"If Djokovic was a Pakistani cricketer, he would not have played beyond 30": Salman Butt

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Salman Butt's take on the age issue in Pakistan cricket:

"Shukr hai wo tennis khel skta hai. Pakistan mein hota to 30 saal se upar cricket nahi khel skta tha" which loosely translates to "Good that he plays tennis. If he was in Pakistan he wouldn't have been able to play cricket after turning 30."

"He wouldn't have been able to play even after scoring three hundreds"

"That was our old setup. Don't know what kind of people were they. Would themselves continue to play even after being 45 or 50 but to others, they would say you can't play as you are over 30"

https://news.abplive.com/sports/pak...ake-on-djokovic-s-australian-open-win-1579168

Last edited:
I think Salman Butt is a special kind of a special person. I think his eyes have been closed for the past 10 years. Ex/ current Pakistani cricketers tend to come out with the most idiotic comments which are far from the truth.

This age thing was not an issue when Misbah was around - so dont think Butt is right here.

The only criteria is performance.

If you can win games like Djokovic then no one will kick you out.

iftikhar
Younis Khan
Misbah
Azhar Ali
Sarfraz Ahmad
Nauman Ali
Shan Masood

Which old cricketer has not been selected in recent years?

why does any mediaperson take this guy's interviews. nobody should care what he has to say

I would agree with me. Why was M Amir given a special treatment.

Salman Butt to this day thinks he is a victim

Amir thinks he’s a victim too even when he was given everything back despite fixing.

Asif seems to be the only one out of the trio who showed some remorse. And got the least out of the three. Amir got his career back. Salman got various tv jobs, as well as even a short stint in PSL. The funny thing is Asif probably wouldn’t have got caught for fixing in the first place if it weren’t for Amir and Butt, they couldn’t trace anything directly to Asif.

These guys just don’t understand why fixing is such a bad thing in cricket. We need to take fixing seriously. Otherwise it will keep happening. Introduce life bans for international cricket for fixers. Look at New Zealand, they banned Lou Vincent from even setting foot in a cricket ground, that’s how seriously they take it. And Vincent didn’t even complain, as he understands the severity of what he did.

What a stupid dumb thing from yet another former Pakistani cricketer. Out of every country, Pakistan is the most notorious with 35+ players being on the team all the time and that's being 35+ with their fake ages too.

Some players like Hafeez & Ajmal all but played for Pakistan in their 30's (Hafeez being abysmal pre-2010). Sarfraz as a wicketkeeper is making comebacks at 34+. MisYou played so late in their 30's that they were probably in their 40's by their retirement. Dude's like Tabish Khan are debuting in their late 30's. Fawad Alam making comebacks in their mid 30's.

Pakistan is a gong show meanwhile you see players like Cook & ABD around the world retiring in their early 30's and Pakistani cricketers careers beginning in their 30's unless they happen to be fast tracked. And yet these dumb former players still complain and just make up utter rubbish & nonsense.

These days it’s actually the opposite - you only get selected after 30. Your 20s (the prime years) are wasted away in domestic and when you have been indoctrinated with the tuk tuk mindset - please come in, tashreef laiyee.

The average age of Pakistani squad that played world t20 2022 was 26.2. Shan masood was oldest 32.

Hello. Is this guy OK?
Can somebody give him the ages of the following players when they played their last or latest game for Pakistan

Malik
Hafeez
Sarfaraz
Nauman
Shan
Fawad
Azhar
Iftikhar
Haris Sohail
Imad

These have all played in the last 18 months

The only one that's fits his list is him- and I'm grateful about that.

Where did he say this and do people not pick him up on it?!!?

The more apt statement in relation to Pakistan Cricket would be “ If Federer had been a Pakistani cricketer he would have played till he was 45 year old - all the while pretending to be 25 year old and he could have had several retirements & comebacks without anyone blinking their eyelids over it!”

The more apt statement in relation to Pakistan Cricket would be “ If Federer had been a Pakistani cricketer he would have played till he was 45 year old - all the while pretending to be 25 year old and he could have had several retirements & comebacks without anyone blinking their eyelids over it!”

I think Al Capone would have been allowed to play for Pakistan after serving his jail sentence type thing more apt.

Amir thinks he’s a victim too even when he was given everything back despite fixing.

Asif seems to be the only one out of the trio who showed some remorse. And got the least out of the three. Amir got his career back. Salman got various tv jobs, as well as even a short stint in PSL. The funny thing is Asif probably wouldn’t have got caught for fixing in the first place if it weren’t for Amir and Butt, they couldn’t trace anything directly to Asif.

These guys just don’t understand why fixing is such a bad thing in cricket. We need to take fixing seriously. Otherwise it will keep happening. Introduce life bans for international cricket for fixers. Look at New Zealand, they banned Lou Vincent from even setting foot in a cricket ground, that’s how seriously they take it. And Vincent didn’t even complain, as he understands the severity of what he did.

Thing is, I always though of Asif as one of the bad boys, with a really good heart. Delboy Trotter types. Would get into various problems but just with a good heart. Amir especially was a snake and gave nothing back to your team despite all the support.

This is so random lol. Any cricketer from Pakistan past or present who can be compared with what Djokovic has accomplished: apples to apples ?

I mean someone who has Same level of fitness, work ethic, dedication and consistent performance over many years and top of that fairly injury free. Yes he is controversial at times and can say the wrong things. That’s probably a similarity but doesn’t make it the criteria for this ridiculous comparison.

This is so random lol. Any cricketer from Pakistan past or present who can be compared with what Djokovic has accomplished: apples to apples ?

I mean someone who has Same level of fitness, work ethic, dedication and consistent performance over many years and top of that fairly injury free. Yes he is controversial at times and can say the wrong things. That’s probably a similarity but doesn’t make it the criteria for this ridiculous comparison.
So random!

Djokovic is arguably the GOAT. Djokovic even now is fitter than any 20 year old Pakistani athlete/sportsman/cricketer.

Tennis players on average will always be more fitter and hard working then cricketers due to the more intensive sport lol.

Even bowling just requires short run ups and as fielders you only chase the ball when it's in your line of sight.

In tennis you gotta run 24/7.

Yes lets use an extreme example of someone in another sport. These ex cricketers have the IQ of a donkey. Sitting there openly lying about their ages, shameless.

Back