"I tried my best not to take any step which could create chaos in the country": Imran Khan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Former prime minister and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has announced that his party’s “Haqeqi Azadi” march will not head towards Islamabad as he does not want to spread chaos and anarchy in the country.

“They [government] cannot afford Islamabad march... they cannot stop millions from entering Islamabad. We could have created create Sri Lanka-like situation,” he said while addressing the party’s gathering in Rawalpindi on Saturday.

But, he added that the party has decided to quit all legislative assemblies in the country in a bid to force the incumbent rulers to announce early elections.

“If riots take place then things will get out of everyone’s hands. I tried my best not to take any step which could create chaos in the country,” he added.

“Today I am deciding against marching on Islamabad because we don’t want to spread anarchy in the country,” he announced. “We will not remain part of this corrupt system. We have decided to quit all legislative assemblies.”

Imran said he had discussed the matter of stepping down from all legislative with the chief ministers and final decision in this regard will be announced after PTI’s parliamentary party meeting.

“Instead of causing harm to our country it is better to leave this corrupt system,” he added.

The deposed premier earlier landed in Islamabad for the 'climax' of the Haqeeqi Azadi march and arrived in Rawalpindi to address his first public gathering after being injured in a gun attack earlier this month.

“When I was leaving for Rawalpindi from Lahore, everyone advised me against travelling due to wounds in my leg,” the former PM said at the start of his address.

Secondly, Imran said his aides also warned him not to address the public rally in Rawalpindi as “three culprits holding top portfolios will attempt again to kill me”.

“Many prime ministers come and go but public never came out in such large number like they gathered here for me,” he added.

Imran said there would be no difference between animals and humans if people of the country accepted the rulers who came to power through ‘NRO’.

“No society can prosper where there is no rule of law.”

Imran said overseas Pakistanis are standing with him because they are aware of the importance of the rule of law.

“If Pakistan is in difficult situation today it’s not because we are short of resources but due to the absence of rule of law.”

Imran said families like Sharifs and Zardaris are responsible for weakening Pakistan’s institutions in a bid to protect their “looted wealth”.

“I felt ashamed when I had to ask for loans from other countries when I was prime minister.”

Despite all challenges including Covid-19, Imran said his government successfully revived the country’s ailing economy.

“What crime did we commit that our government was toppled through foreign conspiracy,” he asked.

However, Imran admitted that he failed to bring powerful under the law. “Because NAB was under the control of establishment and they [NAB] told me that all cases were ready but they were not receiving orders from the top”.

“Establishment told me to focus on economy and stop pursuing corruption cases… they did not consider corruption wrong. Those who had power did not consider corruption bad.

“Establishment was not part of conspiracy but they did not stop their [then opposition] conspiracy to come to power.”

‘There were three shooters’

The former premier claimed that three shooters were deployed in Wazirabad for his assassination plot.

“Mozzam was shot dead by third shooter… a third shooter was there to kill the [prime suspect] so that he does not open his mouth,” he said while likening attempt on his life to the assassination of late prime minster Liaquat Ali Khan.

‘Country is mine, army is mine’

Imran said he criticised institutions including military establishment and judiciary because “I have to live and die here”.

“My criticism of institutions is positive. I want to strengthen the defence of the country. This country is mine… army is mine.”

“I will fight for the country till the last drop of my blood. I want my country to achieve real freedom. History will bear witness that Imran Khan fought for the country till the last ball.”

He said the one who increased his assets and violated human rights will be judged by history as whether his actions benefited or caused harm to the country.

“Freedom has to be snatched. No one serves it out on plate. My movement for real freedom will continue until we free our people from [slavery].”

Imran said he had announced staging a power show in Islamabad to pile pressure on “imported government” and institutions to hold early elections in the country.

“Without a stable government economy can never be stabilised… we came here to put pressure on government and institutions so that they play their role for elections.”

Imran said PML-N chief and former premier Nawaz Sharif was a major hurdle in holding early polls as the former “is taking all decisions sitting in London”.

“The real problem is that convict [Nawaz] sitting in London who is running away from elections… it does not make any difference for Sharif and Zardari if country defaults because their billion are stashed abroad.”

The PTI chief said the country’s economy is sinking fast and inflation is rising. “There is no other way to save economy except holding elections,” he maintained.

“Elections are need of the hour to save the country from going further downhill.”

Azam Swati

PTI leader Azam Swati, while addressing the participants of the long march, questioned the outgoing army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa’s statement that the military had distanced itself from political affairs in February this year.

He also reiterated that he will expose those individuals who allegedly made his private video.

“General Asim Munir [the incoming chief of army staff] you are brave chief of our army. We have nothing to do with you… strengthen your institution,” he added.

Imran Khan had earlier arrived at the venue of the party’s power show in thunderous applaus from the participants of the rally.

Express Tribune

Imran won’t be able to dissolve Punjab assembly, claims Sanaullah

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has claimed that the PTI will not be able to dissolve the Punjab Assembly as a no confidence motion was ready to be moved.

Sanaullah, while speaking on Geo News show Naya Pakistan, said once the requisition has been made, the ruling party will not be able to dissolve the assembly.

The minister deemed Imran’s decision to quit all assemblies “admission of his failure”.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">عمران خان کا تمام اسمبلیوں سے نکلنے کا فیصلہ- <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%AD%D9%82%DB%8C%D9%82%DB%8C_%D8%A2%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%AF%DB%8C_%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%DA%AF_%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%DA%86?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#حقیقی_آزادی_لانگ_مارچ</a> <a href="https://t.co/66RsqVDWMn">pic.twitter.com/66RsqVDWMn</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1596527955865370624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 26, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First setting everything on fire he's playing the fireman! This is why the Indian media is so pleased with him. Gaurav Arya has become a big PTI and IK fan now!

My way or highway mentality being shown by PTI. They have 3 provincial governments so why can't they work in the system and improve things from the inside? Now after this pronouncement, Imran should not partake in any future elections since the system is so corrupt and beyond repair in his view.

First setting everything on fire he's playing the fireman! This is why the Indian media is so pleased with him. Gaurav Arya has become a big PTI and IK fan now!

Nothing has been set on fire except by your thugs sponsored by their Foreign pay masters. If your crooks had 1% of his support then wouldn't have hesitated to use their thugs. IK has been attacked and has attacked no one. You ran away before when I asked you a single issue he has been wrong.

My way or highway mentality being shown by PTI. They have 3 provincial governments so why can't they work in the system and improve things from the inside? Now after this pronouncement, Imran should not partake in any future elections since the system is so corrupt and beyond repair in his view.

The mafia needs to be destroyed and Kaptaan needs to gl for a 2/3 majority or nothing will change.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI facesaving flop show is anticlimactic. Unable to pull revolution crowds, failed at undermining appointments of new chiefs, frustrated, resorts to resignation drama. Imran demand from pindi is not azadi but to be reselected. How long will KP&Punjab be used as political props?</p>— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBhuttoZardari/status/1596540311677071361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 26, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Imran admits PTI creates violence through its political slogan?

Good decision. Stay home and enjoy the England tour.

Nothing has been set on fire except by your thugs sponsored by their Foreign pay masters. If your crooks had 1% of his support then wouldn't have hesitated to use their thugs. IK has been attacked and has attacked no one. You ran away before when I asked you a single issue he has been wrong.

"Your thugs" shows your immature logic!. Rather you never answer my rebuttals running back behind the tree as usual:ht You see ace IK didn't even want the new army general unless he licked his boots and supported the PTI. He lost that one as well and is now sucking up to the American's. Refusing to support IK does not make me a supporter of Nawaz, Zardari or Shahbaaz. He was wrong on liberating IoK and having Aafa Siddiqui released but his lies is so obvious that he no longer feels any shame.

