If you could invite 5 cricketers (any generation) for dinner...

I m from nowshera, might know abt pathans a Lil bit more. When it comes to mianwali 10% are pushto speaking and that comes from the ahmedzai tribe there. The niazis don't speak pushto. They mostly dn call themselves as pathans. Imran basically calls himself a pathan from his mother side. Now misbah is a niazi too from mianwali, he doesn't call himself a pathan

I am not saying pure Pathan but Pathan by blood that's what i am saying...

shoaib akhtar
shane warne
chris gayle
shahid afridi
kevin peterson

6th man/substitute - sourav ganguly

a lot of you guys are picking the greatest players, but i picked players who would provide me the greatest entertainment during my dinner =)

I am not saying pure Pathan but Pathan by blood that's what i am saying...

And secondly we voted for him overwhelmingly considering him to be one of us and my city nowshera and Peshawar are the only two regions where he won all the seats; both provincial and national

And secondly we voted for him overwhelmingly considering him to be one of us and my city nowshera and Peshawar are the only two regions where he won all the seats; both provincial and national

Yup PTI won all the seats from NA1 to NA6 both seats in Nowshera NA5 and NA6 and all the 4 NA seats of Peshawar NA1-NA4 but In Punjab PTI also won all the seats in Mianwali 2 NA seats and 4 PP seats...

1) Lonwabo Tsotsobe
2) Vinay Kumar
3) Gulbadin Naib
4) Tendai Chatara
5) Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath

I hope they get along =)

The four bowlers and Misbah-ul-Haq to discuss how they ripped apart South Africa's batting lineup to whitewash the series.

:misbah :junaid :irfan :ajmal :zulfiqarb

Ajmal
Misbah
Amla
Imran
Yousuf/Afridi/Inzi/Akhtar

^ Would love it if this happens.

Don
Warne
Ambrose (Have been forever in awe of the big man, want to meet him once)
Ranjitsinhji (would really like to know what he thinks for sure)
Dravid the wall (my favorite player)

Roger Twose
Dwayne Lewrock
Inzy Haq
Arjuna Ranatunga
David Boon

Don
Warne
Ambrose (Have been forever in awe of the big man, want to meet him once)
Ranjitsinhji (would really like to know what he thinks for sure)
Dravid the wall (my favorite player)

"Curtly talks to no-one"

He won't accept the invitation :p

Imran Khan
Misbah Ul Haq
Saeed Anwar
Michael Holding
Ricky Ponting
Dravid

makes it 6.. but oh well :p

Akhtar
Asif
Warne
Rehman
Thranga

We won't technically be having "dinner"

Golden Oldie :)

Time for some new comments in this thread.

Sachin Tendulkar, Donald Bradman, Jack Hobbs, Garfield Sobers, Viv Richards.

Misbah-Contrast with Afridi
Afridi-Contrast with Misbah
Muhammad Irfan-take a picture of him and mushtaq
Mushtaq Ahmed-take a picture of him with Irfan
Rameez Raja-for analysis on the dinner.
:D

Imran Khan Niazi, King VIV, Brian Charles Lara, Marshall (had he been alive) and Gavasker

People obviously want to invite Imran Khan , but I have seen enough of his "dharnas" and "speeches" and while I don't necessarily oppose the guy, but I have already known all I want about him from speeches...

It was hard to decide.. I would pick people who would be hard to reach and interesting to talk too..

Who is that?

Sachin is a good cricketer, but he is too soft spoken for me. He probably would have a high pitch voice, and it would get boring pretty quickly in a dinner conversation. I love the guy. He is so humble and nice. But just not conversational material.

I would invite let's see:

Vivian Richards : It would be fascinating to see what he thought of present day batsmen and bowlers and how he faced and played his game against the greatest.

Donald Bradman : Anything to question about this one?

WG Grace : Amazing batsmen, amazing player. One of the legends.

Fred "The Demon" Spofforth : It would be interesting to hear cricket way back in the early 1900s and see how fast he actually bowled to pick up tons of wickets...

The last one is a toughie...

I could Pick Wasim or Warne but I hear them often enough in the commentary to establish their views about cricket.

