India (119) clinch a thrilling victory against Pakistan (113/7) by 6 runs in a low-scoring game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Couple of nice days for Babar fans.

Pakistan lost in both matches but Amir got the blame in 1st one and Imad in 2nd one.

Babar, Rizwan as usual were heroes in the loss.

It's probably better for Pakistan in the long run not to qualify for the next round. The humiliation might provoke changes however unlikely it might seem.
And how many times we've hoped for that, wholesale changes that never came. Nothing will change. They'll somehow find a way to blame anything but themselves and nothing will change.

Pakistan lost in both matches but Amir got the blame in 1st one and Imad in 2nd one.

Rizwan cannot escape can he? 44 balls 31 runs. That is 7.2 overs 31 runs.. More than 1/3 of the innings. If others go at his rate they would not have crossed 100.

Brother remember what I told you last game?

No matter how many times you overrate Pakistan by claiming they won't lose to USA ans then prematurely congratulating Pakistan for winning, This team will keep going lower and lower and lower for you.
To be honest, PAK should have won this. PAK won the toss and chased and that was 70 % of the game. I'm surprised India with their geriatric lineup defended 119. Scarcely believable.

Canada and Ireland will be licking there lips at the prospect of playing us
Losing to Ireland will be okay. As they have lost them before as well. But Canada will be tricky. While Pakistan may seem to have good individuals to overcome Canada. Canada will absolutely be charging in and grabbing this win while the team is mentally shot.

Yes bhai chacha is very average but the majority of bumrahs bowling was magnificent he looked the best bowler on display today. Interestingly I didnt realise he hyperextends his bowling arm just like shoaib Akhtar.

Pakistan need to accept this humble pie and rebuild for next World Cup - through honest reflection and hard work .
I honestly think Canada n Ireland could beat this team
Bumrah is exceptional bowler but he bowled those full tosses in crucial moments. i would say usual batters would put them in stands

I am not sure how the pak fans react. But i can certainly see INdians are more angry than happy after this match. I am also mad that they are still playing useless Jadeja.

Bumrah is exceptional bowler but he bowled those full tosses in crucial moments. i would say usual batters would put them in stands
If you can be bothered yes, but the old man Iftikhar was probably looking forward to his nightly cocoa

Losing to Ireland will be okay. As they have lost them before as well. But Canada will be tricky. While Pakistan may seem to have good individuals to overcome Canada. Canada will absolutely be charging in and grabbing this win while the team is mentally shot.
Ireland is the weakest team in the group bro, I have been telling everyone canada beating Ireland is not an upset.

Ireland use to be gun because before they were a test nation they benefitted of county, but when they became a test nation, that ended and they lack the infrastructure now. Their gun players that may even represent England at one point are gone and dead in the water.

Their batting maybe > Canada but they don't have any bowlers and unlike Canada and USA they aren't familiar with the conditions. Canada scored 137 in NY against them, Despite it being a minefield pitch, it does not help that they have no one besides mark adair. Azam was slapping them black and blue.

USA > Canada > Ireland as teams currently, Trector is also out of form.

Pakistan crumble in run chase against India in crunch T20 World Cup encounter

The safe hands of Rishabh Pant and the combined bowling efforts of Jasprit Bumrah and Hardik Pandya got India a narrow but crucial win over rivals Pakistan in Group A of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium.

It was a victory that had looked reasonably unlikely when Pakistan made a solid start to their run chase of 120, sitting on 57/1 after ten overs having lost only Babar Azam.

They required only 63 runs from the remaining 60 balls - but five wickets fell in the second half of their innings, leaving them a tantalising seven runs short of their target.

Pakistan made one change from the team that played the USA and lost in a super over, with Imad Wasim in for Azam Khan, and India named the same line-up that beat Ireland.

The rain played havoc with the start of the match, delaying the toss and the first ball, and then forcing the teams from the pitch after the first over when the drizzle returned.