Just hope the poor residents of Avonsfield don’t have to feel the wrath of the comfortably settled UK PTI supporters because of this decision

Th law abiding PTI supporters like stopping the traffic and people getting on with every day life in Pak and the UK. There leader is so loved in India now that they are offering financial help to the PTI. Thing is whoever is the Pak General IK will have a problem with him. What IK really wants is complete control of Pakistan and it's every institution. He calls Modi "Hitler" yet ignores when he supports extremists himself. Remember this man believes women are raped for the way they dress even in Pakistan!

He's done a pretty good job in those provinces hence his popularity there, but you would expect any true leader of Pakistan to want to uplift the whole nation.

He has done the right thing by calling the march off. The enemy would have been delighted to see complete chaos in Islamabad that would have inevitably followed. Pakistan is much bigger and important then Imran Khan's incredibly over inflated ego. It could be that General Asim Munir told him to sit down and back off from his stupidity off inviting civil conflict.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/26/ex-pakistan-pm-imran-khan-calls-off-march-to-avoid

Just hope the poor residents of Avonsfield don’t have to feel the wrath of the comfortably settled UK PTI supporters because of this decision

They lucky they dont live in Birmingham. :)

Pakistan is lucky to have Imran, the change will come now, sooner or later esp with Yanks declining in global power.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I want to thank all the people who came in such huge numbers from across Pakistan to our Rawalpindi Azadi March yeaterday. Our Tehreek will continue until we establish rule of law and real freedom. <a href="https://t.co/kTDBTVCwN2">pic.twitter.com/kTDBTVCwN2</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1596709059939696640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Th law abiding PTI supporters like stopping the traffic and people getting on with every day life in Pak and the UK. There leader is so loved in India now that they are offering financial help to the PTI. Thing is whoever is the Pak General IK will have a problem with him. What IK really wants is complete control of Pakistan and it's every institution. He calls Modi "Hitler" yet ignores when he supports extremists himself. Remember this man believes women are raped for the way they dress even in Pakistan!

I might get attacked for saying this; I wished Pakistan had a leader like Modi. Like him or hate him; he is a professional politician who can run a diverse country like India. In Pakistan the choice is between PDM; who are corrupt and clueless, and PTI; who are less corrupt but more clueless.

He has no option really. With the early retirement of Gen. Faiz he is now back to same position as he was in 2011-2016.
Without establishment assistance you are nothing in Pakistan. And he has realised that newly appointed COAS will not help his case anyways as bajwas doctrine has already failed him and now they need complete failure of PDM/PMLN government in order to bring him back which will not gonna happen

This is not looking well! PDM will simply call by-elections on vacant seats. Nothing changes!

This is not looking well! PDM will simply call by-elections on vacant seats. Nothing changes!

But i am not convinced that IK will dissolve any assembly because nobody is happy with leaving a government. Its just a threat given by IK which he should realize now that will not work anyways now
If he has to dissolve the assemblies then he should do it immedietely rather than giving dates. It just a delaying tactic to see government/pdm reaction

He has no option really. With the early retirement of Gen. Faiz he is now back to same position as he was in 2011-2016.
Without establishment assistance you are nothing in Pakistan. And he has realised that newly appointed COAS will not help his case anyways as bajwas doctrine has already failed him and now they need complete failure of PDM/PMLN government in order to bring him back which will not gonna happen

Please explain further.

Backing Imran Khan’s stance, the Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa governments on Saturday asserted that they would dissolve the provincial assemblies the moment the PTI Chairman ordered.

Earlier in the day, the PTI chief during a public gathering in Rawalpindi said that that his party’s “Haqeeqi Azadi” march would not head towards Islamabad as he did not want to spread chaos and anarchy in the country.

Instead, the PTI chairman said the party had decided to quit all legislative assemblies in a bid to force the incumbent rulers to announce early elections.

“Today I am deciding against marching on Islamabad because we don’t want to spread anarchy in the country,” he announced. “We will not remain part of this corrupt system. We have decided to quit all legislative assemblies.”

Imran said he had discussed the matter of stepping down with the chief ministers and a final decision in this regard would be announced after PTI’s parliamentary party meeting.

Commenting on the development, PML-Q leader and former federal minister Moonis Elahi vowed to dissolve the Punjab Assembly the moment the PTI chief ordered.

In a tweet, the PML-Q leader said the Almighty succeeded them on July 27 and Pervaiz Elahi, his father, was elected the chief minister of Punjab.

He added that “they stood by their promise” and “would dissolve the Punjab Assembly the moment Imran Khan ordered”.

K-P Labour Minister Shaukat Yousafzai also hinted at dissolving the provincial assembly.

Yousafzai said the K-P Assembly would be dissolved on the orders of Imran Khan, adding that a final decision in this regard would be taken after consultation.

Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif also spoke on same lines, saying the provincial assembly would be dissolved after discussion.

He said the federal government would lose its mandate and moral authority after the two assemblies are dissolved.

Express Tribune

Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) Vice-President Maryam Nawaz on Saturday has said in a tweet that all of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan’s plans had foiled miserably.

Responding to the PTI march, she termed it as the most unsuccessful one so far.

Leveling allegations against PTI chief, the PML-N leader said that Imran Khan’s 9-year plan didn’t work - without specifying what that plan was.

She went on to say that his plan to oust PML-N-led government through conspiracy did not bear fruitful result as PML-N continues to hold the reins of the federal government with the help of allies.

Commenting on some earlier speculations that PTI might cause hindrance in the selection of the new army chief, she termed the presidential nod as PTI’s failure.

Bashing Imran for not being able to have a say in the new army chief selection, the PML-N leader said he could not even make the new appointment controversial.

Maryam Nawaz said that those failures were the “fate of conspirators”.

Express Tribune

Fake messiah chickening out. He is scared. Another U-turn. :)))

He knows it is game over for him after the appointment of the new COAS. He has let his followers down again.

Time to close his chapter.

LAHORE: The expected arrival of Pakistan Peoples Party leader Asif Ali Zardari in the Punjab capital early next week is generating considerable debate in political circles that the PML-N-led coalition gov*ernment in the Centre is considering making a move in Punjab, especially after ******tan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief’s announcement that his party may soon ‘quit’ all assemblies.

“The PTI has become jittery after learning that Mr Zardari is coming to Lahore. The PPP lea*der is a kingmaker. The Pun*jab government can be sent packing with his one gesture,” PPP parliamentary leader in the Punjab Assembly Hasan Murtaza claimed here on Saturday.

Mr Zardari’s expected arri*val in Lahore is being seen in the context of his ‘art’ of political manoeuvering and making the impossible possible, which he proved in July during the re-election of the Punjab chief minister. The former president had managed to take on board PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain to ditch his own cousin Chaudhry Parvez Elahi and direct his party’s 10 MPAs in the Punjab legislature not to vote for Mr Elahi in the CM’s election for the benefit of Hamza Shehbaz. Shujaat’s son Salik Hussain is a federal minister in Shehbaz Sharif’s cabinet.

Besides, Mr Zardari was also known to have played a ‘key role’ in causing defections within the PTI in April and convincing a good number of its MNAs to switch sides to make sure the no-confidence motion against the then premier Imran Khan succeeded. The coalition later made PTI dissident and former PPP jiyala Raja Riaz the opposition leader in the National Assembly apparently on the recommendation of Mr Zardari.

Acting president of the PPP Punjab, Rana Farooq Saeed, told Dawn that the PTI MPAs in Punjab who had been promised ministries were not happy with the leadership. “Who knows, such disgruntled lawmakers may say goodbye to Imran Khan in the coming days. Mr Zardari may pull up a surprise for his political opponents in this regard,” he remarked.

