How badly can water/rain affect a bat?

No_Username

Local Club Star
Runs
Basically, I left my bat outside for about three hours at night. And it got wet, due to dew. Luckily the Bat has a scuff sheet on it, so it got saved.

But I just wanted to know, how badly can water affect bats, ?

And what amount of water is the real threat to bats?

I would say a lot because it damps the bat and soften it and in result bat becomes dud, thats my take.

I wanted to know the same thing. The other day it was bucketing down and I was playing for 22 overs in pouring rain. I tried to dry it the best I could with my sweater but it was still really wet.

This won't affect the performance, will it?

Jazakallahkhair.

Prolonged exposure will obviously ruin the bat.
Damp conditions will result in damage to or weaken toe and splice.

you lucky you have a sleeve and only due, left my best bat which was a woodworm globe outside overnight in rain and its ping just died, your bat shouldn't be too bad let it dry a week sand it where uncovered and oil might save it....
QuickSingle try letting it dry a week and sand and oil might be able to save it

Played with my bat in the rain for about 2 hrs. Still going strong :afridi

you lucky you have a sleeve and only due, left my best bat which was a woodworm globe outside overnight in rain and its ping just died, your bat shouldn't be too bad let it dry a week sand it where uncovered and oil might save it....
QuickSingle try letting it dry a week and sand and oil might be able to save it

this....

water is really bad but a bit of drizzle is ok. If dried properly (dont put it on heater!), then sand a bit and oil it a bit as well.

In fact if a bat is properly oiled it doesnt take much water damage.

Back