How do you see Mohandas Gandhi? Founder of India, an impostor or an overrated leader

How do you see Mohandas Gandhi?

• An imposter and overrated politician

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The legacy of Mohandas Gandhi also known as Mahatma Gandhi has never been so polarized as it had become in recent times. So how do you guys especially Indians see his legacy.

Do you guys reckon him as Founder of India, just a great leader, an imposter, an overrated leader or something else?

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was and remains the real hero. Regarding Gandhi, I don't have much to say. I do have my regards for him but he is certainly not what he is portrayed to be.

The man who did most damage to India and Hindus in 6 months he lived after independence.if not for him population exchange would have taken place and all the troubles we faced and currently in future we are going to face would have been negated drastically.

I know the direction he wants to take this discussion and somehow bring (and blame) Modi here but that is simply not going to work. Even we bhakts don't think about Modi so much as my dear friend.

No one is alive now when Gandhi ji was present. So we often have to go by what history books say. And by going by those history books, he seemed like a decent man. Wonder why Nehru didn't offer such a noble man the PM role after Britisher's left and hogged the limelight himself.

:kp

Last edited by a moderator:
Gandhi was one among the many popular freedom fighters in India. He had his own way to dealing with an occupying force. His way is extreme pacifism and non-violence. Many of his followers were killed by British in following the path made by Gandhi.
While the followers of Gandhi were dying and beaten up at the hands of British forces, Gandhi used to be put in prison where he continued his fast and non-violence ways. Gandhi was never an existential threat to Brit rule. He was more of a nuisance for them.

Whether Gandhi's non-violent ways worked or not, it can be debated for years. But the British were leaving India anyway after the WW2. Following independence, the leftist historians have ensured that Gandhi was made the face of the Indian freedom struggle. Indian Congress party still milk Gandhi's name in elections. As kids we were singing songs on how Gandhi gave us freedom from oppressive British rule :ROFLMAO:

The brainwashing starts early.

I don't have an opinion on him. But, many people worldwide connect India to Gandhi. To them, Gandhi may symbolize India.

One thing is for sure and that is Gandhi had more class/grace/decency than Modi.

I know the direction he wants to take this discussion and somehow bring (and blame) Modi here but that is simply not going to work. Even we bhakts don't think about Modi so much as my dear friend.

No one is alive now when Gandhi ji was present. So we often have to go by what history books say. And by going by those history books, he seemed like a decent man. Wonder why Nehru didn't offer such a noble man the PM role after Britisher's left and hogged the limelight himself.

:kp
This is basically a poll thread to ascertain how majority of Indians see Mr Gandhi's legacy.

This is basically a poll thread to ascertain how majority of Indians see Mr Gandhi's legacy.

Indian Rupee note has Gandhiji's photo.

Gandhi ji's birthday is a national holiday in India.

So obviously, Indians consider his legacy very highly.

However, like everything else, people have individual opinion which sometimes can be contrary to the wider world.

Osama Bin Laden is widely considered world's most notorious terrorist. However, few people believes he was a freedom fighter.

So there are no right or wrong answer to these questions.

He was fundamentally a good man with odd quirks here and there.
He was testing his Nigrahan Shakti AKA celibacy powers.

Things that are never taught in schools. All we are taught is that he single handedly won freedom for India without ever lifting a weapon. He did all of that spinning a Charka at the banks of Sabarmati river. Brits got scared and gave India independence. :ROFLMAO:

Who can forget the hit Bollywood song -
"
de dii hame aazadii bina khadag bina dhal
sabaramati ke sant tune kar diya kamal
andhi main bhi jalati rahi gandhi teri mashal

"

I don't have an opinion on him. But, many people worldwide connect India to Gandhi. To them, Gandhi may symbolize India.

One thing is for sure and that is Gandhi had more class/grace/decency than Modi.
Why so? Gandhi ji had more class bcoz he gave Muslim's a separate land in 1947 and demanded India with majority of Hindus to remain secular?

Modi ji is bad bcoz he removed the autonomy of Kashmir which was a historical mistake by Nehru?

The fact that Pakistanis and Bangladeshis unanimously hates Modi itself a testimony that he is doing something right.

Long may this burn continue...

Why so? Gandhi ji had more class bcoz he gave Muslim's a separate land in 1947 and demanded India with majority of Hindus to remain secular?

Modi ji is bad bcoz he removed the autonomy of Kashmir which was a historical mistake by Nehru?

The fact that Pakistanis and Bangladeshis unanimously hates Modi itself a testimony that he is doing something right.

Long may this burn continue...
You always tend to forget Gujrat riots, drama like surgical strikes too. Also his anti Muslim rhetoric. It's not just Kashmir status only.