The PPP leader further said Mr Zardari would also evolve strategies to strengthen the party in Punjab. “I have proposed that the PPP contest the next general elections independently, which will benefit the party,” he said, adding he had forwarded a list of potential candidates to the leadership whom the party should extend financial support so they could actively start canvassing in their constituencies well before the polls.

Commenting on Mr Khan’s announcement that his party’s lawmakers would resign from all provincial assemblies, Mr Saeed said: “Time will tell whether all of the PTI MPAs in Punjab will agree to this.”

Recently, PML-N leaders Rana Mashhood, Attaullah Tarar and Malik Ahmad Khan had claimed a ‘plan’ had been devised to topple the PTI-PML-Q government in Punjab.

Talking to Dawn, PM’s Special Assistant Attaullah Tarar said the PML-N-led coalition had even held a meeting on efforts to oust the Punjab government. “We are going to sit in Punjab and establish contacts with [PTI and PML-Q] lawmakers in the province. Soon, the federal coalition will succeed in forming its government here as well.”

“Mr Khan’s announcement is a face-saving tactic to end his so-called long march. The PTI cannot dissolve the Punjab Assembly, as PML-Q’s Chaudhry Parvez Elahi is the chief minister. Besides, a good number of PTI MPAs in Punjab are not happy with their leadership and they will never resign on Khan’s order,” PML-N Punjab Information Secretary Azma Bokhari told Dawn on Saturday.

She stressed that the ruling coalition in Islamabad was all set to target Punjab, and in the coming days, signs of dislodging ofthe provincial government would become visible.

When asked if Mr Zardari was set to camp in Lahore in this regard, Ms Bokhari said: “The coalition has decided to launch efforts to topple the PTI-PML-Q government in Punjab.”

Published in Dawn, November 27th, 2022

PTI followers have been left stranded & confused in Islamabad for the second consecutive time. Last time he ran away with his tail between his legs after 1 day. This time, he didn’t even have the courage to show up. :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hard to understand what is going on; since we are in an unprecedented situation. No politician, except Imran Khan, has taken on the army without being killed or exiled. On one hand, Imran Khan will keep on escalating; but without army support he cannot succeed. On the other hand the army cannot harm Imran Khan without losing public support. The only option seems to be a deal between Imran Khan and the army; yet the new COAS may be unwilling. Pakistan seems headed for a prolonged period of instability.

He has zero regard & respect for his supporters. Last time around, several supporters died during the long march only for him to run away from Islamabad after one day.

This time around, he did not even show up. Thousands of people travelled to Islamabad from all over the country. They made an effort & struggled.

They spent money on fuel, food etc. and more importantly, their time that could have been used elsewhere. It was an opportunity cost. He does not care about any of that. What does he expect them to do after wasting their time & money like this?

Just pack up their bags and go back to where they came from? Will his party reimburse & compensate these people?

PTI supporters living in the West and offering social media support do not care, it does not make any difference to them. They have already made their priorities clear.

However, think about the actual supporters who are on the battleground with him. The ones who are living in Pakistan & also attend his long marches. Think about how they must be feeling right now. Let down & cheated for sure.

Imagine spending thousands of rupees in fuel, food, medication etc. and taking time out from work, business, holiday etc. and traveling all the way to Islamabad from different parts of the city to support your leader in this supposedly historic long march, only for him to take back out in the last minute.

Absolutely humiliating for his supporters and a show of not only cowardice but a blatant lack of care & respect for the people who follow you.

Don't understand why IK would announce his intentions to dissolve the assemblies first and say that he intends to discuss it with his party first. Why give his opponents the knowledge on what he is going to do exactly? Why not just do it immediately?

Don't understand why IK would announce his intentions to dissolve the assemblies first and say that he intends to discuss it with his party first. Why give his opponents the knowledge on what he is going to do exactly? Why not just do it immediately?

He's always been more talk than action.

Moonis backs Imran’s call as opponents remain cynical

ISLAMABAD: After former prime minister Imran Khan announced his intention to dissolve the provincial assemblies of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the government played down his declaration as a “facing-saving” effort, while ******tan Muslim League (PML-Q) leaders said Punjab CM Parvez Elahi would not think twice before dissolving the provincial assembly on the advice of the Pakistan Tehre*ek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman.

The PTI chief announced on Saturday a change to his plan of marching on the capital, instead announcing his party’s intention to opt for mass resignations from the provincial assemblies, in an apparent bid to force the government’s hand.

Sticking by Mr Khan, Moonis Elahi said his father was able to become the chief minister of Punjab with the help of the PTI chairman and the PML-Q intended to keep its promises made to him.

“On July 27, Allah made us victorious and made @ChParvezElahi CM. Since that day our time in power is a bonus. We are sticking to our promise. Whenever [MENTION=5335]imrankhan[/MENTION]PTI asked [for dissolution], the Punjab Assembly will be dissolved,” he said in a tweet soon after the PTI chief’s statement.

Similarly, PML-Q MNA Hussain Elahi also stated CM Elahi would not think twice before dissolving Pun*jab Assembly as soon as dir*ected by the PTI chairman. In a tweet, Hussain Elahi stated that his party was standing with Imran Khan and would keep standing with him. “Whatever date is an**n*ounced, CM Parvez Elahi will dissolve Punjab Asse*m*bly without giving it a second thought,” the PML-Q leader stated.

PTI leader Shaukat You*safzai, a minister in the KP government, told Geo News the announcement made by Mr Khan was the only way to take the country out of the crisis. He said the KP lawm*akers would resign inst*an*tly on Imran Khan’s call. He, however, did not say if the decision to resign from the KP assembly had been finalised.

‘Face-saving’

Members of the federal government, on the other hand, took potshots at the PTI chairman for giving such a statement in a bid to save himself from “embarrassment” after an “anticlimactic” long march that apparently ended in Pindi instead of its original destination, Islamabad.

PPP Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari termed the statement a “drama”. “PTI face-saving flop show is anticlimactic. Unable to pull revolution crowds, failed at undermining appointments of new chiefs, frustrated, re**sorts to resignation drama,” said Mr Bhutto-Zardari.

“Imran’s demand from Pindi is not Azadi [freedom] but to be reselected,” he quipped, asking, “How long will KP&Punjab [provinces ruled by PTI] be used as political props?”

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said the PTI chief’s announcement was akin to admitting defeat and saving himself and his party from “embarrassment”.

The PML-N leader stated that the opposition in Punjab and KP would not let the PTI dissolve assemblies and added that the Pakistan De**mocratic Movement (PDM) would give the Imran-led part*y a tough time in KP. The minister assemblies should complete their tenure and elections should be held on time.

PPP leader Qamar Zaman Kaira said the former prime minister will not go ahead with this move and claimed that the PTI chairman would take a U-turn on his announcement.

“By announcing to quit assemblies [MENTION=5335]imrankhan[/MENTION]PTI confesses that all his plans have come cropping down. National Assembly working without PTI MNAs. Punjab & KP assemblies can be dissolved but only if its CMs don’t face no-trust vote,” said PPP leader Farhatullah Babar.

He, however, agreed that the move by Mr Khan was a “reasonable face-saving strategy”.

PML-N leader Javed Latif also termed the statement of Mr Khan a “face-saving”. He could not force the government to provide him a face-saving so he resorted to the announcement of resignation from provincial assemblies. “They will never make the mistake of leaving the assemblies and if they resign from the assemblies we will use our constitutional options,” he added.

DAWN

Everyone anticipating Imran’s U-turn on assembly resignations: PML-N’s Hina Parvez Butt

PML-N leader Hina Parvez Butt has said that everyone was now waiting for when former prime minister Imran Khan would take a “U-turn on the resignations from assemblies”.

