India [297 & 343/7d] beat West Indies [222 & 100] by 318 runs in the 1st Test, lead series 1-0

Jadeja is possibly the most valuable player for India right now. Decent batsman, good bowler, great fielder.

IND 296/9 (96.0) CRR: 3.08
Day 2: 1st Session - West Indies opt to bowl

IND 297-all out (96.4) CRR: 3.07
Day 2: Lunch Break - West Indies opt to bowl

Capture.JPG

Well played Jadeja. Batting average of 32 and bowling avg of 23 is pretty good for a number 8 batsman. Much better than some overhyped players in this line up. :inti

Well played Jadeja. Batting average of 32 and bowling avg of 23 is pretty good for a number 8 batsman. Much better than some overhyped players in this line up. :inti

Don't forget his fifty in the WC semi final. Better than anything Kohli has ever done in WC lol

Come on, West Indies. Put on 400.

West Indies are a much better Test side now. They only struggle in ODI.

IND 297
WI 37/1 (9.2) CRR: 3.96
Day 2: 2nd Session - West Indies trail by 260 runs

Campbell gone

IND 297
WI 48/2 (18.1) CRR: 2.64
Day 2: 2nd Session - West Indies trail by 249 runs

Windies looking wobbly

IND 297
WI 59/3 (23.0) CRR: 2.57
Day 2: 2nd Session - West Indies trail by 238 runs

India will have them bowled out for 200 or less

IND 297
WI 97/4 (33.0) CRR: 2.94
Day 2: 3rd Session - West Indies trail by 200 runs

Every single time Roston Chase , seriously just get out Maan!

ND 297
WI 130/5 (42.2) CRR: 3.07
Day 2: 3rd Session - West Indies trail by 167 runs

Chase gone!

Where were you when Pant fans were mocking Dhoni's test average? Let me tell you something new today that Dhoni also used to bat at 7.

If you have no issues with criticism then why are you getting hurt of all people? I can talk about him in any thread where it makes sense. Am I talking about Hardik Pandya here? Is he playing in this test? No. Pant is playing. And I didn't even criticise him in this thread yet fans like you are crying here. :inti

I don’t mock Dhoni the player. I just think Pant is a good player who will come good. You need to stop putting people in brackets. Just because 1 or 2 posters have mocked Dhoni or called Pant the next Gilchrist, it doesn’t mean everyone has done that.

You are not even criticising anyway. All you are doing is mocking people. I haven’t seen you explain anything technical about Pant game.

Where did I mock them? You are actually trying hard to stop me from commenting in this thread. Go cry somewhere else. You seem to be new to forums and have no idea how to discuss topics. :inti

We see it on every thread.

Lol how I’m I crying? I actually find it funny how you expect a 21 year old to score in every single game. When he doesn’t you claim it as a win for yourself.

You have a agenda against players in your own team. :))))

You would rather push those agendas than see your own team win.

We see it on every thread.

Lol how I’m I crying? I actually find it funny how you expect a 21 year old to score in every single game. When he doesn’t you claim it as a win for yourself.

You have a agenda against players in your own team. :))))

You would rather push those agendas than see your own team win.

What B$ is this? As I said earlier you are looking too desperate here. You can read my posts. I haven't even started criticising Pant in this thread but you are still complaining lol.

Is that something to do with me exposing you few weeks ago that you are an Indian fan like me? Are you still hurt bro? :inti

What B$ is this? As I said earlier you are looking too desperate here. You can read my posts. I haven't even started criticising Pant in this thread but you are still complaining lol.

Is that something to do with me exposing you few weeks ago that you are an Indian fan like me? Are you still hurt bro? :inti

You are pathetic.

I am not hurt. I am just making a comment.

You are not that important, calm down. We are talking about a player.

I don’t mock Dhoni the player. I just think Pant is a good player who will come good. You need to stop putting people in brackets. Just because 1 or 2 posters have mocked Dhoni or called Pant the next Gilchrist, it doesn’t mean everyone has done that.

