling at opening in t20 which was succesful during his stint.

As well as the fact that during sarfi's time their wasn't even any cake drama bazi infact he would scold his team for useless celebrations like he would do for Hasan ali.

Lastly, Rizwan may be a better bat then sarfraz but sarfraz making himself Makeshift from non1 to no 7 allowed for alot of flexibility for players like haris sohail to develop and bat at no 4 or no 5.

He also shifted and shuffled orders with hafeez and malik etc etc.

It wasn't a formula that always won cups but it made us very competitive.

In fact Fakhar, Babar at no 3, imad and Amir and various other factors are atill the most succesful outings for us today.

2) However in the Babar era, Babar at opening had caused problems, and lastly dueing this era, We've hardly developed any actual players?

Who have we developed? Abdullah isn't mainstay in t20, Saud is unable to develop due to rizwan, Saud isn't a no 5 type player who cones in when their 15 overs left while rizwan makes a snail pace 70 of 100. Irfan niazi, Chacha and the whole middle order in general is in shambles because of these 2.

Imad and Amir drama bazi happened because Babar is at the helm, These hasan ali's and hasebullah and these frequent injuries are solely due to babar being at the helm and not setting a good standard for pur player.

We've had a miserable odi outing in tournaments due to babar. In t20 while the semi final and final looks attractive, it ignores the fact that 2022 wc was pretty embrassing in the long run with losses to Zimbabwe and dropping 6 ranks till then.

Rana and I Try to convince you guys 24/7. Infact I even gave you some names for our squad when you asked me and I recommended 4 names that should be given a shot.

And you even agreed with me saying that it's worth to try them and let's see if they can make use of opportunities given.

Yet now you're reverting back to Babar and Rizwan are all we got?

Why wasn't this a problem during the sarfraz era? Infact during sarfi's era, the biggest issue was not the opening, or the middle order, or the bowling. The issue was fielding and the captains decling form, something that could have been worked on.

Now the issue is openers who can't utilise the PP, Non existent Middle order, Bowlers who are injury prone or Run machines, a captain who can't captain, Fielding and alot of stuff. In fact the only problem that's been fixed is now we atleast have a decent batting allrounder at no 7 who can strike at 200 sr and a specialist spinner who still got discarded for a few games because the captain desperately wants usama instead or nawaz due to friendship clique.
Zindabad post

Should be POTW

Zindabad post

Should be POTW
People who did bhangra over haris sohail in 2018-2019 calling him our most free flowing batsmen forget how poor he was during the misbah era, especially from 2013 and him having a miserable 2015 wc.

However because of his attitude and willingness to improve( knee injury Rip) he basically became our best middle order bat during that era.

Infact had the knee injury not happened, A middle order of Haris sohail and saud shakeel would be gun, Since Saud can be free flow while haris could be the aggressor which he was comfortable at.

Infact haris sohail is the one who won us the nZ 2019 game, not Babar. That's like saying, Labu won you the 2023 final and not Travis head lol.

Time, aka something Sarfraz and mickey understood, and something babar does not .

Although granted, Sarfi did have a habit of choosing wrong players as well such as giving Anwar Ali, Shehzad, Faheem, asif an extended stint but he did drop them eventually. But as I said, I'm fine with extended stints, these players got extended stints and once failed were discarded for good.

Not like Misbah, Babar where hasan Ali, Nawaz, Shehzad, Umar Akmal keep finding their way back in put of the blue.

Back