Help: Is my CA PLUS 15000 LE Genuine or fake?

KalAhmed

Debutant
Runs
Hi there. Received my CA PLUS 15000 Limited Edition cricket bat today.

Bought directly from CA Factory, for peace of mind about authenticity. It looks and feels like a good piece of willow...

However, upon inspecting it, I have noticed a few worrying signs perhaps?

1. There is no barcode on the bat, to check for authenticity

2. The stickers are silver and flat. Not gold and embossed

3. There is no holographic round circular sticker on the front of the bat

4. Different font for the 'Limited Edition' writing

Here's a link to pictures http://imgur.com/a/p4FBV

I bought from CA factory to avoid these issues, because I thought I would get an authentic bat. Please help me out!

Last edited:
If what you say is true,the bat is fake.
CA have themselves tried to make genuine bats and that is why they started providing codes.

Ok. I own one if these and if you look back you will see my thread I created. Personally I believe it is authentic however I did notice the few minor differences in stickers as you noted. The holographic round sticker is not on my bat either. I cannot understand why there is no barcode on your bat. I would certainly be asking Hamza why that is so.

As for the profile, grip, toe guard and ca branding all authentic 100%

What I do know is that CA have stopped making these bats and are just selling remaining stock. As far as I am aware they have stopped manufacturing these and are now promoting the 2 new big bangs which will replace the limited edition.

Thanks guys. Well it was bought direct from CA factory, and they have followed all of my specifications in weight, grains and anti scuff. So I don't know why they would send anything else. It does ping brilliantly and feel mint! Yes CA have discontinued this Limited Edition model now. Its not on their website anymore. I might auction on Ebay and just get a Plus 15000 instead - They are still making them. Thank you

Thanks guys. Well it was bought direct from CA factory, and they have followed all of my specifications in weight, grains and anti scuff. So I don't know why they would send anything else. It does ping brilliantly and feel mint! Yes CA have discontinued this Limited Edition model now. Its not on their website anymore. I might auction on Ebay and just get a Plus 15000 instead - They are still making them. Thank you

I looks genuine to me.

If the performance is good then why waste time selling this and buying a new bat?

I looks genuine to me.

If the performance is good then why waste time selling this and buying a new bat?

True! anyone else got any thoughts? I'm gonna order a CA PLUS 15000 for a friend tomorrow. Hope this one has all signs of authenticity.

Do u now get some experience to demand to see the bat before opening your wallet? You should get EXACTLY what you pay for. You are not getting it in charity or kheyraat. Or else ask this Hamza guy that you will send him the money in an envelope but you don't know whether its all or less than the bat price. Ask him to be ready for surprise (an unpleasant one probably) upon opening the envelope.

BTW, I am just curious, what's the meaning of your name "Kallum"? Is it a "Pen", like in Qalam or something else? What's the origin of this name? Sounds quite unique.

BTW, I am just curious, what's the meaning of your name "Kallum"? Is it a "Pen", like in Qalam or something else? What's the origin of this name? Sounds quite unique.

Erm, I know 'Callum' is a scottish name. 'Kallum', is just a variation of that I guess.

Urban dictionary has an interesting definition ---- 'god of the world. it has a huge penis and causes pain missery where ever it goes'...................

My one is an older edition, so your stickers are slightly different to mine. Bhai roll down your grip check if there is a mark/ pen writing saying CA PLUS 15000. on the Handle of your bat

My one is an older edition, so your stickers are slightly different to mine. Bhai roll down your grip check if there is a mark/ pen writing saying CA PLUS 15000. on the Handle of your bat

thanks that's helpful. will do tomorrow, not at home right now

Erm, I know 'Callum' is a scottish name. 'Kallum', is just a variation of that I guess.

Urban dictionary has an interesting definition ---- 'god of the world. it has a huge penis and causes pain missery where ever it goes'...................

Hmm... doesn't suit very well with the last name 'Ahmed'.

I thought it may have something to do with black color if not the pen. Like African Americans are called by some desis as "Kallu".

It looks genuine to me.

I brought mine a few months ago direct from CA as well. The difference with my one compared to yours is the concaving, mine has very little.

I will post some pics later.

It looks genuine to me.

I brought mine a few months ago direct from CA as well. The difference with my one compared to yours is the concaving, mine has very little.

I will post some pics later.

That'd be great man. This has some concaving yeah. but the sweetspot is still massive!

Qasim Ali: Just white string on the handle, no pen markings anywhere.

appreciate the help guys

It looks CA didnt pay much attention to details in this particular piece. No authentication seal, no handwritten marks on the string handle, and no hidden verification code, stickers are also OKish.
I guess this may have been due to item being discontinued so they didnt care much.