You are not even criticising anyway. All you are doing is mocking people. I haven’t seen you explain anything technical about Pant game.

Yeah me calling him a tullaybaaz and explaining his batting stance, his shot selection, his game awareness is nothing. May be it was too much to drill it in your brain? Lets talk about stats here

12 ODI's average of 22
18 T20's average of 22

His test average will also go down soon. You guys think its a joke maintaining an average of 50 in test cricket?

If this was any other player with the same stats let's say for example Vijay Shankar hypocrites like you would have asked for his removal from the team. May be its a case of you thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters here?

You don't even have stats on your side currently yet you are blabbering unneccessarily here. If you are going to overhype a 21 year old then get ready to hear criticism from fans as well. If you have allergy from criticisms then kindly crawl back to your cave. :inti

5 wicket haul for Ishant.

His record is very similar to Zaheer"s now' and just like Zaheer he has gotten better with age. Very similar career graph.

West Indies threw it away. They had a golden opportunity to take a big lead.

It is disappointing because they did much better against England.

Yeah....and long may it continue.....i admire ishant's spirit...he always bowls the longs spells and runs in with lot of energy........and i wish jason g was our bowling coach....
So no credit to Bharat Arun under whom Ishant did all this?

West Indies threw it away. They had a golden opportunity to take a big lead.

It is disappointing because they did much better against England.

Indian bowling is on par with Aussies so it's not a surprise here really. Indian bowlers arw far more lethal than the english. Somehow ishant has learnt to bat too now lol.

rqGPIPo.jpg

Amazing :)))

Ishant2.0 is really good. He should bring that career average down to 28 by the time he retires.

Pant's test average will go down no doubt but it is also obvious that with good sample set, his ODI numbers will come better. 20 ODI means nothing and he will definitely take his ODI numbers to 40@SR 100 in long term.

India in a winning position but they cant afford a collapse in 2nd inning.

Ishant v 2.0 has been fantastic for India having already proved that overseas, he is one of the best India have produced with the bowl.

Pant needs time. He's played some 12 ODIS and 18-20 T20s. Hardly a sample set to take a judgment call.

But it is a fact that for some others we'd have said 12 ODIs and 20 T20s are enough to show he has little talent- sack the fellow.

There's no contradiction there. It's a very necessary and inevitable judgment call of the players' potential ceiling, one that is taken by management every time a new player is dropped or persisted with.

Hence the strong and vehement difference in opinions between fans for 2 players with the same stats.

I would hesitate to give Shankar the same latitude as Pant at this time. I think Pant has a higher ceiling. I may be wrong.

India in a winning position but they cant afford a collapse in 2nd inning.

Ishant v 2.0 has been fantastic for India having already proved that overseas, he is one of the best India have produced with the bowl.

IIRC overall in tests he started to turn his game around six years ago, but he was erratic good one ear then bad the next. I think the last two years are when he has gone up several levels for India.

So no credit to Bharat Arun under whom Ishant did all this?

I did'nt mean that...off course Bharat Arun has worked wonders especially with Jazz boom....
If you notice especially this innings the wickets of roach and Hope - he made the ball cut away from the batsman ....normally his stock ball is the one that comes in....and he also is pitching it up...my question is...it took about 8 years to achive this, imagine the amount of matches gone, the same tripe he bowled day in an out...that said i feel either jason g or craig mcdermott would be an apt bowling coach even if we hire them for the U19's...they have the fantastic coaching ethics of pitching it up, bowling in th corridor etc

Ishant2.0 is really good. He should bring that career average down to 28 by the time he retires.

Yep...heartening to see...and he's also swinging/cutting it away from the batsmen...also pitching it up...something tht was missing all these years...Cheers for ishant...

Of course, 'the best finisher' who was hiding behind inexperienced players when the going got tough.

