ICC World Cup 2023: England v Pakistan | Match 44 | Kolkata | 11 November | England Innings

Had high hopes from Sahdab and Nawaz for this WC but they fell flat hence Pakistan ousted

Root playing some nice shots here.

England’s batsmen are all coming back into form at precisely the wrong time.

Root playing some nice shots here.

England’s batsmen are all coming back into form at precisely the wrong time.
Next time in an ICC tournament, they should insist on playing Pakistan first so their players can come back into form, right at the start!

When we had Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar, Afridi and Razzaq.
You missed Anwar , Yousuf , Inzi from the batting line up who are on their prime too...

That pace attack playing in SA should have won the WC ( Waqar , Wasim, Akthar , Sami, Razzaq , Azhar Mahmood )

His reading of Pakistan cricket was right , only the fans are delusional .... He repeatedly said this is a minnow team, rightly so.. In the last 30 years after they won the CWC , they have made to the semis only twice 99 and 2011 and this record will keep going...
Which is why I'm surprised he's calling for the return of Joe Root as England's ODI skipper - someone who won 1 of his last 17 Tests and lost their first home Test series in 7 years.

Definition of insanity etc.

Imam is that type of player who oozes negativity in the side, he has leaked things to media he has that lazy attitude and not to mention his recurring tendency to get out and poor fitness

You missed Anwar , Yousuf , Inzi from the batting line up who are on their prime too...

That pace attack playing in SA should have won the WC ( Waqar , Wasim, Akthar , Sami, Razzaq , Azhar Mahmood )
if you think about it, shoaib at the time was raw. wasim had diabetes and nearing his end. waqar post injury was never the same.

Shaheen may have taken lot of wicket with his slower ball, but he will be soon found out as he can be clearly seen holding the ball with a different grip right at the start of runup.

Pakistan Post Imam ul Haq are a changed side overall but it was too late

I reckon if Pakistan vs England was first match of the tournament, England might be in reckoning for a semi final spot.
England would still suck. Theirs batsmen are out of it minus Stokes finally finding form.

It's just our bowling attack has been toothless through the entire tournament.

Any out of form batsmen can play and smack it.

The guy is bringing drinks, towels and other things for your fielders on the field

Babar talking to him as if he is his paymaster or something
He's not a friend, he's a slave to babar.

Dw babar about to recieve a massive phainti from fans

No doubt, Shaheen is the bowler who should be preserved for test and be selective for ODIs and t20s. But what if he is handed over the captaincy. He is already over utilized by pakistan.
Very easy solution- appoint a capable deputy and play Shaheen selectively. Whenever a fast bowler is made captain, this is the common formula.

England would still suck. Theirs batsmen are out of it minus Stokes finally finding form.

It's just our bowling attack has been toothless through the entire tournament.

Any out of form batsmen can play and smack it.
What if Eng played Pak Ned Ban in their first three games , a completely different story it has been nobody can deny that Eng squad is world class unlike Pakistan' s 2 stroke lineup

Shaheen has improved much as a middle overs bowler in this World Cup. Hopefully he can have some rest and soon regain his pace and new ball form too.

Lol how many runs given by Harris rauf in this wc 9 matches.can anybody tell me? Whenever I see him bowling he is getting tonked....

After 240-2, England sliding at 263-4…. England now realised Pakistan have to qualify for semis

This Wasim fella looks to be some bowler, at least in terms of what he could turn out to be. He's the only bowler I've seen in this tournament consistently getting it to reverse.

Knowing how disappointing Pakistan is when it comes to talent management he is most likely to fall away in a few years, which is sad really. There is so much talent to work with here
Pak dressing room culture is so toxic that has been breeding player politics and power

LMAO. Haris Rauf. Throwing the ball up after seeing he has touched the boundary rope.

These things require practice. They don't come off like that.

LOL how was Rauf not aware that his feet touched the skirteens?

What if Eng played Pak Ned Ban in their first three games , a completely different story it has been nobody can deny that Eng squad is world class unlike Pakistan' s 2 stroke lineup
Brother this isn't the same 2019 England.

Bairstow coming from injury has been vamg Average and a failure.

Malan is a failure compared to Roy in his prime.

Root hasn't played for 4 years amd you can clearly see his performances this cup

Butler has also been out of it for a while

Stokes also didn't play for 4 years amd wasn't his self.

Brooks is a failed replacement in place of Morgan.
England bowling also weak without Archer.

People need to look beyond stats and names. It's why I said current Australia in 2023 is the 2nd weakest aus team they have ever sent in world cups, only behind 2011 aus, because stark, Hazelwood, Cummings are all past their prime, and Steve Smith + Warner are past their primes as well.

The only difference between aus and eng is that aus is a champions team and knows how to play world cups, so even if a weak team is sent they always find a way to punch beyond their weight class whereas England can't.

i think we will chase this target and gather a win because when pak batters have no pressure or expectation so they always perform so expect a stat padding century from babar
Depends, I don't see that happening though, but I can't comment. This is the first time theirs zero pressure so we'll see.

Babar must be livid.

Above 300 he cant play at 80 SR for his personal 100.

Absolute garbage from Shaheen. . Full tosses wides everything .
Don't see any reason why should be be persisted with

Is 22 yards not enough for these Pak bowlers.... bowling crap full tosses in the entire tournament...

They deserve to lose against all top teams... Somehow rain saved them against NZL

The body language is so down today. In their heads they were batting first and setup a massive total. They can still finish on a good note by chasing this total. That will be good for people in the stadium

I reckon if Pakistan vs England was first match of the tournament, England might be in reckoning for a semi final spot.

Probably.
The manner of that opening match defeat totally deflated them. They never recovered from it.

are we watching present & future English captain batting together here?

BCCi did everything they can for Pakistan to reach SF and F , accimitalize with Ahmedabad and Kolkata before knockouts but heck Pakistan failed miserably

With the exception of Joe root, Shadab and nawaz have the worst bowling stats in terms of economy, wickets and averages this whole tournament 😂😂

Meaning sheddy and nawaz are only better then Joe root as bowlers.

Harry Brook when playing aggressive shots looks so awkward. But somehow manages it to work.

Pakistan should chase this down.

England bowling is probably worse than Pakistan.

With the exception of Joe root, Shadab and nawaz have the worst bowling stats in terms of economy, wickets and averages this whole tournament 😂😂

Meaning sheddy and nawaz are only better then Joe root as bowlers.
They were struggling in Asia Cup even. Where conditions were better than this World Cup. Usama was underwhelming, but at least he picked up wickets.

Back