Taking to Twitter on Sunday afternoon, she termed the PTI chairman’s announcement at the long march merely a “failed attempt to save face”.

:)) he ran away. The fans were left standed. When establishment doesnt fund your rallies, this is what happens

He has zero regard & respect for his supporters. Last time around, several supporters died during the long march only for him to run away from Islamabad after one day.

This time around, he did not even show up. Thousands of people travelled to Islamabad from all over the country. They made an effort & struggled.

They spent money on fuel, food etc. and more importantly, their time that could have been used elsewhere. It was an opportunity cost. He does not care about any of that. What does he expect them to do after wasting their time & money like this?

Just pack up their bags and go back to where they came from? Will his party reimburse & compensate these people?

PTI supporters living in the West and offering social media support do not care, it does not make any difference to them. They have already made their priorities clear.

However, think about the actual supporters who are on the battleground with him. The ones who are living in Pakistan & also attend his long marches. Think about how they must be feeling right now. Let down & cheated for sure.

Imagine spending thousands of rupees in fuel, food, medication etc. and taking time out from work, business, holiday etc. and traveling all the way to Islamabad from different parts of the city to support your leader in this supposedly historic long march, only for him to take back out in the last minute.

Absolutely humiliating for his supporters and a show of not only cowardice but a blatant lack of care & respect for the people who follow you.

Funny thing is, he doesnt walk with the masses. He relies on vip movement and helicopters.

Atleast bhutto rode the trains and was amongst his people.

Pti fans havent come right since march. First they said this VONC would fail, than they say watch Imran do something for this VONC to end, than they made claims this govt cant last elections happening in three months, than they said elections will happen in october, than they said they will take down bajwa and co, than they said they will sabotage the new coas through the president. In between they said they will expose usa and all other entities, they even lost seats yhey had before in the by elections that also failed, and the last of all, they believed the biggest march of Pakistan was going to take place. Only a few came and the leader ran away like a jackel to save his face.

"Your thugs" shows your immature logic!. Rather you never answer my rebuttals running back behind the tree as usual:ht You see ace IK didn't even want the new army general unless he licked his boots and supported the PTI. He lost that one as well and is now sucking up to the American's. Refusing to support IK does not make me a supporter of Nawaz, Zardari or Shahbaaz. He was wrong on liberating IoK and having Aafa Siddiqui released but his lies is so obvious that he no longer feels any shame.

You got no rebuttals, your rants make no sense and are total nonsense. One of the reasons given by those close to the establishment for the coup is that Kaptaan was too much against Ind and America. Najam Sethi-The darling of the establishment these days has said it many it times. Kaptaan ended the fake outrage from PK and its establishment and banned trade with Ind over Kashmir, except war that is the strongest action you can take. You claimed IK was above the law but couldn't actually give one example. Which law is he above? Let's hear which law he is above.

Don't blame ik on kashmir

Kashmir was sold under musharraf when he declared the resistance groups many from punjab all terrorists and arrested and killed them many of these people later joined ttp and were killed off famous one being ilyas kashmiri

The Charlie's have had 4 wars to liberate kashmir and they failed miserably on all 4 incursions the last one in 1999 got nearly the Northern light infantry wiped out and they had to sent ganja running and sweating to the usa to save their backsides.

Don't blame ik on kashmir

Kashmir was sold under musharraf when he declared the resistance groups many from punjab all terrorists and arrested and killed them many of these people later joined ttp and were killed off famous one being ilyas kashmiri

The Charlie's have had 4 wars to liberate kashmir and they failed miserably on all 4 incursions the last one in 1999 got nearly the Northern light infantry wiped out and they had to sent ganja running and sweating to the usa to save their backsides.

Hang on you have a problem calling someone terrorists who ended up joining a different terrorist group which they share similar ideology with. How come “resistance” groups have become “terrorists”
When they join a different group.

This “good Taliban” “bad Taliban” style of justification is what is messing up Pakistan.

:)) he ran away. The fans were left standed. When establishment doesnt fund your rallies, this is what happens

Really? So the establishment is funding rallies not us because before you accused of us if funding rallies( and you would be right, i have given money. You are not only an apologist for murderers( lest we forget Memon, Jokhio, Dr Rizwan etc but also very confused. Btw did you get the 1000 rps of Billo for his "long march" or is it still in the post:)):)):)):)):))

Yes Major. Hope all your corrupt majors and their respective billionaire daughter in laws are happy with the situation.

Elahi says owes Punjab govt to Imran, ‘won’t hesitate for a minute’ if asked to dissolve assembly

Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervez Elahi on Sunday brushed aside concerns of any resistance from him regarding PTI’s planned dissolution of Punjab assembly, acknowledging that he owed his government to PTI chief Imran Khan and would oblige to his instructions immediately.

Elahi is in power in Punjab due to the support of PTI, whose chairman a day earlier announced plans to “quit the corrupt system and leave all the assembles”.

Some analysts had doubted that Imran would be able to follow through with his plan, saying that Elahi would resist any such move.

However, in a video message today, the PML-Q leader said the incumbent Punjab government was established on the PTI chairman’s mandate, adding that “Imran has posed his trust in us.”

“When Imran tells me to dissolve the assemblies, I won’t even wait half a minute,” Elahi said, adding that “PM Shehbaz Sharif’s 27km-long [federal] government won’t even last for 27 hours” following the move.

The Punjab chief minister said that “the sea of applause from the people is a proof of Imran Khan’s popularity.”

He said the PTI chief’s political strategy had entered a decisive round in the Rawalpindi rally and that chaos will ensue among the PDM coalition’s ranks when resignations are tendered from the KP and Punjab assemblies.

He lambasted PML-N for “spewing lies”, saying that future generations of Nawaz Sharif’s party will remember what happened to them.

“In this country, religion will rule and the common man, including poor people and their children, will benefit from the government’s work,” he said.

Later, former human rights minister Shireen Mazari appreciated Elahi’s stance.

Elahi’s remarks echoed the thoughts of his son Moonis Elahi, who a day earlier had said that his father was able to become the chief minister with the help of the PTI chairman and the PML-Q intended to keep its promises made to him.

“Our time in power is a bonus. We are sticking to our promise. Whenever Imran Khan asks [for dissolution], the Punjab Assembly will be dissolved,” he had said in a tweet soon after the PTI chief’s statement.

PML-Q MNA Hussain Elahi had also stated CM Elahi would not think twice before dissolving Pun*jab Assembly as soon as dir*ected by the PTI chairman.

DAWN

Elahi says owes Punjab govt to Imran, ‘won’t hesitate for a minute’ if asked to dissolve assembly

Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervez Elahi on Sunday brushed aside concerns of any resistance from him regarding PTI’s planned dissolution of Punjab assembly, acknowledging that he owed his government to PTI chief Imran Khan and would oblige to his instructions immediately.

Elahi is in power in Punjab due to the support of PTI, whose chairman a day earlier announced plans to “quit the corrupt system and leave all the assembles”.

Some analysts had doubted that Imran would be able to follow through with his plan, saying that Elahi would resist any such move.

However, in a video message today, the PML-Q leader said the incumbent Punjab government was established on the PTI chairman’s mandate, adding that “Imran has posed his trust in us.”

“When Imran tells me to dissolve the assemblies, I won’t even wait half a minute,” Elahi said, adding that “PM Shehbaz Sharif’s 27km-long [federal] government won’t even last for 27 hours” following the move.

The Punjab chief minister said that “the sea of applause from the people is a proof of Imran Khan’s popularity.”

