India (164/5) beat Sri Lanka (126 all out) by 38 runs in the first T20 at Colombo

Dhananjaya is basically Mickey's new Fahim Ashraf. He'll be free loading the LOI team. Rajapaksa is apparently his new Umar Akmal. Will be on his bad side.

I still dont get it that how come a batsmen like rajapaksha get dropped from this team

I am not a fan of leg spinners who cant bowl googly. Both Chahal and R.Chahar needs to develop it to be more successful. I think the last Indian spinner with a good googly was Amit Mishra.

SL self-destructing after a good start....throwing away their wickets

Dhananjaya is basically Mickey's new Fahim Ashraf. He'll be free loading the LOI team. Rajapaksa is apparently his new Umar Akmal. Will be on his bad side.

Dhananjaya is a fine ODI batsmen not sure about T20

Amazing how Bhuvneshwar can be relied upon to produce a breakthrough when the team needs it. He's one terrific player. Solid as a rock!

Amazing how Bhuvneshwar can be relied upon to produce a breakthrough when the team needs it. He's one terrific player. Solid as a rock!

Sad to see him playing in useless series instead of being in England at the moment.

What are the similarties between a rabbit caught in headlight and Bhandara?

What did you do Hardik why get bandara out. he is micky Livingston

Some beautiful bowling by Chahal there. He's not giving the Lankans any width.

Sri Lanka need 58 runs in 30 balls. RRR: 11.60

Lanka need to get going here , they need to bring the required rate down here

Breaking news: Prithvi Shaw and Suryakumar Yadav have been called up from Sri Lanka to join India's Test squad in England

With SKY gone, India is going to find it difficult in the remaining T20s if the others don't up their game.

Only Paindu Coach like Micky would waste Hasaranga who literally coached Rashid ali few weeks ago
he is their best player of spin and they bat him at 7.

Breaking news: Prithvi Shaw and Suryakumar Yadav have been called up from Sri Lanka to join India's Test squad in England

With SKY gone, India is going to find it difficult in the remaining T20s if the others don't up their game.

So they will leave the tour mid way? That is not fair.

At least half of Lanka's wickets have been clean bowled.

SL making India look like the W. Indies of the 1970s here.

Oh dear, another day, another loss for Sri Lanka.

Kumar is a great bowler , bowls within his limitations and more often than not does his job.

Another useless bilateral series match victory for overrated Indian team

Good win for India. I still think SL could have done it if they hadn't lost so many wickets so quickly.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar returned figures of 4/22 as India registered a 38-run win in the opening T20I in Colombo.

Sri Lanka, who opted to field first, kept India to 164/5 – a total that proved more than enough in the end for the visitors to come out on top.

Four players debuted in the opening T20I across the two teams – Prithvi Shaw and Varun Chakravarthy for India and Charith Asalanka and Chamika Karunaratne for Sri Lanka.

It was a tough debut for Shaw, who was undone by a full out-swinging delivery from Dushmantha Chameera (2/24), departing for a golden duck on the first ball of the match.

Shikhar Dhawan then paired with Sanju Samson and the duo stabilised the Indian innings. Sri Lanka almost had Samson in the fifth over when Avishka Fernando caught him at short extra cover but replays showed that the fielder had grassed the catch. Capitalising on his reprieve, Samson hit a six and a four in the next over signifying his intent, but he failed to convert his start into something big. Wanindu Hasaranga (2/28) was brought into the attack and straightaway gave the hosts their second breakthrough, trapping Samson (27) in front.

The arrival of Suryakumar Yadav at the crease only amplified India's scoring rate and they brought up the fifty-run stand for the third-wicket in no time. The Sri Lanka captain then brought Karunaratne (1/34) back into the attack and the bowler got his maiden T20I wicket in the form of Dhawan, who fell four runs short of a half-century. Suryakumar followed suit in the next over, falling to Hasaranga soon after he had brought up his fifty with a six.

Ishan Kishan (20*), Hardik Pandya (10) added a few useful runs but tight bowling by the Lankans kept the visitors down to a modest 164/5.

In reply, Sri Lanka started steadily but soon lost Minod Bhanuka for 10 in the third over to Krunal Pandya (1/16). Before the next pair could rebuild, Dhananjaya de Silva (9) was dismissed by Yuzvendra Chahal (1/19) after the Powerplay. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (4/22) then forced Avishka Fernando (26) to hack across the line, giving a simple catch to Samson at deep square leg. At 50/3, things looked bleak for the hosts but Asalanka fought back.

While Ashen Bandara dropped anchor at one end, Asalanka unleashed his shots, trying to up the scoring rate. However, things started unravelling for the hosts at the death.

Deepak Chahar (2/24) came back into the attack to bowl the 16th over and crippled SRi Lanka instantly with a double-strike. Asalanka (44) fell first, holing out to deep mid-wicket. Two balls later, Hasaranga was bowled for a duck. Karunaratne (3) could do no damage either as he was bowled by Bhuvneshwar in the very next over.

The last three wickets were quickly taken by the Indians, with Bhuvneshwar accounting for two more, abruptly ending the Sri Lankan innings on 126, with nine balls to spare.

Back