If you could invite 5 cricketers (any generation) for dinner...

Asif Iqbal - As he holds a special place in my heart
Kumara Sangakara - one classy sportsman
Ricky Ponting - Punter
Kapil Dev - Ever Smiling
Jonty Rhodes - a True Passionate

And The list goes on....

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Mohammad Azharuddin, Mohammad Kaif, Shahid Afridi, Andrew Symonds and Hashim Amla :afridi :amla

Shoaib Akhtar
Shane Warne
Marlon Samuels
Gautam Gambhir
Andre Nel

sab ke sab mil kar laro!

Not sure if I have replied to this before, but my picks would be -

Kohli
Dhoni
Viv Richards
Ponting
AB Devillers

WG Grace:bm
Gary Sobers
Tendulkar
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall

Was thinking Inzi but if I invited him no dinner would be left for all the other guests:)))

I love this thread. For the masala and entertainment:

Bishan Bedi
Sarfraz Nawaz
Amir Sohail
Virender Sehwag
Geoff Boycott

Let the fireworks commence.

Mohinder Amarnath
Ian Botham
Sunil Gavaskar
Imran Khan
Don Bradman

Imran Farhat
Yasir Hameed
Shan Masood
Iftikar Ahmed
Salam Butt

I would ask them, as the only players in the world worse than me at cricket, which strings to pull to gain national selection when you're rubbish. I would probably take them to my nearest lake for some fishing for the evening, given that these are 5 of the finest fisherman Pakistan has ever produced. :)

Pietersen
Anderson
Broad
Prior
Swann

Dinner is always better if a fight breaks out.

1) Ahmed Shehzad
2) Umer Akmal
3) Waqar Younis
4) Virat Kohli
5) Chris Gayle

Imran
Wasim
Misbah
Inzamam
Yousuf

I can probably get to the bottom of every juicy Pakistani backroom story by inviting these guys. All will be revealed.

Pietersen
Anderson
Broad
Prior
Swann

Dinner is always better if a fight breaks out.

Come on. Poor KP will get mauled by the English clique. Send an invite to Piers Morgan as well.

1. Shoaib Akhtar
2. Shahid Afridi
3. Mohammad Yousuf
4. Aamir Sohail
5. Younis Khan

It will be the most interesting and heated dinner of all time.

On a serious note, I would invite:

1. Richie Benaud
2. Bill Lawry
3. Tony Grieg
4. Intikhab Alam
5. Barry Richards

Just imagine the amount of knowledge one can get from these individuals.

1- Imran Khan - charismatic and would share some great stories. Speaks so well so def someone I would like at this table.

2- Steve Waugh - a very blunt and aggressive guy. I would really like to see how he would be in a casual setting and also would like to hear his insights on success for Australia in the 90s and his sledging encounters.

3- Kumar Sangakarra - a very enlightened and educated personality. Again his encounters have been quite interesting. I would like him to share some experiences like the one he had with Shaun Pollock.

4- Vivian Richards - solely for knowing the insight and recipe for success of the West Indies in the 90s.

5- David Lloyd - my favorite commentator. He would be a driving force in most conversations.

I don't need five. Just three for some fireworks. :yk

Waqar Younis
Umar Akmal
Ahmed Shahzad

OR

Mohammad Asif
Salman Butt
Mohammad Amir

Invite a cricketer over for dinner?

Dravid and Sanga to have intellectual discussions with.

Gayle to party with.

Bradman to ask him how he did it.

And Lara

http://i.imgur.com/qwIMDxm.gifv

for post dinner romance.

Warner and Flintoff if I want to get totally drunk.

Very simple.
Kumble
Murali
Bedi
A. Kadir
Shakib.

Why Shakib? So that the beneficial Subcontinental knowledge is passed on to the next generation.

Imran Khan
Waqar Younis
Brian Lara
Jack Kallis
Dave Houghton
Martin Crowe

And I know these are six but can’t take anyone off :p

Ohhh its a tough one but I'm a go with
No.1 - Mohammad Yousuf - I grew up watching Yousuf bat specially that 2006 run that he had which was a fantastic to see

No.2 - Wasim Akram - One the best fast bowlers of all time and the most talented player to come out of Pakistan

No.3 - Imran Khan - Imran is without a doubt one of my idols. What he did for Pakistan cricket was beyond belief

No.4 - Ab De Villiers - Probably my favourite batsman right now. I would love to know how he became the player that he is and how he has the confidence to become so unorthodox.

