"I prefer Sunil Narine over Saeed Ajmal" : Ramiz Raja

Mamoon_ entering this thread has pushed it into the second page. :91:

The most versatile poster ever.

So Ramiz is a tool, sellout and a fake just because he thinks Narine is more suited to non spinning tracks compared to Ajmal.

The intolerance for the opinion of one individual is amusing.

He is a heck of a lot more, you need to have a memory which is longer than 2 days to know the extent of this man's bending over.

Ramiz's voice is unbearable and even the average Pakistani has more knowledge on the game.

It's ok to think Narine is better than Ajmal, nothing wrong with that, but given where both are now in their game and what they've achieved to date it doesn't really make much sense.

However I know as well as many others, he would not be saying this if he was commentating for Pakistan in a Pak vs NZ series.

Not only are we intolerant to opinions that different from ours but we also specialize in twisting words.

Ramiz didn't say Narine is a better bowler than Ajmal - his simply stated that he prefers Narine because he's more suited across different conditions.

He's clearly frustrated by the number of times Ajmal has been hampered by the fast and bouncy wickets his habit of bowling a defensively negative line around the wicket on such surfaces.

You may not like Ramiz but he is a seasoned commentator who has been in this business for 17 years. His opinions and arguments hold as much water as ours, but it doesn't have to make sense to you or anyone else.

ajmal is the best spinner in the world right now and probably the 3rd best spinner of all time end of discussion . he is a complete wizard with the bowl .

I wanted to ask this question to Pakistani PPers.

Don't you guys feel that Rameez is becoming more and more Indian these days? First of all he does not commentate in Pakistan matches but does so in IPL and in Indian home matches. Second, he makes negative comments about Pakistan such as "Pakistan will never become a top team again".

Or do you consider that its a good riddance because I have seen some of you disliking his commentary. I personally think the new group of Pakistan comms, apart from that Old dude seems to be excellent analysts and barely talks rubbish. Waqar Younis for example knows exactly what Pakistan's strengths and Weaknesses are.

Not only are we intolerant to opinions that different from ours but we also specialize in twisting words.

Ramiz didn't say Narine is a better bowler than Ajmal - his simply stated that he prefers Narine because he's more suited across different conditions.

He's clearly frustrated by the number of times Ajmal has been hampered by the fast and bouncy wickets his habit of bowling a defensively negative line around the wicket on such surfaces.

You may not like Ramiz but he is a seasoned commentator who has been in this business for 17 years. His opinions and arguments hold as much water as ours, but it doesn't have to make sense to you or anyone else.

Rambo's opinions can be criticized and when he is wrong we reserve the right to call him out on it. Ramiz has been smoking crack. Ajmal has a better ODI and Test average than Narine and there T-20 averages are not that far apart. Which proves Ajmal inspite of his defensive bowling at times still gets the job done more than Narine.

How about you take your own advice first? How many opinions have you respected?

Mamoon actually doesn't disrespect other opinions, and more importantly does not disrespect other people who disagree with him. I have never seen him insult another poster or cast aspersions against them. Whereas the amount of bitterness and abuse that he suffers for simply having different views on cricket is a testament of shame to many of the intolerant people who use this website.

"I prefer Narine over Ajmal" : Ramiz Raja

"We prefer Anybody over Ramiz Raja" : PakFans

Play the ball, not the man.

You don't like an opinion, you counter it and you explain why you disagree with it.

However, what has happened in this thread is the height of intolerance.

Ramiz maybe a sell out or fake, but I'd not put him down as one just because he has a different viewpoint on spin bowling than a lot of guys on this forum.

Play the ball, not the man.

You don't like an opinion, you counter it and you explain why you disagree with it.

However, what has happened in this thread is the height of intolerance.

Ramiz maybe a sell out or fake, but I'd not put him down as one just because he has a different viewpoint on spin bowling than a lot of guys on this forum.

As a poster here, I am not angry because someone said that Narine is better than Ajmal.

