India (181/8) defeat Afghanistan (134/10) comfortably by 47 runs to claim their first victory of the Super 8 stage

No way should had Rohit , Jaddu and Kohli been near this format, I ‘m ready to lose to PCT but fgs get in Jaiswal Gill and Rinku.

Dube is not built for these slow pitches. He needs some pace in the wicket. Hopefully he fires for India today.

Will AFG finally be able to beat India today? Or will they choke again?
If INdia goes past 180 then it is tough. But India might not get there. Bumrah's 4 overs and Kuldeep 4 overs will decide the fate. If Kuldeep gets purchase he is hard to pick. Even world class batsmen have struggled to pick him.

Dube is one of those guy who has the capacity to keep the spinners away from attack when on song.

No way should had Rohit , Jaddu and Kohli been near this format, I ‘m ready to lose to PCT but fgs get in Jaiswal Gill and Rinku.
BCCI does not have the guts to do that. They should have been dropped from T20 squad 2 years ago. Just like Dhoni, these oldies will not vacate their seat until you bring in the ushers to hold their neck and force them out.

If INdia goes past 180 then it is tough. But India might not get there. Bumrah's 4 overs and Kuldeep 4 overs will decide the fate. If Kuldeep gets purchase he is hard to pick. Even world class batsmen have struggled to pick him.
I dont see India losing today to be honest. I see India scoring 180+ and then choking AFganistan and winning.

165 should be winning total on this wicket. Indian bowling should be able to easily defend that total.

Since kohli can't slog rohit ,pant got out trying to up the ante and finally kohli gone.
Pant plays like that always. But Rohit just wanting to slog won't make him any better than Kohli. He is better when he takes time and accelerates gradually.

Pant plays like that always. But Rohit just wanting to slog won't make him any better than Kohli. He is better when he takes time and accelerates gradually.
In T20 Rohit does not have the luxury to do that. Works in ODI's beautifully.

Poor bowling by Rashid.

SKY is telegraphing his intentions of slog sweep, but Rashid is not adjusting his line.

Lmao. That's as clear as it gets. I'm surprised Dube didn't walked away as soon as it hit him.

Wow supposed spin basher doesn't have any clue to play spin and rinku was thrown out for him

Rashid, easily among the best match-winners in Asian cricket, perhaps as good as Bumrah.

Lmao. That's as clear as it gets. I'm surprised Dube didn't walked away as soon as it hit him.
It was very faint tbf, I don't think the umpire could tell or dube.

From the naked eye it looked as if it was bat first.

What is a realistic total Afghan can chase on this pitch, India does have some good bowling as well, even a par score can be tricky for Afghanistan

Today is perfect time for axar to come after dube dismmal .lefty - Right combos and he can Play freely

Wow supposed spin basher doesn't have any clue to play spin and rinku was thrown out for him
Dube is not built for these slow pitches. Rinku would have been a better choice.

Even Samson would be better as a finisher than Dube.

Dube is not built for these slow pitches. Rinku would have been a better choice.

Even Samson would be better as a finisher than Dube.
That's the problem with our team management and selectors. They don't know what to do and utter clueless after so many selection blunders

That's the problem with our team management and selectors. They don't know what to do and utter clueless after so many selection blunders
Even they know opening with Kohli is not going to be fruitful. But they stick with that strategy just because they made the decision in advance

Who was that SRH Indian opener, who opened with Head. I hope BCCI gives him a chance to open along with Jaiswal in the near future in T20I.

Agarkar has proved to be as clueless as his predecessors were.

Virat Kohli - Rohit Sharma scores as opening pair in T20WC 2024

22 vs IRE
12 vs PAK
1 vs USA
11 vs AFG

Yes it’s a failure, First 6 overs India need attacking batsman, currently Pant hitting the ball well…. Pant should open with Rohit, Kohli to come down at 3

Back