India (156/0) thrash Zimbabwe (152/7) by 10 wickets in the 4th T20I, winning the series 3-1 in the 5-match T20I series

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India and Zimbabwe are preparing for their 4th match in the ongoing T20 series. The IND vs ZIM 4th T20 is scheduled for today, Saturday, July 13, at the Harare Sports Club in Zimbabwe’s capital city, Harare.

Following an unexpected loss in the first T20I, India has made a strong comeback by winning the next two matches and is now just one victory away from clinching the series.

Kwq5otf.jpeg

Squads:

Zimbabwe
Squad: Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Brian Bennett, Dion Myers, Sikandar Raza(c), Johnathan Campbell, Clive Madande(w), Wellington Masakadza, Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Luke Jongwe, Brandon Mavuta, Innocent Kaia, Faraz Akram, Antum Naqvi

India Squad: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill(c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sanju Samson(w), Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Khaleel Ahmed, Mukesh Kumar, Tushar Deshpande, Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

I love to watch Zimbabwe crowd 👍🏻 They passionately cheer for their team.

Though i want India to win, I'll be more happy if Zimbabwe wins 😍

I did not think it was possible but cricinfo has a written a nice article about 3rd match. Usually they cheerlead and rationalize whatever Indian TM does.

He's called out the approach and the selection.

Dropping parag to accommodate gaikwad for example. Or padding up the batting by leaving a bowler out.

Even the Powerplay approach.

I did not think it was possible but cricinfo has a written a nice article about 3rd match. Usually they cheerlead and rationalize whatever Indian TM does.

He's called out the approach and the selection.

Dropping parag to accommodate gaikwad for example. Or padding up the batting by leaving a bowler out.

Even the Powerplay approach.
This has nothing to do with team management to be honest. When the selectors pick rubbish bowlers, even the team management doesn't trust those. Solution: make the team batting heavy and hope for the best. The mistake happened before the first bowl was bowled.

Gill, Jaiswal both playing to keep their position in T20I team.

They forget the selectors are watching.

Tilak Varma & KL Rahul were sidelined for this very reason.

Rohit showed in the World Cup how to play in T20Is.

Ruturaj or Samson should have been the captain for this series.

Jaiswal isn't in the danger zone. He will make it sooner or later.

KL has never been in contention for T20s after his consistent flop shows in Asia Cup 2022, followed by WT20 2022. (Plus his wicket keeping is always below par) He is not even a back up player any more. There are plenty of young exciting batters knocking the door (KL is almost 33 now)

Zimbabwe bowlers need to restrict India to 155-160. Otherwise, India should win again.

What about Gill?

Clearly playing to keep his position in the team.

Abhishek Sharma, Jaiswal & Ruturaj are proper 1,2 & 3.

Gill flopped in the IPL too.
What exactly ruturaj did to warrant a place let alone captaincy? He was a complete dud against burger and co in sa ?

Best Indian T20 XI :-

Jaiswal
Abhishek
Gill
SKY
Pant/Samson( any 1)
Pandya
Axar
Open spot( Sundar can fill in but lacks power game)
Bumrah
Arshdeep
Kuldeep

Jaiswal
Abhishek
Gill
SKY
Pant/Samson( any 1)
Pandya
Axar
Bumrah
Arshdeep
Kuldeep

4 bowlers + Pandya + Axar is needless that too in Indian conditions where everyone will end up getting hit anyways. Rinku must play in that middle order to beef up the batting, especially when guys like Abhishek and Jaiswal are high risk players and they need that batting cushion down the order.

2026 is going to be a fest of batting shootouts on flat wickets and short boundaries. We can't afford to go in with a thin batting line-up.

Jaiswal
Abhishek
Gill
SKY
Pant
Rinku
Pandya
Axar
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Arshdeep

You rarely need a 6th bowler in T20s and even if we do, we just have to get those overs out of Abhi or YBJ.

Gill
Washi scored 32 of 13 in nz against their first choice eleven in a t20 match.He is a touch player and all about his confidence I suppose . We have venky iyer and nitish kumar as potentials but those are pacers. Other option is have rinku at 5
and rinku ,pandya can bowl 4 overs quota.

Ruturaj hit a 55 ball 100 vs Australia in one of the T20 held last year just after the World Cup.

He missed the ODIs after that finger injury.
What exactly ruturaj did to warrant a place let alone captaincy? He was a complete dud against burger and co in sa ?

What about Gill?

Clearly playing to keep his position in the team.

Abhishek Sharma, Jaiswal & Ruturaj are proper 1,2 & 3.

Gill flopped in the IPL too.
Ruturaj will be phased out. Others can play his role better.

Gill seems a bit in thin ice but he'll have the backing so no issues there.

Jaiswal & Gill need to throw caution to the wind & smack everything in first six overs or else let Abhishek open.

Ruturaj hit a 55 ball 100 vs Australia in one of the T20 held last year just after the World Cup.

He missed the ODIs after that finger injury.
In india he scored against aus third eleven likes of tanvir sangha,hardie, Maxwell. In sa on spicy tracks he was not able to put bat against burger and got out twice for ducks in 4 balls. Every batting competitor in indian team in t20s scored a century .there is no place for gaikwad or Gill. Both are selfish stat padders

In india he scored against aus third eleven likes of tanvir sangha,hardie, Maxwell. In sa on spicy tracks he was not able to put bat against burger and got out twice for ducks in 4 balls. Every batting competitor in indian team in t20s scored a century .there is no place for gaikwad or Gill. Both are selfish stat padders
But it seemed Gill was playing for stats the other day while Gaikwad was being selfless.

