How to add more PPers in PPFMC

Ibad17

PPCL Hall of Famer
Runs
We currently have 24 teams and each team is being managed by PakPassion members. I want to add more PPers to PPFMC but can't add more teams as there are not much quality players left to get more balanced teams.
So i want you, the current managers to put your ideas on how to add more PP members to PPFMC.

I got a suggestion and that is to start a sign up thread and add more members and this time as players in the teams similarly to PPCL. If we get new players from PP then the current managers may get them in the mid season transfer window or draft for their teams.
But i am short of ideas on how this should work and if a manager is fired then can a player be eligible to manage a team.
Please give me your views on how to add more members but remember i will not add more teams and managers.

If we are to do that, we start again from scratch and run this competition like PPCL with 100% PP members being players.

don't want to start from scratch. Just wanted to add more players along with the current football players.

We can collect sign ups, set a criteria of attributes to go with contracts handed out to the forum players.

I.e. an A contract receives all 17's for attributes required only for that position. (just a suggestion, the number can be altered).

However, I feel we keep it realistic. In theory, Messi is the best player on the game, so nobody should be better than Messi. Maybe on the same level.

Let's see what others say.

A situation may arise where managers wanting to be players etc.

one option is to adopt what KR said above.

The other would be to have a 2nd division of teams and managers, and to have promotion and relegation from the current division

i was thinking of exactly the same.
But some questions in my mind which i can't solve..

If a manager is fired then should a player be given opportunity to manage a team.?
Should we allow managers to join competition as players.?

The other would be to have a 2nd division of teams and managers, and to have promotion and relegation from the current division

I already told you that we can't add more teams and managers and everyone don't enjoy managing a football team. It is pretty tough as compared to PPCL where the captains only name a team.

i was thinking of exactly the same.
But some questions in my mind which i can't solve..

If a manager is fired then should a player be given opportunity to manage a team.?
Should we allow managers to join competition as players.?

These two exact questions crossed my mind whilst typing the last post.

Manager's would want to become players as well after seeing other's.

Maybe we can do this from season 2 or as murphy suggested that we can have a division 2 and relegation and promotion come into play.

i am saying it again that we are not adding another division or more teams. Just work it out in the current system..

One thing that just crossed my mind...how will you add these players to the game?

Won't managers be getting the sack after poor performances and those that have three strikes. That should be enough for new managers to come in.

Personally I don't know if I'd be a big fan of having players. I know I would rather manage then just be a player that is constantly begging his captain to let him play.

But adding a division is a good idea. Or can they manage youth players some how? Like every team has a sister team?

Every team in the second division can have random unknown players and then managers from the bottom 4 from get relegated and the top 4 from division 2 get to manage their teams now

the problem in getting more teams is that we lack good players. All the best players are distributed in the current teams. So if we add more teams with not good players then it will be unfair for them..

the problem in getting more teams is that we lack good players. All the best players are distributed in the current teams. So if we add more teams with not good players then it will be unfair for them..

No what I meant was having another division, where these teams do not play with star players, just youth/average players.

And if they do well in their division, they get to move forward into the main division, and the managers that get sacked/relegated manage a team in division II.

division with youth players will not be successful.

1. Even if you did add another division, it would be a division full of 3rd rate players...the newbies would lose interest almost straight away...so not gonna work IMO
2. Having extra people as 'assistant managers' is a waste of time and would clog things up...we only need to name our team and formation it's not that hard lol...so not gonna work IMO
3. Adding PPers as players (even if you gave them random attributes ranging from the likes of Bentner to Messi) would be a waste of time IMO as most PPers I think, wouldn't want to play PPers they want to play well known players. Also how many PPers are you goin to add to the squads? A couple per squad will be a waste of time because they won't even warm the bench for the season, and a bignumber per squad will seriously swell the teams needlessly.

I was acty thinking we could somehow get PPers involved from a supporting POV (which would be interesting on the managers) however, this probably wouldn't work because even if people chose to get involved they'd probably just pick the top 4/5 teams...we'd be fine but the other 20odd teams/managers would had practically nothing

So I dunno, there's no real way to 'make this bigger' that'll actually work IMO...then again I like this 'little club' like situation where you know all the people involved, it's been going all so far...just need to maybe think of adding something to 'add to the experience' as opposed to just naming the team?

Well I think Ibad just wants to involve more of the forum?

I like how it is right now, but I agree, if there are ways to add to the experience, that'd be great.

I think we can make all managers into players in the league. We should also add other ppers who sign up into the squads but make their attributes competitive with the other players in the league.