Also, by over-drying the willow and no proper pressing they achieve upto 40 mm edges in a 2.8 bat. I would expect them to achieve at least 45 mm edge size in a 2.11

Ahaaa !! I see that you have now tossed it up on Ebay. Looks like you are not very happy with your purchase which is quite obvious for an inexperienced buyer.
Well, what can I say? All the best fetching 245 quids for such a presentation where you are saying that this product is discontinued instead of saying somthing like, it was A VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION and not available anymore so grab yourself with an opportunity to own a piece of history. I mean come on, who wants to pay 250 pounds for a discontinued bat unless its a rare antique personally autographed by Don Bradman?

And those pictures will definitely not allure a buyer to shed off 245 quids. I am afraid you are pretty badly stuck with it. Better return it to CA for bearing the return shipping or break the handle and claim a shipping damage and return it to get refund from PayPal.

Learn from this experience and NEVER blindly buy a bat again. Matter of fact with your level of cricket play, you should not spend more than 50 pounds on a bat.

Ahaaa !! I see that you have now tossed it up on Ebay. Looks like you are not very happy with your purchase which is quite obvious for an inexperienced buyer.
Well, what can I say? All the best fetching 245 quids for such a presentation where you are saying that this product is discontinued instead of saying somthing like, it was A VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION and not available anymore so grab yourself with an opportunity to own a piece of history. I mean come on, who wants to pay 250 pounds for a discontinued bat unless its a rare antique personally autographed by Don Bradman?

And those pictures will definitely not allure a buyer to shed off 245 quids. I am afraid you are pretty badly stuck with it. Better return it to CA for bearing the return shipping or break the handle and claim a shipping damage and return it to get refund from PayPal.

Learn from this experience and NEVER blindly buy a bat again. Matter of fact with your level of cricket play, you should not spend more than 50 pounds on a bat.

Ok. I initially was torn about the bat and was considering selling it. I put it on eBay as it was free listings and was just curious to see really. I've rejected offers of £230 on eBay though because after a few days, I've decided it is too good to let go. The fact of the matter is, the bat itself is magnificent. Can't fault it. Ping is immense. Straight clean grains. Pickup superb. This for sure is one to keep.

However, thank you so much for your advice on how much I should be spending on a cricket bat with 'my level of play'. :p I will be sure to consult you about all my other future financial decisions! how much should i spend on a new pair of shoes? my new house? is £3 too much for hair gel?! :108: Jokes aside, I do appreciate you replying though.

Anyway, recommend this bat big time. It's class! :125:

Great that u understood the humor part when I tried to mention 50 pounds budget for a bat, and you did not take an offense. That's good to know.
So yeah, you can't beat it if you like the bat. It's value and quality doesn't matter anymore.

For me personally (and it has nothing to do with you) selling something is hard but BUYING something at the right price is even harder. Specially in this case when I do NOT need the merchandize in an urgent situation, and unless if I am playing first class county cricket I wouldn't spend more than 100 pounds on a bat. Now it's up to my ability if I can buy a bat that's equally or better than a CA 15000 LE or buy a G3 Plank for £100. To me, buying something for £500 that has a retail value of £500 is really not a big deal (matter of fact its a lil dumb) because my need is not urgent and because I am not in a hurry. It's just not a wise business transaction for the two reasons. I will probably not be able to sell it at the same price and in the same condition. I will not get my money back on logistics. Do we get our way all the time? Definitely Not !!! but a smarter way of shopping is to get the best value of your money.

Again, my personal opinion, nothing against your habit of getting bored sitting at home and shop for a cricket bat in off season at full retail price on a model that has been discontinued and I am buying it without even looking at it.
If I present the above scenario to Bill Gates or Warren Buffet who both have absolutely no shortage of money, they will laugh at me cuz they would never do such a deal. Matter of fact, it reminds a Warren Buffet's quote,

"If you buy things that you don't need, pretty soon you will be selling things that you need".

And then there is another angle to it, which is again my personal opinion and my personal experience.
Years ago I was gonna buy a Laver & Wood Signature for which James quoted $1200.00 plus shipping. I said OK.
The next day I was having lunch with a friend who has more emaan than me, and I just simply told him in a regular chit chat that I was buying this bat. Now, this guy has played some cricket, so he jumps out of his seat in a shock and disbelief. He said, you can still play good cricket with a $100 bat, imagine how many people you can help in Pakistan with the remaining $1100.00?
It really struck me. I took his point and cancelled the sale. I don't have to tell you that giving that charity (and I am not bragging about it) gave me the kind of peace and happiness (that is still with me) that a L&V would have never given me. I am sure the joy of getting that bat and then seeing it depreciated over time would have not lasted for more than a year. :)

Back