When they got back on to the field, the drama was all cricket-related. Virat Kohli fell early, slapping a wide ball from Naseem Shah straight into the hands of Usman Khan.

And fellow opener Rohit Sharma failed to make a real connection with a ball from Shaheen Shah Afridi, hitting directly to Haris Rauf at deep square leg, with India on 19/2.

Naseem got his second of the day bowling straight through Axar Patel, leaving India on 58/3 and Rishabh Pant at the crease with the responsibility of pushing the innings on - which he did with aplomb, using variety and innovation to create havoc.

He began to form a good partnership with Suryakumar Yadav who then skied a Rauf ball to Mohammad Amir for 7.

And Pant too fell for 42 when he hit Amir straight up into the air and to the hands of Babar Azam.

Ravindra Jadeja went next ball, caught by Imad Wasim, with India only reaching their century in the 16th over.

Hardik Pandya was the eighth man to go, flicking Rauf towards the leg-side and taken by Iftikhar Ahmed on the rope.

And for the second time in the innings there was an opportunity for a hat-trick after Jasprit Bumrah played his first ball directly to Wasim in the slips, leaving India on 112/9 with 13 balls left in the innings.

It was all over when Arshdeep Singh was run out in the last ball of the penultimate over, courtesy of a great throw from Babar and a swift removal of the bails by Mohammad Rizwan.

It seemed to be a viable target, and Pakistan made a good start on their quest. Babar Azam went in the fifth over, caught brilliantly by Yadav in the slips off Bumrah, leaving his side on 26/1.

Rizwan and Usman Khan pushed on from there, making steady progress as they chased down the target, sitting at 57/1 at the halfway point - meaning they required only 63 runs from the remaining 60 balls.

India opted to review the umpire's refusal to dismiss Usman lbw off the bowling of Axar Patel - and HawkEye confirmed the delivery would have taken out leg stump.

And Fakhar Zaman - who had marked his arrival at the crease with a four and a six - edged Hardik Pandya high into the air, well taken by Pant.

The turning point was likely the dismissal of Rizwan for 31, bowled by a full ball from Bumrah at the start of the 15th over. It left Pakistan on 80/4 with an ever-increasing required run-rate.

The safe hands of Pant were needed again to remove Shadab, who stepped across to meet a ball from Hardik, and lofted his effort to the wicketkeeper's gloves.

Arshdeep sprinted to catch Iftikhar off Bumrah - just about avoiding a collision with Yadav, also watching the ball and poised to pouch it himself, meaning Pakistan began the final over on 102/6.

And Arshdeep returned to the attack himself to conclude the innings, removing Imad Wasim thanks to another Pant catch. Pakistan ultimately fell seven runs short of what had seemed such an achievable target.

ICC

Ireland is the weakest team in the group bro, I have been telling everyone canada beating Ireland is not an upset.

Ireland use to be gun because before they were a test nation they benefitted of county, but when they became a test nation, that ended and they lack the infrastructure now. Their gun players that may even represent England at one point are gone and dead in the water.

Their batting maybe > Canada but they don't have any bowlers and unlike Canada and USA they aren't familiar with the conditions. Canada scored 137 in NY against them, Despite it being a minefield pitch, it does not help that they have no one besides mark adair. Azam was slapping them black and blue.

USA > Canada > Ireland as teams currently, Trector is also out of form.
It's just really tricky. Right now it seems that USA, Canada, Ireland and Pakistan are all very close to each other. USA looks the better of course.

Hard for me to call a clear winner between Pakistan and Canada game.

Bro you said this for USA.

I have told you, Pakistan will dissappint you, Abhi Canada ko anei do 😂
You are right. But both Canada captain and coach seem very dumb to be honest. They played Nikhil Dutta - the worst excuse of a spinner I have ever seen( barely club level) ahead of Junaid Siddique? Had they played Junaid, they could have beaten USA and had a real chance to qualify.