He said the PTI chief’s political strategy had entered a decisive round in the Rawalpindi rally and that chaos will ensue among the PDM coalition’s ranks when resignations are tendered from the KP and Punjab assemblies.

He lambasted PML-N for “spewing lies”, saying that future generations of Nawaz Sharif’s party will remember what happened to them.

“In this country, religion will rule and the common man, including poor people and their children, will benefit from the government’s work,” he said.

Later, former human rights minister Shireen Mazari appreciated Elahi’s stance.

Elahi’s remarks echoed the thoughts of his son Moonis Elahi, who a day earlier had said that his father was able to become the chief minister with the help of the PTI chairman and the PML-Q intended to keep its promises made to him.

“Our time in power is a bonus. We are sticking to our promise. Whenever Imran Khan asks [for dissolution], the Punjab Assembly will be dissolved,” he had said in a tweet soon after the PTI chief’s statement.

PML-Q MNA Hussain Elahi had also stated CM Elahi would not think twice before dissolving Pun*jab Assembly as soon as dir*ected by the PTI chairman.

DAWN

PE is a snake. Kaptaan must lose this snake as soon as possible

Another u-turn from the saviour :91:

I feel sorry for his supporters who actually blindly believe in this guy.

Last edited:
Another u-turn from the saviour :91:

I feel sorry for his supporters who actually blindly believe in this guy.

:)) this time hey literally took a U turn on Murree Road, never even enter Islamabad

I am all ok with Imran Khan’s U turns because the alternatives are lead by a guy who is now in bed with those who slapped all sorts of dirty labels on his mother and another who supposedly left Pakistan to get medicine years ago and hasn’t been back since.

It’s really a no brainer! Make a dozen more U turns Imran, as long as you eventually put these buffoons out of Pakistan(or in jail) and cleanup the army, nobody is complaining.

Indians claiming IK is all talk more action obviously don’t realize some of their countrymen call their PM “feku” hahaha

Indians claiming IK is all talk more action obviously don’t realize some of their countrymen call their PM “feku” hahaha

Indians are not reading his statements anymore unless be praises India’s foreign policy because it’s not being covered in Pakistan media itself as much.

We come on PP to see what he said.

:)) this time hey literally took a U turn on Murree Road, never even enter Islamabad

Lol at least the Pakistan-England first test will go ahead without any long march causing chaos in the region.

Indians are not reading his statements anymore unless be praises India’s foreign policy because it’s not being covered in Pakistan media itself as much.

We come on PP to see what he said.

…. And of course that somehow bestows upon you guys the expertise to claim “he is all talk and no action” … was it? Something along those lines?

You guys have no clue how Pakistan’s internal politics works. You won’t get anywhere trying to figure it out based on reading messages here from massive trolls such as the one bashing IK here, your own crappy media reporting, etc. NO!
The dynamics is a lot more complicated. This forum
Is at best a time pass for people sitting overseas trying to stay in touch with their roots or those in Pakistan trying to bash the overseas ones. Lol
That’s the sad truth! It’s a game of one upman ship that’s all!

…. And of course that somehow bestows upon you guys the expertise to claim “he is all talk and no action” … was it? Something along those lines?

You guys have no clue how Pakistan’s internal politics works. You won’t get anywhere trying to figure it out based on reading messages here from massive trolls such as the one bashing IK here, your own crappy media reporting, etc. NO!
The dynamics is a lot more complicated. This forum
Is at best a time pass for people sitting overseas trying to stay in touch with their roots or those in Pakistan trying to bash the overseas ones. Lol
That’s the sad truth! It’s a game of one upman ship that’s all!

Tbf to the Indian poster posting on IK he has time and again said Pakistan needs to take off Army’s interference from general elections, and he maintained that constantly when posters here were in love with the Establishment and when they weren’t.

I agree on other points as such.

Tbf to the Indian poster posting on IK he has time and again said Pakistan needs to take off Army’s interference from general elections, and he maintained that constantly when posters here were in love with the Establishment and when they weren’t.

I agree on other points as such.
Funny thing is IK is the only one who has taken the veil of the Pakistanis and showed them the true face of our military establishment. All the other leaders Indians seem to be in love with over IK, most notably the Sharifs are the biggest whores to the military establishment that “according to Indians” has been the reason behind all the wars/terrorist activities in India.

And yet somehow most of your countrymen find time to bash IK, it’s mind boggling! You guys should be singing his praises.

Funny thing is IK is the only one who has taken the veil of the Pakistanis and showed them the true face of our military establishment. All the other leaders Indians seem to be in love with over IK, most notably the Sharifs are the biggest whores to the military establishment that “according to Indians” has been the reason behind all the wars/terrorist activities in India.

And yet somehow most of your countrymen find time to bash IK, it’s mind boggling! You guys should be singing his praises.

Imran Khan is seen as someone with entertainment value. He is neither a threat by any stretch of imagination nor there is any hope of peace if he comes to power based on his little stint as Pm.

IK’s tweets on Modi, BJP, RSS etc don’t stand out either because the guy who replaces IK pretty much copy pasted the same tweets and pretty sure the next person will do the same. So that didn’t make a difference.

Initially a lot of Ik fans took offense when people called him a dummy or selected PM during banter. It’s not very difficult to find those posts. People said army had nothing to do with Imran’s election/ selection. I believe things changed fast on that regard when the same set of folk turned on the army leadership after he was dumped.

On top of that it was surreal to see him praising Indias foreign minister, even called Modi an honest bloke and recently his senator was praising our army chief :))

All this is not exactly validation but definitely funny to see how that cookie crumbled.

IK’s hardcore fans are the most rabid anti-India people I have seen yet it is hilarious to see IK praising India or the chaos he is creating only benefitting India if not at-least not harming it. That’s why Indians are taunting and replying back. There is 0 stake in what IK does for the average Indian nor most Indian politicians care about him as he has 0
power. Most of it as I said is just social media banter. Outside of that there isn’t much value for Imran’s politics. One thing for sure is he definitely is the most popular Pakistani in India or anywhere else . Is there really a debate on that?

You got no rebuttals, your rants make no sense and are total nonsense. One of the reasons given by those close to the establishment for the coup is that Kaptaan was too much against Ind and America. Najam Sethi-The darling of the establishment these days has said it many it times. Kaptaan ended the fake outrage from PK and its establishment and banned trade with Ind over Kashmir, except war that is the strongest action you can take. You claimed IK was above the law but couldn't actually give one example. Which law is he above? Let's hear which law he is above.

Your Kaptaan for once has done the right thing by calling his so called march off most likely after the ISI had a word or two with him. So what was the point of all this screaming then?

His childish supporters wanted chaos in Islamabad just so that your beloved IK could become the next PM putting him before the well being of the country. Ask yourself why has India been supporting IK so much as off late? When your fiercest enemy supports someone in your country then it says everything, only blind men and immature minds can not see the obvious.

Your Kaptaan was giving India the same boring and repetitive lectures on peace whilst they were laughing at him. India revoked article 370 then laughed at your darling's face making a complete idiot out off him calling him a "coward" and all. All he did was arrange a few hundred people gathering every Sunday in Islamabad as a form of protest!

Why does IK never give a proper reply too all these expensive gifts he's been receiving?

I might get attacked for saying this; I wished Pakistan had a leader like Modi. Like him or hate him; he is a professional politician who can run a diverse country like India. In Pakistan the choice is between PDM; who are corrupt and clueless, and PTI; who are less corrupt but more clueless.

I have always said that Pak needs a Presidential system. The current so called democracy simply does not work in Pak. IK is a coward and his PTI more of a personality cult then anything else. Take him out of the PTI and his cult of a party will die the next day. I am not doubting his love for the country rather it is his attitude that is wrong. His stubbornness is not how a leader is or should be.

