How does land ownership work? Do we look to History to establish claims, or do the powerful reap the benefits in real time?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
3 examples

1. Palestine - Israel issue where both parties use history to go back in time to claim ownership.
2. Ram Temple - Babri Masjid in Ayodha where Hindus go back in time to justify ownership.
3. Hagia Sofia - Which was built as a Church, but today Muslims made it a Mosque and no one has issue with this.

How does ownership work?
@CricketCartoons made a very interesting remark that it is the powerful that matter. Which to be fair is a hard truth.

I hope this topic can be discussed on its own merits without anyone of the name callings like rss, modi, muslims.

Further examples are

4- Britishers that move travel to America and conquered the lands from the natives.

More local examples

5- Islamabad used to belong to villagers and was part of Rawalpindi, the villagers were than adjusted in other areas of Rawalpindi while today anyone who can afford to live in Islamabad lives in Islamabad.

6- Bahria Town is somewhat of an example that resembles the Israel - Palestine one. Bahria Town land belonged to the village people who were forcefully made to move out. The land was converted into a proper housing society which provides the best facilities that no place offers. Today only those can live in Bahria town that can buy land there.

To me it seems, historical significance never mattered

Back