Imran Farhat Vol.2

I always appreciate those who try. Farhat and Raina have always been my favorite boys and i would have them both in their respective test sides if i could. Hafeez is a Ph. and will never get my vote as a batsman.

Last edited:
I always appreciate those who try. Farhat and Raina have always been my favorite boys and i would have them both in their respective test sides if i could. Hafeez is a Ph. and will never get my vote as a batsman.

how do you figure out who is trying and who isnt?

You are deluded on the trying part. Raina should sue you for comparing him to farhat. Farhat is on record for threatening the selectors. Woolmer had issues with him. Geoff Lawson has told me himself that farhat threatened him. Waquar has issues with farhat not trying during training, Saj wrote a thread on it back during the England tour , and of course we have all seen what whatmore thinks of farhat

Now that their loving boi Ali has failed i wont see any hatred at all. For some its just too convenient to be hating on Jamai babu, jelly of the great father in law he has.

Displaying his positive attitude to the awaam, the man.

how funny this game is....sometimes - just when you think you have got everyone figured out
its early days....but he looks more composed than ever.
i guess being better than hafeez is not much of a qualification

Show faith in him, he will only get better. Truth is, you always doubted him, never let him feel part of this group despite being one. :(

Show faith in him, he will only get better. Truth is, you always doubted him, never let him feel part of this group despite being one. :(

he was tripe...but then i always thought that hafeez and yasir hameed were also tripe.
so much in cricket, like life, is about being at the right place and in the right time.

hafeez owes his resurrection to playing in the subcontinent all of last year....compare that to farhat who was fishing outside off-stump on that infamous test tour to england a few seasons...that cost him his place in the side....and brought in hafeez who bedded in on subcontinental pitches

He was this, he was that. :facepalm: Judge the man by this commitment to cricket today, do you think he's putting more effort to his batting or Hafeez?

He loves making 50s then throwing it away, but with the openers we have 50 is like a 100.

Imran ensures a series average of 30+. Mission successful, congrats to the fanclub. :14:

When Farhat is one of the better bats in your team, you realize how bad our batting is.

No, thats when you realize that at least one guy is improving (has improved). :)

No, thats when you realize that at least one guy is improving (has improved). :)

FC...

Farhat has always been good for a 30...

Just can't keep it up. . He loses concentration. .

Hope he can keep his concentration up today.

If we can get a lead of 100... Who knows!

Update that to:
Azhar Ali 27*(110)

I'm all for occupying the crease but having a strike rate of less than 25 is just simple cowardice.

soon or less azhar's wicket will drop now he has the chance to put the runs on the board before its too late he has support from farhat on the other end

Very elegant, see what a bit of concentration and application can do.

He looks to have good fitness too.

Imagine if our more talented batsmen did the same, we would play a lot better.

Farhat - 37* (74) :14:
Azhar - 27* (110) :facepalm:

Haters, where are you?

Farhat looks very very comfortable out there. Despite having a poor record he is very skilled and talented.

One reason for his success is because he's looked to be positive. Rotate strike and put away the bad ball which is the basics of batting. Sadly some of our others don't do this.

Serves him right. His negativity was affecting Immy's confidence as well.

Farhat looks very very comfortable out there. Despite having a poor record he is very skilled and talented.

One reason for his success is because he's looked to be positive. Rotate strike and put away the bad ball which is the basics of batting. Sadly some of our others don't do this.

He is the product of a generation of cricketers before Misbah thats why.

Honestly, the guy IS playing well. Countering the short ones with soft hands and making most of the loose deliveries.

Strike rate is good too.

This is what im thinking for the one days - Farhat and Nasir to open.

Hafeez comes in at no 3.

What does everyone think about this?

This is around the time where Farhat throws his wicket away. I'll label this period from 30 runs-60 runs his 'nervous phase'.

Strike rate is good too.

This is what im thinking for the one days - Farhat and Nasir to open.

Hafeez comes in at no 3.

What does everyone think about this?

Azhar at no 3 is fine; Hafeez can come down at 7 to delay the tail, or give way for a 4th bowler like Abdur Rehman.

Jamshed
Farhat
Azhar
YK
Misbah
Shafiq
Hafeez/4th bowler
Keeper
Bowlers (Gul, Junaid and Ajmal)

This is around the time where Farhat throws his wicket away. I'll label this period from 30 runs-60 runs his 'nervous phase'.

Many will rejoice when it happens. Pakistanis always enjoying failures of their non favorite batsmen.

