India [213/4] beat Ireland [70] by 143 runs in the 2nd T20I to win series 2-0

Mohammad Hafeez also made a big contribution in champions trophy final to defeat india so dont compare hafeez to a player like that

This should be our T20 squad imo-

KL
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
DK/Raina
Pant(wk)
Pandya
Bhuvi
Chahal/Sundar/Umesh (Depending upon the pitch and conditions)
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Pant??? Check how much he made in ongoing A tour.Dude cant buy a run against A team lallus and you want him in senior team?

Pant??? Check how much he made in ongoing A tour.Dude cant buy a run against A team lallus and you want him in senior team?

Format specific squad. Pant is a useful basher and is certainly better squad player than Panday.

I was talking specifically about T20is. Who else you want as a WK? The less you talk about Dhoni the better. DK isn’t getting any younger either.

Someone needs to be groomed for the role. Samson might the contender for the role but I’d prefer Pant over Samson.

I was talking specifically about T20is. Who else you want as a WK? The less you talk about Dhoni the better. DK isn’t getting any younger either.

Someone needs to be groomed for the role. Samson might the contender for the role but I’d prefer Pant over Samson.

Also as JattMaula said I’d definitely play Pant over this dud Pandey guy.

No hate, but Ireland and Afganistan are still associate level and I am afraid that's where they belong.

How about Ishan Kishan? He has been making some good scores in this A tour.Samson is the better batsman of all three but I am not sure of his keeping.

No hate, but Ireland and Afganistan are still associate level and I am afraid that's where they belong.

T20s are Ireland's worst format. They did pretty well against Pakistan in the test match. Teams can't magically get better if they don't get to play.

How about Ishan Kishan? He has been making some good scores in this A tour.Samson is the better batsman of all three but I am not sure of his keeping.

Yeah forgot about him. Ishan looked good in IPL too for MI both with bat and gloves. Samson is a good batsman but awful with gloves.

Such a waste of time playing Ireland. Even India A would demolish this Irish side.

BCCI should reconsider scheduling games against minnows before all important tour. This series could really give false impression and could be a huge wakeup call when India face the mighty English.

I always thought Pandey would be the next big thing after Kohli but he has failed to keep up with the expectations.

I think this should be the last chance for Manish and selectors should move from him.

In other news India A beat WI A by 203 runs. Shaw scored another century.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news India A beat WI A by 203 runs. Shaw scored another century.

Shaw and Gill should be the team ASAP. At least as backups to some duds like Pandey/Jadhav etc.

Iyer as usual is a huge disappointment. Failed miserably in this A-Tour.

So far, Shaw/Gill/Vihari have been the bright spots.

Disappointed that none of Nagarkoti/Abhishek Sharma/Shivam Mavi have been selected for the A-Tour.

Instead we went with the same useless lot consisting of Shardul Thakur, Axar and Vijay Shankar. These 3 are as useless as it gets. They will never be good and they are mediocre to begin with.

Shaw and Gill should be the team ASAP. At least as backups to some duds like Pandey/Jadhav etc.

Iyer as usual is a huge disappointment. Failed miserably in this A-Tour.

So far, Shaw/Gill/Vihari have been the bright spots.

Disappointed that none of Nagarkoti/Abhishek Sharma/Shivam Mavi have been selected for the A-Tour.

Instead we went with the same useless lot consisting of Shardul Thakur, Axar and Vijay Shankar. These 3 are as useless as it gets. They will never be good and they are mediocre to begin with.
Nagarkoti and Mavi are still kids and will have plenty of time.First let them consistantly perfrom in domestics for one season and then will get their chances in A team.That is the pattern all the teams have been following.I think Indian team management thinks VijayShankar as a backup for Pandya and hence more chances for him in A teams.

Back