India (97/2) defeat Ireland (96) by 8 wickets, starting their ICC T20 World Cup 2024 campaign with a comprehensive win

A complete defensive team to the core with out an attacking wrist spinner,aggressive opener and loaded with dube,axar to give more batting depth

I think if Kohli and Rohit opens vs Pakistan. There's a decent chance that Pakistani bowlers with the brand new ball can knock both or either one of India's batting pillars. Which will be significant.
Yep poor from India

I think if Kohli and Rohit opens vs Pakistan. There's a decent chance that Pakistani bowlers with the brand new ball can knock both or either one of India's batting pillars. Which will be significant.
Then vk and ro troll to death

That is one pathetic XI that india is fielding.

Kohli and Rohit opening? :sick: Both cannot score fast enough in power play. If they play stupid shots to try and accelerate, both will be gone in power play.

I don't understand the infatuation with Siraj in T20's. He is average at best. Kuldeep must play. He is the X-Factor in the Indian team. What is the point of playing Axar when you have a similar one in Jadeja? Batting looks very thin. The All rounders cannot be batting in middle order. They should be batting at No.7, 8 and 9 in a winning team.

Dravid must be fired right now for fielding this team. If India continues this lineup, they will be done in the next round.

India already have six bowling option then why they pick dube

Rohit and Kohli to open. Then Dube at 4. As if Jadeja was not they got his inferior clone in Axar and dropped Kuldeep. What pathetic decisions. Come on Ireland. Do us a favor and beat them.

Watching just this game just to see if Ireland are really good or were pakistsn just rubbish

Rohit and Kohli to open. Then Dube at 4. As if Jadeja was not they got his inferior clone in Axar and dropped Kuldeep. What pathetic decisions. Come on Ireland. Do us a favor and beat them.
The evil in me is secretly hoping for Irish win and put an end to the misery of Dravid and Rohit. How can anyone field that terrible team?

The evil in me is secretly hoping for Irish win and put an end to the misery of Dravid and Rohit. How can anyone field that terrible team?
Dravid already leaving after this wc gg will kick out rohit after the wc

India are such a good team and bat so deep, they will turn Ireland into marmalade and Pak into peanut butter spread in their next match.

no kuldeep no jaiswal? Strange selection. India being ultra defensive with Jadeja and Axar.

Irish Azam Khan batting
There are different levels of obesity.

• Overweight (not obese), if BMI is 25.0 to 29.9.
  • Class 1 (low-risk) obesity, if BMI is 30.0 to 34.9.
  • Class 2 (moderate-risk) obesity, if BMI is 35.0 to 39.9.
  • Class 3 (high-risk) obesity, if BMI is equal to or greater than 40.0.

T20s are becoming so predictable

Whoever wins the toss, chases and inevitably win the game

India are such a good team and bat so deep, they will turn Ireland into marmalade and Pak into peanut butter spread in their next match.
Might work against Ireland, Uganda and Oman.

If India fields this team against Australia, England, SA and WI, they will beat this Indian team to pulp.

India is not playing Kuldeep. This means they are confident they can win this game without their best spinner. This is some confidence.
More like they're not confident in their batting even against Ireland.. pathetic from India tbh..

The movement Siraj get both seam and swing on good bowling pitches is on par with Naseem. But with Siraj being more experienced he has achieved more in international than Naseem.

Pakistan should look to attack Arshdeep from the first over itself, ruin his confidence for the remaining three overs.

Pakistan should look to attack Arshdeep from the first over itself, ruin his confidence for the remaining three overs.
It will be disaster for Pakistan if they lose Babar Azam in the process of attacking.

Pakistan also opens their batting with their 2 best batsmen. If they both get out cheaply, I don't see Pakistan scoring anything above 120.

Strely gone.

There is good bounce in the wicket. Can hit it across the line that easily. Arshdeep with his height gets extra bounce.

Ireland will be bowled out for 100 here.

Another wc that will be dominated by the toss

Is this a T20 ? What kind of boring pitches have been prepared here, even Bi-Laterals in Ireland are played on more entertaining pitches.

What an absolute disgrace of a pitch.
And guess what, India always win's tosses on such pitches.

Never thought I would ever see a batsman leave a ball in a T20 game. :rolleyes:

Back