Haris Sohail - Performance watch thread

MRSN

T20I Star
Runs
Another Batting Talent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He has a good technique.Likes to bat in the middle order.Hates slogging.....Times the ball very well .scored a double century ,has a good average of 48.51 and a strike rate of 55 in the first class cricket.
29befzl.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/qea1-10/content/player/318788.html

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxL8KuOlX8w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxL8KuOlX8w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sorry for low quality

He looked miles ahead of his fellow players in sialkot team.
I wonder why he didnt play in last years RBS tournament.

Have been picking him for the past few years in my International Cricket Captain game, he's a decent player. I play him at number 3, he's saved quite a few Test matches for me :D don't know how good he is in real life though..

PP-hype zindabad!

His next step should be the A team now. We need more batting talent.

Haris Sohail he was my main performer in ICC cricket captain...and boy did he always perform :moyo

Get him in to the team immediately!

do the dometic test matches get televised?!

they should! atleast highlights

smart player with a solid technique. He has been performing well for the past couple of years now. He needs a good season or two to get a reckoning in the A-team.

surely not test class , the technique looks very avg tbh

Last edited:
don't judge his technique based on this video and his batting in a T20 game.Where his team needed to score 10 runs per over to win.

And if fawad with having the worst technique in the history of cricket can play more than 50 matches,just because he averages 50+ in domestic cricket then this lad too deserve at least 10 games.

^ is he strong on the onside ? looks more comfortable playing the on drive

agreed , its difficult to judge based on that video

brother I am talking about 2008,2009 T20 tournaments.

Have you seen Sialkot's middle orders in those years :yk

even the current pakistani t20 players don't get in that team thats how strong it was... and they were the tea that won every t20 in 2 of 3 years if i am right

Have you seen Sialkot's middle orders in those years :yk

even the current pakistani t20 players don't get in that team thats how strong it was... and they were the tea that won every t20 in 2 of 3 years if i am right

its funny How malik is always playing his younger brother in t-20 tournament (adeel malik).
I think he just plays club cricket from some UK club and heads back to Pakistan for this T-20 tournament.
most of the deserving players are ahead of adeel malik interms of bowling and batting.

its funny How malik is always playing his younger brother in t-20 tournament (adeel malik).
I think he just plays club cricket from some UK club and heads back to Pakistan for this T-20 tournament.
most of the deserving players are ahead of adeel malik interms of bowling and batting.

our country is run on sifarish.... from the top to the bottom sifarish is in our veins

I have been following him lately and he has done brilliant, if he continues his form he may get a call up

Domestic bully. I brought him into my team in International Cricket Captain 2009, really struggled. Only averaged 30 odd while the rest of my middle order was at 50.

:yk

He has a good technique.Likes to bat in the middle order.Hates slogging.....Times the ball very well .scored a double century ,has a good average of 48.51 and a strike rate of 55 in the first class cricket.

Why so much emphasis on this guys average but not on Fawad's FC average?

Domestic bully. I brought him into my team in International Cricket Captain 2009, really struggled. Only averaged 30 odd while the rest of my middle order was at 50.

You call a player domestic bully if he fails to perform consistently in International matches.......it is more suited to Fawad alam :moyo

Why so much emphasis on this guys average but not on Fawad's FC average?

I supported him when he was first selected for the team.but he turned out to be worst batsman Pakistan have ever produced and I made that opinion about him after his 30 games.Now Masha allah he has played 50+ games.He has become even more crap.Same weakness ,any incoming ball can go through all his defence and any good spinner(all top teams have two of them)will make him dance on the pitch

As you mentioned before that we call player such as him a domestic bully.:rao

Last edited:
One or two good seasons here and there, and the hype begins! :))
Domestic stats/performances are enough to judge one player while they are totally useless when it comes to another player. Brilliant!

Haris Sohail is playing well at the moment. If he continues to score consistently, he might get a call-up to the A team.

btw, what does this thread have to do with Fawad Alam? :13:
M Nadeem, why do you have to bring Fawad Alam in every thread you post in?
Is your knowledge and apprehension about cricket limited to Fawad only?

One or two good seasons here and there, and the hype begins! :))
Domestic stats/performances are enough to judge one player while they are totally useless when it comes to another player. Brilliant!

Haris Sohail is playing well at the moment. If he continues to score consistently, he might get a call-up to the A team.

btw, what does this thread have to do with Fawad Alam? :13:
M Nadeem, why do you have to bring Fawad Alam in every thread you post in?
Is your knowledge and apprehension about cricket limited to Fawad only?

don't I have a right to express my opinion? :13:

don't I have a right to express my opinion? :13:

Of course, you do have the right to express your opinion and nobody is stopping you from doing that.
But wouldn't it be better if you express your opinion on the topic the thread is about?

The stats look impressive - let's hope the young batsman can keep this up consistently and hopefully earn a international call-up.

Of course, you do have the right to express your opinion and nobody is stopping you from doing that.
But wouldn't it be better if you express your opinion on the topic the thread is about?

I try my best but I only mentioned his name coz everyone says if you have an average around 50,then you deserve to be selected , otherwise there is no use of your domestic cricket,that is why I mentioned his name,and the same applies to remarks on his technique.

I try my best but I only mentioned his name coz everyone says if you have an average around 50,then you deserve to be selected , otherwise there is no use of your domestic cricket,that is why I mentioned his name,and the same applies to remarks on his technique.

What you continually ignore is that Fawad excelled in FC cricket consistently, then excelled on Pakistan A tours and then earned his international call-up.

Anyways, coming back to the topic, if Haris Sohail can do the same i.e. performing well consistently in domestic cricket, he should get a call-up to the A team. If he continues to do well for the A team, only then he should be considered for the senior team.

