India (119) clinch a thrilling victory against Pakistan (113/7) by 6 runs in a low-scoring game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Here's a stat. This IPL witnessed the highest batting averages and SR and bowlers had nowhere to hide.

Of all the bowlers who bowled more than 40 overs this IPL, only Bumrah and Narine had a better economy rate than Axar. He's that good.

3rd best ER of all.

Pakistan fans are being delusional if they think Imad had a chance against this guy.
Pakistan fans are delusional if we think Imad couldn’t take two singles against the ‘unplayable’ Axar Patel, rather than wasting FIVE deliveries in a row?

Are you rubbing it in? :LOL:

Pakistan fans are delusional if we think Imad couldn’t take two singles against the ‘unplayable’ Axar Patel, rather than wasting FIVE deliveries in a row?

Are you rubbing it in? :LOL:

What's the surprise? Your best batsmen were struggling to put bat to the ball.

We are talking about a bowler who couldn't be hit by the likes of Head and Narine in IPL on roads and you expect Imad, a lower order journeyman, to take on Axar when the pressure was on?

We are talking about a bowler who couldn't be hit by the likes of Head and Narine in IPL on roads and you expect Imad, a lower order journeyman, to take on Axar when the pressure was on?
Dude these guys don’t watch or understand cricket outside of PSL maybe, that too on Pindi roads. You can’t expect them to understand

Here's a stat. This IPL witnessed the highest batting averages and SR and bowlers had nowhere to hide.

Of all the bowlers who bowled more than 40 overs this IPL, only Bumrah and Narine had a better economy rate than Axar. He's that good.

3rd best ER of all.

Pakistan fans are being delusional if they think Imad had a chance against this guy.

And Narine is a chucker , anyway. So essentially he is the best defensive bowler in the IPL after Bumrah. He had a great 2023 as well .

yes a low full toss .. not the one going down the leg below waist he bowled against ifti..just needed to put a right connection. could be played down the fine leg easily.. with his pace it would have sailed over short boundary at fine leg

Bumrah's full toss is hard to hit because he gets a lot of lift on his deliveries. His hyperextension and his wrist allows him to put tremendous amount of back spin on the ball and it hits the bat higher than the batsmen expects.

I agree. I rewatched our whole batting innings late last to try and make sense of how we lost this wmgame. Without a doubt Rizwan shoulders a lot of the blame.It was a complete nonsensical style of batting and the crazy dismissal was icing of the cake.

I sound like a broken record here as I said this yesterday toobut he defended for a very long time and then on the FIRST ball of India's premier bowler coming on decided to swing across the line. Literally on the First ball of Bumrahs return.

After this the flood gates opened and Imad totally killed the game.

I said this in the match commentary at the time this happened. It was incredible that he waited until India's premier strike bowler came on to decide that was the time to hoik across the line.

As for Imad, he's a quality spinner, but that innings was just strange. I know in another thread there are rumours about his behaviour but I don't like to speculate on rumour.

I think its fair enough if people are happy to accept Imad Wasim as a lower order journeyman as you have described him.

You can accept that such a player would play one of the worst T20 knocks of all time.

Imad played out FIVE dot deliveries in a row, and he missed three of them and dead batted two of them. You are saying we shouldn’t be surprised that he couldn’t take a single off even one of the deliveries?

Stop selling this bekaar ka manjan that Axar Patel is unplayable. He was pumped for a six straight down the ground second ball by Fakhar just one over ago.

He also got pumped by a do takkay ka cricketer like Iftikhar back in 2022.

Pakistan’s inability to score against Patel and Pandya at a crucial stage yesterday, then attempting hara-kiri against Bumrah cost us the game yesterday.

Imad played out FIVE dot deliveries in a row, and he missed three of them and dead batted two of them. You are saying we shouldn’t be surprised that he couldn’t take a single off even one of the deliveries?

Stop selling this bekaar ka manjan that Axar Patel is unplayable. He was pumped for a six straight down the ground second ball by Fakhar just one over ago.

He also got pumped by a do takkay ka cricketer like Iftikhar back in 2022.

Pakistan’s inability to score against Patel and Pandya at a crucial stage yesterday, then attempting hara-kiri against Bumrah cost us the game yesterday.

Lmao, what even is this reply?

Bumrah has been hit here and there by random forgettable players in his career multiple times - what does that prove? Exactly nothing.

The point is Axar has been nailing his overs against vastly more accomplished players than Imad. In a pressure situation, Axar would come up trump against the likes of Imad more often than not and that is what happened yesterday.

Once again, I am not saying Axar is unplayable but he's probably the best spinner (alongside Kuldeep and Rashid Khan) playing in this tournament and there's nothing out of the ordinary if he outwitted a lower order bat like Imad five balls in a row. He's done this to better bats than Imad. Like Narine in power play.

It's your top order that browned their pajamas comprehensively.

Lmao, what even is this reply?

Bumrah has been hit here and there by random forgettable players in his career multiple times - what does that prove? Exactly nothing.

The point is Axar has been nailing his overs against vastly more accomplished players than Imad. In a pressure situation, Axar would come up trump against the likes of Imad more often than not and that is what happened yesterday.

Once again, I am not saying Axar is unplayable but he's probably the best spinner (alongside Kuldeep and Rashid Khan) playing in this tournament and there's nothing out of the ordinary if he outwitted a lower order bat like Imad five balls in a row. He's done this to better bats than Imad. Like Narine in power play.

