India (119) clinch a thrilling victory against Pakistan (113/7) by 6 runs in a low-scoring game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Ya you were 100% right here. Honestly I don't know why I keep rizwan respites.

@topspin and i were discussing yesterday, as to why rizzu and chacha are the biggest bottlers
Pitch was going harder and harder throughout the game

India made 50 odd runs in powerplay then started struggling as the game progressed

Thats why it was better to chase quicker should have never left it for the last over

Your batting lineup ends after 3 wickets down, how can they win against a big team. This was expected when fakhar was gone.

Pakistan never learns. They should have promoted Fakhar to open with Rizwan and given license to hit. They started absorbing pressure the moment Bunrah was introduced. New low in pak cricket.
What a joke this team is lol

I thought India's batting effort was pretty poor but Pakistan batting was beyond words. All you needed was to tap it around for singles as runrate required was 6 but somehow they were just playing dot balls. Proper choke job

Man the match was there to won easily for Pakistan. Pathetic display. The pitch was looking better in the second half.

Y the surprise history tells u paks hands feet balls freeze vs India in world cups !!

I love my cricket. Emotionally I get more invested than I should. When we lose i tend to get a bit down for a bit. When we lose an important game I genuinely feel sad.

Today for the first time in many many years I am angry.

Tough pitch yes. But where was the intent?

Contrary to popular opinion I kinda understand Babar/Rizwans opening partnership. This was THEIR game.

THEIR time to price everyone wrong.

I bang on about it in nearly every post I write. MENTAL STRENGTH.

WE DO NOT HAVE IT.

I need a cigarette.

whatever demons pitch had.. pak was 66 after 11 only needing 54 off 54 with eight wickets in hands.. its a bottle job of highest level.

You are right. We should had known imad wasim being a garbage would.lose us the game in the end
This is where you're wrong.

Indian innings showed overs 16 to 20 were impossible to play in general.

The key moments were overs 1 to 15. One of Babar, Rizwan, Usman, or fakhar needed a Pant like innings.

Rizwan stuck around the longest it was all him fumbling.

India won as soon as Pant played and did what he did

Imad looked old and irrelevant, Ifti looked very old and out of his depth, Usman looked overawed. The whole team was nervy all game no clear decision making or confidence.

What an epic choke from Pakistan. Only they could lose this match and they did it in style.

Sydney
Bangalore
Manchester
Durban
Johannesburg
Mohali
Colombo
Mirpur
Adelaide
Kolkata
Manchester
Melbourne
Ahmedabad
New York

We’ve chucked the two games away, the mentality just isn’t there, you can’t rely on chaos to put you through.

Also it’s about time the ICC stopped putting us in the same group as India, we are nowhere near them and that’s the thing that hurts the most

Well done India, the better more skilled players shone in the end.
The bowlers did very well , but our batsmen ( imad shadab chacha they don’t make English county level let alone top class cricket)
Embarrassing how many times they played and missed
No blame pls for Rizwan, babar or fakhar at least they looked the part )

As soon as Fakhar was out I knew it was game over.

That is not a middle order, the tail started at Fakhar.

Shambolic chase, if this doesn't trigger mass changes after the WC I don't know what will.

Well done India, the better more skilled players shone in the end.
The bowlers did very well , but our batsmen ( imad shadab chacha they don’t make English county level let alone top class cricket)
Embarrassing how many times they played and missed
No blame pls for Rizwan, babar or fakhar at least they looked the part )
To be fair India played worse than associate side with brainless hacking. Proper cricketing shots would have got them to 140.

Tbh tired of this. To make Babar captain again and keep Ifti and Shadab was suicidal. Our batting is extremely short and it's clear the team has 0 confidence or mental strength. We will be overtaken by many smaller nations within a few years.
When you go with 4 seamers that means you only have 7 batsmen to start with. Add 3 bits and pieces players it becomes even shorter.

@Mamoon

Who always has the last laugh Puttar?

I told you to wait until the World Cup ends for Pakistan. Do you have an attraction towards humiliation?

whatever demons pitch had.. pak was 66 after 11 only needing 54 off 54 with eight wickets in hands.. its a bottle job of highest level.
If your going to play 44 balls you need to finish it off to or leave the crease with atleast 150 strike

You cant just play 44 balls at 70 sr and put all pressure on middle order

@Mamoon

Who always has the last laugh Puttar?

I told you to wait until the World Cup ends for Pakistan. Do you have an attraction towards humiliation?
Bro I kept telling me in the politest way possible to atleast wait for the game to finish, and sabar karo.

@Major has received 2 karma beatings from me

@mods

I’ll be very respectful in my choice of words towards @Mamoon and @Major

I didn’t complain once when they were running their mouths here. I have waited patiently to give it back hard to them. Please don’t send me any requests to calm down. I will not cross the line with my choice of words, but Zillat is there Muqaddar tonight

Batters from both sides tried their best to lose, Pakistani batters have won this battle by a very narrow margin.

