India (110/2) defeat South Africa (106/8) by 8 wickets to win the 1st T20I - Lead series 1-0

He has played just 1 world t20. Not like he was struggling or anything.

And an Asia cup.. don't worry he will get another chance soon to rectify his T20 stats, Rahul has played similar knocks before as well.

world champions of the bilaterals....second to none.....even better than the legendary steve waugh's, ponting's aussie team and smith's SA team.

And an Asia cup.. don't worry he will get another chance soon to rectify his T20 stats, Rahul has played similar knocks before as well.

He never looked out of place either in Asia cup or World T20. He is a free stroking player. Odd times would get out softly. Shouldn't read too much into it. This is against a good pace unit on a green track.

He never looked out of place either in Asia cup or World T20. He is a free stroking player. Odd times would get out softly. Shouldn't read too much into it. This is against a good pace unit on a green track.

We have a dozen of them who could smack the opposition into oblivion in the bilateral series, pressure games is what matters Asia cup itself is unforgettable.

We have a dozen of them who could smack the opposition into oblivion in the bilateral series, pressure games is what matters Asia cup itself is unforgettable.

None of his dismissal didn't look like pressure induced. All fully committed shots. Just bad luck placement was a bit off.

This was a pacy wicket. But still not a hit the deck wicket. Ball was flying left right center. But all were missing the stumps.

Chasing a target of 107, KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav smashed unbeaten fifties to help India beat South Africa in the first T20I.

Suryakumar Yadav (50 not out off 33) provided India with some much-needed impetus in the chase after a shaky start. KL Rahul (51 not out off 56) too has found his feet after the early dismissals of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.

Earlier, Arshdeep Singh bagged three wickets, while Deepak Chahar and Harshal Patel took two each as India managed to restrict South Africa to a below-par total of 106/8 in 20 overs.

After winning the toss, Chahar got the ball rolling for India with the wicket of the Proteas captain Temba Bavuma in the final ball of the opening over. Arshdeep then dismissed Quinton de Kock, Rilee Rossouw and David Miller in the second over to rattle the visitors.

Tristan Stubbs also perished in the third over with Chahar bagging his second. Keshav Maharaj (41) put in a strong rearguard to take South Africa past the 100-run mark.

India made four changes from the third T20I against Australia, with Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah and Yuzvendra Chahal make way for Deepak Chahar, Rishabh Pant, Arshdeep Singh and Ravichandran Ashwin

NDTV

Arshdeep was a gain, Chahar's form was good. But he can be lethal in these conditions. It is a known fact.

Prodigious swing at 125kph reminds me of the era of the mighty Praveen Kumar who made our players his bunnies.

Prodigious swing at 125kph reminds me of the era of the mighty Praveen Kumar who made our players his bunnies.

Anderson largely operates at low 130 ks. Philander is another guy. He reduced Australia to 21/9 at Newlands. That is the ideal speed to exploit the swing. CDG is another guy who consistently troubled Kohli with his dibbly dobbly swing. They become easy targets on flat pitches in T20 which has earned such bowlers bad reputation.

Back