"I'm ready for the challenge of international cricket" : Usman Khan Shinwari

hopefully he performs well and get another chance in National team

bowled really well today against Islamabad

10 overs 3 maidens 19 runs 2 wickets

yes that is the other issue, we need and off-spinner. No doubt all ou mentioned are the best in lot even Zafar Gohar can be our solution but he is not expiriance enough. We are in serious need of dominant spinner like Ashwin who can bowl and bat

Agha Salman could fill in that role but we should also consider babar azam to fill in that spot. babar is a good batsman and can bowl part time off spin also.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] what are your thoughts on this guy Now seems to be working very hard on fitness also

decent quaid azam trophy for him

Post injury his action has changed.

Left arm Umar Gul now.

Action needs more work.

Gosh, he was really hopeless tonight, wasn't he?

No pace, no bounce, no swing, no seam, no control of line or length.

Either he was very nervous, or he just is not very good.

Gosh, he was really hopeless tonight, wasn't he?

No pace, no bounce, no swing, no seam, no control of line or length.

Either he was very nervous, or he just is not very good.

looks in very good rhythm today

Usman Khan Shinwari could legit qualify for being an Aussie from his looks lol. Good bowling today. If he gets Butt today, that'll be really good.

He's joined the Karachi Kings today as an emerging player, replacing the injured Abrar Ahmed.

Shinwari has a bright future I think, good in all formats

Last edited:
He's joined the Karachi Kings today as an emerging player, replacing the injured Abrar Ahmed.

With your new avatar, it seems whatever you are saying it is making you disappointed lol

With your new avatar, it seems whatever you are saying it is making you disappointed lol

Can't have different avatars for different threads....

Seems like Abrar has a serious injury which is sad but chance for Shinwari I guess.

Very impressed with him so far in this match.

Bowled some very good yorkers also.

what a match for Shinwari
his mentality is amazing
handled the pressure well
fantastic spell from him
better than Irfan jr imho
can bowl all kinds of deliveries

Bowled pretty well though it was at easy moments. I wanted to see him under the pump against Afridi and Sammy.

135-140 but has a quick arm action. On to you faster than you think.

he got hammered on his debut by left handers. Lets see whether he bowls the same as he bowled to righties. Further, he does not appear like a guy who can swing it. It appears that he just mixes it up, not letting it swing or seam.

Its a pity that he is sitll 135ish. He was 135-139 on his debut too. Must be that back injury that he had. Looks like he wont get to 145 range as 3 years have passed and his pace is still the same

Regards

he got hammered on his debut by left handers. Lets see whether he bowls the same as he bowled to righties. Further, he does not appear like a guy who can swing it. It appears that he just mixes it up, not letting it swing or seam.

Its a pity that he is sitll 135ish. He was 135-139 on his debut too. Must be that back injury that he had. Looks like he wont get to 145 range as 3 years have passed and his pace is still the same

Regards
He was more around 129-133 on his debut.

He was more around 129-133 on his debut.
:doh:
on his debut, he bowled at 139.9 kph several times, I saw that with my own eyes, average pace would be 135 kph
heard from Rashid Latif, he used to bowl 140+ kph consistently in first class

Last edited:
:doh:
on his debut, he bowled at 139.9 kph several times, I saw that with my own eyes, average pace would be 135 kph
heard from Rashid Latif, he used to bowl 140+ kph consistently in first class

dude 139 was about 1 to 5 times, as far as i remember, maybe i am wrong

Did you watch this match kid????? It was Sohail KING Khan..

hey shrink! yes I got the name wrong but it was usman who got kk back into the match with his tight bowling when your sohail unfit khan got smacked for sixes and almost the lost the match for kk. it was the second last over of the match in which usman got wahab's wicket which put the pressure back on zalmi. do your homework.

Currently, yes.

But Irfan Jnr has a higher ceiling.

If he gets a few technical aspects sorted out he can increase his pace.

Unlike Shinwari Irfan can actually move the ball around.

Khan can move it crazily, but it's early swing. Nothing threatening.

Currently, yes.

But Irfan Jnr has a higher ceiling.

If he gets a few technical aspects sorted out he can increase his pace.

Unlike Shinwari Irfan can actually move the ball around.

Just like Umer Akmal has a higher ceiling than anyone who ever held a willow right ?? Thanks but no Thanks !!

I fail to see any of the hype around Irfan Jnr. He is another Tanvir and not because their actions are similar

Improvement in Usman Khan Shinwari?

He looks a lot better than i last seen him play for Pakistan. Good control and enough pace. Also very good at death overs.

Doesn't have that crazy swing that made him famous, but pace is up and line/length has been improving. Hopefully he become a good prospect in due time.

He should be added to our T20 squad. His pace is higher than the other young fast bowlers in PSL.

usman shinwari!

did he regain his confidence back during this psl...he looks a good loi bowler!

Teams could've punished him a bit more.

For now, he looks like a poor man's Umar Gul.

Teams could've punished him a bit more.

For now, he looks like a poor man's Umar Gul.

can he improve with the same action.i dont know much about the action etc but on naked eye his action doesnt loook good to generate pace or swing .his previous action was better..

Boy now is the time to show whole world what u are capable of.... Usman Khan Shinwari selected for Independence Cup against World XI

One of the best bowlers in Pakistan. Was really hoping he'd get selected in place of Amir. Hopefully he can capitalize and use this opportunity to cement his place in the team. Looking forward to a couple of 5fers.

The problem with Shinwari is that he swings from the hand, which is easily detectable and a complete non-threat to any competent batsman that knows how to deal with lateral movement. Plus he would be bowling with Kokuburra balls here so that certainly negates the threat even more.

What I would be most interested in is how he would bowl at the death, because if he can get those yorkers in like he did in the WXI game I am sure he would be a very handy addition to your fast bowling stocks.

However, all this is subject to him figuring out that run up of his which apparently was messed up by someone in the PCB or the management :facepalm:

Today in QEA:

Lahore Region White (First innings) 19-2 in 11 overs: (Usman Shinwari 2-7)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="in" dir="ltr">Usman Khan Shinwari presented with his Pakistan cap by Shoaib Malik on his ODI debut at the 4th ODI against Sri Lanka <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvSL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/0b3DkctAcf">pic.twitter.com/0b3DkctAcf</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/921311068626079744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back