Lara: A genius, but after the picking of Viv, I don't know really...

Who would be interesting...

Shahid Afridi already gives enough interviews to know about him...

Now people might laugh at me.. but I have made a decision...

I would pick Misbah :)

But I am biased here... I admit.. I would just love to hear, how he manages himself while the whole world is blaming him for the team's struggles, while the world thinks he is a loser, but he still manages to perform at age of 41 , and make Pakistan win games....

For me that's a biography worth listening too :)

Sir Don - Greatest Batsmen
Murali - Greatest Bowler
Great Khan - Greatest All Rounder
Clive Llyod - Greatest Captain
Steve Waugh - Iceman

Plus

Tony Greig - Greatest Commentator

Ajmal
Misbah
Amla
Imran
Yousuf/Afridi/Inzi/Akhtar

^ Would love it if this happens.

I don't know why I wanted to meet the last four guys on here so I'll switch it around and invite Sachin Tendulker.

Updated guest list:

Imran
Ajmal
Misbah
Amla
Sachin

Its a no brainier guys

Wasim Akram
Lara
Steve Waugh
Marti Crow
Saeed Anwar

I don't know why I wanted to meet the last four guys on here so I'll switch it around and invite Sachin Tendulker.

Updated guest list:

Imran
Ajmal
Misbah
Amla
Sachin

You forgot Moeen bhai.

Amla bhai
Moeen bhai
Tahir bhai
Waleed bhai
Devcich bhai

#BeardFiesta

:amla

PLAYERS I WOULD INVITE :

Fawad Alam-he hardly eats a thing (so it seems) so it would leave more for me.
Ehsan Adil-he could do with a bit of food (and still leave enough for me).
Ahmed Shehzad-we could have a food fight.
Misbah-he`ll tuk tuk with his fork while I will gobble everything up.
Afridi-( I trust the dinner will not be on a Blue Moon ) he will leave without eating a thing.

Want to add Saeed Anwar as well.

Was a huge fan of him back when I was a kid. Him and Afridi used to open, and even at that age I knew Afridi is a waste of a spot who is going to get out any instant playing a stupid shot.

Oh,and I will have Ishant Sharma as back up if any of the five do not turn up.I will make sure to have meat dishes ONLY.

How could I forget ROHIT SHARMA. In fact I'd honor him by inviting him alone, not with the rest of the 4 guys on my list. Then make him watch a Ram Gopal Varma movie till 12 in the night.

And then finally ask him to leave without any dinner :D

Fazl Mehmood
Hanif Muhammad
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Akhtar

As I can have dinner with Misbah easily, so not listing him here. Otherwise I would have replaced Shoaib with Misbah.

I will invite, Virat Kohli (Maybe I'll get a chance to meet Anushka?) , Ahmed Shehzad ( Just to look how close he is in looks to Kohli) , AB De Villiers ( Because I want to know what does he eats to play ridiculous shots) , Imran Khan ( To tell him stop doing jalsas and focus on KPK ) and lastly Younis Khan ( To give him a good view of his pathetic ODI Performances after a dinner )

Fazl Mehmood
Hanif Muhammad
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Akhtar

As I can have dinner with Misbah easily, so not listing him here. Otherwise I would have replaced Shoaib with Misbah.

How easily?

In another day these "random" fellows wouldn't be bad, Saleem Malik, Mohammed Azharuddin, Hansie Cronje, Manoj Prabhakar (was buried under the rubble for stating the truth people did not want to hear), Mohammad Asif.

Imran Khan
Mohammed Amir
Wasim Akram
Abdul Hafeez Kardar
Shoaib Akhtar

Sanga
Mahela
Kohli
BMac
KP
------
6th one- Denzel Washington :19:

Wow..what a great bunch to have a dinner with.

*No South Africans coz they might start choking on my dinner table too.

Douglas Jardine
Bill O'Reilly
WG Grace
Keith Miller
Fred Trueman

These days it will be one and only: Muhammad Younis Khan

... and lock him in a room & then call PCB to send Fawad Alam as a replacement.