What you continually ignore is that Fawad excelled in FC cricket consistently, then excelled on Pakistan A tours and then earned his international call-up.

but he didn't in international cricket and that is my point.

fawad has done well in onedays and test , he plays with responsibility unlike our many youngster beauties :vicky

but he didn't in international cricket and that is my point.

I don't know what standards you have set.

Even after all the criticism that he's had over the years, he was still one of our best batsmen in ODI cricket in 2010. Dig out the thread by chui_kadoo where he posted the stats of all our batsmen this year.

As for test cricket, he never got proper opportunity. No matter what you say.. getting only two games after scoring 160+ on debut is not fair and not justified whatsoever.

I don't know what standards you have set.

Even after all the criticism that he's had over the years, he was still one of our best batsmen in ODI cricket in 2010. Dig out the thread by chui_kadoo where he posted the stats of all our batsmen this year.

As for test cricket, he never got proper opportunity. No matter what you say.. getting only two games after scoring 160+ on debut is not fair and not justified whatsoever.

same standards as other great posters like AZ,ZAK,ACHER,Lendos etc have set.

was playing well here dont know what happened to fawad alam in a one day game

Attachments

• u1.JPG
    u1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,138

Really :O

This guy actually is doing really well for me so far:

Attachments

• Harris Sohail mid.JPG
    Harris Sohail mid.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,098
^for the last couple of years or so i have made him play as a Hitter... Does pretty well there as well, quite a few times raising my score from a 4 rpo to around 6 within 10-13 overs :)

has always been one to watch for, IMO he has got exactly what it takes to be a Test bat for the future.

very easy on the eyes, excellent technique and solid temperament.

He looks like international class with copybook defense and lovely on and cover drives. One to watch out for sure.

Not Test class, if picked he would fail against international bowlers.

you have not mentioned why.

Currently Fourth Highest run getter this time I guess and He Might will go up even Further since he still is Not Out, i liked the shots he played, Pleasing to the Eye, descent technique and very nice looking classy Lefty.

Naved Yasin is rubbish, left-handed Misbah with even poorer fitness.

Haris just plays the deliveries which are pitched. Should add more shots in his batting.

Usman salahuddin is on top of the list in terms of batting. followed by afaq raheem and fawad alam.

also sarfraz must be automatic selection in tests. he is infact one the top batsmen in division, his batting alone should get him selected.

Usman salahuddin is on top of the list in terms of batting. followed by afaq raheem and fawad alam.

also sarfraz must be automatic selection in tests. he is infact one the top batsmen in division, his batting alone should get him selected.

Yes, but the only minus for Usman Salahuddin is that he faced weaker bowlers in division two. He should play in the better division.

Haris just plays the deliveries which are pitched. Should add more shots in his batting.

Clearly you didn't see some of his shots off the backfoot.

You don't need so many shots, just need to know when to play them. :misbah

just watched the highlights of the ongoing QEA Final and have to say that the four batsman who impressed with their techniques are Haris Sohail, Yasir Hameed, Fahad Iqbal and Sarfaraz Ahmed. They were all delight to watch, hopefully they can make their way into Pakistan team in the future (in case of Yasir and Sarfaraz making a comeback into the team).

just watched the highlights of the ongoing QEA Final and have to say that the four batsman who impressed with their techniques are Haris Sohail, Yasir Hameed, Fahad Iqbal and Sarfaraz Ahmed. They were all delight to watch, hopefully they can make their way into Pakistan team in the future (in case of Yasir and Sarfaraz making a comeback into the team).

The fishermen hameed impressed you with his technic :)))

The fishermen hameed impressed you with his technic :)))

You had to watch his batting to make thi comment. He, above all, looked the part of a real batsmen. I know that he has had chances but just looking at his balance on the crease one wonders where did he go wrong.

You had to watch his batting to make thi comment. He, above all, looked the part of a real batsmen. I know that he has had chances but just looking at his balance on the crease one wonders where did he go wrong.

He didn't stop fishing outside the off stump. Also used to forget that he had a BAT to play with when facing spinners. :kumble

That's where he went wrong.

Fawad alam averages 55+ in domestic he has awful technique but it works for him...anyhow he is better than asad shafiq good for just blocking...if u talk about technique than sehwag doesnt have great technique

why was he dropped from T20 squad and team management didn't even give him a chance to prove himself.....these selectors are simply pathetic and go on pick rubbish player like imran nazir

Last edited:
Really happy to see him back in full action. Made 99 from 89 balls today against SUI. Hopefully he keeps piling on the runs so he can be selected for the final CT squad.

^^He will be selected for Umar Akmal

Who is not preforming at all

If he is handled well, he will become the best Pakistani batsman mostly because of his temprament..

Sorry but his limitd overs stats are poor. Can't select a batsman in odis for their performance in first class cricket. No more Younus types in odis please.

Great to see him back in action.. and performing straight away hope he is selected or CT

Sorry but his limitd overs stats are poor. Can't select a batsman in odis for their performance in first class cricket. No more Younus types in odis please.
Averages 72.83 in t20s. How about that? And I think he Averages around 45 in his last 6 list A games.. Not to talk about his FC form..

Hopefully he will be in the final 15, looks like a good all round player who has multiple gears

His stats in limited overs cricket keeps improving. He does rotate the strike and can hit them big when required. He is probably the best batsman alongside Sohaib Maqsood who still has not played for Pakistan yet. If you talk about stats check out his stats in T20 cricket, the fastest format.

Last edited:
Haris Sohail is a complete batsman, stylish, mature, possess temperament, does rotate strike, can hit sixes and a very nice timer of the ball.! Definately worths a Go.

Hope gets chances soon and doesnt get hard luck as he has all the talent in the world...

Back