Modi showed guts in revoking article 370. That was what really exposed Imran Khan for the massive coward he is then he is always sucking up to India telling them the virtues of peace as if they don't know!

Rich words coming from you.

Now answer the following:-

1) Has hamza showbaz compensated Punjab province for the illegal (per Supreme court of Pakistan ) decisions he took after staging a fake voting session in a hotel and using it to illegally take over Punjab for months?

2) Where has maryam chor daughter of ganja traitor stashed the $70 million given to her by Michelle Obama as none of it have been spent on its intended purpose of girls schools?

3) Pervaiz Elahi was physically assaulted and a PTI female member killed in the Punjab assembly by the mafia traitor party pmln who also damaged expensive paintings in the assembly, has your chor party reimbursed the province for said damage and murder and injuring of PTI and PMLQ members and leaders?

4) Why does your najaiz government need charity of those who we do not name to force their way into power and come up with all sorts of lies to prevent elections, yet when forced to hold elections, PTI thrashes your hypocrites on each seat? Also mention who will reimburse Pakistan for the fake propaganda spread by convicted criminal maryam on taxpayers money, along with the waste of a countrys funds they looted on enforcing containers (like the true darpok rana the murderer is) when PTI never went for a long march? How about the money wasted on fake cases against Arshad Sharif, Imran Riaz, Jameel Farooqui, torture and again fake cases against Azam Swati and Shehbaz Gill, who will reimburse Pakistan for that, the dad of pmln traitors or you will?

4) Who will repay Pakistan for the lobbying coward ganja financed using taxpayer funds for his own image and to defame Pakistans army whilst overseas for his imaginary medical treatment?

5) Why does pmln need a corrupt COAS to have their open and shut corruption cases delayed to avoid needing to repay Pakistan for their theft and looting?

Let me rephrase Imran's statement " I have always taken steps to plunge the country into chaos".

Question to the notorious PDM supporters. There main propogated gripe against IK and the PTI govt was the economic mismanagement, inflation and deteriorating economic indicators.

The state of the economy, the economic indicators under the so called experienced competent PDM govt is ten times worse than the pti govt something which even Miftah Ismail has now publically acknowledged and he has also blamed Ishaq Dars policies from 2013 to 2017 for the root cause of all the ills the Pakistani economy is facing today.

Why do you badniyat troika avoid talking about the current state of the economy as if it is not even an issue anymore just like the notorious PDM lifafa news anchors like Najam Sethi, Ghareeda Farooqi, Mansoor Ali Khan?

Nice way for IK to end the long march without losing face. He has a few decent options now.

One follow through and actually dissolve the Punjab and KPK elections and go for provincial elections which he will win. Only drawback is that PDM might have the numbers to topple his govt in Punjab.

Second option is to drag out the dissolving of the assemblies for a few months, and then say for the sake of the country that he wont hold two elections in a short period of time and just go for elections as scheduled.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) central leader Usman Dar said Sunday that Imran Khan was being contacted to withdraw his decision to dissolve the assemblies, ARY News reported.

While talking to ARY News special transmission, Usman Dar alleged that the ruling parties want to loot Pakistan for eight more months. Dar claimed that the ruling coalition was shaken by Imran Khan’s announcement to dissolve the Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) assemblies.

He said that Khan made the decision in the best interests of the country. The PTI leader said that Imran Khan does not want to intensify political turmoil in Pakistan.

Answering a question, Usman Dar clarified that Punjab Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi is in contact with Imran Khan.

Earlier in the day, Punjab CM Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi clarified his political party’s stance on Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan’s call for the dissolution of the Punjab Assembly.

CM Pervaiz Elahi said in a statement today that the Punjab government is the trust of Imran Khan and PML-Q leadership will not leave its allies alone after making promises. He said that Shehbaz Sharif-led government would never run even a day after the dissolution of assemblies following the MPAs’ mass resignations.

The chief minister clarified that they will not wait for a single minute if Imran Khan ordered to dissolve the assemblies. He added that Imran Khan was given a new life by Allah Almighty and his political strategy entered the decisive phase.

Pervaiz Elahi said that the massive public gatherings prove Imran Khan’s popularity. The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) alliance will be shattered after the mass resignations of the MPAs.

He censured Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) for spreading lies. He claimed that the ruling political party will face humiliation in the next elections.

The chief minister said that the common people will be uplifted by the Punjab government. He vowed that the citizens will also get free medical facilities for cancer treatment soon.

On Saturday, former prime minister and PTI Chairman Imran Khan announced that his party has decided to quit all the assemblies in his address to a public meeting in Rawalpindi.

IK was not the first politician to ty to pressurize a govt with a long march. Nawaz and Benazir did this as well. Heck even TLP had a long march not too long ago.

Some benefits that PTI got from the Long March are as follows:
1 - By demanding early elections PDM to not appear weak would want to stay till the end of the term. This was a mistake for them as if they went for elections in April they would have won. Now they are the ones who are unpopular and not PTI
2 - PDM cannot play the anti establishment card. PTI is getting the anti establishment votes now.
3 - PDM can no longer blame PTI for the economy. They own it. And the economy is not going to get better in the next 9 months.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has summoned a meeting of its parliamentary party in the Punjab Assembly to discuss options available for dislodging the alliance of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Muslim League (PML-Q) ruling the province or at least barring it from dissolving the assembly.

The parliamentary party will meet at PML-N’s provincial secretariat in Model Town on Monday (today) under the chairmanship of opposition leader Hamza Shehbaz.

PTI Chairman Imran Khan had announced in Rawalpindi on Saturday that party members would tender their resignations from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies, the two provinces where the Imran-led party is in power, to put pressure on the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) government in Centre for early elections across the country.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has summoned a meeting of its parliamentary party in the Punjab Assembly to discuss options available for dislodging the alliance of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Muslim League (PML-Q) ruling the province or at least barring it from dissolving the assembly.

The parliamentary party will meet at PML-N’s provincial secretariat in Model Town on Monday (today) under the chairmanship of opposition leader Hamza Shehbaz.

PTI Chairman Imran Khan had announced in Rawalpindi on Saturday that party members would tender their resignations from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies, the two provinces where the Imran-led party is in power, to put pressure on the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) government in Centre for early elections across the country.

This is my biggest frustration with IK. Why does he not just dissolve the assemblies in secrecy and then be done with it in one go? Why did he announce his intentions first before actually doing it given the Shaatir, ****** opposition time to pre empt and plan a counter strategy. Who actually advises IK in the pti?

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz – earlier seen challenging the PTI to give resignations and dissolve assemblies in its Punjab and K-P strongholds to seek fresh elections – has now backpedalled from its stance, saying that they will not concede to the latter’s demand of snap polls at any cost as they too have multiple options with them to safeguard their central government from the aftershocks of possible en masse resignations.

PTI chief Imran Khan’s announcement of quitting the system took many by surprise.

The fact that Imran made this announcement, that still was open to interpretation, to conclude a protracted intermittent march, which was scheduled to commence on November 26 after a brief hiatus, only added to the surprise factor.

The PTI chief had foretold that he will give a surprise on July 26 in Rawalpindi, meaning that this plan was not a last minute change of hearts.

The first reaction to land in the media was of Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, who said that they will move for a vote of no confidence in both Punjab and K-P to intercept the PTI from dissolving both assemblies, appraising that when a vote of no confidence is tabled, the house cannot be dissolved. However, this is not the only option the PML-N leaders claim to have with them.

According to Special Assistant to Prime Minister Ata Tarar, a meeting of the Punjab parliamentary committee has been called on Monday in Lahore, in which their legal team will also participate.

