India (399/5) defeat Australia (217) by 99 runs (DLS target 317) to win the 2nd ODI

Please limit the discussion to the India versus Australia game and issues related to it. Thank you

Watching Gil play reminds of my childhood and watching Sachin play.

You just know that the player is head and shoulders better than anyone on the field and you are watching magician dazzle the audience.

Again Gil on fire

I recon they need to rest him now for the 3rd ODI

I agree.
Let’s not let the Aussies work him out. They’re very good at it.

He’s done enough damage to go into the World Cup as the most feared batter.

IND 137/1 after 19 overs. Any guess related to the final score after 50 overs. I think they will score something around 360-370.

Oh we will. Who is going to stop us? Our whipping boys SA and NZ. I don't believe so.

Once we hit some steam only 2 teams can stop us, aus and India. But I feel this time it's different. Indian players that are picked are mostly mentally weak. We can punish them in important KO matches.

England is a vastly overrated side. Their full strength team lost back to back series against aus and India i am pretty sure.

It'd between and nz to make semis. We all know s.africa have phd in choking. They get overrated alot for some reason. I don't understand why. Sure they have very good bowling but their batsmen are all mostly tullas. Any hint of help in the pitch they struggle.
Well.. Even SL stopped them from making the finals in Asia Cup. Hope the team had same confidence in their abilities as you have in them!

I agree.
Let’s not let the Aussies work him out. They’re very good at it.

He’s done enough damage to go into the World Cup as the most feared batter.
It’s more to do with not risking him further

He’s been playing continuously for them

Excellent batting by the duo.

But got to feel for the bowlers on this Road. Should we expect same wickets in WC?
Mostly yeah. Either roads or 2 paced / spinner friendly wickets.

Now Mumbai, kolkata, bengaluru and Dharamshala are supposed to aid seam/swing traditionally but for odi cricket they've been flat / spin friendly these days ; coupled to it all of them have shorter boundaries. The teams that have better spin attack and batsmen who're attacking from word go will have huge edge come this world cup.

A proper Punjabi batsman is the best batsman of Asia

I’ve seen this in the league circuits too. They are monster players

Excellent batting by the duo.

But got to feel for the bowlers on this Road. Should we expect same wickets in WC?

Green pitches, boundary sizes more than 70metres - ICC sends instruction to pitch curators before world cup

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

In case you missed it

What Gill is able to cut and slash thanks to his height, Sachin had to pull those. Physically gifted batter. He’s fit, has height and power, can be a real destructive force. He’s more of Kevin Peterson actually

I'm very happy for Iyer .he is back in the form and This is big boost for us ,No matter this is road but runs are runs

Iyer is the third-best Indian batsman after Sidhu and Shewag, against offies
True. For all the woes he's had against short pitch bowling he's one guy in our lineup who can dominate the spinners. Can absolutely dominate the middle overs. He has to cross the short ball barrage though, esply if couple of wickets fall early.

These are the games that put me to sleep, no contest between bat and ball, basically you know what to expect ... No threat of anyone getting out, just keep hitting every ball..where is the fun in this? ... 450 on the cards here and Gill or Iyer could get a double hundred.

Australia have only one good pacer in this match and you can see that from his stats so far.

I hope india score 385 and still lose 🤣

Australia champion team never up ✌️
Win or lose doens't matter here , Positive from this match is Iyer is back in the form and if Indian bowler getting phainti is good for them as they can correct their mistake .Our main bowler bumrah,Siraj , kuldeep and Pandya are not playing here either

CRR dropped to 7.4 from almost 8, selfish batting just looking hundreds. That's the difference between eng and india.

India has bombed out of every icc tournament I semis or finals since 2011. If that's not choking / mentally weak then I don't think we should even have a discussion here.

When india actually wins a icc tournament then tournament can come back here to flex your I
Imaginary muscles.

Never once said India isn't a great team. They are a formidable side but they are mentally weak under pressure. It's clear as day.

So in a one off ko I back us to beat this India especially when you consider the failures like rohit and kohli are still playing.

I don't know why you got offended. I was agreeing with your post wasn't I?

Perhaps, you saw your own stupidity mirrored in my post or whatever but that's upto you to ponder upon :)

Gill or Iyer could've played at no 4 for India in 2019 WC but selectors went with players like DK, Vijay Shankar and KL. Selectors gave Gill/Iyer only 1-2 match before the WC, ruled out. Tried Rayudu in most of the series for no 4 and finally went without any of them. What a joke.

Would love to see Kishan and SKY next.

And to be honest, I'd rather we score 320 or some run of the mill total like that and test our defending skills under lights than get a 380.