Lol you would have cried even if Dhoni came on to bat at 5. Just like you were doing in the previous matches. So called next big things embarrassed India in the semi final.

People were expecting too much from these average players. Dhoni according to most fans was already finished yet he contributed more than your golden boys.

Anyway you shouldn't expect more from a number 7 batsman. To know how it works contact our fellow indian brother [MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION]. He will tell you when the collapse happens all eyes should always be on the top order you shouldn't blame a number 7 batsman. I hope he doesn't behave like a hypocrite this time and will explain you the science behind his logic. :inti

But the question is why did Dhoni hid behind Pant and even Pandya?

If my team is 250-3, I will send Pant and Pandya higher than Dhoni.

What's the point of hiding behind those two when my team is 25-3 and target is 240. Its a perfect platform for Dhoni to come and tuk-tuk all through the inning and become a hero.

West Indies batsman Roston Chase admitted that India's lower-order partnerships sapped the energy out of the home side in the first Test in Antigua.

India, who were 25/3 at one stage, recovered through the efforts of No.5 Ajinkya Rahane, before all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja combined with the lower order to lift them from 207/7 to a challenging total of 297.

Jadeja, in the squad as the front-line spinner, brought up a measured half-century, adding 60 runs for the eighth wicket with Ishant Sharma and 29 for the last with Jasprit Bumrah on Friday, 23 August. West Indies, who got the wicket of Rishabh Pant early in the day, were slowly deflated.

"We got the early wicket we wanted, but we tried too hard," said Chase after the day's play. "Our energy went down a bit after the partnership built and Jadeja and Ishant played off that."

Jadeja, who brought up his 12th 50-plus score in Tests, said being positive with his shot selection helped him. "I was looking to build a partnership and focusing on playing with the tail-enders," he said. Ishant and he "were talking between the overs that we can play as long as possible. We looked to play one over at a time", he explained.

"If [the tail] score runs, bowlers get irritated," he went on. "I was talking to Ishant and Bumrah, that we can play as long as possible. We knew that if we believe in our technique, we can apply in the middle."

India's decision to leave out the experienced off-spinner R Ashwin and bank on Jadeja's left-arm spin and Hanuma Vihari's part-time offies came as some surprise. While Jadeja insisted that brought no extra pressure on him, he was thrilled to have delivered.

"It feels good that the captain has faith in you and sees you as a main player," he said. "My confidence, too, goes up with that. Luckily I delivered."

While he had 1/58 after 16 overs, it was Ishant's 5/42 that reduced West Indies to 189/8 by stumps. Jadeja was all praise for his team-mate, especially for the two caught-and-bowled against his name, of Kraigg Brathwaite and Shimron Hetmyer.

"If he hadn't held on to those catches, the situation would have been different," Jadeja said. "After bowling for so long, in such heat, to take those catches – that was the turning point."

Chase meanwhile, urged the batsmen to step up. "We need to knuckle down, with our top-order batting," he said. "We usually contribute well in the middle order. Our top-order needs to pull a little more weight and bring some scores to the table."

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1322044

shant Sharma took 5/42 as West Indies finished the second day of the first Test against India on 189/8, trailing the visitors' first-innings total by 108 runs.

VIEW MATCH CENTRE

Ishant began his day by offering Ravindra Jadeja valuable support at the crease with the bat before starring with the ball, taking his ninth five-wicket haul in Test cricket to help push India into a dominant position in the Test match.

Rishabh Pant and Jadeja were the batting pair to start India's day, but Pant departed early, edging to Jason Holder in the slip cordon for 24. Nevertheless, West Indies’ hopes of rolling over the tail quickly were dampened by a spirited eighth-wicket partnership between Jadeja and Ishant.

Together the pair put on a crucial stand on 60, Ishant surviving for 61 balls before Shannon Gabriel castled him from the 62nd. Jadeja battled on, however, going to an 11th Test half-century before he was the final wicket to perish, falling for 58 to Holder. India went to lunch having put 297 on the board.