But ya, PAK can't take Canada lightly.

It's just really tricky. Right now it seems that USA, Canada, Ireland and Pakistan are all very close to each other. USA looks the better of course.

Hard for me to call a clear winner between Pakistan and Canada game.
Canada and USA is debatable because Canada didn't choose the correct squad and didn't read conditions properly, They rectified this with Ireland choosing the correct bowlers.

But Ireland is 100% weaker then the 2.

For me turning point was Rizwan Saab defended against everyone and tried to attack Bumrah first ball when he was brought back to take wicket of rizwan.

For me turning point was Rizwan Saab defended against everyone and tried to attack Bumrah first ball when he was brought back to take wicket of rizwan.
And these are supposed to be your best batters. Usman was the worst pick up ever. Based on 4 psl performances.

Once a again the batters failed and once again stupid Babar picked Shadab as a batter.

Ifti for me was the wost. Messed up in the field (again) and missed 3/4 full tosses (out of which, one was a free-hit). For a "finnisher" that's not a great look

Ifti for me was the wost. Messed up in the field (again) and missed 3/4 full tosses (out of which, one was a free-hit). For a "finnisher" that's not a great look
Has to be Rizwan to bat moree than 25 balls and have a strike rate off less than 100 is unforgivable

Wasay and Iffi bhai going nuts on their YouTube page

Full Janaza of RizBar campaign

I was away for the final few overs. I thought Pakistan would win comfortably (they needed something like 45 runs from 45 balls).

Looks like Pakistan messed up badly. They should've won this. Target was gettable.

How the heck did pak lose this?? Still can't fathom it. Bumrah got ind out of jail..the ind batting was horrible..now the seniors

There was a time once when we REALLY understood how to close a game out. Whether that was when we are bowling or chasing.

The game has moved on granted...but that knowledge and understanding of how to read situations being lost is inexcusable.

There was a time once when we REALLY understood how to close a game out. Whether that was when we are bowling or chasing.

The game has moved on granted...but that knowledge and understanding of how to read situations being lost is inexcusable.

Pakistan used to close out these games clinically. Guys like Inzi, Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, Afridi etc. were very good at winning these games.

Current Pakistani players seem mentally off for some reason. They need a psychologist perhaps.

Hard luck, guys. I'm not sure how Pakistan didn't win that game. You were ahead right until the final overs of the match.
I think the lack of confidence and morale, given Pakistan's poor form all year, was one of the reasons.

You can try to rebuild for the next 10 WCs, with these clowns it will always be the same, high time people need to start watching other sports, these clowns will always let you down.
That could happen bhai but I am old enough to remember when we were a really great side, so I try n remain optimistic on the art of the possible.

Great victory for Indians but it's time to say good bye to Yadav. Dubey looks very dubious as well. Indian middle order looks very brittle with these two

Surely Imad Shaheen Ifty deliberately underperformed to get back at Baba they took the r/r from 6 to 18 lol

You had full faith in Imad Wasim screwing it up for Pakistan. I’m impressed with your faith in his mediocrity.
That’s your comeback having already ordered a massive cake to celebrate tonight in the 15th over of the first innings?

That’s your comeback having already ordered a massive cake to celebrate tonight in the 15th over of the first innings?
I don’t need any comebacks. Imad Wasim fans are cooked for life.

Should have been an easy chase on paper, but even chasing (eg) 80 to win would be hard when a team has no form and zero confidence. Pakistan and England in a similar place at the moment. Changes needed.

Acha? Babar’s PZ fans are not?
Babar Azam is Pakistan’s captain and will remain so.

Imad Wasim will be back in the trash can after this World Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar Azam is Pakistan’s captain and will remain so.

Imad “Garbage” Wasim will be back in the trash can after this World Cup.
How does that change the fact that you were celebrating in the 15th over of the first innings?

How does that change the fact that you were celebrating in the 15th over of the first innings?
My fault that I forgot how crap Imad is.

