ICL T20 | Lahore Badshas v Hydrabad Heroes | 10/10/08

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Due to start soon - just watching the Opening Ceremony.

Not quite Beijing Olympics - and they seem to be trashing the pitch in the process.

Sickengly Bollywood' - but thats what its all about.

Yeah same here! Watching the opening ceremony! Was thinking of making a thread for this as no one had done so but thought you might aswell do it as your around! :)

Dead crowd - not clapping. The guy on the stage is clapping - no one following. He pleads with them to clap.

No one claps.

Muhammad said:
How's Rakhi doing, wowing the masses?

lol I don't think she's come yet!

Oh yeah OXY I noticed that too as there is no one else clapping it's absolutely dead!

Muhammad said:
How's Rakhi doing, wowing the masses?

Dont know who that is, but they have a female Indian presenter in the studio called Mayhanti Langer (sp).

Is she related to Justin Langer?

Oxy said:
Due to start soon - just watching the Opening Ceremony.

Not quite Beijing Olympics - and they seem to be trashing the pitch in the process.

So I'm not the only one who spotted Shiv Sena digging the pitch inbetween the Shaolin Monks trying to lynch a little boy and the dominatrix fire twirlers trying to set fire to the grass

This is embarrassing.

Presenter says 'zor see taaliyaan' (no one claps)....so he says 'COME OOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!' I cant hear you - clap louder.

And still no one claps.

Is there a 'clap tax' in force in this state?

Is that a Daler mehndi song?

I'm having this nightmare premonition of Daler's mate Zardari running in with an Olympic Torch thinking it's the olympics

Mercenary said:
Is that a Daler mehndi song?

I'm having this nightmare premonition of Daler's mate Zardari running in with an Olympic Torch thinking it's the olympics

Yeah that's a song sung by Daler Mehndi for the flick "Rang De Basanti"

Energetic dance routine - followed by Deafening silence!!! This time presenter doesnt bother asking crowd to wake up....

Its dark - are there any fans in the ground!

At last - teams come out onto the pitch

What disgusting colours they wear.

Honestly, I will say something positive soon!

Last edited:
Is Rakhi there yet? what time is she on, I gotta make plans to rush off home so that I can catch the routine.

ICL - you gotta laugh - the costumes...the kits...the mascots :)

In walks a fat guy in a green top....sorry, thats Inzi, not the mascot !

He leads the Badshahs out to the field!

I'd never thought Id be listening to BArry Manilow's music on 'prime-time TV'...ever!

Are ARY doing this? Shots of a budhaa in the TV control room on his mobile!!!

That balloon girl act is pretty impressive, they should make her go like a thousand feet in the air, that would be more impressive

I would nt venture too close to the Pakistani players if I was her...the girl not might escape alive......

Seargent Major Kapil Dev....please stand to attention!

Chris Cairns looking bemused....then remembers how much he is being paid...and all is well again :)

There was actually a small cheer for Kapil, probably just from the overpaid players!

Omar Malik said:
Kapil Dev say a "few" words!!! :p :D

Oh no...Kapil Dev starts his 'I had a dream' speech...not quite Luther King / Obama :)

Oxy said:
I would nt venture too close to the Pakistani players if I was her...the girl not might escape alive......

She might have pulled Inzi by the beard there if she went down to the Pakistani players! :p

Crowd give generous applause to Kapil - but not the opening cermony.

Take a hint....

Mercenary said:
Some guy talking in some weird language, i think its Klingon
Taking about what the British have done for India...now talking about I.T :)))

Stuart Law cracking up!

Oxy said:
Taking about what the British have done for India...now talking about I.T :)))

He starts saying politicians and movie stars arent real heroes.

I expected him to say India's soldiers or emergency staff are the real heroes but he says cricketers are the real heroes of India :))

One by one - theyve all gotta have their 5 mins on the mic!

Some pirate talking now. start it already. players look like in school assembly already tired and bored. I don't think they are allowed to sit down eitehr

Jeez....why are the lighting a flame?

Its not the Olympics!

Cricket please......

They have to dismantle the stage...could be hear for an hour+

Mercenary said:

I dont believe it there really is an ICL flame but Kapil lit it. Then they played Macho Man's entrance theme but he didn't come out, I dont blame him.

That 11 year old kid on Countdown is really a tough one to beat! He's already beaten around 6 competitors and today is playing against a Sikh!

7th win for the kid!

Last edited:
I would love Imran Nazir back in the Pakistan side =[

Back