Rather I feel that Rameez is very inconsistent in his opinions. One day he will confer legendary status upon somebody,when that player is doing well and the next day he totally discredits him,if things are not going that particular players way. This sort of thinking is attributable to the fans who are passionate about the game but don't have any real cricketing knowledge.

He is a classical case of "chadhtay sooray ke pujaari"

Last edited:
As a poster here, I am not angry because someone said that Narine is better than Ajmal.

Rather I feel that Rameez is very inconsistent in his opinions. One day he will confer legendary status on somebody,when that player is doing well and the next day he totally discredits him,if things are not going that particular players way. This sort of thinking is attributable to the fans who are passionate about the game but don't have any real cricketing knowledge.

He is a classical case of "chadhtay sooray ke pujaari"

Fair enough, but people have gone overboard with criticism.

A lot of ex cricketers are generally fickle to be honest.

None more so than the likes of Shoaib Akhtar.

Rather I feel that Rameez is very inconsistent in his opinions. One day he will confer legendary status on somebody,when that player is doing well and the next day he totally discredits him,if things are not going that particular players way.

Er...that sounds familiar.

Has Narine being tonked like this in a International T20 AJmal has holed out twice now :facepalm:

Ajmal vs Narine: Who was a better bowler?

Even though now both of them have legal actions,They are no way near as effective as they were when they used to chuck but who do you think was better at chucking? I think Ajmal was a wicket taking bowler but Narine was a really economic bowler who would be useful in LOIs as he would bowl single figure spells in his quota which could change the pattern of the match and it wasn't easy for batsmen to pick him up whereas Ajmal used to bashed even when he was a chucker

Ajmal was easily a better bowler. Easily. Narine has a Test average over 40 despite being a chucker as well

Both were found to be chuckers when they were most successful, but since both have had clean actions Narine is miles ahead

So after Ajmal got his action legal, all he did is whined, and criticized ICC. Narine went back, kept on working and today he took 6 wickets against South Africa

'11 to win off 12 balls with Amla and Duminy at the crease. And Ajmal delivers a 2-run over, with Amla's wicket thrown in'

Yea Ramiz Talk Nah. :viv

To be fair, it wouldn't have taken much to get that result:amla

Very nice to see Narine do well with a changed action. This man told WICB to don't select him because he still needed to do work on his action, and he missed out on some nice entry fees for the 2015 WC and this recent t20 WC. He was dedicated and wasn't just going through the motions, and he retained his tenacity. Ajmal whined too much, but even if he tried he was already failing with an illegal action near the end of 2013.

Narine's action is still not 100% clear to me (just my opinion), there is still a bit in his action

Not convinced with his action. He was chucking in IPL, Chucking in yesterday's match too. SA were robbed by blatant cheating.

Excellent by him, he waited for long long time, he himself opted out from series and worked on his action, and damn whattay performance by him.

I think he ll reported soon once again

what was his result reading btw when he cleared the test? any one knows?

I won't be surprised if he is slipping in a few chucked deliveries here or there. No way were all of his deliveries yesterday aboveboard.

Narine just has an aura about him. I think he's the most entertaining to watch spinner since Warnie.

Narine is getting the advantage of ICC overdoing the "dubious action" staff. Now, they are reluctant to call bowlers with higher reputation, particularly if he is an IPL regular. I saw the game yesterday - I want honest comments from posters here -

If Taskin can be called for bowling action, how legitimate Narnine's action is or was in his 6/27 effort?

Narine is getting the advantage of ICC overdoing the "dubious action" staff. Now, they are reluctant to call bowlers with higher reputation, particularly if he is an IPL regular. I saw the game yesterday - I want honest comments from posters here -

If Taskin can be called for bowling action, how legitimate Narnine's action is or was in his 6/27 effort?

I saw a tweet from a reporter during the IPL that eventhough Narine was cleared, majority of players were still thinking behind the screens that he was chucking in the IPL.

Rambo was right on the money.

Early days but Narine the bowler looks much better than Ajmal the bowler, while as chuckers they were pretty much comparable. Was pretty decent in the BBL as well, leading wicket-taker. I think he is going to be the key for Qalandars as far as bowling is concerned.

Back