He's almost 28 years old. Won't going to be a long term prospect so he may play here and there but won't be a regular.

He's almost 28 years old. Won't going to be a long term prospect so he may play here and there but won't be a regular.
But he is the CSK captain. Srini Mama will somehow keep him in the team until he retires.

Ideally Gaikwad should be part of only ODI & test teams.

But he is the CSK captain. Srini Mama will somehow keep him in the team until he retires.

Ideally Gaikwad should be part of only ODI & test teams.
If rajastan captian and kkr captain can wait for their place so does csk captain.players have to earn their place .All 3 of them did nothing to warrant a permanent place

Tushar Deshpande will make his debut today... looks like another CSK player.. Nearly 30 years old.. I will be seeing him for the first time. Right arm medium...

Can Shubman Gill keep up with the likes of Jaiswal and Abhishek as an opener?

While I do think Indian management is thinking of using Shubman and Jaiswal as India's next T20I openers. I do believe if and when Abhishek is ready, he should be opening. No brainer.

Toss Update:

India have won the toss and have opted to field

Zimbabwe (Playing XI): Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Brian Bennett, Dion Myers, Sikandar Raza(c), Johnathan Campbell, Faraz Akram, Clive Madande(w), Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara

India (Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill(c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sanju Samson(w), Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Tushar Deshpande, Khaleel Ahmed

VVS playin it safe. Just wants to win today at any cost. Players who haven't played a game can sit in the dugout.

Can Shubman Gill keep up with the likes of Jaiswal and Abhishek as an opener?

While I do think Indian management is thinking of using Shubman and Jaiswal as India's next T20I openers. I do believe if and when Abhishek is ready, he should be opening. No brainer.
Gill, I remember once scored 60-ball 120 against NZ last year. I wonder what happened to him after that. Playing like Babar now.

Tuktukraj is also playing for statpadding .

Jasiwal is no way Play for statpadding

Thank God vvs is not coach for ever.he will kill the fans with his selections. Gill is trying hard to prove he is better opener than abhishek

Zimbabwe fans seem to rate Madhevere quite highly. He is batting well today.

ZIM - 25/0 (3 overs).

We are back to Dhoni era guys , Khaleel, desphande, Mukesh , Dube ,Avesh all trundelers galore , all Rubbish and garbage bowlers ,not even will select for 4th quota bowlers for other teams. All these are Quota and emotional selections by our Idiot selection committee. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Deshpande is a csk quota. He is pathetic bowler yet selected where Harisht rana is sidelines by selectors

We are back to Dhoni era guys , Khaleel, desphande, Mukesh , Dube ,Avesh all trundelers galore , all Rubbish and garbage bowlers ,not even will select for 4th quota bowlers for other teams. All these are Quota and emotional selections by our Idiot selection committee. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What's wrong with Dhoni era?

Under Dhoni, India won 3 ICC trophies (including the prestigious ODI WC).

India will choke ZImbabwe after the powerplay with Bishnoi and SUndar

Dhoni won mainly bcz of one of the strongest batting lineup , all top 7 are match winners

Only Zaheer khan is good bowler, the rest all are rotation od trundelrs, that why his way record is one of the worst in test matches
In his time ,we played Vinay kumar in Perth. That should tell u how terrible it is .

50 is up.

ZIM - 50/0 (7.1 overs).

Zimbabwe slowed down after Bishnoi started to bowl.

Sikandar Raza is probably the best Pakistani spin allrounder in T20 cricket.

Can still play for Pakistan after ZIM career

Zimbabwe register their highest T20I opening stand in 226 days

The 63-run partnership between Madhevere and Marumani was the team’s first 50-run opening stand against a full-member side since July 25, 2021.

Zimbabwe are probably 15-20 runs short. But, they have given bowlers something to defend.

I've tuned in for the first time for this series...

Why the fridge have they not selected umraan malik...is he injury/not even in squad? sick of these XYZ kumar types 125kmph on loop and now we've added another trundler - tushar deshpande....
zim is an ideal place to try out new quicks....
am hopeful for Washi Sundar...in him i see a potential all format player...has a good defense, has the shots, decent fielder and can bowl as well...

I've tuned in to this series to see the kids for the first time.

Every time I see Jaiswal, it's clear he's the next all-format great from India. All the shots + the attitude.

Jaiswal
Abhishek
Gill
SKY
Dube
Samson
Hardik
Axar
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Arshdeep

This doesn't look a bad side either. If one of the top 7 is out of form, Rinku is waiting too.

This is looking too easy for the class of these two players. They're going at 10 and they've barely taken a risk. Just 2 sixes.

We need to see this young team tested. Sri Lanka should offer more of a challenge.

Jaiswal and Gill can show what exactly stat padding/obliterating a minnow looks like.

Who is Akram? 3 overs 31 runs.
Faraz Akram was born on 3 October 1993 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to Pakistani parents.Raised in the Middle East and Pakistan, he moved with his family to Zimbabwe in 2000, where his diplomat father worked at the Pakistani embassy. He became the second Pakistani-origin player to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket, following Sikander Raza.

As long as we win we are okay. He can shift through gears. Risbar cannot do that
Gill in Odis can hit 200 when set. Apart from Fakhar, no Pakistan batsman has that range or destructive ability.Doesn’t have the T20 gear yet for Indian team standards but yes he will walk into every other team in all formats.

Back