How's the youth lifestyle in Pakistan?

Sher Khan

Local Club Captain
Runs
Being a young guy I use social media a lot. I am just dumbfounded by what I see on social media though. I have always thought of Pakistan as an extremely conservative country. But some of the things I've been seeing on Instagram and Tiktok sends chills down my spine. Knowing at the back of mind that most likely I will have to marry someone in Pakistan eventually.

I see a lot of young people hooked onto drugs, alcohol and living the "clubbing" lifestyle. I also see them with a lot of prominent tattoos and wearing modern clothing. Ofcourse, judging people is wrong. Everyone is entitled to live the life they want.

But I'd like to ask people that either live in Pakistan or are familiar with the youth lifestyle there. Is this an accurate representation of youth lifestyle in Pakistan. I am talking about urban cities like Islamabad and Karachi, etc.

Being a young guy I use social media a lot. I am just dumbfounded by what I see on social media though. I have always thought of Pakistan as an extremely conservative country. But some of the things I've been seeing on Instagram and Tiktok sends chills down my spine. Knowing at the back of mind that most likely I will have to marry someone in Pakistan eventually.

I see a lot of young people hooked onto drugs, alcohol and living the "clubbing" lifestyle. I also see them with a lot of prominent tattoos and wearing modern clothing. Ofcourse, judging people is wrong. Everyone is entitled to live the life they want.

But I'd like to ask people that either live in Pakistan or are familiar with the youth lifestyle there. Is this an accurate representation of youth lifestyle in Pakistan. I am talking about urban cities like Islamabad and Karachi, etc.
You earning 38k bro?

Social media simply highlights that which is already prevalent underground. Normalisation of amorality is a problem, however

What's wrong with modern clothing?

What's wrong with modern clothing?
There's long been a distortion in Muslim countries of that which is not traditional being conflated with immoral.

From an Islamic perspective, Desi clothing is in its nature immodest; bright, garish, the upholders of Desi culture in North India can attest to its provocative nature.

I think the whole concept of what is truly 'modest' has become lost. The hair alone not the sole criteria either.

Muslims need to remember they're followers, not custodians. Puritanism does not work for our eyes are all we can control

Where do they source the alcohol from?

Where do they source the alcohol from?
Alcohol is readily available in Pakistan for foreigners. You can get them at any 5 star hotel in Pakistan and also.

The general public can also easily purchase alcohol illegally but a premium price by contacting the dealers.

These people are from the elite class anyway so money isn’t a problem for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is an accurate description of the youth that live in the big cities and belong to upper class families.

Pakistan is a different country depending on whether you step into the rich man bubble or experience the harsh realities of the everyday lives of the common citizens of Pakistan who struggle to make ends meet and don’t have the money to spend on these things.

But this applies to pretty much every poor country in the world. There is always a bubble for the elite class who have the purchasing power to enjoy such a lifestyle.

Modernization and I guess liberalization has creeped onto the middle class now.

But still, the vast majority of Pakistani youth still has mainly one hobby, and that is eating out. Sightseeing and hiking in the Northern Areas is becoming more popular, but the ideal leisure activity is still eating in restaurants

Woman arrested for supplying drugs in Islamabad educational institutes

According to spokesperson of ANF, the accused were supplying drugs to a major educational institution in Islamabad on a tip-off.

The woman was arrested with drugs from the gate of the educational institution and the other accused arrested along with another accused works in the canteen of an educational institution.

During the search of the arrested suspect’s room, hashish, opium and more tokens of ice were found.

According to the investigation, the accused used to smuggle drugs from Peshawar to the accused.

The accused disclosed selling drugs to university students. The arrested accused belongs to Nowshera while the accused belongs to Mansehra.

A case has been registered against the accused under the Anti-Narcotics Act and further investigation has been started.

Earlier in a separate operation, the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) successfully apprehended the largest drug-supplying gang from Jordan.

The gang, operating in the provincial capital of Lahore, was reportedly involved in trafficking narcotics from multiple countries including Mexico and Canada.

The ANF revealed that the crackdown led to the arrest of 5 core members of the gang along with 9 accomplices, who were apprehended from Phase 6. During the operation, law enforcement seized drugs worth millions of rupees from Mohammad Ayub, a prominent figure within the gang.

This is the bitter reality of Islamabad's elite class people and their children.

Back