John Campbell enjoyed a racing start, strolling to 23 in quick time, but Mohammed Shami intervened from the final ball of his first over, firing the ball in to rattle the left-hander’s stumps.

Kraigg Brathwaite fell victim to an excellent return catch from Ishant and debutant Shamarh Brooks was out 16 balls later, his cut shot lobbing off Pant's foot to Rahane at slip to leave West Indies 50/3.

Darren Bravo and Roston Chase kept things ticking over, and Bravo appeared to make a statement of intent with a crushing six off Jadeja. But Jasprit Bumrah, playing his first international since the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup, ended Bravo's stay, pinning him on his pads as he shifted across his stumps.

Chase looked set for his eighth Test half-century but the excellent Ishant outfoxed him, getting the right-hander to chip a catch into the perfectly positioned KL Rahul at midwicket.

Shimron Hetmyer and Shai Hope, West Indies' two young batting hopes began to wrestle back the initiative but Ishant came into his own in the evening. He nabbed Hope's edge with a ball that moved away slightly from the right-hander, and his fourth arrived soon after, Hetmyer chipping one back to Ishant to give the bowler his second caught-and-bowled of the day.

Roach lasted just three balls as he pushed his bat forward only to send the ball into the safe hands of Virat Kohli in the slips. Ishant had five and West Indies had lost three wickets for just five runs.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1321861

You are pathetic.

Iam not hurt. I am just making a comment.

You are not that important, calm down. We are talking about a player.

Of course he is
'you are crying', 'you r a hypocrite', 'you are desperate', 'go crawl back to your cave', 'you r empty water bottle', 'what are you blabbering', 'you are looking for my attention', 'you think it's only your opinion that matters' - These are some of the standard things that he says to everyone who has a different opinion with out realising that it is him who is doing above mentioned things. Then ppl will realise he is not worth discussing and then they ignore him :msd

First wrong statement:-

1.Pant embarrassed India in semi final.

-> No, he didn't. His natural game is of attack and with no past backing by team management or experience of international ODI cricket, how <B>fair</B> was it to send a 7 odi experience guy in the most crucial juncture of the game and asking to play opposite to his natural game. He still tried but eventually got out because of lack of experience.

2. Dhoni played a good inning,lol.

-> I am not a Dhoni hater but he deserves heat for the non-sense that we just saw during the WC semi final.

Why exactly did he came behind Pandya, <B>a naturally attacking batsmen</B> who is supposed to come later in the overs to hit a 30 ball-50, ahead of the calm MSD whose game was actually suited to come at that position, tuk-tuk from one end and let Pant, Pandya and Jadeja score runs quickly from other end. Dhoni could have become an ultimate hero in that match.

Of course he is
'you are crying', 'you r a hypocrite', 'you are desperate', 'go crawl back to your cave', 'you r empty water bottle', 'what are you blabbering', 'you are looking for my attention', 'you think it's only your opinion that matters' - These are some of the standard things that he says to everyone who has a different opinion with out realising that it is him who is doing above mentioned things. Then ppl will realise he is not worth discussing and then they ignore him :msd

Sorry sir. I am not the one who is forcing others to accept my opinion here. Its guys like you and Hassan who wants me to accept their opinion. You guys try too hard to convince me that my opinion is nothing but you always fall flat on your face. All you post is just gibberish.

When we are discussing Pant's performance you desperately try to drag Dhoni into it. Just look at my reply above. I posted some stats there. How about you discuss them with me?

At least I have 5-6 different things to say. But all you do is dhoni this dhoni that lol. This one will be new for you so how about you grow up and start discussing Pant's stats rather than shooting anyone who criticises him?

