ICC Under-19 World Cup - India Under-19s v Papua New Guinea Under-19s

Bullet Drive

T20I Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
India struggling big time against PNG :))

99-5. Vijay Zol is still there though.

Supporting India for this game. Want to play them on Saturday!

110-5. & yes, but would love to play against them during a quarter final.

Vijay, Smit and Passi can India reach 200. If that happens India will win. Set Vijay is hard to dislodge. Very technical batsman. And Smit hit runs under pressure vs better bowling attack of WI.

And Passi can do some hard hitting.

Let's see how they recover.

110-5. & yes, but would love to play against them during a quarter final.

India can still make it I think even if they lose this one as Zim. would have won only one match as well. And by looks of it India is better with their net run rate.

It shouldn't be surprising that young english batsman can play spin when even seniors are having trouble.

Looks like Pak and SA have the best batters in the tourny. We also do but we are collapsing quite often. If they don't collapse we are as good as Pak and SA.

Ben Foakes is playing very good btw. Even against spinners. Also, Aneesh isn't bad either.

On Indian forum they got a thread saying they will get 330 plus what muppets

Even if India lose they are through as 3 teams will finish on same points and India got best run rate

we won.bowlers saved us.PNG out for 97

so its India v Pak on 20th.hope its telecasted

opposite of senior team aha :p

Despite that, India's U19 squads actually gave the senior team most of their main ODI palyers since 1998 starting Sehwag and Harby.
Others are Yuvraj,Kaif,Raina,Rohit,Irfan, and Kohli and there are others like Chawla and RP.
Interestingly , a certain teenager didn't need U19 team , he directly made the senior team. :sachin

Despite that, India's U19 squads actually gave the senior team most of their main ODI palyers since 1998 starting Sehwag and Harby.
Others are Yuvraj,Kaif,Raina,Rohit,Irfan, and Kohli and there are others like Chawla and RP.
Interestingly , a certain teenager didn't need U19 team , he directly made the senior team. :sachin

most idk..i still think even w/o under 19 guys like kohli ,yuvraj,sehwag etc would have made into side.. but through longer route.. and if guys like chand dont perform in ranji trophy they will never make it into team

btw there is something wring with pakistan;s system too u guys cant develop players properly specially batsmen.. thts why they struggle at highest level and india have dominated them in last decade

most idk..i still think even w/o under 19 guys like kohli ,yuvraj,sehwag etc would have made into side.. but through longer route.. and if guys like chand dont perform in ranji trophy they will never make it into team

btw there is something wring with pakistan;s system too u guys cant develop players properly specially batsmen.. thts why they struggle at highest level and india have dominated them in last decade

I didn't mention Gambhir , he was in the reserves (a part ) of U19 team in 2000. Just missed making the WC.
Only Dhoni and Zaheer of all the main players have not made the U19 team.

Surprising fact about Pakisan's U19 squads has been that very few bowlers making it to the senior team. there have been allrounders like Razzaq and Malik though.

I didn't mention Gambhir , he was in the reserves (a part ) of U19 team in 2000. Just missed making the WC.
Only Dhoni and Zaheer of all the main players have not made the U19 team.

Surprising fact about Pakisan's U19 squads has been that very few bowlers making it to the senior team. there have been allrounders like Razzaq and Malik though.

u didnt mention King Jaddu too

wat about Ashwin?

u didnt mention King Jaddu too

wat about Ashwin?

A late starter as a spinner, he was past 20 when he debuted for Chennai.
note , Zaheer, Nehra , Ashwin, Ganguly,Dravid,VVS were never part of the U19 teams and were closer to 20-21 when they debuted for their states. All are poor fielders, any connection? I wonder NOT STARTING EARLY affects the fitness and fielding levels?
I recall Tendulkar who had a severe toe injury, apart from other injuries in 2003-04 in Aus comprehensively outrunning and outfielding the much fitter VVS,Dravid and Ganguly in the VB series. He is even fatter than them. no one noticed that.
As for Jaddu, he was there as an allrounder in the senior team for more matches than Yusuf.

Back