ICC World Cup 2023: Australia (215/5) beat Sri Lanka (209 all out) by 5 wickets and registered their first win in World Cup 2023

What a six. ABsolute filth bowled outside the leg stump at 147 kph lol He scooped it for 89 meter six

The state of cricket in SL is alarming, extincting like our forefathers by the Next WC SL might go in oblivion

Madhushanka is doing the right thing. Bowls stump to stump on a good length. At some point Marsh will take risk

Good length is the best length with new ball. Bumrah showed time and again. Madhushanka is so far showing. Fiz is impressive in this world cup too. Guys who tried to bowl too full too short got penalized.

Lahiru
Chameera
Hasaranga

I thought they would have been good with that trio but clearly pace alone doesn't suffice without other skills. I thought lahiru had other skills. I was wrong.

Good length is the best length with new ball. Bumrah showed time and again. Madhushanka is so far showing. Fiz is impressive in this world cup too. Guys who tried to bowl too full too short got penalized.
Lol lahiru taken off already.

I think teams with batting depth either tend to play irresponsibly or they player quality itself is poor hence these collapses. It is one or the other. 4 average batsmen < 2 world class batsmen. I was worried about India's depth as Indian batsmen don't bowl. Now this world cup suggests that worry is not as bad as this one.
Actually no - they can’t differentiate between a game of 20 overs & a game of 2.5 times longer. Use the same tempo though the two games are miles apart when it comes to batting approach, KPIs & tactics.

…… the day it clicks, it looks spectacular until the roof collapses on head …. I forgot that SRL was like 200/2 in 25/26 overs against AFGs as well to be booked for <300.

…… the day it backfires- all-out 50 happens.

Madushanka have bowled really well withheld new ball but when he comes to bowl his second spells he goes for too many runs

Easy going looks like Australia going for it to improve the net run rate today

Can sl take couple of more wickets here the older bowl don't come onto bat here

Tbf I would have given that not out.

Did Warner just swear at the umpire?

He might get fined and banned for the next few games. What a moron.

I think they have to upset Madhushanka otherwise he will have his way eventually. Can't be stuck on backfoot.

Smith - Master of hitting the ball straight to fielder. This guy is so past it. Hope he comes to the party.

InD NZ and SA the likely top 3 then the race seems between Aus Eng and Pak, Pak v Aus and Pak v Eng will are Pakistan virtual K.Os

What a shameful way of capitulating.

At the end, cricket batting fundamentals will remain same in 2123 as well - making a start count, partnership, strike rotation, gradual innings building with momentum & most importantly value for wicket (unless it’s T20/T10/F5 or even O/1, which are royal clown shows like they do before main events at circus, using cricket gears & rules).

Including the practice game against us, SRL has capitulated from 102/0 (13) to 263, 230/2 (29!!!) to 344 & 156/1 (26) to 209 - what a wonderful display of modern & positive cricket with aggressive attitude & KILLER INSTINCTS. Must have won lots of PP hearts ……
Agreed.

Babar and Rizwan have taken an absolute battering in the past few days, people forget the RR was 5.2 when Babar got out. It wasn’t as if we were going at 4 runs an over.

Capitulations like Pakistan and now Sri Lanka can leave a team reeling even if they were going at 10 RPO.

What bowling from Madushanka. Bowls a maiden over first up and then follows it up a double wicken maiden over.

These inswingers from left arm are tough to handle. If Steve Smith can't handle them who can ?

Madhushanka forcibly won the decision with extended appeal lol Umpire pressurized and gave it out.
I dont get this umpires decision rubbish. Either accept the decision of drs regardless of umpire's decision or don't use drs and accept umpire's decisions at face value.

I dont get this umpires decision rubbish. Either accept the decision of drs regardless of umpire's decision or don't use drs and accept umpire's decisions at face value.

I was surprised. Because i could see 2 stumps when the ball hit the pad of Warner.

I think A ustralia will win eventually. Labu's problem is tempo. But he is in okay form. He will survive and win the game for them.
These kind of low scoring games is where labu will excel. 200-275 chases labu is your man. 280 plus no thanks.

Replace kumara with chamika next over dude is bowling all over the place

Risk and reward fast bowler getting help no other option
Yes I like him a lot too. He can be really good in the right condition but not sure if this is the right place to get your form back.

Madushanka pace is up too. Shaheen is bowling at 134-137

Madhu sticks to good length. No glory ball attempt every ball. Same with Fiz. Shoriful was also good in patches with his line and length,. Topley swings a lot probably the most. Shaheen is the most under-whelming as he keeps searching for that dream delivery.

Madhu sticks to good length. No glory ball attempt every ball. Same with Fiz. Shoriful was also good in patches with his line and length,. Topley swings a lot probably the most. Shaheen is the most under-whelming as he keeps searching for that dream delivery.
Yeah I get it maybe he does that because he was getting regular wickets in almost every match in his first 1-2 overs a year ago. But he should stick to good length and let batsmen make the mistake

Marsh non chalant. This is what. Even the good bowlers bowl bad balls. When they do punish it , punish it badly.

Can't let Marsh of all players score 28 off 20 balls so easily.

Australia has been extremely unlucky when it comes to umpiring this WC. That looked clear not out to the naked eye. Warner is very unlucky.

Labu and Smith are not really LOI batsmen. Only 1 should be playing in the middle order for Aus. Both are too similar and too slow for both ODI's and T20's.

Labu and Smith are not really LOI batsmen. Only 1 should be playing in the middle order for Aus. Both are too similar and too slow for both ODI's and T20's.
Smith is out of touch too. Atleast Labu is in form. Just that he is limited. I would drop Smith and keep Labu. Labu can bowl. ANd also a terrific fielder.

Back