I am expecting another one liner from you. :inti

-> No, he didn't. His natural game is of attack and with no past backing by team management or experience of international ODI cricket, how <B>fair</B> was it to send a 7 odi experience guy in the most crucial juncture of the game and asking to play opposite to his natural game. He still tried but eventually got out because of lack of experience.

-> I am not a Dhoni hater but he deserves heat for the non-sense that we just saw during the WC semi final.

Why exactly did he came behind Pandya, <B>a naturally attacking batsmen</B> who is supposed to come later in the overs to hit a 30 ball-50, ahead of the calm MSD whose game was actually suited to come at that position, tuk-tuk from one end and let Pant, Pandya and Jadeja score runs quickly from other end. Dhoni could have become an ultimate hero in that match.

First statement : Yes he embarrassed India. He was playing at number 4. The most important position in the team.

Second statement : I said Dhoni contributed more than Golden Boys Pandya and Pant in that match. Learn to comprehend properly first. And was it Dhoni's decision to bat at 7? Is he the captain now?

You yourself called Pant a hack in LOI's or may be it was someone else? :inti

Have we forgotten Dhoni’s terrible innings against England?

He could’ve knocked out England in the World Cup.

First statement : Yes he embarrassed India. He was playing at number 4. The most important position in the team.

Second statement : I said Dhoni contributed more than Golden Boys Pandya and Pant in that match. Learn to comprehend properly first. And was it Dhoni's decision to bat at 7? Is he the captain now?

I never called Pant a hack. He is nowhere near a complete batsmen, that's true but not a hack. He will improve his game with time and experience. Currently he is still good enough to play all formats for India.

Regarding batting position, shouldnt Dhoni, a senior guy, be taking that no.4 position as it is such a crucial position in the team rather than putting a youngster there and I remember Dhoni once said that for him, it's not about the batting position but the number of overs that is still left. Pant can bat at 4 if India are 2 down after 25-30 overs. If not then send Dhoni. He is an experienced guy, he has better defense game and will make sure collapse not happens.

And let's not assume as if Dhoni had no say in that decision. He gets credit for tutioning Kohli in terms of captaincy and on-field strategy and him coming even behind Pandya, lol, that's downgrading your position further from what it is, and he would had no say in it?? Really!

Its quite obvious India lost that match there itself.

Have we forgotten Dhoni’s terrible innings against England?

He could’ve knocked out England in the World Cup.

Dhoni's problem is that he doesn't have the same attack game as it used to be. However, he is still good enough when team needs to chase a 250 total because it's hard to get him out. And with naturally attacking batsmen on other end, Pant, Pandya and then even Jadeja at 8(remember India strengthened their batting for that game, yet lost), Dhoni's job was to come when his team was 3 down and score a 125 ball 80 and take his team over the line. Pant, Pandya and others would have got their usual 30-40 at 90-100 SR, which they are good at.

But what you did is asking those blokes to tuk-tuk, hold the inning and score at 75 SR and Dhoni to come later and score with SR pressure. It's like opposite roles to opposite nature players.

The question is,

Why did Dhoni hid behind both Pandya and Pant? Was he afraid to face the music early in the innings and sent a youngster and an all-rounder ahead of him?

Of course he is

All I said is Pant can be a good player somehow that means I am worshiper of his and I support India.

Can't even have a different opinion these days without getting named call.

Yeah me calling him a tullaybaaz and explaining his batting stance, his shot selection, his game awareness is nothing. May be it was too much to drill it in your brain? Lets talk about stats here

12 ODI's average of 22
18 T20's average of 22

His test average will also go down soon. You guys think its a joke maintaining an average of 50 in test cricket?

If this was any other player with the same stats let's say for example Vijay Shankar hypocrites like you would have asked for his removal from the team. May be its a case of you thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters here?

You don't even have stats on your side currently yet you are blabbering unneccessarily here. If you are going to overhype a 21 year old then get ready to hear criticism from fans as well. If you have allergy from criticisms then kindly crawl back to your cave. :inti

Never said he will average 50 long term. I have never mentioned his average once or what his average will finish as LOL.