Dare I say it BUT I think it is close to perfect as can be

Getting more of the forum involved would be nice BUT it would ruin it imo, I don't like the idea of having posters playing because currently there is a strong element of realism with real life players, having posters would spoil that

I thought by adding more PPers it will be more real. Some of the PPers will manage a team and the others will be the players in their teams. Also they will have an opportunity to play along with the best players of the world..
But if you people got other ideas on its extension then please suggest;

I personally am not keen on that idea, it works fine in PPCL as we get loads of sign ups and we can spread the teams

Even if it is a case of just adding a couple of players to each time, I think it will remove some of that realism and also footballing knowledge that we currently have to utilise to try and win games

I agree with GA. I think the real players add another dimension to this.

I think you could add a couple of players to each team who are youth players and have a fairly low CA at the start but a massive potential. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

I am with Geordie Tooney.

No, please don't add PPers as players, it will just taking the realism out, especially screwing up tactics when priority has to be given to the PPers in team selection.

What about allowing "assistant managers", i.e. allow two-three PPers manage a team, with the original one being the main manager, who will delegate duties (if required) regarding tactics and team selection.

This would allow more matches to played in less time, progressing the PPFMC faster, the more seasons we complete the more exciting it will get as younng players come through, transfer activity, stadium expansions etc...

I think delegating each team between 2 or 3 PPers (if wanted by the original PPer manager) will allow the league to run a quicker pace.

The slowness of the PPFMC is a bummer.

I think the assistant manager suggestion is a decent one, that way we can get more PP'ers involved, it will speed the game up and we could get more banter going on

^^^ Also re: assistant managers.

Seeing there already few "very insecure" job status in the league, if the original PPer manager gets sacked then either the assistant manager can takeover or entire management team gets sacked.

Also the original PPer manager should have rights to sack his assistant PPer manager.

but there is already an ingame assistant manager..

By "assistant manager" I meant, the PPer can name the team in the match thread like the original PPer. Same roles. Just "assistant" in name.
This would allow teams being named quicker, hence get games played in a week.

Example, If I had two other PPers as my "assistant manager": I would delegate him which match to name teams: maybe along the following format:

Mon: Lg Match 9: Me
Tue : Lg Match 10: PPer 1
Wed: Zizou Cup: PPer 2
Thur: Lg Match 11: Me
Sat: Copa Fenmo: Me
Sun: Lg Match 12: PPer 1

By this method, we can get 6 games in a week!, but I only have to worry about 3 games, so no increase in work load for me personally.

It will also add excitement for the "assistant manager" PPers as they will get to name teams with respect to their tactics (unless told otherwise).

Also the three of us can discuss tactics, transfers, scouting, tapping players:)), etc.

Last edited:
well what others say about it. After all its your choice to add an assistant..

I don't want my assisstant to announce the Line-up. But i'd like to have someone who can help me with line-ups (i should have the final decision).

IF assistant managers are added to the 'experience' then each manager should have the right to choose if they want/need one or not

If you want to start from scratch, we might as well play with a large database. Players like Cazorla, Alba, Afellay, Marin, Sandro, Podolski should also be included. You could have a database with players from 7-8 good leagues.

And then we should set a limited transfer budget, and allow an auction to take place, which would make it more interesting.

If you want to start from scratch, we might as well play with a large database. Players like Cazorla, Alba, Afellay, Marin, Sandro, Podolski should also be included. You could have a database with players from 7-8 good leagues.

And then we should set a limited transfer budget, and allow an auction to take place, which would make it more interesting.

He already plays for my team.

I am sure I have seen all of them play for someone

IF assistant managers are added to the 'experience' then each manager should have the right to choose if they want/need one or not

oh, absolutely, the original manager should decide if they need any assistant manager PPer.

I don't anyone will be keen on starting from scratch (well apart from those guys on the brink of being sacked :yk )

Increasing the database of players isn't really an option since Ibad says the current number of players (24) is the limit and it be expanded upon

Truthfully I think things are fine as they are, season is progressing well and table is starting to take shape, any attempts to try to 'improve' it might just harm it

Hes in my starting lineup.

I agree that we shouldn't change what is working well now in this league. I don't like the idea of starting from scratch as many of us have built our team with a long term interest not just short term.

Having a second tier competition may be alright. All depends on if more players can be added. There are certainly more players who are well known enough and not part of the league currently. If a manager from the top tier is sacked, the lower league managers can apply for that position, so they will have opportunities to move up. We've already had two sacking so early into the competition so the opportunities for those in the lower league will be there. I think any manager from any league should be able to apply for a position at a club where there is no manager.

