ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand v Pakistan | Match 35 | Bengaluru | 4 November | New Zealand Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan will need their best ever World Cup chase to stay in it

I just turned on to see. Oh my lord, NZ has just smacked Pakistan.
Is there anyone here who still believe that Pakistan can chase this down?

I’m happy it didn’t rain. If it was a washout, our fans would have ticked this off as a guaranteed win like the 2019 World Cup match vs Sri Lanka.

@saqib.rai
Come on man, everyone new what’s to expect but was hoping for miracles- beating kiwis by 80 odd or inside 35-38 overs.

Mark my words, I lived in Bangalore. This stadium is easiest one to chase big targets. RCB has failed to win IPl despite Gayle,Kohli and ABD. Death bowling under dew is impossible and boundaries are short. Pak batting has great depth and they will chase 370 in 45 overs.

Exactly

Ramiz coming back will save Babar’s job
Ramiz is witnessing this destruction live from comm box, closer than any of us. Hope this trauma gets him to do the right thing if he does come back.

Why choker. He played a good knock in semi final. It was Steyn that choked.
Steyn another bonafide choker. Lumber 1 choker. He was never a good odi bowler.
Abd left them when they needed him most. Serial loser.
I think he has spent more time putting down Kohli and Rohit. @kron is another one with zero shame but a big mouth
Kohli and rohit are bonafide chokers. Since 2013 it's been anda.

You’ve got to hand it to Babar (not the management)

NZ clearly struggled to chase last game and SA struggled to chase against you…

But you let them bat first
I've heard that it ain't Babar calling the shots but Rizwan

I think all the on and off field decisions have been his brain child

I just checked the score, and oh my goodness! Pakistan getting battered here. Why did Babar choose to bowl again?

In the past I enjoyed looking at the stats of pakistani quicks in major tournaments. But no way I am doing this for current WC. Haris Rauf has been a complete embarrasment. He just has not adapted to the conditions.

He had a soft career. Always hid behind Smith, Amla and Kallis. When those guys retired he moaned about his workload, then retired soon after.

Mind you he always availed himself for the entirety of an IPL season (a lesser cricketer like JP took a season to try and make it as a Protea). South Africa also doesn't play as often as India, Australia and England as well. I've never seen a more cowardly cricketer
Lumber 1 fraud cause of that useless innings in odi vs india in 2015 where he posted 400 something lol in a meaningles bilateral.

Proceeded to lose the test series 3 0

Mark my words, I lived in Bangalore. This stadium is easiest one to chase big targets. RCB has failed to win IPl despite Gayle,Kohli and ABD. Death bowling under dew is impossible and boundaries are short. Pak batting has great depth and they will chase 370 in 45 overs.
no, the pitch seems to have some grip and movement in this match, pak wont be near chasing this

Anybody who calls this best bowling attack in the world from here on out needs to do the same hours of community service as the runs NZ score by the end.

I just checked the score, and oh my goodness! Pakistan getting battered here. Why did Babar choose to bowl again?
The joker probably thought his 'best attack in the world' will keep Kiwis to 270 and he cound chase it by 35th over.

Yeah and maybe 390 in 38 overs.

Reckon 36 overs is also possible.

Rauf bowls his 10 and goes off the field

He is one of your best fielders. You need him there for 4 more overs

You sounded bitter all these days. Now you sound like you need to take care. It’s just a sport.

Btw, we have some great Andhra and Tamil biryani here
No not at all. This milestone talk irks me. Applaud the man for his skill sure. Applaud him for helping the team win but don't laud him for milestones.

There are some cricket fans who celebrate milestones of their favourite players in spite of seeing their team fail to win a game. The milestone achieved in a losing cause is meaningless.

I remember getting absolutely bashed for suggesting that Haris Rauf will be destroyed like no tomorrow by Indian domestic batsmen in IPL….
Lol you will probalby still be bashed for that, because there is huge difference between 4 overs and 10 overs.

But it's a concern that he has not found out how to bowl on these wickets. With his pace he should have been unplayable, but you have seen Mark Wood also been torn apar here.

I remember getting absolutely bashed for suggesting that Haris Rauf will be destroyed like no tomorrow by Indian domestic batsmen in IPL….
He's somehow much better in t20 though although I agree he's got no ability

I knew this match started at 5am but wasn't going to compromise my sleep on this team.

I don't regret that decision.

We may well finish below Afghanistan in the table which'd be a new low.

He's somehow much better in t20 though although I agree he's got no ability
I respect him for what he has achieved given his background. From almost nothing to a t20 star.

But he isn't good enough for tests and is very average in odi.

385 looks good. I thought below 350 Pakistan has chance. Pakistan has to play may be the best game ever to get over the line.

Mohammad Wasim was bashed day in and day out. In the end it looks like he is the only of these quicks who have understood how to bowl on indian wickets.

The joker probably thought his 'best attack in the world' will keep Kiwis to 270 and he cound chase it by 35th over.
Bangalore is overcast at the moment. Babar possibly thought that his pacers may be effective in such conditions. They would take a couple of quick wickets during the powerplay, pushing NZ on the backfoot.

Mohammad Wasim was bashed day in and day out. In the end it looks like he is the only of these quicks who have understood how to bowl on indian wickets.
He bowled real well today no doubt.

He's shown good control and bowled within stumps , something all other have failed to do

Last thing NZ need now is Phillips injured

He has to bowl 10 overs here!

His lines have been very impressive. He varies his lengths too based on the stage of the innings.

Australia scored 367 against Pak on this same ground, and Pak lost.
NZ are 369 and counting.

They were never good enough. It was an illusion.

Shaheen is the only good bowler but he too is not without his problems.

Rauf, Naseem and Wasim Jr. won’t sit on India’s bench.
May be, but then coaches job is to improve level - on a 10 scale, someone could be at 3 & someone 9…. A coach might not take 3 to 8/9, but should be to 4/5, here is see is that they have gone 2/3 points lower.

Our four pacers are no where top class, but Donald has improved them lot - they don’t have the match awareness and the art of getting a batsman out, but fundamentals are good.

Where is the improvement of PAK pacers - looks dumber than a bowling machine and no clue about new ball or bowling with a set fielding. That game against AFG is the worst bowling by PAK pacers to my memory and I have seen lots, lots of PAK cricket.

Either the coach is confusing them or just not bothering to earn his pay cheque. In fact, I don’t think they are even qualified enough - PCB went for glamorous names. Who with a sane head pick a loose cannon like Tait or a as single dimensional as Morne to be bowling coach on their playing career?

Phillips is an absolute gun

Once the Shaheen Parwaz Finn Allen comes through

This will be a monster NZ side!

Simon doull is absolutely right
We only played 36 ODI in last 4 years

How were we supposed to prepare for this WC?

Blame goes to PCB for scheduling more t20s with other boards and not ODIs

And fans want Babar to be accountable for PCB shortcomings???

This is a halwa pitch. Pak can chase this as long as they don't take too much pressure

Forget the losses to India & Australia, the trashing dished out to the Pakistani bowlers by the Kiwis and Afghans are quite epic.

Pakistan has the single worst balling attack in this tournament. Worse than Sri Lanka. Shaheen, despite so many years, can’t lead the bowling attack and to make it worse, Babar’s lethargic and unimaginative captaincy making it quite easy for teams to decimate this sorry bowling attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back