What you said and quoted was true but it may have steered the discussion entirely to his personal life rather than political one. Hope you understand

I do remember people of Gujarat electing him twice as Chief Minister and people of India electing him thrice as Prime Minister.
Al-Qaeda would have elected OBL each and every time if he were to contest election just as Hindutva would elect Modi.

Al-Qaeda would have elected OBL each and every time if he were to contest election just as Hindutva would elect Modi.
Al Qaeda is not a nation. You are comparing Apples to Oranges.

If you are from that group, you cannot go against OBL.

India is a democracy. Some vote for Modi and others vote against him. There is a choice to overthrow the government through the process of General elections.

He had phases of his life which were very questionable. As he grew old, he seems to have changed his views on many things. He only became Maha-atma much later in his life. Before that he was just an Average-Atma. Your typical Indian who went abroad to try his luck and make it big.

His intentions were good. His execution is not everyone's cup of tea. I have no issue with him being called as a freedom fighter. But he was elevated to the next level by Congress who self appointed themselves as a thekedars of all Indians freedom struggle. Indian history post independence was written by leftists and communists. We only get the history from their warped vision.

Lol Hitler would have many elections too had WW2 not happened.
It is not you but your jealousy and helplessness speaking.

Btw, the same Hitler who said 'Gas the Jews' right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, thank you for that amazing information and comparison. You won my heart 🤡

Okay, thank you for that amazing information and comparison. You won my heart 🤡

Ah, I see you've misunderstood entirely. Let me clarify in a way even you might grasp. That comment was never intended for you, nor was it some feeble attempt to 'win your heart.' As a devotee of Hindutva, your worldview is so skewed that you view every Muslim as sub-human, so frankly, the idea of winning your heart is laughably impossible.

The comment was crafted for the benefit of others, to expose just how absurd your defense was, defending someone notorious for their blatant bigotry. It's almost impressive how you managed to miss the point so spectacularly.

Al Qaeda is not a nation. You are comparing Apples to Oranges.

If you are from that group, you cannot go against OBL.

India is a democracy. Some vote for Modi and others vote against him. There is a choice to overthrow the government through the process of General elections.
"IF"

give it another try.

Ah, I see you've misunderstood entirely. Let me clarify in a way even you might grasp. That comment was never intended for you, nor was it some feeble attempt to 'win your heart.' As a devotee of Hindutva, your worldview is so skewed that you view every Muslim as sub-human, so frankly, the idea of winning your heart is laughably impossible.

What? You quoted me directly...so how was that not directed to me? 🤡

The comment was crafted for the benefit of others, to expose just how absurd your defense was, defending someone notorious for their blatant bigotry. It's almost impressive how you managed to miss the point so spectacularly.
What are you even talking about? Whom did I defend and whose blatant bigotry?

:rp

What? You quoted me directly...so how was that not directed to me? 🤡

What are you even talking about? Whom did I defend and whose blatant bigotry?

:rp
Ah, the confusion continues. Let me break it down for you in simpler terms. This is a forum, and a direct quote doesn’t mean I'm singling you out. Your comment was merely a convenient example to illustrate an important point, certainly not an attempt to make you feel loved.

You’ve become the poster child for Hindutva, defending anything and everything related to Modi’s agenda with unwavering devotion.

But let’s not make this all about you. Try, if you can, to actually address the substance of the comment. And if that proves too challenging, feel free to just ignore it.

It is not you but your jealousy and helplessness speaking.

Btw, the same Hitler who said 'Gas the Jews' right?
Triggered that i exposed the dumbness of your argument. You are telling us Hitler is bad because he gased jews but what about Muslim Killings in Gujrat riots.

So Modi's election victories clean his past crime but no no, not that for Hitler. Sell this nonsense to someone else.

Triggered that i exposed the dumbness of your argument. You are telling us Hitler is bad because he gased jews but what about Muslim Killings in Gujrat riots.

So Modi's election victories clean his past crime but no no, not that for Hitler. Sell this nonsense to someone else.

I have debated about Gujarat riots multiple times here. It was triggered when Islamists decided to torch down the train carrying Hindu pilgrims. If this kind of thing happens again in future, Gujarat like riots will happen again too. Remember India has 80% Hindus and Muslims were given separate country in 1947. If you still attack us, Hindu's will give back in the same language. I thought all of these is very easy to understand.

Modi didn't win bcoz of Gujarat...he won despite of Gujarat based on the development work he did on that state. Then again, there is no point in justifying that to you. He won 3 times as PM and will win again if he contests in 2029. You are free to compare him with Hitler as if anyone cares

MKG was the best thing that happened to Muslims in the Indian subcontinent and the worst thing that happened to Hindus without them knowing about it(even to date !). Now add JN :mad:

@CricketCartoons

Back