"I prefer Sunil Narine over Saeed Ajmal" : Ramiz Raja

RehanG

First Class Captain
Runs
in today's match between india and west indies Ramiz Raja during commentary said
"i would prefer narine over ajmal because ajmal can only take wickets on spinning tracks and not on batting wickets"

I agree with him, but Ramiz is trolling too like me and seeking attention :boycott

Ajmal is awful on non spinning wickets in all formats. If he tours Australia again, he will still average 100+.

India destroyed Narine but we would have struggled against iDone. Ajmal is the best of them all.

Narine is pretty ordinary too. Got owned in England. Ajmal is miles ahead. Though it will be fun to see the Ajmalistas squirm. :razzaq

in today's match between india and west indies Ramiz Raja during commentary said
"i would prefer narine over ajmal because ajmal can only take wickets on spinning tracks and not on batting wickets"
WI doesn't even pick Narine in tests because he can't pick up wickets :/

In ODIs Narine is better than Ajmal because Ajmal needs helpful tracks to pick wickets.But Ajmal can still contain runs on those unhelpful tracks.But if the track doesnt help Ajmal isnt going to pick many wickets.

In ODI's both are pretty much same, both are very difficult to read. Tests theres simply no comparison.

'11 to win off 12 balls with Amla and Duminy at the crease. And Ajmal delivers a 2-run over, with Amla's wicket thrown in'

Yea Ramiz Talk Nah. :viv

:ajmal is better than narine

3 consecutive years , highest wickets taken across all formats , deserves the best spot.

Ajmal is phenomenal, he raises his game against best ; took a 10 fer earlier this year and cornered SA juggernaut in cape town of all places( fortress).

Last edited:
Narine for death/PP overs and Ajmal in all other occasions in ODIs

Ajmal is more threatening than Narine and is a great bowler. As a fan I would worry more if I see Ajmal in the opposition.

In tests :ajmal 's average is half of that of Narine :))

In ODIs its debatable. Oh BTW, Rameez once said that our batsman don't know where their off stumps are. I must add this that Rameez did not know where any of his stamps where when he used to bat :yk

^^^^No he isnt.Swann is better in test matches.And Narine is as good in ODIs.

I prefer Narine over Ajmal : Ramiz Raja

Ramiz is a part time fan. Soon he will be saying Ajmal is the best bowler in the world..

I will say this, Narine is the best spinner in IPL.

In international cricket it is difficult to say but across all three formats it would be Ajmal easily.

In ODI's Ajmal and Narine are great but it's not easy to determine who is better to be honest. Even on an off day, Ajmal bowled the most crucial over today.

In tests, I think Ajmal is definitely better than Swann. Swann is a good spinner but Ajmal bowls well and picks up wickets everywhere. Also Swann gets over hyped in the same way Anderson does. These are good bowlers but they will never be all time greats.

In T20s, Ajmal is one of the most consistent bowlers around even if I can't say he is the stand out best.

Last edited:
Ajmal had a bad game, so bloody what ?

Hes a spinner and a spinner can get hit at the end. Still I am glad we Have Ajmal than Narine.

I'll say this, Narine is the best in IPL and Ajmal in real cricket.

Anyway, mediocre statement by a mediocre ex-player.

As far as ODI cricket is concerned, Afridi is the best. Only one who takes wickets in the middle overs.

Don't know if Ajmal has taken one the last 2 years :(.

Ramiz Raja always makes a fool of himself. Watch next time of he commentates a Pakistan game he will say Ajmal is the best spinner ever.
Good to see Ajmal prove people wrong again and their is no spinner better then Ajmal in all formats at the moment. Which spinner can bowl so well at the death and deliver a 2 run over in the 49th over with 11 runs required.
He has not got many wickets as audial this year that's because all teams don't attack him and wait for his bad deliveries to put away but still his stats have been good this year. Just look at Afridi he's picking up wickets now and that's because most teams target Afridi as they think he's the weak link but Afridi has bowled brilliant last few series and it shows that our spinners are so crucial to our success.

From whatever i have seen no one has read Ajmal better to :kohli ... #FACT

he did played him well but didnt dominated him like the rest of bowlers :wahab

Kohli is legend in the making, he is bound to do better than other mortals :ahmed

Last edited:

Hahaha joke of the day. We saw how great Swann was in the First test even Lyon out bowled him.
And I like Narine myself think he will be great but their is a long way to go for him, Ajmal has played more then twice the matches Narine has and is stays are better and right now Ajmal is ahead easily. But Narine has the ability to be better but still long way to go for him.

