India (119) clinch a thrilling victory against Pakistan (113/7) by 6 runs in a low-scoring game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I think Babar's intent was good. Even though he got out. He gave a good start with Rizwan on this pitch.

Some baldy Indian being defiant there with the flag.

Hardik the buffoon. And bigger buffoon Sharma for giving him two overs

During the mid-innings show on local sports channel, Sunil Gavaskar called the Indian batters "arrogant and reckless" for throwing away their wickets and not adapting properly to the match conditions:

"The performance was disappointing. I think they were arrogant and reckless. There was an arrogance in the way they started as they were looking to hit every ball. This is not an Ireland attack. This is not an ordinary attack and I do not mean any disrespect to Ireland when I say this. But this is a very experienced attack and there should have been just that little bit of respect given when the ball is moving quite a bit. And then, getting out with one over left tells you that you are probably not in the right kind of thinking. Another 6 runs would have taken them to a 125 and that could have made a difference."

A blockbuster game like this should have Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain as commentators.

Commentary has been boring.

Usman is like a deer in front of headlights. No clue. I don't think he can even hear what Rizwan is saying
Not really, the instructions given to him were not right and Rizwan is putting more pressure by eating more dot balls being the settled batter :/

Rizwan too busy talking to Pant. Concentrate at the job at hand for god sake

Need a big over to get the rate down. Riz needs to take on the bowlers now

Good shot there by Rizzy. Playing a crucial innings.

Not too bad in context of the game, should be able to stroll it from here.

Pakistan's match to lose. Only threat is Bumrah.

Rizwan killing the chase now, so many dots.
He can afford it as long as his plan is to keep hitting boundaries in between and go deep. That's exactly what Pakistan need. It's not an easy pitch for new batter to come in, settle and go bang bang.

Rizwan improved his off side game little bit.. that's a good shot on a turning pitch..

Rizwan playing the anchor role very well. Usman needs to just target one bowler and go all blitz - not essential but would ease pressure a lot.

A blockbuster game like this should have Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain as commentators.

Commentary has been boring.
Yuvraj has been the most pathetic commentator to hear. I like the guy but my god he was putting me and my boys to sleep.

Good batting so far.

A few silly mistakes but they're in a decent position to finish it off.

Congrats to all PPers in advance. Kohli, Rohit and Jadeja need to be booted out for the geriatrics they are. Only a thrashing by Pakistan can possibly jolt BCCI into action, if anything.

Bumrah will bowl 2 out of the remaining 10. Pakistan can Max only survive in his spell so gotta target others

Yuvraj has been the most pathetic commentator to hear. I like the guy but my god he was putting me and my boys to sleep.

Just a brutal lineup of commentators. One after the other.

3/4 done

Perfectly played match so far by Pak.

Keep going same & it’s a dominant victory .

India need bumhrah to take 2 in a row

Usman khan should pack the bags and should be sent back to UAE. He is not needed here.
Such a pathetic player.

Fakhar is key here. If Pakistan loses him then it will become an uphill battle to win this one.

Rizwan has been batting well on this pitch. Its Usman who is the problem here. Clearly a downgrade. I would rather have Saim bat 3

Saim, Usman and Azam. Three youngsters specifically bought into the T20I setup are the biggest disappointments.

Back