Rohit Sharma in the post match presentatiopn:

"We were 15-20 runs short. We were looking at 140, we had a conversation about it as well. Still our bowling delivered and we defended the total. This was the never die attitude I like. A little contribution from everything was what you need and that's what happened."

"Bumrah is a genius with the ball. He is going from strength to strength, but I will not talk much about him. We need to keep him in that mindset until the end of the tournament, so I think others did great as well."

To be fair India played worse than associate side with brainless hacking. Proper cricketing shots would have got them to 140.
You were 80-3 from first 10 overs that was good, then you defended 120
It’s getting through the tight games that matters .
You don’t look the strongest team though

The ball that Rizwan wanted to hit kept a bit low and he got out. Had he connected, it would have gone far. A six at that stage would have turned things around. Instead it turned it the other way. Imad was rusty - he hasn't been playing because Azam was given needless chances. Others dont have the skill or mentality to take it further. Also Fakhar's wicket was an important one. Any other team would have chased with an over to spare. Shadab needs to be dropped instantly. Bring in Saim he might at least score some runs at quick pace. Also drop Haris and get a spinner.

You were 80-3 from first 10 overs that was good, then you defended 120
It’s getting through the tight games that matters .
You don’t look the strongest team though
We know that lol We are not strong. We just wait for the exit to troll them.

The ball that Rizwan wanted to hit kept a bit low and he got out. Had he connected, it would have gone far. A six at that stage would have turned things around. Instead it turned it the other way. Imad was rusty - he hasn't been playing because Azam was given needless chances. Others dont have the skill or mentality to take it further. Also Fakhar's wicket was an important one. Any other team would have chased with an over to spare. Shadab needs to be dropped instantly. Bring in Saim he might at least score some runs at quick pace. Also drop Haris and get a spinner.
Yeah I mean India didn’t block off that one shot he has all game did they?

Our fans think Rizwan was playing in Pindi today? It’s NY 70m Square boundaries against the wind!

Sad cos it puts youngsters off cricket. My 2 sons 7 and 10 watched the game. Depressing. No passion no skill. The aura of Pakistan cricket has truly left the team.

Both Shadab and Imad were looking like number 8-9 on this wicket and pakistani fans overrates them as a good option for middle order.

For those wondering if pak can still qualify... Does this team deserve to qualify. The most pathetic chase I've ever seen
It's probably better for Pakistan in the long run not to qualify for the next round. The humiliation might provoke changes however unlikely it might seem.

No it’s when less skilled batsmen meet better skilled bowlers
sorry but Iftikhar missed 3 full tosses. one of them was free hit. and other two were bowled by bumrah going down the leg. any decent batter .. not exceptional would put them in stands 9 out of 10 times

Congratulations to Indian posters here and commiserations to Pakistani fans . Pakistan can still qualify if they are, indeed, better than Canada and Ireland - a small chance but stranger things have happened.

I am ashamed to be a Pakistan cricket fan, they have made my son cry,such a disgraceful performance man !

If you lose go down fighting, I don't even mind losing with Afridi approach to batting..

But to surrender so timidly, to be so weak in the face of our greatest rival is just extremely disappointing.
Get your son interested in Real Madrid. A lot less crying. Saying this from experience.

sorry but Iftikhar missed 3 full tosses. one of them was free hit. and other two were bowled by bumrah going down the leg. any decent batter .. not exceptional would put them in stands 9 out of 10 times
Yes bhai chacha is very average but the majority of bumrahs bowling was magnificent he looked the best bowler on display today. Interestingly I didnt realise he hyperextends his bowling arm just like shoaib Akhtar.

Pakistan need to accept this humble pie and rebuild for next World Cup - through honest reflection and hard work .
I honestly think Canada n Ireland could beat this team

Congratulations to Indian posters here and commiserations to Pakistani fans . Pakistan can still qualify if they are, indeed, better than Canada and Ireland - a small chance but stranger things have happened.
Yes, Pakistan always find a way to get into the next round. They have a habit of making it difficult for themselves. Either they don't like winning easily or they like their 'cornered tigers' tag too much. :inti

What a joke? India choked and gave Pakistan a modest total to chase. 120 was a below par score. Pakistan had a decent start and just completely choked. As an Indian nothing to be happy about this performance. Any other non minnow team would have chased down.

Brother remember what I told you last game?

No matter how many times you overrate Pakistan by claiming they won't lose to USA ans then prematurely congratulating Pakistan for winning, This team will keep going lower and lower and lower for you.

Yes bhai chacha is very average but the majority of bumrahs bowling was magnificent he looked the best bowler on display today. Interestingly I didnt realise he hyperextends his bowling arm just like shoaib Akhtar.

Pakistan need to accept this humble pie and rebuild for next World Cup - through honest reflection and hard work .
I honestly think Canada n Ireland could beat this team
You can try to rebuild for the next 10 WCs, with these clowns it will always be the same, high time people need to start watching other sports, these clowns will always let you down.

Back