ICC World Cup 2023: Australia (215/5) beat Sri Lanka (209 all out) by 5 wickets and registered their first win in World Cup 2023

looks not out
cmon lanka yaar do your brothers a favor and win

Covers have come off and the Super Sopper is at work!! A few more minutes and we should be good to restart.

SL doing pak here. Wasting away a good start. That's why you write off Australia at your own peril.

There is reason Da Silva averages 26 with the bat, a nothing player in this format

Sri Lanka is acting like Pakistan 2.0

How have they gotten into this position! They had Australia at the ropes

Okay this match is done Australia will be getting 2 important points that pakistan match is very very crucial for both teams

Wanted Sri Lanka to win, this is extremely disappointing. They are a better batting team.

India, SA and NZ have looked a class apart in this tournament tbh. All the other teams look like a rung or 2 below

Wow Maxwell have been sensational with the ball giving 10 economical overs in all the matches he have played

Senseless batting after getting that type of start maybe pitch have slowed down or something but still don't justify that collapse

Sri Lanka all out on 209/10 in 43.3 Over Sri Lanka are one stage is 157/1 but after they collapse very badly.

Pity. Started so well.
Just saw a lot of people leaving the stadium.
They were not leaving .they forced to change the stand as wind storms arrived and hording above them can fall so it's just precautions

10-15k crowd is very good for this type of match
The question is when people were looking to buy tickets why these clowns told its sold out ? And now stadiums are 60 percent empty in every match other than India

The question is when people were looking to buy tickets why these clowns told its sold out ? And now stadiums are 60 percent empty in every match other than India
No every match is not sold out. Only india match can but I agree BCCI let down this whole ticket process . Why not they bring school children if ticket were not sold .

Australia will walk this. Aus vs Pak match is now virtual quarter final
Yea we ain't beating Aussies but I am confident we can kick eng and nz's butts.
Hopefully that's enough to squeak through.

6 wins 3 losses is ok. India aus and maybe SA? We can probably beat SA too. They are really nothing special outside flat pitches. It will get spin friendlier later.

Yea we ain't beating Aussies but I am confident we can kick eng and nz's butts.
Hopefully that's enough to squeak through.

6 wins 3 losses is ok. India aus and maybe SA? We can probably beat SA too. They are really nothing special outside flat pitches. It will get spin friendlier later.
If we get beaten by aus the pressure will be on us heading to Afghanistan match which is in Chennai thanks to bcci. Playing them there I don't know man it's 50-50

If we get beaten by aus the pressure will be on us heading to Afghanistan match which is in Chennai thanks to bcci. Playing them there I don't know man it's 50-50
Yea we should. I doubt they can win key moments. We aren't England. England are so overrated. T20 bullies on flat tracks. That's it

They will fight no doubt but their owners are utter crap.

Woahh starc looks so old now man. How time flies. Not too long ago he was launching 150 kmkh thunderbolts. Remember the nz series?

No every match is not sold out. Only india match can but I agree BCCI let down this whole ticket process . Why not they bring school children if ticket were not sold .
Exactly just fill up the stadiums atleast let kids have some fun

What a shameful way of capitulating.

At the end, cricket batting fundamentals will remain same in 2123 as well - making a start count, partnership, strike rotation, gradual innings building with momentum & most importantly value for wicket (unless it’s T20/T10/F5 or even O/1, which are royal clown shows like they do before main events at circus, using cricket gears & rules).

Including the practice game against us, SRL has capitulated from 102/0 (13) to 263, 230/2 (29!!!) to 344 & 156/1 (26) to 209 - what a wonderful display of modern & positive cricket with aggressive attitude & KILLER INSTINCTS. Must have won lots of PP hearts ……

I think teams with batting depth either tend to play irresponsibly or they player quality itself is poor hence these collapses. It is one or the other. 4 average batsmen < 2 world class batsmen. I was worried about India's depth as Indian batsmen don't bowl. Now this world cup suggests that worry is not as bad as this one.

Back