Help For new bat!!!

beema96

Debutant
Runs
hello!!! this is my first post, so plz help me well...

I hav seen 3bats:
Mb malik sher amin
Ca 8000
Am 2good.

Plz tell me which one shall i go for and also tell the reason y should i
choose it.
i really like The sher amin, but hav not got the privilege to use it.
Also post sum pics of all if u can.

First of all, welcome to forum, I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Actually have you held any of those bats in your hand or you will be ordering online?

The rule is to go after the one that feels the best in your hands.

If you can't get a feel then I would say go for CA 8000 but if you like Sher Amin go for that, it will serve you well.

Also, could you tell us more about your game? On what surface do you play? What are your strengths? What are the shots you avoid? Budget? :)

Thnxs CD Bhai for a warm wlcum...... Well I'm an allrounder, right hand bat and offspinner, and usually play on hard surfaces wit great spin on them, I love to play leg side but play those cut shots and cover drives very well and try to avoid the hook and pull. My budget is no more than 120£ and I'm ready to get bat frm anywer via any method but it shud be good stick..

Thnxs CD Bhai for a warm wlcum...... Well I'm an allrounder, right hand bat and offspinner, and usually play on hard surfaces wit great spin on them, I love to play leg side but play those cut shots and cover drives very well and try to avoid the hook and pull. My budget is no more than 120£ and I'm ready to get bat frm anywer via any method but it shud be good stick..

No worries :)

Thanks for the detail information :)

I'd suggest CA 8000 Plus as it has a long sweetspot and offer both range of shots back and front foot.

Having said that I'd say go after one that feels the best for you.

Are you going to get bat shipped from Pakistan or you will buy yourself?

Have you looked at some brands/companies in UK within your brand?

i think he means have you looked at bats in the uk within your price range (english brands)

I personally think that no one can recommend a bat to another person as it is all about the feel...which ever feels right when u pick it up and play a few mock drives....thats the right bat for u. Once u know which bat feels right, pick up a mallet and check the ping and select a piece....

Bad idea...would strongly advise against it...unless you have used any of the bats before and know how they feel...if that is not an option then I would advise not to spend too much and get a Grade 1 willow..and maybe answer these questions to better decide,
Wot kind of a batsman are you? An top order batsman or a middle order smasher? :)
How do u like ur bat? Light or Heavy?
What kind of handle do u prefer?
Do you prefer a bottom heavy or top heavy bat?
How much are you willing to shell out?

Maybe other could add to the list of questions...

ok here r the answers.
Middle order smasher,
Medium bat weight
Round and thin handle
Bottom heavy bat and i cant spent more than 120pounds.

Well I've got a bad news..... As my dad would be paying, he said I can't buy online. :(

Ha ha!!!! Dude you should have mentioned that at the beginning!!! That changes everything...try and locate the nearest cricket store...

Well I have seen and onlycricket, jib sports, sportsdirect , Lukey sports and total cricket are near.

^^ hey mate :) i'm a new commer here.. anyway i would like to share my experience. i went to the shop today saw Ca 5000, Ca 8000, Sher Amin too. I was interested in Am 2good but it was expnensive and some of the guys told me here to buy a local made bat because this was my first bat.

so i ended up buying a local made English Willow bat and i'm happy with my purchase! first of all it was all set! and was according to me!

in terms of my choice for me Sher Amin was bit heavy as compared to Ca 8000. and the handle was different too. Am 2good is available online from a website but the rate was high. I have seen Am 2good bat i personally like that bat very much!

Last edited:
Where did u go and where do u live???

Hope u knock it well and what's the price, weight and sweep spot???
Plz post pics!!

Back