ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Afghanistan | Match 22 | Chennai | 23 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waqar Younis defending the no sixes in powerplay approach
We don't need to hit sixes, as long as we go at a good rr. With fakhar we didn't hit either but we were solid

Problem is imam and Abdullah can't score at a good rr lol. Fakhar when in form was a natural at striking and outbatting oppositions.

Pakistanis look comfortable thus far except couple of false shots by Abdullah, pitch looks on slow side.

The streak is broken

billy-bowden-six.gif

There's your six.

Said it before, but Abdullah's my guy.

Finally a six in the powerplay!!

Feels like we have won the World Cup!!

A score above 270 on this ground is very good, but we should aim for 300+

This is the the first six for Pakistan in the first powerplay in ODIs this year after 1168 balls.

It's just a flat deck, pak should be aiming to go past 300.

Win big, boost nrr.

This match is over for afg the moment they lost the toss, they can't Chase against pak

So it took us over 1000 deliveries to hit a six in the powerplay

Mind you we have Shajreel, Saim, Shan and Omair Yusuf on the bench

Watching on mobile phone and can't increase the volume but I can still hear some noise when boundary is hit.

Abdullah Shafique along with Rachin Ravindra and Aryan Dutt are finds of tournament..
High class player with no visible weakness 😍😍🔥🔥

Usually it's more windy in such locations which also helps keep the conditions dry
M not too sure. Brother @MMHS can u elaborate
It dews in winter everywhere in South Asia. Chennai is no different, but it’s extremely hot during day time - wind or no wind, it’s not comfortable in afternoon fielding.

Seriously hope that Shadab performs with the ball, at least today, as we need a final 11 where we don't pick and mix for the remaining games

What a six that was from Abdullah Shafique. It was Rohit-esque. Finally the streak is broken.

The more I watch Abdullah Shafique, the more I’m impressed by what I see from him.

Imam got a short ball from Naveen and he looked so clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back