The question is,

Why did Dhoni hid behind both Pandya and Pant? Was he afraid to face the music early in the innings and sent a youngster and an all-rounder ahead of him?

Yeah Dhoni was afraid of facing the music? How old are you by the way? Dhoni has 10k runs in ODI's but a part time fan like you thinks he is afraid of facing the music lol. It's a bit rich coming from an AB Fan isn't it? We all know who was afraid of facing the real music and chickened out of World Cup.

And you should check Dhoni inning against Australia in the World Cup for a change? Batted with a much better strike rate than Pandya who also faced spinners.

Here is an article go through it before giving me another lame reply as always.

https://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2...position-in-world-cup-2019-semi-final-2068827

:inti

pant is a good test player. his FC record doesn't lie. He has potential to be a good test player. He is only 21. However I have no hope for him in odi. I agree with baag viru.

Yeah Dhoni was afraid of facing the music? How old are you by the way? Dhoni has 10k runs in ODI's but a part time fan like you thinks he is afraid of facing the music lol. It's a bit rich coming from an AB Fan isn't it? We all know who was afraid of facing the real music and chickened out of World Cup.

And you should check Dhoni inning against Australia in the World Cup for a change? Batted with a much better strike rate than Pandya who also faced spinners.

Here is an article go through it before giving me another lame reply as always.

https://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2...position-in-world-cup-2019-semi-final-2068827

:inti

As usual,the nonsense spouted.

So, Dhoni was scared that he would get out because he is not good enough to face the music in such a big game?

Last edited:
IND 297
WI 192/8 (60.4) CRR: 3.16
Day 3: 1st Session - West Indies trail by 105 runs

As usual,the nonsense spouted.

So, Dhoni was scared that he would get out because he is not good enough to face the music in such a big game?

I asked you to not come up with a lame reply but you did it once again. Did you even read the article I gave? You are the one who is making up things and spouting nonsense here. Can you please show or prove it was Dhoni's decision to bat at 7? I am happy to be proven wrong by you. :inti

I asked you to not come up with a lame reply but you did it once again. Did you even read the article I gave? You are the one who is making up things and spouting nonsense here. Can you please show or prove it was Dhoni's decision to bat at 7? I am happy to be proven wrong by you. :inti

Dhoni is a senior and experienced guy in the team. He took the responsibility and came to bat higher up the order in 2011 WC and took his team over the line.

Now in WC 2019 when he has become the senior-most guy in team and all his decisions are accepted by Kohli who gets tutioning by him, he hid down the order because as per team management, it is important for him to stay in the end and tuk-tuk. Dhoni with all his experience, should have man up and decided to bat higher at 5, taken the responsibility and scored a match winning 85(130 ball). He would have again became a hero and had established himself as one of India's greatest player in ODI history.

But the fact remains that by not taking the responsibility and sending a youngster and a no.7 batsmen above him, he has dented his legacy a bit.

I am not a Dhoni hater but I was embarrassed by what I did witnessed in 2019 WC semi final.

Last edited:
Dhoni is a senior and experienced guy in the team. He took the responsibility and came to bat higher up the order in 2011 WC and took his team over the line.

Now in WC 2019 when he has become the senior-most guy in team and all his decisions are accepted by Kohli who gets tutioning by him, he hid down the order because as per team management, it is important for him to stay in the end and tuk-tuk. Dhoni with all his experience, should have man up and decided to bat higher at 5, taken the responsibility and scored a match winning 85(130 ball). He would have again became a hero and had established himself as one of India's greatest player in ODI history.

But the fact remains that by not taking the responsibility and sending a youngster and a no.7 batsmen above him, he has dented his legacy a bit.

I am not a Dhoni hater but I was embarrassed by what I did witnessed in 2019 WC semi final.