Chris Gayle- What worth is "cricket party" without this guy huh? :gayle

Kevin Pietersen- Who says only girls like to Gossip?-Might get some spicy inside scoop :moyo

Moh.Asif-Need some supplies to make the pre and post Dinner party more lively :asif

Arun Lal- Being a Fellow Nature and Bird watch enthisiast,I think I will enjoy our conversation :af

David Lloyd-The guy is funny,makes me laugh,so no brainer there :bumble

Salim Malik
Azharuddin
Cairns
Gibbs
Dhoni

Whatever we talk stays between the 6 of us (and pakpassion ofcourse).

Just tell me once clearly about all the match fixing, is there any truth to it, walk me through each and every example you know of while we sit and watch the videos.

I'll invite Amir, Hafeez, Misbah, Younis and Afridi so we can finally move on and put the Amir issue to rest.

Last edited:
As a 10 yr old schoolboy, I already had fortune of having dinner with the legendary Imran Khan. Since my uncle was the Director general of police, Imran, Wasim and one more Pakistani player who i dont remember anymore, alongwith Sunil and Kapil, they were invited for official dinner. And I was sitting next to Imran.

As a 10 yr old schoolboy, I already had fortune of having dinner with the legendary Imran Khan. Since my uncle was the Director general of police, Imran, Wasim and one more Pakistani player who i dont remember anymore, alongwith Sunil and Kapil, they were invited for official dinner. And I was sitting next to Imran.

Oh wow. What an experience it might have been for you. I hope you took lots of pics. :kakmal:kakmal

I would invite Amir, Salim Malik, Butt, Asif and Cairns to ask them questions about the art of selling your country.

Ian Botham,Ian Chappel,GregChappel, Viv Richards &GeoffBoycott, first to solve the long term animosity between the 2 Ians and then have a good cricket discussion about various matters. Incase a physical fight again breaks out between the 2 Ians, the other 3 people can separate them apart.:mc

Andrew Flintoff - always seemed like a fun bloke to hang out with
Steve Waugh - will have great stories about the aussie invincibles that he led for so many years ice cool,lead the group and dont let things boil over
Shoaib Akhtar - straight no-nonsense talker who doesn;t mince his words, also seems fun :aamer
Inzamam - Flintoff has to pick on someone, anything he says in English is gold!
Geoffrey Boycott - always loved his commentary and stories

Some people are picking their favourite 5 players but I'd rather want entertaining guests who'll give us a good time :p

Imran Khan - no shortage of questions to ask
Aamer Sohail - pulls no punches, will have plenty of gossip from 1990s
Chris Gayle - as he can bring over some of that sweet jerk chicken he's always on about on Twitter
Misbah-ul-Haq - adds a bit of class and sophistication to the night
Shoaib Akhtar - good storyteller, though might cause a fight with Misbah !

:shocked

What about Bilal Asif?!

What did he do, that you suddenly turned you back towards him?? :33:

He is too special to be invited for dinner lol... I wanted vocal/entertaining players to gang up on WG Grace lol.. Just to tease him.. Would be interesting to see WG Grace's reaction to this company.. One from a totally different generation :D

1. Amir Sohail
2. Venkatesh Prasad
3. Sidhu
4. Javed Miandad
5. Chetan Sharma

I would add Sehwag and Akhtar if possible

:)

I would invite Amir, Salim Malik, Butt, Asif and Cairns to ask them questions about the art of selling your country.

if you're going about this bs of people selling their countries then you should rather invite your local government employees cuz no one has sold their country like them

Oh wow. What an experience it might have been for you. I hope you took lots of pics. :kakmal:kakmal

It actually was! Cant forget. I do have some pictures. What I remember of Imran is, his yellow tshirt that he wore! And his facial features. When you see him from close, his eyes are too inside, and his forehead stands out. Cant actually put it in words or rather, in english , what I want to say

Imran Khan ( No discussion on politics)
Ricky Ponting
Clive Lloyd
Dhoni
Ranatunga

It will be a leadership summit!

I bet no one will invite Inzi & Moyo . Inzi sabka khana kha jayega & then these 2 will insist to every one that let us pray together :D
LOL [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Back