India [326/2] beat West Indies [322/8] by eight wickets in the first ODI match

If WI get Kohli early then a win is almost certain

Rayaudu needs to show in this game why he has been selected and why it looks like he will get a run of games.

Still can't believe a batting factory like India is sticking with him. :facepalm: :facepalm:

KL,Samson,and Pandey all better opitions.

West Indies think tank showing more intelligence than our "think tank" .

Introducing Thomas 1 year before WC. And backing talent like Hope and Hetmyer. Whilst we stick with known TTFS and aren't even looking to introduce any new talent since CT other than Asif :facepalm:

West Indies think tank showing more intelligence than our "think tank" .

Introducing Thomas 1 year before WC. And backing talent like Hope and Hetmyer. Whilst we stick with known TTFS and aren't even looking to introduce any new talent since CT other than Asif :facepalm:

General case of Asian team think tank

General case of Asian team think tank

Very disappointing. I'm sure Hafeez will be in the next ODI squad. I'm not saying we have elite level batsmen coming through but it would be nice for a younger player to be given a chance. Instead of selecting a player well past his best.

Look at the ball carry through. Why can't our farmers (sorry curators) produce wickets like this ?

Thomas overbowling the short ball and losing his control. It's tough for a young pacer facing batsmen of this calibre.

King Kohli showing the West India 'Speed Demon' his place in the pecking order here.

Just few days ago me and my friends were discussing that Kohli hasn't come across freak speedsters and turners of the ball like Tendulkar did. Interesting to see this battle with Thomas. Kohli being tested against sheer pace. So far so good. Never thought pace was an issue with him. Maybe he would have struggled against Warne.

Upto now Oshane Thomas looks more like a West Indian Lahiru Kumara. But he has got time in this match even.

Just few days ago me and my friends were discussing that Kohli hasn't come across freak speedsters and turners of the ball like Tendulkar did. Interesting to see this battle with Thomas. Kohli being tested against sheer pace. So far so good. Never thought pace was an issue with him. Maybe he would have struggled against Warne.

This battle of Kohli and Thomas is reminiscent of battle between Sachin and Olonga. He was also bowling short at high pace and Sachin was cutting and pulling him for fun.

Rayaudu needs to show in this game why he has been selected and why it looks like he will get a run of games.

Still can't believe a batting factory like India is sticking with him. :facepalm: :facepalm:

He is just as bad as Rayudu. I'm not interested in stats.

India are cruising. Scoring boundaries and rotating strike very easily. Windies struggling to contain.

KL has been inconsistent. Besides he can't bat below no 3.
Samson is already nowhere in the reckoning
Pandey got his chances in the Asia cup. He hashed it.

Seriously, Rayudu is all we have for that position. He may not be a flashy scorer with a high strike rate but he doesn't have to be that. Coming in at no 4, he will only need to play an anchoring role should the top three big hitters get out cheaply. As far as I can see, he is the best person around for that role.

What we are going to need is big hitters at no 5 or 6, who Rayudu at no 4 can bat around. It is good that Rishab Pant has been drafted in. If only we could get rid of MSD and get a big hitter at that position, we will be all set.

Seriously, Rayudu is all we have for that position. He may not be a flashy scorer with a high strike rate but he doesn't have to be that. Coming in at no 4, he will only need to play an anchoring role should the top three big hitters get out cheaply. As far as I can see, he is the best person around for that role.

What we are going to need is big hitters at no 5 or 6, who Rayudu at no 4 can bat around. It is good that Rishab Pant has been drafted in. If only we could get rid of MSD and get a big hitter at that position, we will be all set.

Rayudu fan? seriously?

A player needs to have both gears.We can't have Rayudu scoring 60-70 SR just coz we lost early wickets,specially chasing 300.We need a guy who can stabilise but can also hit big if needed.And for that we have guys like Rahul,Iyer,Pant,Shaw,Gill etc

Kohli is just having fun. Inspite of missing so many matches this year he has still scored more runs than Rohit and Dhawan

A player needs to have both gears.We can't have Rayudu scoring 60-70 SR just coz we lost early wickets,specially chasing 300.We need a guy who can stabilise but can also hit big if needed.And for that we have guys like Rahul,Iyer,Pant,Shaw,Gill etc

Actually Rayudu is more aggressive when he opens the innings. Rohit can be a good middle order

India looking all set for WC 2019. If this form continues they will reach the final without breaking a sweat.