It's your top order that browned their pajamas comprehensively.
We are having two different conversations.
You want to glorify Axar Patel as the best spinner in this tournament, go ahead.

I just wanted Imad to take a single on any of the five deliveries he wasted off Patel yesterday.

We are having two different conversations.
You want to glorify Axar Patel as the best spinner in this tournament, go ahead.

I just wanted Imad to take a single on any of the five deliveries he wasted off Patel yesterday.

Nah, we aren't having parallel convo at all. You want to rage and pin the blame against a lower order bat (who's been injured apparently) who failed against one of the best spinners of recent times - someone who's put the brakes on the likes of Head and Narine.

I find that absurd. You should be railing against your top 4 bats who made a dog's breakfast of the eased out conditions and power play.

Nah, we aren't having parallel convo at all. You want to rage and pin the blame against a lower order bat (who's been injured apparently) who failed against one of the best spinners of recent times - someone who's put the brakes on the likes of Head and Narine.

I find that absurd. You should be railing against your top 4 bats who made a dog's breakfast of the eased out conditions and power play.
If he’s injured he shouldn’t be playing. Stop defending rubbish.

There is enough railing against the top 4, specially Rizwan and Babar for failing for the umpteenth time in a crucial game.

Specially Rizwan has been smashed everywhere for that horrific hoik against Bumrah.

Bumrah's full toss is hard to hit because he gets a lot of lift on his deliveries. His hyperextension and his wrist allows him to put tremendous amount of back spin on the ball and it hits the bat higher than the batsmen expects.
could be the case. but iftikhar got out on full toss twice against USA and even yesterday he missed free hit against Siraj on full toss and then couple against Bumrah. he had already bowled a full toss and it was nt unexpected. iftikhar got out on full tosses couple of times against Nz home series. so there is the evidence that batter was nt capable enough to handle those balls. it was an opportunity and batter failed because he is below average as evidence suggests

Shoaib Malik's take on Babar and Rizwan's performance yesterday

"I will definitely talk about Rizwan. He had already played 44 balls and was well settled. He should have played 15 balls more if it was needed. You've a certain style of playing and the situation was tailor made for you. Rizwan doesn't struggle to take singles and the situation demanded just that. If Babar and Rizwan don't have a role in a 120-run target, then what exactly is their role in this side?"

Shoaib Malik's take on Babar and Rizwan's performance yesterday

"I will definitely talk about Rizwan. He had already played 44 balls and was well settled. He should have played 15 balls more if it was needed. You've a certain style of playing and the situation was tailor made for you. Rizwan doesn't struggle to take singles and the situation demanded just that. If Babar and Rizwan don't have a role in a 120-run target, then what exactly is their role in this side?"
He is correct. Babar and Rizwan are useless when chasing bit targets and everyone knows that. But 120 runs target suits them. There was no need to hit big, just push the ball around and take singles and wait for some hit me balls.

He is correct. Babar and Rizwan are useless when chasing bit targets and everyone knows that. But 120 runs target suits them. There was no need to hit big, just push the ball around and take singles and wait for some hit me balls.
He might be correct but knowing the kind of hollow guy he is, he's still sour at not being picked up for wt20 2022 before that he used to be babar's cheerleader.

yup ... but look on the positives... they were largely responsible for the most memorable of a Heist that most Indian fans will never ever forget. I was drinking middle of the day whatta feeling lol 🤣

Apart from Fakhar, the rest were waiting for the other to play shots or even looking to take singles and doubles. Too afraid even though they still had wickets and it was run a ball equation

This loss is on whole team and this time it was more of a fault of batters. Bowling did their job perfectly and there was no better job that you can expect from them.

Batter made a mess of it. It was evident that they were afraid to hit and they were not trying to win rather they were trying to lose and they successfully completed thier mission.

The fans started with high hopes, dreaming of a repeat of 152/0, describing Indian team as losers. Pakistani batsmen who were batting were praised for their sensible batting. Later they were castigated for slow batting. So and so batsman would win the match- this was the sentiment. Subsequently- "I have always been saying that so and so batsman should not have been played as he was useless".
These and many such pearls of wisdom are lying scattered throughout the thread. Going though this thread is far more entertaining than watching the highlight of this match.:ifti:ssa:Riz

It is better to have no hopes rather than have great hopes that can be dashed in the end. Going though the comments from page one till the end was quite funny.:shh:genius

My sane view is that one should not be a fan of cricket. Cricket is a sport played seriously in ten nations. Doing "well" in this sport is not a great sporting achievement. Doing decent in global sports that are played by all countries seriously is the real sporting achievement. Some of the cricket playing countries are mediocre in other sports so they delude themselves by believing themselves to be cricket loving nations. They "love" cricket because they are not good enough in global sports.

But this happened in 2022

Screenshot-2024-06-11-002850.jpg

yup ... but look on the positives... they were largely responsible for the most memorable of a Heist that most Indian fans will never ever forget. I was drinking middle of the day whatta feeling lol 🤣
Lol now Indian fans don't even count how many time's we won against Pakistan in world cup yet Pakistan fans are go gaga about a solo world cup win against India.

Rizwan's innings was horrible .... over all poor batting , requiring just 6 rpo & to make that climb to 10 after 17 overs needed a real shoddy effort !

Back