The meeting, he said, would be presided over by former Punjab chief minister Hamza Shehbaz. He said that during the meeting, available options would be discussed. He said that they have multiple options with them.

The most workable option, he said, was that instead of going towards a vote of no confidence, they can via the Punjab governor, ask the chief minister to take a vote of confidence. He said with the PTI announcing the decision to quit, the Punjab governor has a reason to believe that the Punjab CM has lost confidence of the majority of the house, legally empowering him to ask the CM to take a vote of no confidence.

Asked about any contacts with the PTI MPAs, he said that they don’t need to bank on any forward block. If the PTI is planning to resign, then with what moral capacity they will vote for the CM. They are confident, he said, that Pervaiz Elahi would not be able to secure the 186 votes needed to survive the confidence vote.
Asked about K-P, he said he did not have any information regarding K-P, adding that as of now, they have not yet finalised any plan.

On the other hand, Federal Minister Javed Latif presented a third option, claiming that they will bring governor’s rule in both provinces.

Asked about the legal issues, especially regarding the approval needed from President Arif Alvi, he said that they have a way around it – without elaborating any further.

Regarding K-P, he said that 51 per cent of the PTI MPAs have formed a forward block, the announcement of which would be made soon.

He said that with this many MPAs renegading from the party, the legal authority of the provincial command would lose its legitimacy.

Article 234 of the Constitution holds the president integral for this move, and without his consent this move seems highly unlikely to be even considered.

However, he conceded that the option to bring a vote of no confidence was there.

Express Tribune

Nice way for IK to end the long march without losing face. He has a few decent options now.

One follow through and actually dissolve the Punjab and KPK elections and go for provincial elections which he will win. Only drawback is that PDM might have the numbers to topple his govt in Punjab.

Second option is to drag out the dissolving of the assemblies for a few months, and then say for the sake of the country that he wont hold two elections in a short period of time and just go for elections as scheduled.

Sincere question, are you guys justifying this step for yourself to feel better or is this what exactly you were expecting when IK started this march ?

Imran Khan is seen as someone with entertainment value. He is neither a threat by any stretch of imagination nor there is any hope of peace if he comes to power based on his little stint as Pm.

IK’s tweets on Modi, BJP, RSS etc don’t stand out either because the guy who replaces IK pretty much copy pasted the same tweets and pretty sure the next person will do the same. So that didn’t make a difference.

Initially a lot of Ik fans took offense when people called him a dummy or selected PM during banter. It’s not very difficult to find those posts. People said army had nothing to do with Imran’s election/ selection. I believe things changed fast on that regard when the same set of folk turned on the army leadership after he was dumped.

On top of that it was surreal to see him praising Indias foreign minister, even called Modi an honest bloke and recently his senator was praising our army chief :))

All this is not exactly validation but definitely funny to see how that cookie crumbled.

IK’s hardcore fans are the most rabid anti-India people I have seen yet it is hilarious to see IK praising India or the chaos he is creating only benefitting India if not at-least not harming it. That’s why Indians are taunting and replying back. There is 0 stake in what IK does for the average Indian nor most Indian politicians care about him as he has 0
power. Most of it as I said is just social media banter. Outside of that there isn’t much value for Imran’s politics. One thing for sure is he definitely is the most popular Pakistani in India or anywhere else . Is there really a debate on that?

At the end of the day, you have to remember, either you deal with him, or you deal with the military establishment of Pakistan and you know fully well how that turns out. It is never pretty. So funnily enough, Imran is your chance for peace.

fyi, he has never talked about war with India, like your own PM does all the time just to get votes. Imran just wants to bring focus to the plight of Muslims in India. If somehow that rubs you guys off the wrong way, I wonder who is thin skinned one here.

Tum log Mumbai style attacks suffer kartey rehna, aur phir Saif Khan ki movies dekh ker hi khush ho jana jiss mien wo "under ghuss ker maarein gay" ki dhamkian deta hai. I guess that works better for you guys

I guess in a nutshell, tum logon ko chai walley ki chai chahiey, ya hamari? ya IK and peace? lol.

As I said you are overrating the value Indian government holds for Imran Khan.

If Pak army and politicians have side stepped him then Indian government especially the current one is long long way.

IK exposing the Pakistan army is just a “I told you so” moment for Indians and nothing more than that.

Personally nothing against Ik, most people think he is a little crazy but an honest guy with his own belief system. That’s pretty much a honest summarized opinion based on what I know . The anti-IK rhetoric is just banter because as I said every guy who loves IK seems to blindly hate Modi despite the fact that for all the criticism he gets which can be debated and argued either ways, there are some clear major steps he has taken which has definitely helped raise Indias stature. That’s all the reason to the reaction. There is no personal animosity against IK.

As far as him ”raising” the plight of Indian Muslims, pretty much every top to 3rd grade politician in Pakistan seems to tweet random news bytes to show Indian Muslims plight and celebrate non-Pakistani Muslim achievements. It has nothing to do with IK.

India is a diverse country and people are free to call whatever they want but that does not necessarily mean it is always correct.

'More talk than action' is not applicable to Modi as he delivered on everything that was promised in BJPs election manifesto - Toilets, Rural Electrification, removal of autonomy in Kashmir, Ram Mandir everything. Only people whose houses are on fire since 2014 calls him feku. Majority of Indians believe in him and hence his approval rating is close to 80% even after 9 years in power.

So you need not bother about Modi or India.

Pls tell us why you think Imran is not all talks and no action? I am not well versed with Pakistani politics, so it will be good if you give examples of promises he fulfilled when he was PM.

Sincere question, are you guys justifying this step for yourself to feel better or is this what exactly you were expecting when IK started this march ?

Not even IK knew exactly what would happen when he began his march. Basically for 3.5 years IK was called selected by PDM in an attempt to delegitimize him. So the plan was to return the favor and call PDM imported after they removed him with the No confidence vote.

The mistake IK made was to leave parliament. PDM also did long marches against the PTI govt, they threatened to resign, they tried to pressurize establishment to remove him, however they never left parliament. When the next election happens the PM and Opposition Leader set up the interim govt so PTI needs to be there.

So since PDM wont give them an early election, and the long march wont work IK needed to do something in order to save face. This move works as he can either go for an early provincial election win and then enter parliament. Or in a few months just say for the sake of the country he is coming back to ensure next elections are fair.

India is a diverse country and people are free to call whatever they want but that does not necessarily mean it is always correct.

'More talk than action' is not applicable to Modi as he delivered on everything that was promised in BJPs election manifesto - Toilets, Rural Electrification, removal of autonomy in Kashmir, Ram Mandir everything. Only people whose houses are on fire since 2014 calls him feku. Majority of Indians believe in him and hence his approval rating is close to 80% even after 9 years in power.

So you need not bother about Modi or India.

Pls tell us why you think Imran is not all talks and no action? I am not well versed with Pakistani politics, so it will be good if you give examples of promises he fulfilled when he was PM.

I think you are off your rocker if you think thats whats being discussed here.

We are talking about what Imran means to Pakistan right now. We want true democracy in the country and not the pseudo version imposed by the military establishment. Once we are at the same level of India's democracy, where a PM or government has the full autonomy to make policies and implement them, then we can have this discussion; till such time, our fight continues against the military establishment. My question was simply, why do Indians hate a guy so much who is fighting the military establishment in Pakistan responsible for bad relations with India? I feel its only because of his comments against Modi which has some modi supporters panties in a bunch over here. Thats all it is!

But still if you want to talk about Imran's accomplishments, there are the thousands of trees he planted, the ehsas card, the sehat card, the ccash reserves he left, the overall improvement in economy (our numbers were better than most south asian countries during the pandemic), the overall handling of the pandemic, and most of it all what matters to pakistanis.. he went after the thieves and looters of the country who have run the country into the ground, the corrupt political families of pakistan.. with a vengeance never seen before. He wanted to show us what they have done and what should be done about them.

