India (97/2) defeat Ireland (96) by 8 wickets, starting their ICC T20 World Cup 2024 campaign with a comprehensive win

Man Rohit is looking very unfit .what is he doing here , should take retirement now .

This tournament has been bizarre thus far.

I've never seen so many sub-100 scores, and it's not just a USA thing, it's happening in the West Indies too. Three scores under 100 thus far and 5 under 120. Even chasing sides are losing wickets at a fairly quick rate in these small chases.

It would be one thing if it were just the associates, but SRL and SA had trouble too.
Lot of minnows have played too. That does not help with scoring.

I’m suggesting you need to make sure you have those big boys in the side who have the extra power
He's played 13 T20 Internationals and hit only 7 sixes, 6 of them came of the last two games against Ireland!
So in the other 11 T20 Internationals he's played, he's hit just ONE 6! A solitary 6 from 11 games, digest this fact!
Big boys and extra power my foot!

He's played 13 T20 Internationals and hit only 7 sixes, 6 of them came of the last two games against Ireland!
So in the other 11 T20 Internationals he's played, he's hit just ONE 6! A solitary 6 from 11 games, digest this fact!
Big boys and extra power my foot!
Well he’s playing on Thursday and Sunday

Man. They could have got 120. All goes due to losing 6 7 wickets early. Really poor call for run also 24 balls left.

Man Rohit is looking very unfit .what is he doing here , should take retirement now .
Ind/Pak want to immortalise there stars.. Indians even pour milk over there pictures

Look how Aus dispatched the likes of Waugh’s pontings thats why they keep winning icc trophy’s.

"India rules the world"

Hardick Pandiya, this quote is right up there with India can pick A to Z teams and still win tournaments!

You will pick up 4 votes from RIZBAR haters!

LOL!

From 50-8 in 11.2 overs to 96 .
Excellent comeback from Ireland. This is the phase where Kuldeep Yadav takes wickets

The pacers took 8/10 wickets (one was runout) so the decision to go with 4 pacers was a good one

This tournament has been bizarre thus far.

I've never seen so many sub-100 scores, and it's not just a USA thing, it's happening in the West Indies too. Three scores under 100 thus far and 5 under 120. Even chasing sides are losing wickets at a fairly quick rate in these small chases.

It would be one thing if it were just the associates, but SRL and SA had trouble too.
Some pitches are low scoring but this NYC wicket is unfit. The pitch India and Ireland are playing right now and the one Sri Lanka and South Africa played on.

Apparently India rule the world :)
Well by 2075 they'll be the biggest economy and be the new face of the planet.

Their the fastest growing country no doubt. Went from 10th to 3rd largest economy in the world.

The pacers took 8/10 wickets (one was runout) so the decision to go with 4 pacers was a good one
I think Rohit made a mistake. I would not have introduced spin. Would've brought in Dube. Also instantly would've brought in Bumrah when they were 8 down for 40 odd runs.

India rules the world more than Pakistan can ever dream of tbf

Lot of minnows have played too. That does not help with scoring.

SA and SRL are minnows now? This isn't minnows sucking, it's not great to bat on. Even the minnows are struggling vs. each other to score (Aside from USA vs. Canada).

No love for Rizwan and Babar? Not even a bit?
Babar won’t clear the square on this wicket

Arshdeep will set up the fine leg and deep square leg trap for Rizwan

I didn’t include Saim either who I like. He doesn’t have the power you need either

Well by 2075 they'll be the biggest economy and be the new face of the planet.

Their the fastest growing country no doubt. Went from 10th to 3rd largest economy in the world.
They quietly put in the hard work and excel whilst Pakistanis just want aesthetics such as a handsome PM

This is the worst T20 world cup i have seen. No crowd, no hype, poor pitches, slow outfield. BCCI really needs to give a buffer zone of 3 months of fans after IPL to schedule T20 mega events. I have to energy to invest in this WC after finished watching 2 months of IPL.

Whole USA leg is to promote the game in these parts. It is very hard here. Not even soccer has made a huge penetration here except in WOmen's football. It is too complicated a game for these guys to grasp.

Babar won’t clear the square on this wicket

Arshdeep will set up the fine leg and deep square leg trap for Rizwan

I didn’t include Saim either who I like. He doesn’t have the power you need either
your study o Rizzu is commendable biradar :)

Whole USA leg is to promote the game in these parts. It is very hard here. Not even soccer has made a huge penetration here except in WOmen's football. It is too complicated a game for these guys to grasp.
USA has the smartest and the dumbest people in the world.

This is the worst T20 world cup i have seen. No crowd, no hype, poor pitches, slow outfield. BCCI really needs to give a buffer zone of 3 months of fans after IPL to schedule T20 mega events. I have to energy to invest in this WC after finished watching 2 months of IPL.
Looking at the coverage during breaks, introduction of baseball commentator suggest cricket fans shouldn't take the first leg seriously. It is merely to promote the game here and see if they can tap into the market.

Huge expat population who'd love to watch the game live.

If they really want to tap into the market best option is Major League Cricket rather than intenrational cricket. Entertaining aspects have to be highlighted. Instead this international adventure only shows the most boring aspects of the game

Soccer has made a penetration here because every kid is playing it from 5 years old until they get to high school and pick between soccer and American football. the money is still with American football as are the college sporting opportunities, but the USA has a much stronger setup and will do well in soccer in the future. The women mostly get the attention because they've won more early on and there's more money to spend on women's sports here than in other countries, leading to a level of competitive advantage for the USA. Note that USA/Japan is probably the strongest rivalry in women's soccer.

Cricket will make an impact, but the ICC has put the cart before the horse a bit here. I don't blame them-you have to get the product in front of fans with so many other sports to watch. All it takes is one big upset vs. Pakistan or India or England and Americans will start following cricket.

Would have been catchable if he had stood a little deeper. He is standing way too close for a 2nd slip here.

More than the swing bowlers seam bowlers will be more dangerous. Ball seaming after the pitch will be harder.

I am sure that is the case with a lot of fans in India. A lot of time is invested in IPL. WC right after, people do have time to invest.

I liked former Kaptaan's intent even if he failed here.

He seems to have learned a lesson from last semi debacle.

Variable bounce. WHat a poor pitch. But yes, now this pitch is Ireland's only hope.

I like Pant - he has it ... Brisbane - you do it in Test - you have the game ! 29/1 in 4

I don't like how all these random leagues like MLC, RSA T20 are basically setup by same IPL owners.

I also don't think Cricket will make an impact in NA. There is just not enough subcontinent expats.

Why we only getting 260/2 or 90/10 wickets in T20 cricket right now. Both are crap for this format. This wicket has too much movement and variable bounce. ICC should give Eng/Aus the responsibility to prepare pitches regardless of where ICC event is. The pitches in recently concluded T20 series vs Pakistan were perfect T20 wickets. 210 was par score. There was good pace and bounce, assistance for spin, fast outfield, decent size boundary.

Almost all seam bowlers have bowled well here. SL, SA, India, Ireland. So Pakistan's turn during the weekend

Back