I actually thought he will be able to see off India when all he had to is rotate the strike with the RRR around the 6 mark.

But I give credit it to you for knowing that Imad was going to bottle this. You had great faith in his mediocrity.

That could happen bhai but I am old enough to remember when we were a really great side, so I try n remain optimistic on the art of the possible.
I bet I am older than you :), I was a teenager when we were simultaneously World champions of 4 sports. It's good to be optimistic but got to live in real world as well.

I actually thought he will be able to see off India when all he had to is rotate the strike with the RRR around the 6 mark.

But I give credit it to you for knowing that Imad was going to bottle this. You had great faith in his mediocrity.
You thought Babar and Rizwan will stay and chase this til the 20th over? You didn’t even think Imad would be needed. That’s what you said tagging me and some other guys. Now you have found a scapegoat in Imad?

Lol Rizwan Babar Imad all were terrible today..
Neither you or Rana are right but one thing is certain Amir performed well.

to be fair, when Imad failed to play Axar nad played 5 dots on the trot, our @Rana bhai had to quickly jump in and say that well bowled Axar. Even though Axar was not spinning the ball, but Rana was pretending as if Axar was bowling like Shane Warne. Infact, @Rana and the highfive gang went to the extent by saying only chance Pakistan has of winning this if IMad stays till the end. ANd imad stoof there till the end and we lost.

After that the highfive gang just panicked and started to spam rizwan rizwan rizwan in everythread.

You thought Babar and Rizwan will stay and chase this til the 20th over? You didn’t even think Imad would be needed. That’s what you said tagging me and some other guys. Now you have found a scapegoat in Imad?
I don’t need to find a scapegoat, Imad presented himself as one like a prostitute on the streets of Amsterdam.

to be fair, when Imad failed to play Axar nad played 5 dots on the trot, our @Rana bhai had to quickly jump in and say that well bowled Axar. Even though Axar was not spinning the ball, but Rana was pretending as if Axar was bowling like Shane Warne. Infact, @Rana and the highfive gang went to the extent by saying only chance Pakistan has of winning this if IMad stays till the end. ANd imad stoof there till the end and we lost.

After that the highfive gang just panicked and started to spam rizwan rizwan rizwan in everythread.
No one panicked, you went personal and to s new low today.

Axar not spinning the ball is irrelevant , so you probs lied about playing club cricket in the same way mamoon has been lying on notnwatching a single game. You guys are serial liars and your hero misbah is one so no surprise.

After 15th it was unplayable, those 3 deliveries were unplayable because of the bounce. Even if inad had hit it, the ball was way too soft, it would be one run, and then chacha would fumble again.

Either way Pakistan would have lost and still at best shaved off 3 runs but otherwise game over.

Any moron whos actually played and can read the pitch would know. Also don't talk about the H5 gang, you guys attack relentlessly and get extremely personal.

I don’t need to find a scapegoat, Imad presented himself as one like a prostitute on the streets of Amsterdam.
Has their ever been a single conversation where you haven't gotten personal or made vulgar remarks?

It's a cricket forumn, what's with the death threats or personal player attacks?

A 15 year old here thinks that a guy who couldnt spin the ball and was bowling simple straight balls with none of them staying low, as very difficult balls to justify his favorites 65% striker rate.

The lengths to some fans will go...... A spinner with no spin balls a straight delivery, "omg wow unplayable stuff".

its like they think we are not watching the game.

I have been saying this for sometime - This Indian team is a hyped and average T20 team. Pakistan team is also an average team. Today, it was a battle of who can go lower. Not good cricket overall.

It's the job of 11 players to win the game.

However, clearly 2 players are hated so they are always at fault for a Pakistani loss.

Funnily enough, the coward who leads those remaining 10 players gets applauded and is considered a world class batsmen even though barring a few knocks, he has NEVER finished a match for Pakistan.

Every batsmen failed today including Rizwan who simply had to nudge to a victory.

