ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | Pakistan v Namibia | Abu Dhabi | 02 November, 2021 | Pakistan innings

Except for Asif and Buttler so far in the tournament. I have never seen any other batter hit slower balls and medium pacers for sixes.

Namibia bowlers on par with their Indian counterparts....they couldn't either dislodge our opening pair!

Spoke too soon...Namibia bowlers did one better than the Indians and that is to get Babar out...

Is it just me or anyone else think this out seems to be delibarate?
It seems Babar gave his wicket away to give his lower order some match practice.

It seems Babar gave his wicket away to give his lower order some match practice.

I was thinking Babar should have retired but it's better to slog and try to get quick runs than to just give your wicket by retiring at this level.

What i think is In this world cup Babar is not caring about his stats he wants to win wc as a captain

If Fakhar isn’t going to open, then Pakistan are better off having Haider Ali in the side

zaman has been poor so far

in general

no consistency from him

that was a great catch tho

this is what would have happened if we opened with fakhar and sharjeel - no technique whatsoever
Mtlb khuch b, no fault of fakhar here, he was out due to forcing the issue due to match situation, he wouldn't have played this shot normally. our fans are something else.

That shot from Zaman was completely brainless. If you've premeditated then commit to the shot and smash it, don't block it at the last moment.

Does playing a position down really force players to play false shots? It amazes me how a professional player could use this as an excuse.

Mtlb khuch b, no fault of fakhar here, he was out due to forcing the issue due to match situation, he wouldn't have played this shot normally. our fans are something else.

This is the problem, you dont need to force the issue on this pitch play normal shots, everyone criticizing rizwan , but if he got out like that at the front playing silly shot then we would have been in trouble from the start

What do you expect? He is a proper opener who has to bat at 3

That’s ********! He played couple good innings at 3, also only 50 in last 2 years is at 3. England has a bunch of openers who play in the middle like bairstow and still smash.

That’s ********! He played couple good innings at 3, also only 50 in last 2 years is at 3. England has a bunch of openers who play in the middle like bairstow and still smash.

Look at Kohli. He bats as an opener in the IPL but plays one down for India and does well. It's ** to say that all players are position-dependent.

Rizwan's played a really poor knock. Just hasnt tried anything other than a leg side slog

says more about the batsmen than the position if they cant adjust to one down, professional batsmen should be able to bat wherever

says more about the batsmen than the position if they cant adjust to one down, professional batsmen should be able to bat wherever

That’s what i mean! It doesn’t matter, if you’re good you should be able to play in top 4 positions!

Rizwan please just retire even if he gets a 70 now it's been a absolute poor innings. Stat boosting innings against a minnow team.

If Fakhar isn’t going to open, then Pakistan are better off having Haider Ali in the side

Replace a novice who is an average fielder with a someone whose done it on the big stage and is your gun fielder?

If only Hafeez had batted in the middle order throughout his career...

Touches of 2020 Hafeez. Hope this will give him the confidence needed for the semis

What do you expect? He is a proper opener who has to bat at 3
any decent batsman would adjust

he has poor in odi too for a while
i dont agree with him at 3 but imagine him at 1 throwing his wicket with babar or rizwan coming in 3

they would crumble under pressure

Not sure if this is the right approach where you have reached a par score and have 8 wickets in hand to show for it. If we are batting deep then we need to utilize those batters especially Asif Ali who is in great touch

Awful inns today by rizwan, especially as hes batted 19 overs and looked out of touch.

Then he has to open if you want him to fire.

No he doesn't bit when you have the most prolific openers in T20 in world cricket.

He spanked England when batting at three just 5 or 6 T20's ago.
Needs to stay there

Respect

Most other teams would have bowled first and scored 140 odd if they were inserted into bat

Rizwan is a good punisher of full tosses

Back