No.5 - Kumar Sangakkara - The best wicketkeeper with Adam Gilchrist when I was growing up. The fact he could play the way that he did at No.3 as well was amazing specially for being a wicketkeeper.

BTW my earliest memory of cricket was in 2003-04

Saeed anwar
Mohammed Yusuf
Hashim Amla
Inzamam ul haq
Shahid Afridi

One of my all time fav threads! Lets see if any more thoughts on this

1.Imran Khan:that manly leaderlike voice,charishma.Transformer of a team.
2.Viv: Brutal assassinator with a smile on face and chewing gum inside mouth.
3. Tamim Iqbal:Thinks big playing for a small country.He is always motivated,motivates others in his team.A character.
4.Sunil Gavaskar:He scored 10000 runs and 34 centuries in a time when nobody even could think of that figure.Great player,gentleman,good analyzer what you want more?
5.Danny Morrison:To have fun with a funny guy.

Last edited:
Well this is going to be fun

Babar Azam-The one player I feel terrible after he is out,And a big fan
Joe Root-He's a nice lad and he has some humour as well
Sachin Tendulkar-Ask him how he made 100 intl hundreds
Imran Khan-Well he is Pakistans hero and he actually turned us into a formidable team
Moeen Ali-As a British Pakistani myself I respect Moeen a lot and he's a very humble guy

Malcolm Marshall
Ian Botham
Imran Khan
Shane Warne
Martin Crowe

MS Dhoni
Clive Lloyd
Imran Khan
Ricky Ponting
Graeme Smith(Would have loved Hansie Cronje here)

Discuss about captaincy, their batting, how they strategize etc, would be a great disucssion

I would like to invite Kumar Sangakkara, Virat Kohli, Shahid Afridi, Rashid Khan and Darren Sammy.

My picks

1) Misbah
2) Babar
3) Rizwan
4) Imad
5) Amir

^^ then I'd eat popcorn and watch the fireworks and drama unfold

I’d like to add Imran Khan to my original list. Would love to learn the art of using bottle tops.

Muhammad Azharuddin
Muhammad Kaif
Shahid Afridi
David Warner
Hashim Amla/Paul Collingwood/Andrew Symonds

If I need the kitchen hoovered out with food near its expiry date then Azam Khan

I’d like to add Imran Khan to my original list. Would love to learn the art of using bottle tops.

If Sachin is on your list, he’ll have your old balls looking like red cherries, without even informing you.

I would like to invite desi cricketers only because I'm poor at English 😂😂

Gambhir
Kohli
Afridi
Harbhajan
Sreesanth

I am always curoius to see what MS Dohni says. He always tries to throw some philosophical quotes every now and then. So many present, past cricketers have shared interesting anecdotes about him. Sometimes in amusement. So definitely he would be one of the guy.

People are simply going for the big names without considering their personalities and suitability for a dinner party setting.

Don Bradman was by all accounts an aloof and miserly individual who some of his own teammates disliked.

Imran Khan by his own admission is painfully shy on a one-to-one basis.

Viv Richards, who I have utmost respect for, is not a riveting speaker. Ditto for Sachin Tendulkar.

My criteria is the guest must be a rich storyteller, well informed with a good sense of humour. So here goes:

1) Mike Atherton - educated and can speak at length on many subjects.
2) Kumar Sangakkara - as above and has played the modern game.
3) Geoffrey Boycott - guaranteed to provide needle and controversy !
4) Wasim Akram - for all his flaws as a commentator, he's a great storyteller. Lancashire connection with Atherton and has competed against Sanga.
5) Richie Benaud - a cool, wise head who'll prevent the occasion from spiralling out of control.

Honourable mentions:

Inzamam-ul-Haq - if you talk to his peers, Inzy had the best sense of humour in the 90s Pakistan dressing room. His one liners and deadpan delivery is gold. Sadly his English would be a barrier to conversation !

Michael Holding - passionate, articulate and can make reading the phone book sound riveting.

Tony Cozier - if an Angel came down from the heavens, it would sound like Cozier with his Bajan accent. Incredibly knowledgeable and by all accounts liked a good time. No he wasn't an international cricketer but played at a local level.

Ian Bishop - same as above two.

David Lloyd - Never short of words, jokes or stories.

Sachin Tendulkar
Virat Kohli
Kapil Dev
Sunil Gavaskar
Irfan Pathan

I would add poi*** in their Veggie Biryani.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back