But hey, let's blame Imad because I crush on Babar.

However, clearly 2 players are hated so they are always at fault for a Pakistani loss.

Funnily enough, the coward who leads those remaining 10 players gets applauded and is considered a world class batsmen even though barring a few knocks, he has NEVER finished a match for Pakistan.

Every batsmen failed today including Rizwan who simply had to nudge to a victory.

Imad is cooked for life. Accept it and move on.

He did not prove to be the great winner as you proudly called him not so long ago.

you dont want to blame Imad because its easier to blame 11 guys so that your faovurite can get away.

120 was a score that even if hte RR went to 8, it was winnable to matter what. You only need 1 good over of 15-20 runs and the game was ours.

When Rizwan got out, Imad came in at no.5 and 45 was needed off 45. It was run a ball. What the top 4 had done till than was irrelevent, because they had survived out there and played what they could. It was the lower orders job to strike the ball.

Had imad pulled off a victory, this 11 men bull crap would never be posted here, than it would had been all Imad this and Imad that.

Anyways, Imad was facing Axar who was bowling pies. No his ball did not stay low, it stayed at a normal height that a good striker would be able to hit. Imad not only missed 5 shots, he also didnt want to take runs as he was more interested in being the glory boy. When Shaheen came into bat, Shaheen ran for it and he was look at Imad that why Imad is not running to the other end, and it was because Imad wanted to take all the glory by hogging the strike.

Babar gets his fair share of blame for his poor captaincy, but you still cannot accept that Imad is rubbish and there was a reason why he was kicked out of the team. Iftikhar is also to be blamed aswell as Shadab because these 3 along with Usman did nothing.

Imad is cooked for life. Accept it and move on.

He did not prove to be the great winner as you proudly called him not so long ago.

He played a poor knock and I have no problems accepting it.

It's you who can't see beyond Amir and Imad because of your inherent bias and your boy crush Babar.

A 15 year old here thinks that a guy who couldnt spin the ball and was bowling simple straight balls with none of them staying low, as very difficult balls to justify his favorites 65% striker rate.

The lengths to some fans will go...... A spinner with no spin balls a straight delivery, "omg wow unplayable stuff".

its like they think we are not watching the game.
just like how rizwan couldn't connect pies and clear boundaries when only 2 fielders were outside the 30 yard circle

Apart over should have gone for 10 runs atleast but Imad had other ideas similarly to Rizwan.

just like how rizwan couldn't connect pies and clear boundaries when only 2 fielders were outside the 30 yard circle
Absolute trash the shot Rizwan got out for, he clearly didn’t even want to see where Bumrah was bowling.

That’s how club level batsmen play against medium pacers.

you dont want to blame Imad because its easier to blame 11 guys so that your faovurite can get away.

120 was a score that even if hte RR went to 8, it was winnable to matter what. You only need 1 good over of 15-20 runs and the game was ours.

When Rizwan got out, Imad came in at no.5 and 45 was needed off 45. It was run a ball. What the top 4 had done till than was irrelevent, because they had survived out there and played what they could. It was the lower orders job to strike the ball.

Had imad pulled off a victory, this 11 men bull crap would never be posted here, than it would had been all Imad this and Imad that.

Anyways, Imad was facing Axar who was bowling pies. No his ball did not stay low, it stayed at a normal height that a good striker would be able to hit. Imad not only missed 5 shots, he also didnt want to take runs as he was more interested in being the glory boy. When Shaheen came into bat, Shaheen ran for it and he was look at Imad that why Imad is not running to the other end, and it was because Imad wanted to take all the glory by hogging the strike.

Babar gets his fair share of blame for his poor captaincy, but you still cannot accept that Imad is rubbish and there was a reason why he was kicked out of the team. Iftikhar is also to be blamed aswell as Shadab because these 3 along with Usman did nothing.

This whataboutism isn't helping.

You yourself said Ifti, Shadab and Usman did nothing.