Plus with relegation and promotion, it will add more incentive to where you finish in your league. At the moment, you could finish last, and potentially finish first the next season.

There is no certainty that you will get full committment from the lower league managers, but likewise you may not have committment from the top league managers who are languishing at the bottom of their league.

Also all other cup competitions other than the league should be open to all teams.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a second division... It also means managers who are sacked from the "Premier" league have another chance by looking for a job in the lower tier league

TBH,

Something that could be interesting is that other managers can apply for another Manager spot if someone is sacked, like in FM

How about the current mangers pick their assistant manager (a member of Pak Passion) to help them assist with the team etc.

it will be great to have help with the team and it will probably mean we can get a match every 24 hours as either the manger or assistant can name the team

We could maybe have a 'Youth league', with all the teams in the main league, bit with pure youth players who start from scratch....so you have Real Fortis Youth team managed by someone (so there's a link between the 2 managers) and maybe the young unknown strike is doing well...I can bring him into the senior team (though admittedly is does run the risk of being 'boring' for the other manager lol)

Guys, creating a second division, or a any type of new league division, including a youth division, will require us to start the game from scratch as these things can't added once the FM game has started.

..If some manager gets fired, can somebody please let me know? I'll gladly take over, lets just say my managerial skills would make Roberto Mancini quiver :)) I'm shocked I didn't know there was football league like PPCL, I just saw thought it was some kind of open fantasy league on the Premier League website that everybody joined :124:

..If some manager gets fired, can somebody please let me know? I'll gladly take over, lets just say my managerial skills would make Roberto Mancini quiver :)) I'm shocked I didn't know there was football league like PPCL, I just saw thought it was some kind of open fantasy league on the Premier League website that everybody joined :124:

Note this down Ibad/Rizzy.

We need a scandal yar.

I am willing to help, will go to PPCL and say Ibad ney balla mar diya :asif

@Canistani Hero: You will be considered if a manager is sacked..

i think there will be room for more than one manager, as a lot of managers are on a very insecure position.

Honestly, if any manager, like KU has been very active, I don't think they deserve to get sacked so early.

I mean, management doesn't even get a season or two to get their act together?

Honestly, if any manager, like KU has been very active, I don't think they deserve to get sacked so early.

exactly.. :)

exactly.. :)

No, they don't. This is the dawn of a new era. An era of more competent boards. An era of owners like Roman Abrahmovic and Sheikh Mansour. If a manager is not performing, is not showing up, is not committed to the team, he must be Villas-Boas(ed) i.e dumped, fired, sacked.

That's how the cookie crumbles. Give way to not only, deserving :)) but also more committed candidates.

:)))

No, they don't. This is the dawn of a new era. An era of more competent boards. An era of owners like Roman Abrahmovic and Sheikh Mansour. If a manager is not performing, is not showing up, is not committed to the team, he must be Villas-Boas(ed) i.e dumped, fired, sacked.

That's how the cookie crumbles. Give way to not only, deserving :)) but also more committed candidates.

:)))

A bit harsh on the Sheikh, they showed patience to Mancini when a lot of people expected him to wield the axe

Well yes BUT almost 2 years for Alan Pardew, so even Mike Ashley is behaving now :yk

Chris Hughton might have something to say about that :yk

Come on Ibad, fire somebody? Anybody thinking it's time to retire/resign? I've been warming up for too long :))

Last edited:
wait for another round or two and a manager will be sacked..

but half of a season is more than enough. 15+ games are enough to determine the fate of a manager..

but half of a season is more than enough. 15+ games are enough to determine the fate of a manager..

Is that how it works in football?

I always thought managers got 1-2 seasons to build a team in football.

I'd hate to lose an active manager in PPFMC, like KU or Aneeq.

Is that how it works in football?

I always thought managers got 1-2 seasons to build a team in football.

I'd hate to lose an active manager in PPFMC, like KU or Aneeq.

AND you wouldn't be able to get Ganso then :))

The sacking isn't done by Ibad its done by the game. Just coz a manager gets the chop it doesn't mean he can't return to manage another team down the track. It's football, some owners are harsher than others.

The sacking isn't done by Ibad its done by the game. Just coz a manager gets the chop it doesn't mean he can't return to manage another team down the track. It's football, some owners are harsher than others.

True.

No I know that, but they should be reinstated IMO.

Back