In ur face Ramiz Raja... :p
Ajmal gave u the answer in the second last over of the match today... Narine's test record is awful.. Period.. And in ODIs Ajmal has equally a good record and Ajmal has been mostly successful in pressure situations more than Narine... And Narine was ordinary against Indians... Ajmal still got a five wicket haul against the strong batting of India in India...

Narine is class and will be the best spinner after Ajmal retires. India would batter any spinner, even Ajmal so nothing to be ashamed of.

Hahaha joke of the day. We saw how great Swann was in the First test even Lyon out bowled him.
And I like Narine myself think he will be great but their is a long way to go for him, Ajmal has played more then twice the matches Narine has and is stays are better and right now Ajmal is ahead easily. But Narine has the ability to be better but still long way to go for him.

What is the performance of Ajmal in places like Australia?

I agree with him, but Ramiz is trolling too like me and seeking attention :boycott

Ajmal is awful on non spinning wickets in all formats. If he tours Australia again, he will still average 100+.

:)))

Man, this guy is so clueless.

Nothing to see here folks, Ramiz has had some issues with Ajmal in the past hence him preferring Narine. 99% of other cricket experts will pick Ajju.

What is the number of matches that Ajmal has played in these places?

His performance in the first/third test in SA indicates that he will still badly struggle on fast bouncy pitches.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to what ramiz says, most know who the best spinner in the world is :ajmal

His performance in the first/third test in SA indicates that he will still badly struggle on fast bouncy pitches.

You really need to stay consistent. You said that he struggles on non-turning pitches and now have narrowed it down to fast bouncy pitches?

And are the pitches he is currently playing on, not fast, bouncy pitches? He averages 24 and averaged the same when he last toured South Africa.

So the statement that Ajmal will struggle on non-turning tracks in all formats of the game is ridiculous and confirms the fact that you are a attention seeker.

Now that Junaid has slapped you in the face, you turn back to your favorite pinata, Ajmal.

You really need to stay consistent. You said that he struggles on non-turning pitches and now have narrowed it down to fast bouncy pitches?

And are the pitches he is currently playing on, not fast, bouncy pitches? He averages 24 and averaged the same when he last toured South Africa.

So the statement that Ajmal will struggle on non-turning tracks in all formats of the game is ridiculous and confirms the fact that you are a attention seeker.

Now that Junaid has slapped you in the face, you turn back to your favorite pinata, Ajmal.

Non turning pitches are mostly bouncy and fast. slow and low wickets, opposite of fast and bouncy, grip the ball more and hence, there is more spin.

Wickets that don't generate much bounce but are still not really low, like Pakistan's, are good for spinners too but not as much as UAE ones.

Last edited:

Odi bowling averages :

Graeme Swann 27.76

Sunil Narine 25.67

Saeed Ajmal 22.51

Tests bowling averages :

Sunil Narine 48.06

Graeme Swann 29.18

Saeed Ajmal 26.54

Odi bowling averages :

Graeme Swann 27.76

Sunil Narine 25.67

Saeed Ajmal 22.51

Tests bowling averages :

Sunil Narine 48.06

Graeme Swann 29.18

Saeed Ajmal 26.54

Swann is proven in more countries. Ajmal has better record than him in UAE and WI only.

Swann is proven in more countries. Ajmal has better record than him in UAE and WI only.

Non turning pitches are mostly bouncy and fast. slow and low wickets, opposite of fast and bouncy, grip the ball more and hence, there is more spin.

Wickets that don't generate much bounce but are still not really low, like Pakistan's, are good for spinners too but not as much as UAE ones.

So please admit that you went a little too far with your trolling. Ajmal hasn't played in Australia and New Zealand and so we won't know for sure whether or not he would fail there.

What we do know is that he has a much better record than all other spinners and has always performed against the best teams.

England and South Africa in tests and India in ODIs. Narine and Swann can only takes wickets against low-ranked opposition.

Odi bowling averages :

Graeme Swann 27.76

Sunil Narine 25.67

Saeed Ajmal 22.51

Tests bowling averages :

Sunil Narine 48.06

Graeme Swann 29.18

Saeed Ajmal 26.54

Pretty clear who the best spinner is. He is Ajmal. Stats don't lie.

So please admit that you went a little too far with your trolling. Ajmal hasn't played in Australia and New Zealand and so we won't know for sure whether or not he would fail there.

What we do know is that he has a much better record than all other spinners and has always performed against the best teams.

England and South Africa in tests and India in ODIs. Narine and Swann can only takes wickets against low-ranked opposition.

Ajmal has played in those places and got outperformed by Rehman in NZ.

