ICC World Cup 2023: England v Pakistan | Match 44 | Kolkata | 11 November | England Innings

2003 made it to qf, reckon the same in 2015

When you don't make it to kos it's been a poor campaign
Playing QF is not a big deal, you need check the rank out of 8 teams who qualify for QF. In 2015 we were ranked 6th which is worst than 2019 and 2023.

In 2003 we didn't qualify QF, infact there was no QF, it was super 6 which we couldn't qualify.

Pak keeping Emgland in check. Key will be Rashid during the chase. Ball will turn

Amazed to see buttler missing a good innings against pakistan. He always loves to smash pak bowlers. He really underperformed in this wc

Ali signs off in ODI batting without much fanfare. Will have a part to play with the ball on a 2nd innings pitch

Playing QF is not a big deal, you need check the rank out of 8 teams who qualify for QF. In 2015 we were ranked 6th which is worst than 2019 and 2023.

In 2003 we didn't qualify QF, infact there was no QF, it was super 6 which we couldn't qualify.
Thanks for the correction on 2003, for some reason I had it as a KO.

Playing a KO means you have made it out of the league group and been consistent enough to get to knock outs and then in KO its a matter of better team on the day (unless you are 99-2007 OZ).

2015 was in Oz with a really rubbish PCT, no spark, no magic, no superstars (Afridi was over the hill by then).

2019 PCT was on the tail of 2017 CT and that squad had some up and coming stars.

Dont think anyone on PP had any expectations from 2015 squad

Even in a match with no pressure and others are finding form , Moeen gets out to a straight ball.

He bowled first 4 ball around 120-125kph, and took wicket as well. Last 2 ball were over 147kph, and got hammered for boundary. This guy will never learn.

Tough to chase under lights at Eden. Ball will swing for 10 overs then turn for 40. Pak needs to bat very well to chase this down

Tough to chase under lights at Eden. Ball will swing for 10 overs then turn for 40. Pak needs to bat very well to chase this down
How difficult is to understand slower balls are most difficult balls to play ?

Wasim Jr should be given more chances after this WC. Needs to work on his new ball skills

What should have been played in the last 10 overs should have been played in the first 10 overs

ENG 337/9 (50) CRR: 6.74

Tough challenge but doable for sure - need another FZ special

What’s the point of taking wickets when the score is already 300? Neither we have fast bowlers nor spinners

England got 97 runs in the last 10 overs. Job well done England.

Will require some batting performance to chase this down.

Am I the only one who feels Pakistan are mentally fatigued to play this game? I am getting impression that they just want to catch their return flight and go back home.

Wish Pak had won the toss and opted batting first. Pak still couldn't qualify but Pak batters approach could've been interesting.

Babar mentioned yesterday if Fakhar scores we have a chance. My question is if Fakhar is so important then why he was not playing earlier? Imam ul haq costed NRR

Back