India (97/2) defeat Ireland (96) by 8 wickets, starting their ICC T20 World Cup 2024 campaign with a comprehensive win

10 over 45/ 2 or 3 , you could even consider getting 110. But 10 overall lost 6 wickets now they have no chance. Very poor cricket.
How did Pakistan stuggle against them loll

Awful pitch. Don't mind tough batting conditions like we saw early tournament in 2022 Australia but this NY pitch has shown extreme variable bounce both in the last match and in this game. Great way to advertise the game in North America.

I do no think any batsmen (SA, SL, Ireland.. ) have had any sense of timing. Even in the warm up game Pant and SKy were okay from India.Others didn't have good timing.

Ireland want to stop batting on this dangerous pitch and get out hitting...

Probably NY should have prepared their own pitch here lol That would have been better than this drop-in pitch.

And people were cursing IPL 2024 pitches... Now they are happy about this I guess!

ICC really messed up this WC by hosting the WC in USA. It is like village cricket right now.

There is no interest at all in USA apart from desi people so whoever came up with this idea should be slapped all round.

India against Pakistan can go with Jaiswal instead of Axar. That way INdian batting will be very long.

If Pandu has 13/3 in 3 , either he has discovered bowling form of life or IRE batted very poorly or 90 is par score on this deck . Tell me which 1 is it ?

Let me take that back. Drop Jadeja and bring Axar in

Jaiswal
Rohit
Kohli
Samson
SKY
Dube
Hardik
Axar

That is 8 batsmen.

Typical story unfolding for Indian team.

Bash minnows and fall into a lull of false security. Then they meet Australia or England or NZ in knockouts and lose badly.

Typical story unfolding for Indian team.

Bash minnows and fall into a lull of false security. Then they meet Australia or England or NZ in knockouts and lose badly.

They obliteratd 10 teams in WC2023 as well lol Then they choked on a tricky pitch.

Will we see Jadeja now? I hoped to see Bumrah finish his spell

This battering is going to do India's NRR a big favour, might make a difference in the end, especially with Pakistan playing the way they have been.

Rohit is scaredy cat captain. WHy doesnt he finish Bumrah's overs>

Yuvi looks like a gangster ... best over this 4 IRE - Pandu pitela - 66/8 in 13

Irland should score at least 100 to have some hope.

India also needs some batting practice before Pakistan game.

Hardik has a good short ball. Rohit is supporting Hardik and trying to get him back in good form

Nice reverse hoick for 4 off Jadeja.

Little is little by little adding to this miserable total.

India has a lot of test match players. Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja, Axar, Pant, Jaiswal. That will be handy on these kind of pitches.

India treating this as a warm up match now, might as well rotate the bowlers

Bring on Bumrah to finish off this innings with his yorkers. Why is Rohit dragging this game?

India treating this as a warm up match now, might as well rotate the bowlers
I think they want to go for the kill which is the best way to do it. You never know, if a couple of games get rained out, then NRR could come into play. So better to go for the kill and give yourslef every advantage should NRR come into play.

This tournament has been bizarre thus far.

I've never seen so many sub-100 scores, and it's not just a USA thing, it's happening in the West Indies too. Three scores under 100 thus far and 5 under 120. Even chasing sides are losing wickets at a fairly quick rate in these small chases.

It would be one thing if it were just the associates, but SRL and SA had trouble too.

Back