Congrats to all the haters, Immy is out. Time to dance. :facepalm:

He is a garbage and will be like that as they say in IT Garbage in Garbage out(GIGO).....an 20 30 and holes out.......people are falling in love with him because the rest of the openers have failed....but that doesn't mean Farhat has became a champ

If he can conquer this '30-60' nervous phase, then he can really become a proper batsman we can depend on. It's been his achilles heel for the longest time. Oh well.

I hope they don't drop Jamshed for him lol because Hafeez will definitely return to play the 1st ODI

I'm going to say it... I hope he plays the first odi. In two innings he showed his worth against steyn and philander whilst others had failed. In general he is an improved batsman to the early years.

But I'm not saying I want either hafeez or jamshed to be dropped. I hope they play all 3 and drop a middle order batsman.

I'm going to say it... I hope he plays the first odi. In two innings he showed his worth against steyn and philander whilst others had failed. In general he is an improved batsman to the early years.

But I'm not saying I want either hafeez or jamshed to be dropped. I hope they play all 3 and drop a middle order batsman.

He is indeed a much improved bat. His recent ODI scores are: 56, 9, 47, 10, 52, 4, 12, 10, 70, 3, 50

But there is still room for improvement.
As those scores suggest he needs to be more consistent and start converting fifties to hundreds

i don't know what this fuss is about Imran Farhat seem like just hate

he played 5 games last year scored 2 50's

only 4 players who averaged more than him last year are Nasir Jamshed, Sarfaraz Ahmed, And Azhar Ali, Misbah

his career average is more than Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afrdi, Ahmed shezad

not defending him all im saying is support pakistan not your favorite rubbish (players) over deserving payers

I may just stop following Pak kirkit if he's unfairly dropped again.

12* (41)

not being able to middle a ball right now...but he's trying his best...

Classiest batsman in all of Pakistan. Whoever doesn't believe in the emergence of Volume 2 is blind. Vol. 2 is for real. Imran is an improved batsman.

Scored more runs than Jamshed in both ODI and tests despite only one chance in both the formats. Some fans just don't appreciate class and brilliance of Imran Farhat, Pakistani Lara. :moyo

Scored more runs than Jamshed in both ODI and tests despite only one chance in both the formats. Some fans just don't appreciate class and brilliance of Imran Farhat, Pakistani Lara. :moyo

Now if we had a fair system (which I dont think we do) then Jamshed should be behind Farhat now in the pecking order.

Jamshed should realise that he wont always get to bat on roads where he scores all his runs and on good bowling surfaces, Farhat has shown that he is the better batsman.

He is flaying like a wild man, you would think with his eye in he will middle something but just keeps swinging and missing

This guy is so secure, i mean you don't really expect a Pakistani opener to build an inning like that under such immense pressure. Remarkable temperament and he's looked all class. Of course, it would have been great had the SR been better but anyway it seems like he got it all nicely sorted out in his mind. In my opinion, he's the most technically sound opener in the sub continent.

Batting technique (in descending order)

Imran
Vijay
Dhawan
Jamshed
Gambhir
Ashwin
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Umar Gul
Ishant Sharma
Mohd Hafeez

THAT Six ! WOW! :bow:

No Lara, to be honest if you forget about past record, Farhat of today actually looks like a lefty mirror image of Tendulkar. The backfoot punch, the upper cut attempt, the straight lofted six over bowlers' head and the follow through all reminded me of Tendulkar. Of course one has been a struggling player throughout his career and the other is probably the greatest ever but looks wise its pretty close.

Last edited:
you are brillant troll my friend

half honest half mocking

plus you have plausible deniability

keep it up

you are brillant troll my friend

half honest half mocking

plus you have plausible deniability

keep it up

^

Oh well at least i am not praying so that my non favorite player gets out. There are few men of honour left in this world who have the heart to support honest and sincere people like Imran. Yes, i ridiculed him a lot when he wasn't putting in the effort required for international cricket. But then i saw a changed man in Sri Lanka, i recognized a clean Pakistani cricketer for once and i said to myself that this is Imran Farhat Vol.2 and i shall give him all the support he deserves. You dropped him but i kept my faith. Today i am laughing at all the haters again as Imran hits his second consecutive 50 in ODIs wondering why he's not been picked in so many ODIs in between.

Farhat of today actually looks like a lefty mirror image of Tendulkar

Are you talking about sachin tendulkar or some school boy tendulkar.... did you see todays match it was a very scratchy knock and he was dropped three times.... but 93 is 93.... expect him in the 2015 world cup.

Farhat of today actually looks like a lefty mirror image of Tendulkar

Are you talking about sachin tendulkar or some school boy tendulkar.... did you see todays match it was a very scratchy knock and he was dropped three times.... but 93 is 93.... expect him in the 2015 world cup.

Back