Gill or Iyer could've played at no 4 for India in 2019 WC but selectors went with players like DK, Vijay Shankar and KL. Selectors gave Gill/Iyer only 1-2 match before the WC, ruled out. Tried Rayudu in most of the series for no 4 and finally went without any of them. What a joke.
Iyer definitely. Gill was not ready I think.

I don't know why you got offended. I was agreeing with your post wasn't I?

Perhaps, you saw your own stupidity mirrored in my post or whatever but that's upto you to ponder upon :)
I wasn't offended at all. If anything you were the one being sarcastic when I mentioned how india has often choked in semis and finals. Stupidity would be india being over confident going into kos in a pressure game. Let's hope for your sake they don't. Aren't india tired of losing in semis and finals. Even we won an icc event in 2017.

I wasn't offended at all. If anything you were the one being sarcastic when I mentioned how india has often choked in semis and finals. Stupidity would be india being over confident going into kos in a pressure game. Let's hope for your sake they don't. Aren't india tired of losing in semis and finals. Even we won an icc event in 2017.
Which tournament were India favourites for?

India showing why they are world no. 1 in cricket
IND 201/1 over 28.5
Are they looking for 400?

This is typical design mentality. Our Pakistani batsmen do it all the time too.its all stats driven. Until that mentality changes, Australia will continue to dominate icc events.
Typical subcontinental batting! Slowing down to get meaningless odi 100 rather than trying to maximise team total on a Road. It will be so nice if India loses because of this slow batting period.

Not once did I say anything about India's performances in the knockouts lol. Stop imagining things just because your delusions are getting called out here.

Stat padding at it's best. But this is not against BD or Zim, so credit to the batsmen!

The person who usually never gets to slow down in the nineties and as a result lost quite a number of ODI tons, was Dhawan. Not hitting big hundreds, went eventually against him, even though he was our best batsman by miles in all ICC tournaments. So everybody wants to get their own milestones in Indian culture

Actually Shreyas Iyer was looking good even in that game against Pakistan when Shaheen Afridi removed our top order but unfortunately got out in a mistimed pull shot. He seems to be in good form.

Not once did I say anything about India's performances in the knockouts lol. Stop imagining things just because your delusions are getting called out here.
Delusional about what? Imagining things like what? Calling out?

Where the wicket is flat, no batsmen are so ruthless as the indian batsmen are. These are real professional players. Pakistani batsmen would have made a fifty and get carried away and collapse to 268 all out on this wicket.

So KL ,Iyer, Kishan, SKY and Pandya have all gotten a lot of game time and look ready to play long innings..

Got to say, Dravid has done a much better job at building our middle order than Shastri-Kohli did before the 2019 wc. Still makes me feel nauseous whenever I remember our MO was Shankar, Dhoni, DK , Jadhav..

Actually Shreyas Iyer was looking good even in that game against Pakistan when Shaheen Afridi removed our top order but unfortunately got out in a mistimed pull shot. He seems to be in good form.
He has had issues vs bounce for a long time from memory. This pitch lacks the bouncy nature so he can get away. I have watched him dance to English bowlers in test cricket before.

So KL ,Iyer, Kishan, SKY and Pandya have all gotten a lot of game time and look ready to play long innings..

Got to say, Dravid has done a much better job at building our middle order than Shastri-Kohli did before the 2019 wc. Still makes me feel nauseous whenever I remember our MO was Shankar, Dhoni, DK , Jadhav..
Yea that was some absurd selection by India in 2019. Everyone knew about their middle order issues. Looks much stronger now.

Still have doubts about sky. I feel india overrate his talent. He only averages 25 as well.

He has had issues vs bounce for a long time from memory. This pitch lacks the bouncy nature so he can get away. I have watched him dance to English bowlers in test cricket before.

Okay thanks for that valuable information but most Indian batsman would dance against English bowlers in English conditions with red ball. Considering the world cup will be played in India with white ball, he can be a great asset.

Yea that was some absurd selection by India in 2019. Everyone knew about their middle order issues. Looks much stronger now.

Still have doubts about sky. I feel india overrate his talent. He only averages 25 as well.
Yet you thought India were favourites and were chokers despite being so knowledgeable about our middle order issues? Strange.

Okay thanks for that valuable information but most Indian batsman would dance against English bowlers in English conditions with red ball. Considering the world cup will be played in India with white ball, he can be a great asset.
Maybe. Again depends on the pitch. On the faster pitches of india he would struggle.

Got his century and out lol

Looked fishy...seemed like intentionally got out by giving a catching practice since he was cramping and didn't want to get injured again before world cup.

But he need to bat again as the catch was not clean

:yuvi

Back