He's an opener though. Been an opener all his life. Right from U-12 days.

He will probably struggle at number 4 just like KL did. Same problem for both those guys.

Nope.

KL failed at 4 doesn't mean every opener will. Whats the harm in playing him in a series. We know what other can do. Let's see check him out.

Kohli is illustrating how he is far and ahead of Rohit with fantastic groundstrokes through gaps. He just doesn't rely on aerial shots like Rohit.

Nope.

KL failed at 4 doesn't mean every opener will. Whats the harm in playing him in a series. We know what other can do. Let's see check him out.

I have only one fear about this approach.

Look at what we did to Rahane and KL by trying to force them into that no 4 position in the ODI team. It has certainly messed with their test game.

With Shaw, we have finally seemed to have sorted our test openers to an extent.

Personally, I wouldn't want to risk messing with Shaw's game unless we have completely run out of options.

I don't think we have reached that stage. We have just introduced Pant into the ODI team. If he does well then our problems are sorted. If Pant succeeds then our top 6 for the WC will be

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Dhoni
Pant
Kedar

And frankly that looks like a good enough top 6 for the WC, as far as I am concerned.

India looking all set for WC 2019. If this form continues they will reach the final without breaking a sweat.

I am not sure about if we'd achieve it without breaking a sweat but going by the depth of talent and experience in this team and all of the money invested they should get to the semis with a professional display in the round robin matches. After that it's all about having two good days.

The format will be challenging for Pakistan. They are more used to taking full advantage of the knock out pressure situation and punching hard out of nowhere. Will be interesting to see how they stay motivated in the 9 matches before the knock outs. I would have backed them an year ago after the CT win but now i have question marks on this team.

Gavaskar was saying in comm box that Kohli easily missed 300 odd runs in Asia cup. Not sure if he was serious or taking a dig at the oppositions? :srt

Hmm...Rohit and Kohli chasing this shows us nothing.

At least need Rayudu out there right about now.

I am not sure about if we'd achieve it without breaking a sweat but going by the depth of talent and experience in this team and all of the money invested they should get to the semis with a professional display in the round robin matches. After that it's all about having two good days.

The format will be challenging for Pakistan. They are more used to taking full advantage of the knock out pressure situation and punching hard out of nowhere. Will be interesting to see how they stay motivated in the 9 matches before the knock outs. I would have backed them an year ago after the CT win but now i have question marks on this team.

The only time this format was followed we won the World Cup.This format also allows a team to have 3-4 bad games and still be in with a shout.For Pakistan to challenge I hope we don’t start all guns blazing but build momentum slowly because we are not one of those teams that can maintain momentum for 10-11 games

Even though WI is a lower ranked side, it is such a pleasure to watch stroke play of Kohli. ONe of the most watchable cricketer in the world. His strokes are absolutely magical.

3 million+ viewers on Hotstar. This against a depleted WI side. Asia Cup had similar viewerships except for last few moments of finals when ut peaked at 5 mil+

To those who doesn't watch the match please do watch the highlights of Kohli. It is batting exhibition of the highest order. His late adjustments , feet movement was like a coaching session. It is a pure delight for all cricket fans.

A wasted opportunity for India. What did they learn from this game? Nothing. Could they test their plans? No.

A meaningless, empty victory that won't be recalled 7 days from now. But it will come back to haunt India come the WC19.

Rohit scored the faster century among the two after all these Kohli exploits

A wasted opportunity for India. What did they learn from this game? Nothing. Could they test their plans? No.

A meaningless, empty victory that won't be recalled 7 days from now. But it will come back to haunt India come the WC19.

I see you are already working on the assumption that we will tank at the WC.

Back