Ajmal has out performed Swann for a while and has better stats and those backing Swann despite his great bowling in the first test by saying what has Ajmal done in Australia well Ajmal hasn't played any tests in Australia and we have seen him against All countries and he has performed and won games. Swann is just too much hype. In ODIs Swann has to bowl in middle overs because everyone knows it's easy to hit him while Ajmal bowls in power play and at the death and wins games by still people believe Swann is better are having a right laugh.
Look at Ajmals stats and they show you he's the best so keep it up haters.

Ajmal maybe less proven than Swann in Tests because of luck, but that is how it is.

Ramiz raja doing hindi commentary these days on hindi sports channel..

' kya akramak ballay baazi ki hai kohli ne'

What do you expect guys?

Absolutely despise his commentary and adds nothing insightful to the game, he would fit in perfectly with the likes of Shastri, Shiva etc.

Absolutely despise his commentary and adds nothing insightful to the game, he would fit in perfectly with the likes of Shastri, Shiva etc.

I agree . He's an awful commentator full of cheap cliches. He just describes what's happening in very rudimentary terms eg "what a 4", "that's a good shot" etc. his analysis is awful and wrong most if the time . I'm glad we don't have to put up with him anymore. He was commentating on the India match today, I heard him on star sports. He's still dreadful .

Also I'm glad Waqar had gone. He was just as bad. He was commentating today too on the UAE vs Holland game.

good thing makhan marka (butter applying) and Ghaddar Rameez is not in PCB magement. He is the one who brought Dave Whatmore. Hope India keeps him there

Last edited:
This will give u an idea - Performance against non-minnows

Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5

82 81 725.0 31 3056 132 5/24 23.15 4.21 32.9 4 2

34 34 307.5 17 1274 48 5/27 26.54 4.13 38.4 3 1

In t20 leagues Narine is better but International Ajmal is better

Well in terms of youth and batting there is a bit of merit to what he says but purely in terms of bowling I'd go for Ajmal who, now going into his 100th ODI (next game), has a better average and SR than Muralitharan. Not bad. :raja

SM914~1-Kiss-Ass-Posters.jpg

Just so obvious....

new depths to crawl for rambo. he really does have no shame at all does he?

Have to say, I've really enjoyed following the Pakistan team recently sans the cool cucumber himself in the combox.

From whatever i have seen no one has read Ajmal better to :kohli ... #FACT

Kohli and De Villiers have been equally excellent against Ajmal, they read the variation of the pitch and can easily negotiate what ever length the ball is bowled at because they are equally strong of both the back and front foot against the spinners.

Ramiz is one of the guys that change their direction with the wind. He is a guy who will change his opinion a billion times.
#HumblePie

Ajmal maybe less proven than Swann in Tests because of luck, but that is how it is.

Which he makes up for with his amazing overall record in all formats.

Seeing Swann getting mauled by Johnson, it would be hard to rate him ahead of Herath.

Ramiz should just stay in India now, he can be adnan Sami part 2. We have better commentators like Aamer Sohail and Bazid Khan now. Lo Narine over Ajmal, only guy who is in the same league as Ajmal is Swann.

Ramiz should just stay in India now, he can be adnan Sami part 2. We have better commentators like Aamer Sohail and Bazid Khan now. Lo Narine over Ajmal, only guy who is in the same league as Ajmal is Swann.

He was referring to ODI's.

In ODI's Narine Vs Ajmal is a fair comparison.

Ramiz gets carried away way too often. He teases and insults,players and fellow commies on air.

Most of the times he uses cliches which don't make any sense at all.

Last edited:
I went to one of the Champs Trophy matches last year in Edgbaston and was sitting near the tent that the commentators come and go out.

Well saw Akram shouted you bleeping fixer, all the younger lads didn't get it and gave me weird looks, but the older men 40+ around me laughed. I guess they knew I was correct. Shortly afterwards Vaughan came, and then after than Rameez came out.

So a young lad asked for his autgraph and that's when I saw my chance, when he was there, I said Ramiz why do you himiliate Pakistanis for? He tried to ignore and I shouted the question again and he looked at me quizically and I said, you are bending over to everyone and trying to sound diplomatic you clown. He shook his head and walked off and that's when the older man starting their swearing in Punjabi.

Ramiz is a 100% tool, you should have heard him in the IPL matches and his fake love for the league. Disgraceful and embarassing man who provides little insight into the game. In fact most commentators in cricket are dreadful. The late Tony Greig, Billy Lawry and some of the other Aussies have great banter on air and provide entertainment if not insight. But the rest of the commentators around the world are a bunch of incompetant clowns.

Ajmal is better than Narine.. Narine has many years in his pocket with time he can be more effective but atm Ajmal is better than Narine

So Ramiz is a tool, sellout and a fake just because he thinks Narine is more suited to non spinning tracks compared to Ajmal.

The intolerance for the opinion of one individual is amusing.

Back