ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | Pakistan v Namibia | Abu Dhabi | 02 November, 2021 | Pakistan innings

not watching but from the stats

rizwan playing for numbers

not watching but from the stats

rizwan playing for numbers

maybe you should watch the game first and understand how much movement and help the bowlers are getting of the pitch first few overs rather than making delusional comments

Looks like difficult pitch to bat on. 130 should be winning score.

[MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION]

I haven't watched anything. Is the pitch difficult? I know SA demolished BD on the same pitch, just curious.

It seems most fans posting here are not watching the match. Both openers trying best to score runs, but bowlers bowling well

Is Babar scared of loosing to Namibia as well!!!!!!! Why can't he changed 2-3 players. Hasan Ali may give us false hope and then fail miserably against big teams. Pathetic coach. That's why we need foreign coaches who care about performance only.

Yeah Babar is scared of Namibia after beating Ind, NZ, Afg.

Some people will never be satisfied

Just a few millimeter man, which can change the outcome, talk about small margins. Feel for bowler even as opponent.

I can't remember the last time I saw such a wicket in the UAE

Poor batting, regardless of the surface.

At least show some intent.

Rizwan has been poor.

It seems most fans posting here are not watching the match. Both openers trying best to score runs, but bowlers bowling well

Ball is seaming and Namibia aren't a mug with the ball...and Riz sweeps for a 4

I haven't watched anything. Is the pitch difficult? I know SA demolished BD on the same pitch, just curious.

Runs can be made once you get a feel of it. There are spots when you pitch it slightly full which can cause trouble. Not the best wicket but not a minefield

Don't want to start anything, but I think Rizwan is a bit weak against left arm pace. Just a speculation, but given that most teams that are likely to qualify for SF don't have left-arm pacers, it should go unnoticed.

Runs can be made once you get a feel of it. There are spots when you pitch it slightly full which can cause trouble. Not the best wicket but not a minefield

Alright.

No changes either? That's surprising.

Our supporters seem to have superpowers, can read the pitch and make assessments of international cricketers without actually watching what is happening in the match

Tbf Riz is trying to score...just advanced to the fast bowler but found the fielder

No doubt there is seam out there but no execuse for rizzy..even babz is not findin it easy but atleast he is run a ball ..rizzys is waste of time

Rizwan getting so much sympathy

Had this been Ahmed Shahzad, the lynch mob would be out in full force

Also the dew will come later.

Whenever there's dew, you need at least 25 more runs than the par score batting in the first innings.

If the pitch is like I'm seeing it, and like you described, I think 170 should be looked at.

Poor batting, regardless of the surface.

At least show some intent.

Rizwan has been poor.

Very poor batting. Rizzy struggling with his timing. This surface is different from dubai though it will take some adjustment

Why can't Haider, Wasim and Nawaz replace Hafeez, Hasan and Shadab?

Shadab has bowled well so far.

Both Hafeez and Hassan will be needed in semis, specially their bowling.

So they need every chance to get back in form rather than sitting on bench.

No doubt there is seam out there but no execuse for rizzy..even babz is not findin it easy but atleast he is run a ball ..rizzys is waste of time

It's cyclical...Babar was struggling against the Kiwi bowlers but not Riz....today it's the other way round...Thanks God both were finding the Indian bowlers easy to handle

Rizwan getting so much sympathy

Had this been Ahmed Shahzad, the lynch mob would be out in full force

Do you know what credit means?? Because Rizwan has some credit, shehzad don’t so… we know you are looking for errors in Rizwan to slowly hate him again

Rizwan's only looking to score on the leg side in this tournament. Is it because of slow nature of these pitches?

Also the dew will come later.

Whenever there's dew, you need at least 25 more runs than the par score batting in the first innings.

If the pitch is like I'm seeing it, and like you described, I think 170 should be looked at.

I think 150-160 should be sufficient because Pakistan’s pacers are much faster, they will extract much more bounce and seam on this track. But their is the David Wiese factor. He knows are bowlers very well and he can be a one man mission kind of guy on his day.

Pak taking the English approach from yesterday (Babar ias Butler and Riz as Morgan)...let's see how the lower order batsmen fare when faced with the need to score big off not too many balls...it's all good

We cannot afford this sort of an innings from Rizwan in a knock out game.

I've hardly ever seen him get out of such a tough situation. He typically throws his wicket away after such a start

Poor from Rizwan thus far

Needs to improve his ability to score against good seam bowling

Rizwan playing for a draw here? our batting has been poor in PP all way through WC so far.

Lot of people havent learnt from the India game and are still going after Riz. Hatred is too strong on this.

Rizwan's only looking to score on the leg side in this tournament. Is it because of slow nature of these pitches?

Slow pitches will be given to associate nations to make the contest better.

This is something that happens in all ICC tournaments.

As soon as Pakistan get to the semis, you'll see pitches that look flatter than roads.

Do you know what credit means?? Because Rizwan has some credit, shehzad don’t so… we know you are looking for errors in Rizwan to slowly hate him again

I have never understood this mentality...I want all Pakistani players to do well, even the ones that I was not in favour of being included like Rauf and Asif Ali....they making me eat humble pie and I am loving it...I do not want them to fail so I can have a go at them....maybe us Pak fans living in the West have a different mentality to those back home as in life's too short to hold any grudges...

Except for that Babar's punch on the off side of Weise's ball for four. None of the balls have been middled by batters

Pakistan - 45/0 after 8 overs.

Namibia have done well. I thought they would get hammered.

Rizwan looking to muscle the ball...needs to keep his shape and concentrate on timing rather than power

I have never understood this mentality...I want all Pakistani players to do well, even the ones that I was not in favour of being included like Rauf and Asif Ali....they making me eat humble pie and I am loving it...I do not want them to fail so I can have a go at them....maybe us Pak fans living in the West have a different mentality to those back home as in life's too short to hold any grudges...

Exactly!!

This pitch will make any team struggle. Wait for Namibia to bat. batting first was anyways bold

Not only bowlers are doing best but the conditions are just perfect for bowling. With having this sort of grass I am glad that we are not anymore clueless in this situation like we had before many times.

Missed a golden chance to open with Fakhar. Nothing to lose vs Namibia. Really backwards thinking by the think tank. This team if they make the semi's will not progress any further.

Lowest powerplay totals in men's T20Is without losing wicket:

23/0 by Gibraltar vs Spain, 2019

24/0 by West Indies vs India, 2014

29/0 by Bangladesh vs Oman, 2016

29/0 by Pakistan vs Namibia, Today

Back