Its all a matter of preference and priorities for us. If we want our nation cleaned up, we want these people out, preferrably in jails and then we can improve the rest. If our rotten political system continues the way it has last 70 odd years, we wont go anywhere. IK showed us the true faces of these people and what they are capable of. Just imagine they have all united against him when in the past they use to be at each others' throats. Just that picture should give you a good idea. They are all untied against him. WHY?

These are some things INDIANS wont understand because they do not mean anything to them. So its pointless for you guys to even debate this with Pakistanis. Its ok for you guys to bash him if you want because we bash Modi calling him chai wala and this and that all the time. But at least do not pretend you are trying to have an intelligent conversation about him here. You guys have ZERO clue.

Last edited:
Former information minister Fawad Chaudhry on Monday said that PTI’s senior leadership has approved the decision to dissolve the Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies.

“The date of dissolution will be announced after consultation with the parliamentary party,” he told media persons in Lahore.

Over the weekend, PTI chief Imran Khan — in a mammoth gathering in Rawalpindi — had announced his party’s intention to disassociate itself from the “current corrupt political system” by quitting the assemblies of KP and Punjab.

However, a final decision would only be taken after consultations with chief ministers in both provinces, while a final decision in this regard would be made after a meeting of the PTI’s parliamentary party, Imran had said.

Later, Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervez Elahi had brushed aside concerns of any resistance from him regarding PTI’s plan, acknowledging that he owed his government to Imran and would oblige to his instructions immediately.

In a media talk today, Chaudhry said that the PTI chief had met KP Chief Minister Mahmood Khan today and had a meeting scheduled with Punjab’s Elahi tomorrow (Tuesday).

“The process of allotting tickets has begun […] 563 seats from across the country will be vacated and elections will be held on them. On Friday, a meeting of the Punjab parliamentary party has been scheduled, while a meeting in KP has been called on Saturday.

“After these meetings, the assemblies will be dissolved,” the PTI leader asserted, saying that the party would also tender resignations in the Sindh and Balochistan assemblies.

“We have written to the National Assembly speaker regarding our resignations as well,” he said.

Chaudhry also stated that the opposition would also be invited to hold consultations with the government in both provinces over the formation of the interim government.

“We still want to go ahead with general elections […] be it 7 or 8 months, PTI will win for sure.”

The PTI leader then called on the government to announce the date for general elections and dissolve the National Assembly. “If you don’t, then PTI will dissolve the assemblies wherever it rules.”

“We are here to save Pakistan and we will save it,” he added.

By-polls in KP, Punjab to be held within 60 days of resignations: ECP
Meanwhile, earlier today, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) maintained that by-polls will be held within 60 days if mass resignations were served in Punjab and KP assemblies.

ECP Spokesperson Ibrahim Shinwari, in a statement today, clarified that if the provincial assemblies were to be dissolved, elections will only be carried out on the seats of those particular assemblies rather than the National Assembly seats.

The ECP official acknowledged that it would be difficult to hold by-polls and general elections in the same year but added that the Commission was bound by the law to carry out the task.

“Delimitations of constituencies and holding local-body polls was also a difficult task but we still did it,” Shinwari said. “We will hold the by-polls according to the law even if it will be difficult to do so.”

The ECP spokesperson said if KP and Punjab assemblies get dissolved, the Commission will have to hold elections on combined 411 seats, and the complete cost of the entire process will be Rs22 billion approximately.

“The cost of by elections in each constituency will be Rs50 to 70 million,” he added.

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday said that in case of dissolution of provincial assemblies, elections will be held in the respective provinces and not for the National Assembly.

The statement has come after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Saturday announced the party’s decision to resign from provincial assemblies, most notably in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) where the party is in government, in a bid to place pressure on the federal government to announce an early election date.

Without sharing further details of his decision, Imran said that he would soon be meeting his chief ministers and the parliamentary party about the matter and would soon make the announcement about when the party would leave the assemblies.

The ECP officials have clarified that should assemblies be dissolved, provincial elections will be organised within 60 days.

The officials also revealed that for each provincial poll, an estimated cost of Rs50 to Rs70 million will be incurred, with a total projected cost of elections in Punjab and K-P amounting to Rs22.5 billion.

It may be noted here that in case the assemblies in the two provinces are dissolved, the ECP will be responsible for administering polls in over 400 constituencies.

“Although it is difficult to hold provincial elections and national elections in the same year, we are bound by the law,” the ECP officials added.

“Delimitation of constituencies and conducting local body elections was also a mammoth task,” the ECP said, “however we held those. In that same vein, elections will be held as per the law even if it is difficult”.

Senior leaders of the PTI are expected to converge on Monday (today) to discuss the date for the dissolution of the K-P and Punjab assemblies.

The government ministers, however, see Imran’s announcement of dissolving or abandoning the assemblies as a face-saving attempt when he could not muster “revolution crowds”.

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, on the other hand, said that it was not possible for PTI to dissolve legislative assemblies including ones in Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, saying no-trust motion can be moved at any time.

Meanwhile, the opposition in the K-P Assembly has decided to take all constitutional and legal means, including a no-confidence motion against the chief minister, to prevent the dissolution of the assembly.

Express Tribune

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday said that in case of dissolution of provincial assemblies, elections will be held in the respective provinces and not for the National Assembly.

The statement has come after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Saturday announced the party’s decision to resign from provincial assemblies, most notably in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) where the party is in government, in a bid to place pressure on the federal government to announce an early election date.

Without sharing further details of his decision, Imran said that he would soon be meeting his chief ministers and the parliamentary party about the matter and would soon make the announcement about when the party would leave the assemblies.

The ECP officials have clarified that should assemblies be dissolved, provincial elections will be organised within 60 days.

The officials also revealed that for each provincial poll, an estimated cost of Rs50 to Rs70 million will be incurred, with a total projected cost of elections in Punjab and K-P amounting to Rs22.5 billion.

It may be noted here that in case the assemblies in the two provinces are dissolved, the ECP will be responsible for administering polls in over 400 constituencies.

“Although it is difficult to hold provincial elections and national elections in the same year, we are bound by the law,” the ECP officials added.

“Delimitation of constituencies and conducting local body elections was also a mammoth task,” the ECP said, “however we held those. In that same vein, elections will be held as per the law even if it is difficult”.

Senior leaders of the PTI are expected to converge on Monday (today) to discuss the date for the dissolution of the K-P and Punjab assemblies.

The government ministers, however, see Imran’s announcement of dissolving or abandoning the assemblies as a face-saving attempt when he could not muster “revolution crowds”.

Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, on the other hand, said that it was not possible for PTI to dissolve legislative assemblies including ones in Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, saying no-trust motion can be moved at any time.

Meanwhile, the opposition in the K-P Assembly has decided to take all constitutional and legal means, including a no-confidence motion against the chief minister, to prevent the dissolution of the assembly.

Express Tribune

Election Commission of PDM. Enough said. The system never fixes itself. At some point people have to take matters in their own hands like Iran in 1979.

I did not believe it initially but it is now fairly obvious that the so-called assassination attempt was self-orchestrated for political sympathy.

We all know Imran is the biggest conman & liar this country has ever seen & this was a face-saving exercise. There are too many plot holes in the script.

There is no possible way he could have been shot in his legs when he was standing next to a closed enclosure & the person was aiming for his head/torso.

Moreover, lead bullets don’t have splinters and somehow, no one died when 18 bullets (the number he has mentioned numerous times) were fired on a crowd.

He needs to be checked by an independent medical panel and not bought doctors working at his hospital.

Back