I already said Imad played a poor knock.

I don't defend poor performances.

However, there is an increasing trend on this forum to ignore Babar and Rizwan and just focus on players you hate and try to blame every loss on them.

I won't accept this discrimination.

Absolute trash the shot Rizwan got out for, he clearly didn’t even want to see where Bumrah was bowling.

That’s how club level batsmen play against medium pacers.
how dare you say that apparently he's better than kohli smith maxwell root butler rohit etc...

For me Rizwan was the biggest culprit. It was his job to see the team home, this was a pitch where only a set batsman could score and he played an irresponsible shot against Bhumra knowing full well he was India's main threat.

when we started the required run rate was 5 an over when imad come in the required rate was nearly touching 7 an over
what were your beloved rizwan and babar doing?

It is one of the few matches where the fans of the winning and losing both teams are upset. Indian team fans are upset that the team selection continues to be a joke and bereft of any logic. Pakistan team fans are upset which is logical considering they couldn’t even chase such meager total.

Make one comment against Misbah, I dare you. Once you start doing so, maybe people will follow suit. Until then stay still.

This whataboutism isn't helping.

You yourself said Ifti, Shadab and Usman did nothing.

I already said Imad played a poor knock.

I don't defend poor performances.

However, there is an increasing trend on this forum to ignore Babar and Rizwan and just focus on players you hate and try to blame every loss on them.

I won't accept this discrimination.
Babar gets his fair share of criticism for his poor captaincy. Infact, i was against his captiancy since 2021, but the likes of @Rana used to bash me that because Misbah didnt like his captaincy thats why i have issues with it, and today same rana whines about babar.

As for batting, look, we all know that in this team, there are only players that can bat. THats babar, rizwan, and Fakhar. Yes, the issue of strike rate of Babar and Rizwan does exist, but them knowing how to bat is something that is accepted.

Now issue is, compare that to Usman, Imad, Shadab and Ifti. These 4 guys dont know how to bat, and are always acting as if they are tailenders. Thus, the criticism has been on them because whenever we expect them to come in and bat they panic.

In the match thread @Rana and that momin kid started to say that oh Rizwan created pressure on the others players, when it was nothing like that. The way Rizwan was batting and the way others were batting was day and light difference.

Rohit Sharma was making a mockery of Imad. He packed Imads leg side with 5 fielders. ANd kept the off side empty with fielders standing inside the circle. He was giving Imad bait, Axar came in and delevered 5 balls, and Imad couldnt even connect a single one. What was even more frusturating was that those 5 balls were mostly half trackers.

Thanks to cowardly approach by Pakistan batters, we survived. Barring Bumrah, rest for our bowlers were pretty much hittable even on this so called deadly pitch.

Regardless of the deck's condition, It was awful approach by both team's batters (Pak's was worse than ours).

There are too many deadweights (Surya, Dubey, & Jadeja tops the list) in our line up, can't see them get past super 8s.

Waiting for the world cup to end and to see that last of Dravid and co's utter mismanagement of what was once a fantastic team under Shastri.

Here is my one cent suggestion:
Drop these from your team: ifti Chacha, shadab, usman Khan. These guy are not made for intl cricket.
Replace above with: Abdullah shafiq, Salman ali, Saud Shakeel.
Pakistan bowling is OK.

Here is my one cent suggestion:
Drop these from your team: ifti Chacha, shadab, usman Khan. These guy are not made for intl cricket.
Replace above with: Abdullah shafiq, Salman ali, Saud Shakeel.
Pakistan bowling is OK.
1. Rizwan
2. FAKHAR
3. SHAFIQ/ Saud
4. BABAR
5. SAUD/SHAFIQ
6. SALMAN ALI
7. IMAD
8. SHAHEEN
9. NASEEM
10. AMIR
11. Haris

The skill level gap us just too wide. I am fed up of consistent under performances and inability to read game situations.

Back