Before that match some fans were abusing Dhoni for not batting down the order and actually blaming him for not sending Pandya ahead.

Dhoni has already proved himself enough in biggest stages of them all. It was Pant's and Pandya's chance to become heroes but they failed. If they are of international quality they should learn to play under pressure. There will be no Dhoni to put the blame on. They are all alone now. Real test begins.

You call yourself an indian cricket fan yet you are blaming Dhoni for hiding behind noobs like Pant or Pandya? I found it quite funny because it is coming from a fan of AB Devilliers. :inti

Before that match some fans were abusing Dhoni for not batting down the order and actually blaming him for not sending Pandya ahead.

Dhoni has already proved himself enough in biggest stages of them all. It was Pant's and Pandya's chance to become heroes but they failed. If they are of international quality they should learn to play under pressure. There will be no Dhoni to put the blame on. They are all alone now. Real test begins.

You call yourself an indian cricket fan yet you are blaming Dhoni for hiding behind noobs like Pant or Pandya? I found it quite funny because it is coming from a fan of AB Devilliers. :inti

AB de Villiers is potentially, one of the most gifted player the game has ever seen. He is a kind of player, who can make an impact in the course of the game, even if he bats down at 5.

For example, If you remember the SA vs NZ WC 2015 game, he came to bat at 5, and the run-rate was around 4.5 with lots of overs left.

I watched that game fully. He batted at normal pace, without taking any risk and before rain came, he was already batting at 57 off 38 balls, this is batting as per his normal standards. So, he had enough potential to impact the game even if he comes down the order.

This is not the case with MS Dhoni. He was no longer at his peak and he didnt had the same power game as it was many years back. So, if he bats down the order, there is no guarantee that he would finish the chase by scoring a quick-fire inning. Jadeja played a masterclass at other end yet we fall short. So, it was anyways proved that he didnt possesed the same finishing skills.

Regarding some people asking Pandya to come ahead of Dhoni because in earlier games, Indian middle order were coming to bat after 35 overs and at that time, Pandya has better hitting ability than Dhoni.

See, it eventually depends on the game requirement. Nobody will say that if my team is 25-4 and target is 240, then send Pandya ahead of Dhoni, lol. Its a common sense that you gotta send Dhoni right there. He would have tutioned Pant who was at other end and Dhoni would have made sure that he holds the inning at one end. He was good enough for that even at this age. Once the run-rate goes higher, Pant would start accelerating and there was Pandya and Jadeja still waiting to come.

I hope you would have understood my point now.

Last edited:
Bhumrah is carrying a niggle?

Been really slow in this innings

<But>Dhoni has already proved himself enough in biggest stages of them all. It was Pant's and Pandya's chance to become heroes but they failed. If they are of international quality they should learn to play under pressure. There will be no Dhoni to put the blame on. They are all alone now. Real test begins.</B>

Regarding this, yes, Dhoni proved himself in 2011 WC and I do consider him an ODI legend of the game but I was just trying to point out that he had his legacy dented slightly by 2019 WC semis and last few years approach.

Pant and Pandya also have to learn to perform under pressure. 2019 WC semis was a bit unfair to Pant but now he is getting chance, so time to prove himself. Same goes for Pandya. He is an all-rounder but is more capable with bat. So, has to do more with the bat.

WI 222
IND 297, 24/0 (12.0) CRR: 2
Day 3: 2nd Session - India lead by 99 runs

WI 222
IND 297, 91/3 (33.4) CRR: 2.7
Day 3: 2nd Session - India lead by 166 runs

Pujara latest to fall but Kohli looking good

WI 222
IND 297, 98/3 (37.0) CRR: 2.65
Day 3: Tea Break - India lead by 173 runs

India in command.

I don't think Windies have any chance to win the match now. They already looking demoralised.

50 for Kohli. Let me guess it's a useless 50, but if Pujara scored it would be a clutch knock.

Back