Import tax on bats

Waleedk11

Debutant
Runs
Do customs (Britain) apply tax on cricket bats (edit) From Pakistan? Im looking to buy 4 on top of the two i already have over there. Does anyone have any experience. Thanks.

Last edited:
Will they be coming with you in your bag? If yes then it is highly unlikely I'd say and if they are being shipped to you in UK then most likely yes you will be charged.

Ah ok, Im bringing them in my bag but is there a possibility that they may charge me as i arrive in the UK? Really wouldn't want that to happen.

I doubt they will do that, I seriously doubt.

You declare the value at customs and you declare what you're bringing in. I believe if you declare that you're bringing bats then you'd get hit by customs.

Ah ok, Im bringing them in my bag but is there a possibility that they may charge me as i arrive in the UK? Really wouldn't want that to happen.

waleed i take bats from pakistan to england in seperate packaging and havent been hit buy taxes at all...

I think, you just need to prove that these are not new bats and that you have used them in the past; so just take them out of their 'wrappers' and keep them in a way whereby you can declare that you do not have any new bats with you.

Back