ICC WT20 | Warm-up Match | England v Pakistan, Colombo (PSS), Sep 19, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
If you're on Twitter - Follow @PakPassion for live scoring updates from today's game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see any point of having a warm-up match int he middle of the world cup, but anyway. :)

I am expecting a nice drubbing of Pakistan at the hands of England which is good. It will help them stay on their toes for the real games. Otherwise another "victory" will make them care free and "dheelay" for the rest of the tournament.

ICC World Twenty20 Warm-up Match | England v Pakistan | Colombo (PSS) | 19/09/12

Match begins in just about 2 hours time. Let's see how we do in this final 2012 WC T20 warm-up.

Also, let's see what changes we make. I'd personally want Razzaq in for Sami and Asad in for Nazir.

Good luck to both sides!

I am expecting a nice drubbing of Pakistan at the hands of England which is good. It will help them stay on their toes for the real games. Otherwise another "victory" will make them care free and "dheelay" for the rest of the tournament.

That's why we let you win couple of days ago. :kapil

That's why we let you win couple of days ago. :kapil

You may or may not be kidding but I am dead serious. Pakistan does have a potential of becoming "care free" after a couple of victories. They run out gas, out of fire and out of desire for more. They lose the apatite for continuous victories. Now, this does not happen all the time but it may happen out of no where. That's just the Pakistan phenomenon.
So it's better to lose now than later.

They should really give Asad Shafiq a chance, the only squad member not to get match practice, he should be in place of Nazir or U.Akmal

I see where you're coming from. I have a similar mindset. Check this out -http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=121987

:D

Got a bit of stick for it but i was right, we were a completely different team from then on.

Last edited:
It sucks that it isn't being televised but considering we're the last team to play a group match and that match is on Sunday, it makes plenty of sense to have a warm up match now.

Raza Hasan to Hales, OUT
AD Hales c Abdul Razzaq b Raza Hasan 3 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 100.00

sami on... i don't think all warm up matches were televised.

Last edited:
Wow, interesting team combo. They have rested Tanvir and Gul to give others a chance which is good to see.

But one thing I don't get is that why are 13 players allowed per side? :13:

Anyways, good stuff from Raza so far! :14: If Afridi does not show his all-round abilities today, then I'm afraid he has to be dropped for Raza.

anyways atleast not too bad bowling 6 overs 34 is good
ajmal, afridi and hafeez will halt them

interesting to see which bowler gets rested in terms of number of overs bowled. (not who ain't playing ie. Tanvir)

Last edited:
PAk is letting all the tundlers get a bowl

ENG still scoring at less than run a ball :akhtar

Afridi should retire immediately before the tournament starts hes seriously not the afridi no more wqtch his economy be 10 or above again today.

watching Madrid last nite didn't even remember Pakistan has a warm up match today, thank you PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back