Imran Khan leading from the front

Could anyone post his stats in series against NZ and what Hadlee got as well too ?

Here are the stats of 7 Test matches where Imran and Hadlee played together.

Bowling Stats
5qvv.png

Batting Stats
sgs0.png

Here are the stats of 7 Test matches where Imran and Hadlee played together.

Bowling Stats
5qvv.png

Batting Stats
sgs0.png

TBH those stats aren't too much to write home about, although Imran's better in both disciplines, their bowling SRs are shocking.

This thread deserve a bump on Imran birthday!

(unfortunately it looks like most of the images in this thread are removed from image host)

One of my 5 top captains of all time along with Jardine, Lloyd, Chappelli & Tiger

Last edited:
How was Imran as a fielder?

When he was not captain, he placed mostly at fine leg or 3rd man ... just like any other fast bowler....so that he could rest between overs. Fast bowlers do not field in slips because they have stiff body after bowling fast...and it is hard to bend and move quickly in slips.
Most fast bowlers fields there. Bother was a rare bread.... who was placed in slips.
As captain, he mostly fielded at mid-off because he needed to be close to the bowlers..... to advice and guide them.

When he was not captain, he placed mostly at fine leg or 3rd man ... just like any other fast bowler....so that he could rest between overs. Fast bowlers do not field in slips because they have stiff body after bowling fast...and it is hard to bend and move quickly in slips.
Most fast bowlers fields there. Bother was a rare bread.... who was placed in slips.
As captain, he mostly fielded at mid-off because he needed to be close to the bowlers..... to advice and guide them.

Kallis also fielded mostly at slips and in start of his career he had very good pace and had long spells.

Jimmy Anderson fields in slips as well.

Jimmy Anderson fields in slips as well.

...and drops catches like crazy. Didn't you see him do that in last series. :)

OK... two....out of 100s of them. :) Botham and Anderson. Anybody else?

Kallis does not count because he does not bowl long spells and regularly.

Last edited:
Botham and Anderson. Anybody else?

I remember Flintoff but you are right. Not many fast bowlers will field there. You have to concentrate each ball and be ready. I think it's difficult for fast bowlers to do it.

Last edited:

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I don't what is your defintion of "long spells" but following table shows that Kallis bowled the FEWEST number of overs per innings among all the pace bowlers with 150+ wicket... since 1/1/1970.

Overall career yes he is at bottom but i think in start of his career he was bowling more overs in late 90s and early 00s

Overall career yes he is at bottom but i think in start of his career he was bowling more overs in late 90s and early 00s

In his first 50 tests (19 Apr 2001).... he bowled 1081 overs in 80 innings.... which is 13 overs per innings. Still lowest .... and only fraction more than overall 12.40 overs per inning.

Last edited:
Thought to bump this thread after watching SK statement :yk

Any similar thread with stats about Misbah performances in important matches and series?

Back